It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Results

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

Ted Cruz shouldn't even be allowed near his wallet much less anyone elses. The guy nearly crashed the worlds economy just because he wanted to make Obama look bad..

Because he filibustered an out of control President and Democrat Congress? Exaggerate much? Besides it was the Prez who shut down the veterans monuments and national parks in an effort to make the GOP look bad and scare people.
Did you forget that the Democrats under Obama refused to pass a budget for years?
Let's see what the Democrats filibuster.
US News and World Report had this commentary on the shutdown.

Truth be told, Obama and Reid want a shutdown – unless they get everything they want. That means not just the survival of Obamacare but the busting of the spending caps so that the federal spigot can be turned back on and the money can start flowing once again to the constituent groups that are such an important part of the Democrat's electoral coalition. Anyone who doubts this should just look at the way the White House has been handing out waivers on Obamacare and to whom. In the political sense, they're the next best thing to cash.

There are some in the conservative coalition who really do want to force a government shutdown as they see it as the only way, the last gasp if you will, to stop Obamacare before it starts to be implemented. What most of the Washington punditocracy won't tell you is that the White House, Harry Reid and the Democrats want a shutdown just as much if not more They see it as the pathway back to control of the House after the 2014 election, which would allow Obama to finish his term much the same way he started it – with no checks and balances on him whatsoever.
www.usnews.com...

Hey and guess what? Now we have more checks and balances, that is if the RINOs and Progressives in the Republican Party get off their butts and do something.
edit on 6-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

think the earth isn't warming (Not talking even about man made warming, just they deny that the climate is changing!), think the earth is 10,000 years old, talk about you can't get pregnant from rape, want to repeal Obamacare but have no alternative for the millions of americans that don't have healthcare..

Let's deconstruct this huge steaming pile of horse dung.
Climate first. The earth is in a cooling cycle due to sunspots. I've heard that activity from the sun may give us a warmer winter this year which is good because -38 wind chill is not fun especially when 12 feet of snow is piled up and you are snowed into your driveway. Yes that happened to me last winter so ask me if I think the world is warming. We had a lot of snowpack in the mountains this year and lots of rain this summer. Your entire statement is sheer hyperbole. No one is denying that climate changes. But any impact on the climate from manmade co2 is minimal at best.
Forbes magazine:

Climate change itself is already in the process of definitively rebutting climate alarmists who think human use of fossil fuels is causing ultimately catastrophic global warming. That is because natural climate cycles have already turned from warming to cooling, global temperatures have already been declining for more than 10 years, and global temperatures will continue to decline for another two decades or more
www.forbes.com...

ok so on to the next thing, people thinking the earth is 10,000 years old. If you are going to cite Christians who believe in the bible, at least bother to get the number right, the number is 6,000. Which by the way I do not believe unless we are on Hindu cosmology timetables.

Can't get a woman preggie from rape... ok that was one guy and he does not represent all, or even most Republicans(or even any really). Can I remind you of the Democrat who said he feared the Island of Guam might tip over and capsize if it began to be overpopulated? Especially endearing is the
So I'm guessing there are some not so smart cookies in the package of the entire Congress both sides.
www.youtube.com...
Repeal Obamacare: absolutely and the faster the better. Alternative? The alternative of what we had before Obamacare is better than what we have now. Millions who don't have health insurance: did you know that millions have lost the insurance they had, and many more simply cannot afford the higher rates now, because Obamacare didn't deliver on the President's promise of lower costs.

edit on 6-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

think the earth isn't warming (Not talking even about man made warming, just they deny that the climate is changing!), think the earth is 10,000 years old, talk about you can't get pregnant from rape, want to repeal Obamacare but have no alternative for the millions of americans that don't have healthcare..

Let's deconstruct this huge steaming pile of horse dung.
Climate first. The earth is in a cooling cycle due to sunspots. I've heard that activity from the sun may give us a warmer winter this year which is good because -38 wind chill is not fun especially when 12 feet of snow is piled up and you are snowed into your driveway. Yes that happened to me last winter so ask me if I think the world is warming. We had a lot of snowpack in the mountains this year and lots of rain this summer. Your entire statement is sheer hyperbole. No one is denying that climate changes. But any impact on the climate from manmade co2 is minimal at best.
Forbes magazine:

Climate change itself is already in the process of definitively rebutting climate alarmists who think human use of fossil fuels is causing ultimately catastrophic global warming. That is because natural climate cycles have already turned from warming to cooling, global temperatures have already been declining for more than 10 years, and global temperatures will continue to decline for another two decades or more
www.forbes.com...

ok so on to the next thing, people thinking the earth is 10,000 years old. If you are going to cite Christians who believe in the bible, at least bother to get the number right, the number is 6,000. Which by the way I do not believe unless we are on Hindu cosmology timetables.

