It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexism, Misogyny and the rise and rise and rise of the internet asshole....

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What irritates me to no avail is feminists insisting I should think exactly like them.

No, I won't. Just because I have the same plumbing doesn't mean I have to jump on a bandwagon based on examples I find ludicrous. It would be a different story if feminists weren't just as sexist as the guys they claim to be fighting back against. Take this and chew on it -- I've yet to meet a feminist who I don't consider to be foaming at the mouth. One who isn't a hypocrite demanding pristine treatment of women in general, yet treating men like garbage, discarding dissenting women's opinions with acidic vitriol or mockery (a male-identified women I apparently am) and whom aren't simply arrogant to the core.

This attitude is prevalent now. It may not be what the older era feminists are used to rubbing elbows with, but this is the norm now, and it's not how you progress a movement forward. Feminism has essentially stagnated, and the overall attitude now is closer to "Spoiled Rotten Brat" syndrome than anything noble. Any dissenting opinions are met with hissy fits (and yes, they ARE childish fits) and typically attacks towards the dissenter.

If modern feminism wants any kind of support at all, rather than to fade into oblivion, they need to reconcile the fact that perceptions are per person, not blanketed by default, and that the holier-than-thou attitudes need to stop in their tracks. Maybe it would be more beneficial for society if feminists would simply ditch the sexist girls-only betterment agenda & work towards all kinds being equal, including but not limited to men, too.

Perhaps, if they could muster up the give-a-damn to do that, the perceived rampant online sexism would dwindle to non-issue status. That common goals thing & all being what it is...
edit on 11/15/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I find it depressing that all the boys and girls were going at it Like rabbits in your high school! I was a late bloomer myself and waited till I left university and i'll be hoping my kids will be concentrating on their school work as well. Please god! LOL

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

to be fair it was not all but a great deal...the guys were just as loose as the ladies...

it was just not my scene...

most of the guys would stick it in anyone and most of the girls would spead em for anyone...

never been my bag

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Yeah I think not caring who your partner is, is not healthy or respectful of yourself or them.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

You mean when you were a kid you never had your private fantasies about "that" girl? My husband has admitted to as much, but he also said he never would have gone near her in a million years because she was "that" girl, but it didn't stop the hormones.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: ketsuko

And when every man knows that you are the kind of woman who will hook up and have no strings attached sex, you have just become the same thing every male fantasizes about and no male respects. Just ask them, and they'll tell you.

i wasnt asked but i will tell you..
i dont fantasize about ladies like that...
i have never been into girls that would just toss it around, casual, one night stand, no strings attached types....not even when i was in my teens and 20's.
it has always turned me off.

i have never had a one night stand. i have never had a sex buddy...

its a total turn off for me....

then again, i have not had many relationships either....that never bothered me....

even when i was in high school. you know when hormones were supposed to be raging.....
i never wanted anything to do with the cheerleader type or the loose girl type...the girl that had already had been with a ton of guys or the girl that always had to have a boyfriend.....

i was into the girl that hung out by herself in the library and liked to go to the book store....

not all guys are like that....i know a lot are but not me.

I think ti's that way with most guys. I don't think most guys seriously want the slut. There's a prejudice in society which asserts men only want the slut. They're not given the credit they deserve. And yet I DO think it's someone who's generally fair to good looking. A lot of girls and woman are fair to good looking and NOT sluts. This is where the prejudice is. Not saying men don't want an ugly woman or don't fantasize about an ugly woman, but I think most imagine a woman with average to good complexion. I'm not saying we all want a Phoebe Cates or Anne Francis, but the girls we tend to dream of as youth have a good complexion and good health.
edit on 15-11-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

My god people have you never heard of safe sex, wear a condom for god sake.
But i can't believe how personally insulting you've got because I admitted to having casual sec. Nice.

If I were you, I'd avoid taking it personally - what I typed, other than the post involving tea - was typed before I'd read any "admissions" - but it still holds true... just not "personally" but rather "generally". The post involving having tea DID specify that it would need be "common knowledge", in which case I'd not be sitting down to tea with you, anyhow. If that is offensive, I can't quite understand why - if a gal is already that busy, she's not likely to want to take time to have tea with an old fart like me anyhow.

On the other hand, I never said that I was "inoffensive".

Condom? Please! They're certainly not reliable enough to bet my health on! the only "safe sex" is either "stay with one" or "find a hobby".

edit on 2014/11/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Right to be honest this thread is making me uncomfotable now.
This whole talk of "girls" like that is faintly sickening.
Demonising women who enjoy sex is wrong, and I can see that it's time for me to go find a nice UFO thread to read!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

to be fair it was not all but a great deal...the guys were just as loose as the ladies...

it was just not my scene...

most of the guys would stick it in anyone and most of the girls would spead em for anyone...

never been my bag

Well, there is a fine line these days, and I think it gets crossed too often when we educate about sex. How much is too much and how much is just plain do it because if it feels good you should.

Sex is something that should come with attachment and emotion, a real relationship, not just because you are drunk and bored on Friday. There are too many things that can go wrong w

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Demonising women who enjoy sex is wrong, and I can see that it's time for me to go find a nice UFO thread to read!

