It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexism, Misogyny and the rise and rise and rise of the internet asshole....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche
Seen people ripping on him for daring to have the sleeves up exposing his "ridiculous tattoos" as well on some sites. I think it's a lot of jealousy rearing it's ugly green head personally.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Nyiah

I wonder when the men's rights groups are going to freak out about all the drawings of naked men I used to draw when I was younger...

heck my high school made me put a little covering over one of the pictures privates and STILL had it hung in the school hallway 10 years after I graduated.

I wonder if its still there.....

Men... flame away! hahahaha

You & I alike there. You have no idea how many penises I doodled in my math books over the years due to utter boredom in class (among other doodles) I still couldn't make them look like anything beyond abstract impressions (at best) Oddly, I never got in any trouble over it. Different time I guess even in the 90's, some battles were chosen more wisely back then.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

That is so seriously wrong! There are more women artists that draw and paint nudes of women than there are men doing it!

Its because women are beautiful! The human form is a work of art in and of itself... whether that form be men or women... there is beauty!

And feminists cry because people draw that? Or because a man had the audacity to wear the work of a woman artist?

Thats total BS.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Seen people ripping on him for daring to have the sleeves up exposing his "ridiculous tattoos" as well on some sites. I think it's a lot of jealousy rearing it's ugly green head personally.

I've heard murmurs of people complaining that his tats were unprofessional for his work. I think mostly jealousy is to blame, yes. A lot of people looking at this guy with an "alternative" look, that most would categorize as a loser or underachiever, and he's got a probe on a comet whereas most people doing the complaining probably couldn't point one out if it were crashing into them here.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I liked doing charcoal sketches. I did them inside of art class actually. My teacher wanted the school to send me to the college so that I could have live models, but the school board was like... nah.. we cant do that!

So I sketched from what I could see in my head... but I was pretty good at it. And at that age, its was the gladiator type for me all the way.

one of the pieces I did the school really did appreciate enough to hang in the hallway... it was still there when I went back 10 years later to visit some of the teachers I liked...

I think it was the office ladies that kept it there actually! hahahah

but yeah... the obsession back then had some to do with art, and some to do with hormones I think!

Now, I'm not so obsessed with naked gladiators, but I still have no problem with nudes, male or female. It is usually female artists like myself doing them!
edit on 15-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

And yet, it's only significant when it's happening to women....
That is a problem.

And yes, those rape/death/whathaveyou threats are intolerable....

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
I drew lots of penises in high school as well. Everytime someone drank too much and passed out at one of my parties, we drew penises on their foreheads among other things, with magic markers. Woke up as a walking work of art myself a few times. Ah, the good old days

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I am laughing so hard you just dont know!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
This thread is not about Muslim women.

So how about folks stop hijacking it and discuss the topic at hand?

I agree with you, this is about feminists hijacking society and blaming men for their mistakes. Let's get back to the real issues. it has nothing to do with Muslim women....it has everything to do with feminists who are jealous of pretty women who can get dates and then have created a movement to hide behind while trying to take all women down with them into their depression. It is funny that most attractive (or hot) women never have a complaint about men who cat call, or who find hem attractive and want them to know it. Hell, most seem to enjoy the attention (far be it from a woman to enjoy attention right?) It's only the homely looking, non-curvaceous women who seem to complain so much. Is this irony or a real connection? It just wreaks of jealousy of unattractive women to me...and it seems that they just want to try to force ALL women to believe what they do, and to denigrate the character of men...calling us rapists, and uncouth, and objectifying women ....MEANWHILE....down the street.....there is a woman who is swinging around a pole almost nude who is objectified by men. Sexually oppressed by men right feminists? (of course you agree).

