It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open for Religion's or believes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello , my name is Christian , my whole family is Catholic , and they do belive.
But me? I stopped beliving in anything few years ago. And becuase of my current situation with a lot of stress and some depression i want to find a religion that i can look forword to. A religion that i would belive in , it can be any religion , i am open to anything. And ill try anything , even if it can be satanic or whatever. Please help me

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

Have fun. Wandering with your arms wide open can be a wild ride.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Buddhism is a pretty good one I think, you should check it out. I'm not Buddhist but I have a healthy respect for its teachings.

Better yet, don't join any religion, just be yourself not what others want you to be. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

How about Martial Arts?

Stay away from Scientology! LOL
edit on 11-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Unless you want MORE stress and depression, forget about religion.

What you need is something real.

Religion is a counterfeit.

You need the genuine article.

Below are a few ideas to get you started...

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
God doesn't lie either - but he veils the truth from those who consider themselves wise in their own eyes. Finding the truth is a matter of humility and the acceptance of our need for grace (nobody can be counted pure in the eyes of God... Perseverance in seeking the person of God is the key. If we knock, the door will be opened. After that, it's just a matter of time until he 'leads us into all truth' by the power of His Spirit.

The Bible tells us that if we DILIGENTLY seek God, that He will reveal Himself to us. So have at it! Just say "God if you are real, SHOW ME!" Say it out loud, and be patient and DILIGENT - Do it each day diligently and persistently until He shows up. It won't be God the Father, but it will be either Jesus or an angel who will appear to you or you will hear His voice - either in your spirit or audible. He will do it in His timing, not yours, so be persistent and diligent and patient!

A guy at my school was speaking and he said he talking at a convention and he went up to a girl and gave her $20, she started bursting crying.. And she said that when she woke up that she asked God "If your real someone will give me $20 today" So God can show himself in many ways. www.youtube.com...

"If that is not enough, I challenge all non-believers to ask him yourself. If you ask Jesus directly if he is real, to show himself to you, in an honest and humble manner, simply a search for truth, he will do something to show you he is real. Please be patient, as he will do this on his timing, not yours!!"

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
You are an open-minded sort of person, by the look of things! A rare thing in these days and times. I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...''

That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...''

She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him.

I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing. He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways.

Take it or leave it - but I hope you take it, in faith.

Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

Don't bother with 'Droidus the spirit guide' (or others like him) - he has no answers for anyone; not even those who are devoted to him. God Himself will be your guide.

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
The nature of the Truth is that not everyone hears it. The proof of God is everywhere. Creation itself is proof. Knowing the Truth and proclaiming it is not pride. I can provide evidence, which I already have, but proof is something that comes from God. The truth is either God revealed the truth or He didn't. The truth is you have been given the ability to seek the truth. Where there is smoke... Me, I know because I spent years seeking. My God has revealed Himself to me. He does that after you seek Him. He does it because He said He would. You can't know if I am telling the truth, though. That is because God designed your reality so that it is up to you, personally, to seek the truth. If you hear it, and believe it, you will seek God. And then you will know what I know.

Gene Neill's interviews are extreme;y fascinating... LINKAGE

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
God, whatever you believe the deity to believe, is within you.

All 'churches' distort God's teachings and serve themselves seeking riches and power. All of them!

Teach yourself, look at them all, take what touches you.

Remove the words of man from all religious texts and you end up with one message.

BE NICE TO EACH OTHER

It is that simple.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well, as the Avett Brothers say in a great song, "So, when you run make sure you run to something and not away from 'cause lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you down".

Don't make some unsuspecting god or goddess your "rebound relationship". My recommendation would be to research the Taoist paths. It will center you, make you a better person, make you happier, and you can keep it when (if) you ever decide to follow a religion down the road.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Jimi Hendrix said music was his religion.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What are you actually seeking from your spiritual path? I myself walk the world as a NeoPagan Druid, it fits my life quite well, and it does not conflict with my life as a Scientist.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Thats the thing , i dont know what i am seeking for, i am lost

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well then explore. I spent my teens an angry atheistic pagan at a religious school. My twenties as a agnostic pagan at University, and from my 30's and now into my 40's I've embraced polytheism into my life. It works for me. Another flavour of Christianity may suit you more, or Buddhism. You need to explore. My only advice would be do it on your own terms. There are a lot of wack jobs wanting to "mentor" you in "their path".