And you never thought about "boys" like that?

I know I did to some extent, but again, I wouldn't have gone near them. They were bad news. At least one of my classmates wound up in trouble because of one of those guys.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Telling anyone they should be raped is obviously an asshole thing to do, but it's not a one way thing, I've seen feminists calling for women who disagree with them to be raped. A male feminist and game critic named Geordie Tait said gamergate supporters should be thrown in gas chambers, and said the way gamers treat women is worst than the holocaust. A feminist writer named Patricia Hernandez proposed the Idea that killing female gamers inside video games, is equal to raping them.

Some of these people are nothing more professional victims, they've lost touch with reality, but because they cry the loudest everyone accepts that they have the most valid argument.

They've had victimization pumped into their heads so relentlessly that they see it everywhere they go. Now they're attacking the scientist who landed the probe on the comet because his shirt (which was designed by his female artist friend for his birthday) had sc-ifi women in bikinis on it. They say his shirt made them feel oppressed, and they exploded all over social media letting the world know how deeply it offended them. They are blaming his shirt for the lack of women scientists, instead of celebrating the women scientists who where part of the project, because celebrating women isn't as effective. I'm sorry that they are this emotionally unstable, but I have a hard time taking such petty offenses serious.

As a male gamer I can honestly say women don't get trash talk for being women, they get trash talk cause it's an unavoidable part of playing games. I've been called every name in the book for years, but I didn't run to the media to let people know how offended I was, cause I have enough self worth that it didn't effect me. i didn't need the attention, i didn't need to let the world know about victimized it made me feel. It is what it is, sometimes it's even fun to hear their stupid comments, to me these people mean nothing, their opinion means nothing. I'd feel ridiculous being so crushed by the comments of a 13 year old on a game.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You mean when you were a kid you never had your private fantasies about "that" girl? My husband has admitted to as much, but he also said he never would have gone near her in a million years because she was "that" girl, but it didn't stop the hormones.

Nope, never, that I can recall. I won't delve any further, to preserve delicate sensibilities, but the aforementioned reason wasn't the only one - it was probably just the predominant one. It's really probably a whole 'nuther thread of it's own, one which will never see the light of day at ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
They've had victimization pumped into their heads so relentlessly that they see it everywhere they go. Now they're attacking the scientist who landed the probe on the comet because his shirt (which was designed by his female artist friend for his birthday) had sc-ifi women in bikinis on it. They say his shirt made them feel oppressed, and they exploded all over social media letting the world know how deeply it offended them. They are blaming his shirt for the lack of women scientists, instead of celebrating the women scientists who where part of the project, because celebrating women isn't as effective. I'm sorry that they are this emotionally unstable, but I have a hard time taking such petty offenses serious.

Wait, are you freaking kidding me? o.O Seriously? Do feminists have nothing better to do with their time than to bitch about a T-SHIRT? Oh yeah, that really makes the movement seem worthy of being taken seriously. We have a serious scientific achievement, and that's what they zero in on. I have a t-shirt that has a woman bent over in a thong, and a caption that says "Ass, it's what's for dinner!" It's a joke shirt I found amusing, and therefore bought. I'm not into girls, nor butts, so it's a humor shirt plain & simple. Have at me. I'm sure it'll make someone feel special to complain about.

Like I said, Spoiled Rotten Brat syndrome. Fine example right there.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

lol... no one is "demonising" women for liking sex. You'd be hard pressed to find a woman in this thread who didn't enjoy sex...

me probably more than most actually.

But I take my enjoyment from monogamy, and many others do as well. Some don't, and that is their prerogative.. but there are many diseases most don't care for, regardless of how much we enjoy sex.

Sorry if diseases scare some of us more than sex does. We aren't much squeamish to speak on sex either... its a perfectly natural thing... I don't get the fear of talking openly...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It's not "demonizing girls who enjoy sex" - what good would a world without them be? It's more about the ones who are, ummm,.... "indiscriminate" about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wonder when the men's rights groups are going to freak out about all the drawings of naked men I used to draw when I was younger...

heck my high school made me put a little covering over one of the pictures privates and STILL had it hung in the school hallway 10 years after I graduated.

I wonder if its still there.....

Men... flame away! hahahaha

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Better pic here, sorry, all sold out though

edit on Sat, 15 Nov 2014 17:56:35 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I feel so degraded and used now!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

everyone has a purpose in life dear... you have yours... I wouldn't complain if I were you... lol

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Wait, are you freaking kidding me? o.O Seriously? Do feminists have nothing better to do with their time than to bitch about a T-SHIRT? Oh yeah, that really makes the movement seem worthy of being taken seriously. We have a serious scientific achievement, and that's what they zero in on. I have a t-shirt that has a woman bent over in a thong, and a caption that says "Ass, it's what's for dinner!" It's a joke shirt I found amusing, and therefore bought. I'm not into girls, nor butts, so it's a humor shirt plain & simple. Have at me. I'm sure it'll make someone feel special to complain about.

Like I said, Spoiled Rotten Brat syndrome. Fine example right there.

Yes, they actually made him cry and apologize.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join