Here is the real truth that is happening....MEANWHILE, there is a woman down the street swinging around a pole, who went to that club on her own accord, got the job, and seduces men nightly out of hundreds of dollars of heir hard earned money. The female who is swinging around the pole, makes over $1,000 a night usually, and on the weekends...even more. That is more than I make every two weeks as a man. I would certainly do that job, if I could clear that much cash a night......Hell, even half that much for one night, however men do not have the luxury of taking their clothes off, seducing women and getting paid that much. Yes, there are some male strippers out there (very few, because they really have to be top notch...whereas women can have a C-Section scar and still make good money on a Tuesday), but the male strippers don't clear near that much money, and women actually get to touch them. Because women and men are designed different.Women aren't as visual as men are, hence they cant be seduced visually (or taken advantage of) like men can. Women are more internal...you know...love and all that. This is why romance books are the top seller for women and not a male stripper bar. So, who is really exploiting who here?

Women, get paid thousands a night for exploiting the Achilles heel of a mans sexual desire, the man leaves the club without the money that he walked into the club with.....and can't even TOUCH the woman, let alone have sex with her.......Who is exploiting who?

**UPDATE** - The very next day on the news....we hear how men exploit and objectify women in these clubs, as sexual objects.

I will clear something in the air right now about myself.... I LOVE WOMEN, I just don't care for feminists.

How about we discuss misandry...any MEN want to chime in on how they were married once...went to court, got taken through the wringer, had to pay outrageous amounts of child support and alimony, report to your District Attorney every few weeks, while not being able to buy food, rent a place to stay, or how you missed a payment or two and then the court took away your license and passport (so that you couldn't get to your job, or look even look for one, and certainly couldn't leave the country), while women (whether they cheated on you or not...or was the reason for the divorce) have to report to NO ONE, do not have to pay monthly allowances or prove to the DA that they have spent a dime, never have to pay alimony to you...never have to even pay a cent for the child really, and even spend the child support money on themselves or to pay their bills with their cable bill support payments. I work at a major ISP and I can't say a word, but it sickens me every time some woman asks me to lift their "Non-Pay Disconnect" because their child support payment is coming in next week. I have the authority at my job to make any decision I want......I never restart their services when they tell me that. I never will. To me, those women are scum, and make all women look bad. These are feminists that do these things to men. I have a high profile job at the ISP I work for, and I protect men from this scum as much as I can. I may not be the voice for men (men have no voice these days).....but I silently protect them whenever I can. If I can make a feminist feel the suffereing that she has subjected a man to. It's kinda what I do. I treat "WOMEN" with 100%...I don't consider feminists women at all. To me..tey are a cancer to the social fabric of society, and are as selfish as they come.as they are the ones who yell "If I want to abort my baby, I can! You can't tell me what to do with my body".....however, they never even consider the body of the child, or what the child's opinion may be. They simply claim "I am not ready to have this child, hence I can abort it"....that is a choice. A choice that men do not have. Men can't say "Your Honor, I wasn't ready for this child, so I don't want to pay child support". It simply doesn't work.....but feminists murdering a baby? For some reason...that is alright. Do you all see the double standard here? Do you all hear on the media that the double standard belongs to men? Can you see how feminists and the media are pissing on our backs and trying to convince us that it's just raining??

Don't be afraid men..speak up with your experiences. Yeah ok, men get attacked when they say anything against feminism.....that's just what happens...big deal! This is why we have no voice. Speak up, and don't worry about it. real women are out there and far outnumber these feminists. If you speak the truth....how can they attack you with anything more than just an emotion? Look at some of my previous posts.....you will see what I mean. Tell your story men! Don't cower to this media hype.

