It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are white people mutants?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSecret2012
Either way the end result was the same - he took over this new religion.

How? He certainly could influence the patriarchs, but he doesn't seemed to have dictacted dogma. I can see him, for example, ordering bishop so and so to excommunicate one member of the rabble or another, but not actually deciding, for example, whether or not christ had a human nature along with a god nature, or if the eucharist undergoes transubstantiation and the like.

He never, for example, made himself the Patriarch of Constantinople, or Pope (tho there were no popes at the time)

Adding rituals, and the groundwork of what we now call "The Church"

When? I don't doubt that he could've, but what acts did he issue that set it up?

The idea of having nuns, and official priests, cardnials, bishops, pope, and a church heiarchy.

No, constantine did not do this. The structure of the early church was set up in the early christian community, not be the roman emperor. The other stuff I'll grant he could've done, but I'd like to see evidence that he did, but not this.

"Satan" comes from a Middle Eastern word "Shaitan". When the Bible was being translated into English, the "pious" Christian Europeans hated the "heathen" Muslums, Hindus, dark skinned noble savages, on and on.

The bible wasn't translated into english until long after the roman empire was gone, let alone constantine, and I doubt that the english translators had any real concept of who or what hindus and the like were, not to mention that I don't think they'd know what the arab word for 'devil' is and somehow mistranslate it.

Pagan[/url] means not pure, false, fake, not the real thing. Pagan holidays. Paganism.

'Pagan' comes from the latin word for village, 'pagus' thus a pagan was someone from teh village, the rednecks, the hicks, the country folk who still worshipped zeus and thor and the like.

Constitine took over the Christian church, and introduced paganism into it.

There are various paganistic aspects to christianity that have nothing to do with constantine, and apparently holidays like christmas weren't really celebrated, or at least not very popular, until long after him. And what 'easter' are you talking about? The Catholic one or the Orthodox one? If Constantine introduced easter than which one did he introduce?

womanizing, war mongering,

So evangelists and fundamentalists are not christian?

OK, let me be 100% specific. Emperor Constitine is responsible for Rome stopping hunting the followers of Jehushua. Rome is responsible for bringing the idea of Jehushua to Europe.

Ah, ok, i thought that there was some weirdnes going on in the chronological order of the events. I'd say that the above is accurate enough.

He knows what the majority of people in the Middle East look like.

What makes you think this? I would think that, in the byzantine empire, that most people understood that people in the levant were dark skinned, but what do greek orthodox representations of jesus look like compared to, say, british versions?

"Hmmm... do I paint the right skin color that I know is the right color? Or do I paint what the guy paying my salary wants to see, who can have me killed, which means I'll never get to shagg ever again?".

Obviously we cannot know these sort of things for certain, but I see no reason to think that it requires cynical or insidious thinking for a white painter amoung white people to represent their god as a white guy.

In england god is english, in america its the american jesus, and in the coptic church I suspect that people envision him as a copt.

. A construction worker. In the Middle East. For the majority of his life. Working in a loincloth.

I personally have not trouble seeing that jesus, especially since he's 'of the line of david', should look like an actual hebrew, and that actual hebrews look like native israelis and palestinians. Of course, even with in that 'population' there is considerable variation. I just don't think it required rampant racism to result in white europeans having a representation of their christ, their mary, and their god as looking like them.

Similiarly, one does not have to be a racist to have a 'black santa claus', well, at least if one is in fact black.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Okay enough with this I.Q. test mumbo jumbo. Although I will say that most of the inventions have been made by white people.