Can't get a woman preggie from rape... ok that was one guy and he does not represent all, or even most Republicans. Can I remind you of the Democrat who said he feared the Island of Guam might tip over and capsize if it began to be overpopulated? Especially endearing is the
So I'm guessing there are some not so smart cookies in the package of the entire Congress both sides.
www.youtube.com...
Repeal Obamacare: absolutely and the faster the better. Alternative? The alternative of what we had before Obamacare is better than what we have now. Millions who don't have health insurance: did you know that millions have lost the insurance they had, and many more simply cannot afford the higher rates now, because Obamacare didn't deliver on the President's promise of lower costs.

You missed the first point entirely. the climate is just changing. The problem is.. that Inhofe...is quoting the bible as his way of refuting or talking about it. This guy is quoting the bible when talking about the environment and the climate. The problem is that he's probably going to be heading an environmental committee. Anyone who loves science or has any brains should be alarmed.

Secondly. The Affordable Health care act. Obama got elected because people wanted Healthcare reform. Repealing that act won't change that. We still want health care reform. Don't repeal healthcare reform because you listen to Rush Limbaugh. change it because that's what real people do. They fix things and make things work. As a military vet, a business owner and a previously elected official. I know that that's what real people do they fix things.

Thirdly, Plenty of Republicans have said and continue to say offensive things about rape. Here's one from this election cycle.

www.motherjones.com...

Fourthly, Many young Earth creationist view — that life was created some 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. That number just varies depending on the source and some if it goes back to quotes that state "...the earth could not be older than 10,000 years old..." etc. So stating that young earth creationists say the earth is only 10,000 years old is a valid statement. You get too caught up in the details. When you're talking 4.5 Billion as compaired to 6-10 thousand ...what difference does 4,000 years make in the big scheme of things? NADA.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

the Progressives need to start fielding and targeting rightist and wishy washy Dems with much better people,

I don't know Spider, the Dems ran Amanda Curtis against Daines when the real Dem opponent for Daines, John Walsh got his butt handed to him over an issue of plagiarism. Amanda is very far left, I mean anarcho-communist with all the Progressive trappings of pro abortion and anti gun, and she lost. So that's what they get for running a radical.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You missed the first point entirely. the climate is just changing. The problem is.. that Inhofe...is quoting the bible as his way of refuting or talking about it.

No I did not. You said Republicans are not even admitting that climate is even changing. That is a completely ridiculous and over generalized statement. I never heard anything about Inhofe. I would prefer a quote rather than your revised version, since you cannot even get the "earth is only 6000 years old" statement correct.
The climate is changing but not because I drive a crossover SUV.
I would never use a MotherJones article as backup.
When talking about such things as science, why would you think that throwing any old number out there won't make a difference? But what do I know. I think accuracy counts for something when you are dismissing people. Im not a young earth creationist. So none of this even applies to me.
Affordable Care Act. Well maybe people did vote for him just because he promised to make their costs go down and that somehow all this stuff was going to streamline our healthcare system and get everyone covered. It hasn't done that and people who already had insurance have lost theirs. It's a failure. If you are a business owner, why don't you understand the ramifications of the 30 hour work week????? Why don't you understand having to pay more for employee coverage????
I want a full repeal because government should stay out of the business of providing health insurance product, the bill is monstrous, there are things in it probably Karl Rove won't even admit to, and I just heard him say last night that at least we need to get rid of the 30 hour work week thing and the individual mandate. So that would help but there's way too much other stuff in there which is too Draconian.

edit on 7-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You missed the first point entirely. the climate is just changing. The problem is.. that Inhofe...is quoting the bible as his way of refuting or talking about it.

No I did not. You said Republicans are not even admitting that climate is even changing. That is a completely ridiculous and over generalized statement. I never heard anything about Inhofe. I would prefer a quote rather than your revised version, since you cannot even get the "earth is only 6000 years old" statement correct.
The climate is changing but not because I drive a crossover SUV.
I would never use a MotherJones article as backup.
When talking about such things as science, why would you think that throwing any old number out there won't make a difference? But what do I know. I think accuracy counts for something when you are dismissing people. Im not a young earth creationist. So none of this even applies to me.
Affordable Care Act. Well maybe people did vote for him just because he promised to make their costs go down and that somehow all this stuff was going to streamline our healthcare system and get everyone covered. It hasn't done that and people who already had insurance have lost theirs. It's a failure. If you are a business owner, why don't you understand the ramifications of the 30 hour work week????? Why don't you understand having to pay more for employee coverage????
I want a full repeal because government should stay out of the business of providing health insurance product, the bill is monstrous, there are things in it probably Karl Rove won't even admit to, and I just heard him say last night that at least we need to get rid of the 30 hour work week thing and the individual mandate. So that would help but there's way too much other stuff in there which is too Draconian.

Hmmm, how to dissect this steaming pile. Not sure, but I'll start.

I know young earth creationists that insist that the earth is around 10,000 years old. I realize that there is a majority that think it's in the 6-6,500 range, but the accepted timeline is less than 10,000 years. Why are you so stuck on this? It's pretty basic stuff.