P.SS - (if you are a feminist man...I don't want to hear from you because you are confused enough...you're a man and you have joined a girls club The End.)
edit on 15-11-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i like OB. i don't like islam. i like nenothu. i don't like islam. however, since islam, like any other world view, is a second skin people wear, they view that as if it were written into their dna. so when someone says, you shouldn't do this or that because it is belittling women, muslims look at that argument and wonder how it could be any different - that's like asking them to extract a piece of who they are, genetically, and throw it away.

but here's the catch: IT REALLY ISN'T WHO YOU ARE. you were born into this world BUTT NEKKID. not in hajib or abaya or any variation thereof. when you leave this world, the worms will eat your clothes and you will once again be BUTT NEKKID. and when you make more lil yous (give birth) you presumably do so, while BUTT NEKKID. there is actually nothing wrong with your birthday suit (your naked body). god actually created you BUTT NEKKID and had no problem with it. it was we humans who felt guilty for being BUTT NEKKID. now why would we feel bad for being how god created us? somebody, somewhere is lying about the natural state of who we are being unacceptable to god.

so it says, cover yourself up suddenly. why? only thing that changed was we felt bad for something we weren't supposed to feel bad about in the first place!

i agree that it's much more aesthetically pleasing that we don't have to see each other naked today, because we aren't all playboy / playgirl centerfolds, but the amount of effort that goes into hiding what god created, freaks me out. some clothes, fine. a full body sheet..what the hell? you are beautiful, not some monster.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's some nice examples of feminists doing what they play victim over, but for whatever reason this side of the story never gets covered, because the media goes along with the idea that any criticism of feminism is sexist.

This feminist doxxed a woman in Mexico and treated to give her address to cartels, so she can get raped and understand why feminism is right.
mobile.twitter.com...

This feminist doxxed a guy, and threatened to harm him & his family, as well as cut off his penis.
mobile.twitter.com...

Someone doxxed Milo Yiannopoulos and sent him a dirty syringe full of an unknown liquid
twitter.com...

More doxxing and threats to family members
twitter.com...

Calling for another holocausts
gamergateharassment.tumblr.com...

Same guy who said gamers should be thrown in gas chambers, also said they should die of bone cancer
38.media.tumblr.com...

Here's the popular feminist Briana Wu calling someone with autism a "gross f****n aspie", but i guess it's only offensive to offend feminists
twitter.com...

They cry about it endlessly, but many of them are hypocrites. Some of these people only cry so they can feel good when they pat themselves in the back, but many of them have no real principles.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

True, although the figures vary from club to club. Where I worked, and bear in mind this was back in the 90's, the dancers made around 400 a night on weeknights, and around 600 or sometimes a little more on weekends - then again, that was a dive, and higher class clubs probably pulled in more money.

Sure enough, if some guy is prone to getting all starry-eyed and turning loose of his money, there will be someone there to grab it for him before it hits the ground, and, contrary to popular perception, women ARE a good deal more ruthless than men when it comes to that sort of thing.

While the girls were bringing in around 400 a night average, I had a friend who worked at the only male strip club in town, and who made around 300 a night average, according to him. I don't recall him agitating for equal pay at the time, though.

PLEASE! Don't bring this sort of thing up again - it could do violence to the victimhood narrative that feminists are promoting!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

lol...
I just don't like it when feminists try to say how oppressed the clothing is... its been worn long prior to Islam.. for good reason.
edit on 15-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: neformore
This thread is not about Muslim women.

So how about folks stop hijacking it and discuss the topic at hand?

I agree with you, this is about feminists hijacking society and blaming men for their mistakes.

Which part of a man threatening to rape and kill a woman is the womans fault, or anything to do with feminism??

You either have extreme difficulty comprehending the english language, or no sense of moral responsibility.

If a man is incapable of controlling his mouth or is incapable of behaving like a normal person inside the bounds of decency then it is NOT the womans fault ever.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

This thread is NOT ABOUT ISLAM.

Please stop derailing it.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'll do one better:
The Munk Debate - The End of Men

Be it resolved, men are obsolete...

This Munk Debate is guaranteed to ruffle feathers. After millenia of social dominance, men appear to be losing their lead. Women are fast emerging as more successful in education, employment, personal health, and even political leadership. Four writers take up the debate. Arguing for the resolution are: Hanna Rosin and Maureen Dowd. Arguing against the resolution: Caitlin Moran and Camille Paglia.