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell, 'Spirituality' is for folks who've already been... ALL the religions™ are 'different' this makes them the 'same'; Remove what is the 'same' and 'The Truth' will be revealed. You can't be ALL of them if You're just One..

You ARE the Church™ although 'they' enjoy the tax-free status You do all the 'work' and that job is to get You back to 'whence You came', You are 'The Creator' working Your way back to The One Infinite Creator.. Ergo, You being the Church™ why would You physically attend a Church™? Especially when You factor in getting 'The Word' from whomever the presenter/Pastor/Preacher is, and then that is their interpretation, each Self, those 'in Body' have the ability to connect w/that 'Christ Consciousness' but "most' are too busy being 'led astray' If You TRULY want to find "it" then look 'inside'... It is already in Your DNA, (as I was typing this I was thinking of Salmon knowing to return to spawn and lo-behold as I was thinking this/typing this John Oliver was talking about spawning Salmon...hmmm...)

You typed that Your folks are Catholic™, if You were to guess/opine, how would You rate that Catholicism™ has worked out for them thus far? What if You don't "need" a 'Rule Book'?

Want something enlightening to read and won't take too looooooong? Read the Tao Te Ching.. and 'The Egg'

namaste

"You can do it, You can be anything You want in this world" This is Your World, and You're 'The Creator' (see above)

Plus, it seems that We're at a point in society where One gets along better w/others by avoiding speaking/uttering/typing anything to do w/sex, politics™ and religion™, so Whatever You decide to be, be the best One You can... But if You're in the U.S. You won't have to declare .....(yet) If folks w/machetes come and ask what religion™ You are, see if You can use a "Street shout out"...

I just found a new One that I haven't really looked into called 'Eckankar™ Another to look at in 'The Law of One'

I too was raised Catholic™ and was Baptized, and married in The Church™, I lost My taste way back during Catechism ...

Enjoy Your trip! Learn, Teach and Have Fun!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

“Know thyself and all will be revealed."

Pamela Theresa Loertscher

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Christ said the believers are the church, not the big buildings. Anywhere two or three believers are gathered is a church. My husband and I are a church in God's eyes. We regularly take fellowship together and discuss events from a Christ-centered perspective and talk about scripture. We keep each other centered in our walks.

Being Christian is as simple as, and as hard, as accepting Christ and making an effort to walk with Him instead of against Him.

Christianity is not found exclusively in a pew on Sunday, but only inside of you, in your heart. Until you figure that out and find God there, you won't get very far.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Ooooh little cricket. Why seek amongst us mortals . Think not your answers lay elsewhere?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Because perchance its easier to talk to humans on the interwebs?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

could may be yet not for all this internet is such a ball.
we find our questions twixt out toes the answers come from no one knows.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
Hello , my name is Christian , my whole family is Catholic , and they do belive.
But me? I stopped beliving in anything few years ago. And becuase of my current situation with a lot of stress and some depression i want to find a religion that i can look forword to. A religion that i would belive in , it can be any religion , i am open to anything. And ill try anything , even if it can be satanic or whatever. Please help me

Find another book that tells you this ( Hidden in the Letters of Hebrew ) if you can, but you will not find it. Truth is founded on giving to others. The family is the first place to start.

You will not learn about God from the church or the Bible if you fail to see the primary lesson they teach. You will only learn about God and the Bible by doing His will. The will of God is simple: Give and receive. The Catholic Church takes. They have made themselves princes. Because of this, their structure is corrupt. This does not imply that all Catholics are corrupt, but it does show why most churches are failing us today. They have not followed the first root truth: Give. Suffer for what you give by earning it first. The will to take marks the thief. Theology marks pride in what we have taken through knowledge. There is only one root truth that emerges from all of scripture.

Religion is this:

James 1:27

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

No church or book is necessary to practice true religion. Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy. Overcome this lower nature by following the will to give and receive. That's it. If you find this path, you have found truth.

The secret to how this is accomplished is in this thread:
Live Life Well by Suffering First

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Religion, God, its not about picking one u fancy or one that seems cool its about finding the truth... Check out scientific miracles in the Qur'an, ask God to guide yoguidu to the truth and be sincere...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Buddhism is a pretty good one I think, you should check it out. I'm not Buddhist but I have a healthy respect for its teachings.

Better yet, don't join any religion, just be yourself not what others want you to be. Good luck.

I will recommend Buddhism too. Is more of a life style than a religion and it won't chain you to some dogma or set of rule. Just be you and act accordingly the universal morals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join