I find it amusing that a croat would defend the virtue of the white race, but, regardless, why do you think that most modern western inventions were made by modern western people? Because of biology or because of society? I suspect that its largely because of society and culture. I would like to point out however that this shouldn't mean for a moment that these inventions were inevitable, or that the people who made them somehow don't deserve 'credit'.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Think of a gradual migration north, along with the ice ages. Dark skin was a disadvantage because it would not produce Vitamin D from sunlight in the northern conditions. If one could think in terms of natural selection, darker skin peoples suffered rickets, smaller hips that interfered with childbirth. Lighter skinned people among these survived because they produced sufficient Vitamin D under these gradual contions of norther migration. Think of this as a layering process favoring a specifc trait over time. Other characteristics of the Caucasian race if you will, were also a matter of who survived and who didn't within those conditions of climate and social interaction. We should not impose our world view upon studies of how such things actually came to be. On question about mutation, it was not necessarily mutation which can happen under say conditions as infection, it was who survived and passed on what traits under what conditions.

On a side note one may realize how genetically engineered DNA is created, by insertion of genes through a virus and other means. Such events may happen under natural conditions of infection although randomly. White skin is simply a badge of survival under conditions, as dark skin is also an adaptation to conditions. All other things of a negative value are the usual cultural and social delusions.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Okay enough with this I.Q. test mumbo jumbo. Although I will say that most of the inventions have been made by white people.

I find it amusing that a croat would defend the virtue of the white race, but, regardless, why do you think that most modern western inventions were made by modern western people? Because of biology or because of society? I suspect that its largely because of society and culture. I would like to point out however that this shouldn't mean for a moment that these inventions were inevitable, or that the people who made them somehow don't deserve 'credit'.

Why am I not white? I guess I must be something different. Because Europe rulezzz. Trust me I could go on naming alot of inventions that croatians invented

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes, white people are mutants. It's not saying much: who isn't a mutant? It takes at least 20,000 years to "evolve" white skin. Eskimos have not lived where they do for that long.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I find it amusing that a croat would defend the virtue of the white race, .

I am also Croatian, and this is one of the most absurd comments I have ever read.

Alas, everyone! Nygdan has found out the secret of us Croatians. We are not white! Every morning before I leave the house, I get out my clown make up, and put on my 'white' face. We are a secret clan of rebel Africans, who after the Moor invasion of Sicily, drifted Northward on our pontoon boat to Dubrovnik. We settled in the city, with our ongoing agenda of dressing and acting white, to infiltrate European culture; to teach them how to sing and dance. Yes, it is strange that we can run faster, dance better, and generally excel in sports, better than our other European 'brothers'.

But please, keep this secret to yourselves, for once we are found out, the fun times are over. It will be back to the end of the bus for us Croatians.

This is a parody. Do not take seriously.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
They don't call whites Caucasians for nothing, It was at the crossroads of Little Asia that the humans from Africa decided to spread further north/west/east, probably it was people crossing the Caucasian mountain range and slowly inhabiting Europe using the Siberian route, where the white mutation/blue eyes/blond hair got hold. Other groups invaded Europe along the Mediterranean and still Mediterranean people tend to have black hair bronze skin, many middle europeans are a mix of these nordic and mediterranean people meeting up again , creating people with brown hair for instance.

speculation. while blondes have more fun nowadays, It could well be that the first whites were a group a outcasted albino mutations, forced to move to the uncomfortable northern climate to elude clashes with the darker tribes???

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
[quote.

This is a parody. Do not take seriously.

While it is a parody all the points he made are true. The sports stuff anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I started this thread and never intended for it to turn racist. I merely had a thought. Another thought is that as these "white mutants" migrated further away from Africa they got whiter from more inter-breeding and lack of sun. You see this is why certain groups look very similar i.e. slavs. Whether we like to admit we are all part of the human race and are related from a long time ago. Some relations are just more current than others.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures

speculation. while blondes have more fun nowadays, It could well be that the first whites were a group a outcasted albino mutations, forced to move to the uncomfortable northern climate to elude clashes with the darker tribes???

