It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Results

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's awfully early but McConnell is being declared the winner in Kentucky; McConnell projected winner as fate of Senate remains unclear

The ever accurate fivethirtyeight shows the senate all but locked in for the GOP, projecting a 52-48 majority.

I'll be sure to keep trying to post updates as the night goes on but most of the pundits are thinking that some results won't be in until a few days as certain races are going to be too close to call.

In other US election news, the US territory of Guam has voted in favor of medical marijuana with just over 66% of the vote.

West Virginia is being called for GOPer Shelley Capito, the first woman to be elected to the senate from West Virginia.

Pete Sessions of Alabama has been called for that senate seat. He was unopposed though, so...that was kinda obvious.

Lindsay Graham is being declared the victor by CNN with a mere 5% of the vote in.

South Carolina has elected its first popularly elected black senator, another GOP win.

Another GOP senate win as Tom Cotton takes Arkansas.

Not sure how much longer I'll be able to edit this post but as of 9:08 PM EST, the Democrats have lost three senate seats to the GOP. That gives the GOP 43 and the Dems 38 with 19 still undecided.

MSNBC is calling the Texas governor race for Greg Abbot (R) over Wendy Davis (D).

The GOP is going to keep the house, likely picking up upwards of a dozen seats.
Meanwhile, the GOP lost the Pennsylvania governorship.

The GOP has picked up South Dakota and Nebraska while the Dems grab New Hampshire. With 17 senate seats still undecided it's 39(D)-44(R).

Wanted to share what RalagaNarHallas shared below:

few various sites to track election
CNN
Election Projection
Fox News
HuffPo
ABC polls
Politico

edit on 4-11-2014 by links234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Re: McConnell. Ridiculously early.

This election stuff and the way they trip over themselves to be first is truly laughable.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is this going to be our official election coverage thread? I always join these.

Anyways, I just got back from my local polling place (North Texas, almost 7pm now here). Probably the longest line I've been in for voting. Had to wait about 45 minutes to vote, but it's worth it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yes, way too early. Gonna be close and most likely a Run/off in Louisiana in December...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
few various sites to track election results glad there is finally an official thread on the matter

www.cnn.com... cnn live updates

www.electionprojection.com... not sure of this sites affiliation edit to add im foolish it says they lean conservative on their banner

www.politico.com... Politico

any one know how many were running unopposed so we can get an idea of what states are out of the running so to speak

edit on 4-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
McConnell is a real politician's politician. I hope Kentucky didn't vote him in. Whatever you think about either party that guy is as Washington as it gets. Corrupt to the core.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
few various sites to track election results glad there is finally an official thread on the matter

www.cnn.com... cnn live updates

www.electionprojection.com... not sure of this sites affiliation

www.politico.com... Politico

any one know how many were running unopposed so we can get an idea of what states are out of the running so to speak

Sessions (R) Alabama I believe. He is the only one I've seen so far.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

The ever accurate fivethirtyeight shows the senate all but locked in for the GOP, projecting a 52-48 majority.

I'll be sure to keep trying to post updates as the night goes on but most of the pundits are thinking that some results won't be in until a few days as certain races are going to be too close to call.

I

Can't get more accurate than that, or locked in...or too close to call either.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I did use some silly adjectives, didn't I?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I imagine it is safe to say John Cornyn of Texas will keep his senate seat.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com... more polls and projections this time from fox

elections.huffingtonpost.com... Huff post

abcnews.go.com... ABC polls and take on the matter

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just saw on MSNBC that the Senate seat in Arkansas (currently held by Mark Pryor, Dem.) is going to the Republicans and also the Governers seat is going to the Reps. to.
edit on 4-11-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Almost any Rep running is going to win in Texas.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I dont get the whole Guam thing.
how is that even an issue?
D.C. is going to get it...and then some...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
McConnell is a real politician's politician. I hope Kentucky didn't vote him in. Whatever you think about either party that guy is as Washington as it gets. Corrupt to the core.

As a resident of Kentucky I agree with you completely but the Dim running was just as corrupt, maybe even more so because of her connections.
However, we did have the opportunity to vote for a third party candidate, last I heard the Libertarian was running at 3%! This despite the fact that Kentucky Educational Television changed their rules in mid-campaign to keep him out of the statewide debate.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
CNN is now projecting the Republicans will take the South Dakota Senate seat.

Reps. now need just a net gain of 3 seats to take the Senate.
edit on 4-11-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ugh! Kay Hagan again? She never responded to any letters or emails about issues. All other politicians I have contacted have, even if I opposed their stand on an issue, but Hagan had to go in my opinion.

Not that I wanted Tillis... I chose the libertarian, if that weren't an option I'd write in "none of the above".

edit on 4-11-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
south Dakota seems to have gone from blue to red according to projections

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Still looks like it's a pretty close race up there in NC.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The Associated Press reports Republican Greg Abbott has defeated Democrat Wendy Davis in the governor's race.

And Houston-area Sen. Dan Patrick is the projected winner for the state's No. 2 job.

From the state election site

counted 483 of 8,453 Precincts 5.71%

So much for elections...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join