The environment and the climate. My main point, which you bypass entirely for some unknown reason, is that Inhofe, who will be leading an environmental committee since the republicans gained control of the senate, doesn't really believe in science and that the bible trumps scientific data. That's a problem no? That's a BIG problem.

I'll give you the MotherJones issues, since I lampoon people who use Rush Limbaugh as a source even though he might be citing real data. But again, a quick google search will show the multiple other sources. Not sure how to use google? Just ask, I'll help.

So here's the healthcare conundrum. You're apparently not upset that we spend/have spent hundreds of trillions of dollars on our military, NSA, Wars for colonialism etc and the militarization of our police, the patriot act, Homeland Security and all of that, but you have a problem helping people who are sick. The same people that are going to clog up our emergency rooms and urgent care centers anyway or just die when they need procedures that we just won't give them? Then what about the millions of people that now have healthcare thanks to the affordable care act...just cut them lose again? You're not connecting all the dots.

What's wrong with a 30 hour work week? I would love that.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

hundreds of trillions on the military? I just checked the war clock and it's still under 2 trillion, so you must be doing some of that new Common Core math and that is why I will not take you that seriously.
I don't have a problem helping people who are sick. In fact I'm doing it for a living right at the moment. So there's that. But the issue I have is that many more people have lost their insurance coverage since the start of Obamacare, and many other people have lost their jobs because businesses are cutting down on hiring and cutting people's hours..... and that is what is wrong with the 30 hour work week which you like, but why would you insist on forcing that on others? You don't seem to get that the 30 hour work week is directly linked to Obamacare and it's unwanted by the average worker.
So ask me if I think it's really helping a lot of people? It isn't so don't even bother with the guilt trip.

You never even asked me what I thought about spending on the military and I don't recall telling you. You just put that in there to see if it would stick. I've posted elsewhere that I have always been against these wars. In your mind you seem to think that it has to be an either or sort of thing, it's like the old guns and butter routine.
I will tell you one thing, and that is Constitutionally speaking, the government has a duty to defend our nation, but it is not the duty of government to subsidize health insurance.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

hundreds of trillions on the military? I just checked the war clock and it's still under 2 trillion, so you must be doing some of that new Common Core math and that is why I will not take you that seriously.
I don't have a problem helping people who are sick. In fact I'm doing it for a living right at the moment. So there's that. But the issue I have is that many more people have lost their insurance coverage since the start of Obamacare, and many other people have lost their jobs because businesses are cutting down on hiring and cutting people's hours..... and that is what is wrong with the 30 hour work week which you like, but why would you insist on forcing that on others? You don't seem to get that the 30 hour work week is directly linked to Obamacare and it's unwanted by the average worker.
So ask me if I think it's really helping a lot of people? It isn't so don't even bother with the guilt trip.

You never even asked me what I thought about spending on the military and I don't recall telling you. You just put that in there to see if it would stick. I've posted elsewhere that I have always been against these wars. In your mind you seem to think that it has to be an either or sort of thing, it's like the old guns and butter routine.
I will tell you one thing, and that is Constitutionally speaking, the government has a duty to defend our nation, but it is not the duty of government to subsidize health insurance.

I meant to say billions but you get the point. Still deflecting me. Remember that people with out insurance will still get medical care at hospitals, emergency rooms and urgent cares. I've seen some numbers that hospitals are left with $50 billion in unpaid medical bills annually and 75% of that is paid by the government in some way. Looking at it that way, it's actually cheaper to insure everyone in the country. No comment on the bible and the climate? And the military redirection on my part was to make a point. You seem more upset about ObamaCare than you do about military spending. Why is that?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

Ted Cruz shouldn't even be allowed near his wallet much less anyone elses. The guy nearly crashed the worlds economy just because he wanted to make Obama look bad..

Because he filibustered an out of control President and Democrat Congress? Exaggerate much? Besides it was the Prez who shut down the veterans monuments and national parks in an effort to make the GOP look bad and scare people.
Did you forget that the Democrats under Obama refused to pass a budget for years?
Let's see what the Democrats filibuster.
US News and World Report had this commentary on the shutdown.

Truth be told, Obama and Reid want a shutdown – unless they get everything they want. That means not just the survival of Obamacare but the busting of the spending caps so that the federal spigot can be turned back on and the money can start flowing once again to the constituent groups that are such an important part of the Democrat's electoral coalition. Anyone who doubts this should just look at the way the White House has been handing out waivers on Obamacare and to whom. In the political sense, they're the next best thing to cash.

There are some in the conservative coalition who really do want to force a government shutdown as they see it as the only way, the last gasp if you will, to stop Obamacare before it starts to be implemented. What most of the Washington punditocracy won't tell you is that the White House, Harry Reid and the Democrats want a shutdown just as much if not more They see it as the pathway back to control of the House after the 2014 election, which would allow Obama to finish his term much the same way he started it – with no checks and balances on him whatsoever.
www.usnews.com...

Hey and guess what? Now we have more checks and balances, that is if the RINOs and Progressives in the Republican Party get off their butts and do something.

How is this a quoted reply to me? I never said any of what you quoted.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join