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

This is what I was thinking when I posted are white people mutants? I could see some albinos being outcasted from the tribe forced to go north. As time went on only the smartest, strongest of this new tribe survived. Is it possible that going north and learning to survive in the cold made a smarter group of people? Just imagine if there were no cities could you survive.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW
I've read that skin color of not been primary racial difference, like blood group and bones structure are primary difference in selection of it. For example arabs and indian* are white race, although their skin color is not so white as in northern people.
Skin color everyone consider to be basic characteristic of races, but maybe language groups should be more important because it is somehow more proper. What do you think it is just wild guess for now. Whoever is better in this please post.
*India indian not american Indian

That's why there's no such thing as race, because you really cannot classify people it's to complicated. You have Indians and Arabs who are darker than blacks, yet they are "caucasion" Then you have some "blacks" who are whiter than the average "caucasion" but they are "black". LOL! It makes no sense. There's no such thing as race.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Eh, here's a post I did on the race subject a while ago: Post

Someone may find it interesting... or not. : )

That was a good post you made, I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Why am I not white? I guess I must be something different.

Well, I ws just mucking around, trying to demonstrate that the people that would be at the short end of the egenics stick shouldn't support it much, like that asian kid recently here who thought that stupid people should be eliminated. God he was stupid. Or like this below.

I mean, the Avars certainly ran you slavs ragged, driving you before their horses as expendable fodder infantry. Hell, those asiatics probably trampled more croats to death than they ever managed to take down themselves. But I'm sure that there wouldn't be anyone that wouldn't want to include slavs amoung the 'proper' european stock, cuz the 'master race' sure would be welcoming of a people who couldn't stop albanians from taking over the balkans right? Or the turks not so long ago?

Alas, everyone! Nygdan has found out the secret of us Croatians.

As I am trying to illustrate, rather clumsily, there are certainly people who would not accept croats or any slavs into any sort of european eugenic/hygenic system. Its ironic I find really, sort of like the serbs geting all nazi like recently. They'd've been exterminated along with the 'untermensch' Rus and gypsys. So when someone starts talking about racial virtues, well, it doesn't take much to know that it very quickly backfires.

It will be back to the end of the bus for us Croatians.

Come on, half the us is still choking over the term 'bosnia-herzogovina' argck! See? So no one's going to figure out croatia, or that there are actually a people called the croats.
Well, heck, I wouldn't be surprised if most slavs didn't know who the Avars were nowadays either tho.

They don't call whites Caucasians for nothing, It was at the crossroads of Little Asia that the humans from Africa decided to spread further north/west/east

No real reason to think this, nothing in the archaeology indicates it, and I've never heard of any genetics that support it either.

croat56
\While it is a parody all the points he made are true. The sports stuff anyway

Ah man, I used to know an albanian moslem who used to say the same sorts of things, 'sgreat. Isn't nationalism fun!

growling lion
I could see some albinos being outcasted from the tribe forced to go north.

Thing is, albinos have no pigment, seems unlikely that a population of people who 'breed true' for albinism would just happened to re-develop melanin production systems. Besides, there's not much reason to think that all european peoples are more closely related to one another than other 'non europeans'.

Is it possible that going north and learning to survive in the cold made a smarter group of people?

Why? Grog see bunny rabbit, grog smash bunnyrabit. Brr, grog cold, oh grog make bunny rabbit hat, ahh, now grog warm.
Don't think it would require more intelligence than living anywhere else really.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeLowUIdontevenknowu
I think the "we all came from Africa" theory is a bunch of crap. Why would anyone want to leave a beautiful fruitful garden of eden like enviorment travel over the countless miles of desert and keep going north into a colder enviorment that their skin was too dark to keep warm in?

I see it the other way around... maybe we all started in CHINA ... there are Billions of people in that part of the world. Some people would have traveled north, south, east, and west. From China one could go any direction. Each "clan" would have developed their own unique traits depending on which direction that they went.

The Africa theory says that everyone traveled north in small groups. That means that their was one major group and then every so often a small group would break away and travel north...well that would mean that we all would have similar traits since each group that left africa would have been a part of the major group.

I just think that it makes more sense for humanity to desire to be in a warm green climate. Not to leave one and go walk through a desert. who would do that???