Here's one from a famous feminist who is frequently studied in womens studies in college:

Proof that the penis is a much later development than the female vulva is found in the evidence that the male himself was a late mutation from an original female creature. For man is but an imperfect female. Geneticists and physiologists tell us that the Y chromosome that produces males is a deformed and broken X chromosome — the female chromosome. All women have two X chromosomes, while the male has one X derived from his mother and one Y from his father. It seems very logical that this small and twisted Y chromosome is a genetic error — an accident of nature, and that originally there was only one sex — the female. The First Sex, ch. 1 - Woman and the Second Sex (1971).

And this is about equality?
Right.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Well, I'm not a Muslim, but I get yer drift. I'm also not a woman, but I've been caught defending them now and again, when I thought no one was looking - 'taint manly to get caught at that, so I'm told by one or another.

About the naked thing - I've got no problem with it. I'd probably cut the grass naked in the summer time if I thought I could get away with it - but I can't. Dramamine would become the most abused drug in the county if I tried.

It's a cultural thing, really. Some places cover up more than others, and they do what they get used to doing. It's not so very different around here, visions of Daisy Duke notwithstanding. People, and especially women, tend to cover up a lot around here, for the same reasons the Arabs started doing it way back when - because they, and we, spend a lot of time outdoors, in the sun and whatnot. That can do evil things to a skin covering, especially over a period of years.

Now, among Christians, Muslims, and I presume Jews, it's become a "morality and modesty" issue. Doesn't matter that wasn't the original rationale, it's just what sticks now. BECAUSE it's become a morality issue, feminism feels a need to attack it. How DARE anyone define "morality" other than them?

Whether someone wants to cover from heel to ears, or whether they want to dance naked around a campfire, either way it ain't none of my concern... and I certainly can't try to use it to provide myself with some supposed "moral superiority". If I were to be in possession of any such thing, I would think that it should emanate from myself, not issue from what someone else is or isn't doing.

T'aint right to my mind to define what you ARE by what someone else ISN'T. It gives them way too much power in the definition of "you".

edit on 2014/11/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

a fashion statement or environmental biosuit, completely logical! an aethestic art form, or tactile, soothing, sensory second skin, completely logical!

but, just for the record, if men have a problem with your naked/semi-naked body, that ain't your fault. you comprende' senora? (hehe i don't speak spanish)

now if we are to take the ancient texts at face value, the reason we were told to cover up was because "the angels" were forcing themselves on human women. in fact, it sounds as if they were being "abducted" and impregnated. and they were doing this based on how attractive the woman looked for procreating, so clearly visual cues like healthy skin, bones, weight distribution and so on, were readily available IF you didn't cover up . but that is not the reason we were told to cover up! we were told to cover up because "god" supposedly was angry that we felt guilty that we were who he made us to be. do you not see a problem with that?

today, abrahamic religions teach us to be modest and wear head coverings because of the angels (they might abduct us if we're physically fit? say what? if they are angels, they can just swipe some dna while you're sleeping and clone ya, for goodness sakes. what's with all the "it's the woman's fault if men perceive her as attractive!" who's the real culprit here? why women of course. doh. sarcasm. doh. now pray tell, how does your head and hair, exhibit enough information about who you are, genetically, to merit covering your head up so visual cues aren't available? was it race based? were angels only abducting brown people or white people or oriental people or what???? the head covering thing is not to protect from angels, it's to protect you from being abducted and stuck in some pharaoh or maharajis harem!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to admit, having seen a couple of times now what the thread is NOT about, I don't know any more what it IS about, so I'll just bow out and sit on the sidelines, and try to keep my yap shut...

... like a good little well-behaved male.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i think that's what happened to aaliyah. i don't think her plane crashed. some body, somewhere, with alot of power/tech, stole that woman off a plane in midair. i know, crazy conspiracy theory, but i feel it in my gut.

breeding stock for somebody that ain't nice.......at all.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join