Intersting. I think they would have to leave once the place where they were became too overcrowded and food supply was not enough to feed everyone which could be one reason why Africa is so depleted of certain food resources but rich with non food resources. Plus, just the natural curiosity of humans to want to explore the other parts of the world, once they traveled so far, they were too tired to make it back since all travel was on foot so they just made a home where ever they landed.

[edit on 1/25/2005 by Leading Lady]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION

What do you mean by this? What needs to be explained?

What evidence refutes the terrestrial origin in the first place? And what qualities or criteria are rejecting multiple aliens and accepting merely one?

i have heard of no facts that can bridege the gap between neanderthal man and civilized (civilization building - sapiens sapiens). That is the explanation i refer to.

No real evidence for either other than logic.
Humans do not fit with the natural order of earth...
what did Agent Smith say to Morpheus?
ahh...
something regarding us as a virus that spreads and destroys....
sometimes i believe i see that....
not to mention we as a race are unsatisfied (spiritually - perhaps) HeRe

not to mention we are unique in our evlution in terms of mentally (right? im not sure as i cannot interpret animal consciousness)

this gives me a logical conclusion that we aint from around here.

no, u say? explain?

and not to mention how the egyptian society was so advanced that our top minds cannot comprehend its techniques (ie pyramid construction) etc.

one of tghe earliest know civ.s

LOL! If we aren't from earth, why do we turn to dirt again after death? Why does dead skin become dust or dirt? LOL!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
I believe that whites and blacks (i hate using these terms as I feel they are derogatory to both those with light and dark skin) are completely different strains, not mutations.I have nothing to base this on, but I do sense a difference - not saying whites are better than blacks (or vice versa) just different.

LOL How are they different? Whites and blacks are exactly the same inside, it's only the outward appearence that's different and even that is like less than 1% of the genes makes up skin color.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Look, there is only one race, the human race, and were all in it together whether you like that or not.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
yeah, they moved north and the negroids couldnt survive up here as well as caucasoids, similar in china, etc. so they kinda evolved into caucasians, survival of the fittest (black skin sux up north, along with some other adaptations, like brain size etc)

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
keep in mind such intelligence stats are for groups not individuals so dont go discriminating against people you know that are black , etc. just because black people are on average less intelligent. that doesnt mean that the person is. too many people make that mistake. bloody bad racists.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I mean, the Avars certainly ran you slavs ragged, driving you before their horses as expendable fodder infantry. Hell, those asiatics probably trampled more croats to death than they ever managed to take down themselves. But I'm sure that there wouldn't be anyone that wouldn't want to include slavs amoung the 'proper' european stock, cuz the 'master race' sure would be welcoming of a people who couldn't stop albanians from taking over the balkans right? Or the turks not so long ago?

Alas, everyone! Nygdan has found out the secret of us Croatians.

As I am trying to illustrate, rather clumsily, there are certainly people who would not accept croats or any slavs into any sort of european eugenic/hygenic system. Its ironic I find really, sort of like the serbs geting all nazi like recently. They'd've been exterminated along with the 'untermensch' Rus and gypsys. So when someone starts talking about racial virtues, well, it doesn't take much to know that it very quickly backfires.

didn't know who the Avars were nowadays either tho.

[Ah man, I used to know an albanian moslem who used to say the same sorts of things, 'sgreat. Isn't nationalism fun!

-Don't think it would require more intelligence than living anywhere else really.

That stuff is crap. If it wasnt for us all of Europe would be muslim right now. Youre right I dont know what Avars are. Im ashamed of myself. Ive never heard of any good albanian sports player. They're national soccer team sucks. Actually I think it might require more intelligence to survive then the rest of the world. Think about it they had to live through an ICE AGE. They had to learn to survive Freazing tempuratures by making warm cloathing and had to learn how to take down wooly mamoths. If that doesnt make you smarter I dont know what does.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join