It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Just in time for Halloween, the Satanic Temple is pushing Orlando-area public schools to distribute a Beelzebub-oriented coloring book to the kiddies, who already get Bibles from a local megachurch and conservative lobby group. The crazy thing is, the Satanists have made a pretty decent coloring book.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

Halloween special : satanist colorbook !
The full book is available in PDF here

Happy Halloween.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
from the article

For their part, the Satanists say if there's religious heart-changin' going on in public schools, all religious heart-changers should get an equal shot at the sheep:

^^^i agree with them on this.

i can tell you if my child came home with the bible and this coloring book, the bible would be 'filed away' with the rest of the garbage and the 64 pack of crayola with the built in sharpener would be out and we'd be doing some coloring

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Hey umm... Nobody presses religion in public school. I think satanists make a big fuss about nothing. Just mind games.

That's just weird op. Good thread though

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

Hey umm... Nobody presses religion in public school. I think satanists make a big fuss about nothing. Just mind games.

That's just weird op. Good thread though

i didnt say they did.

the article did say this came after bibles were passed out...

id much rather my kid have the coloring book.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The Bible would be on the shelf with the others and the coloring book would be in the trash just like the Jehovah's Witness tracts that get stuffed in my door.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the Beelzebub Blue?
I'm coloring Satan's eyes.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Some of the most decent people I've known were self proclaimed Satanists.
Some of the most evil people I've known proclaimed themselves Christians.
I call bunk on the whole bunch.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Fair enough. Yeah I mean screw it. Strange conundrum I'm in not wanting satanists passing out literature to my son but not really agreeing with bibles being passed out.

I think it should be left to the individual communities discretion. I view bible study on campus after hours, along with a bunch of mini bibles being passed out as harmless personally. Satanist literature? Probably harmless but that stuff creeps me out. No thanks. Just my two cents.

Remove the federal government from the equation and satanists have no crutch to stand on so to speak. Or maybe some communities would welcome satanism? Idk. Free country. You could just move if you don't like bibles or necronomicons being passed out to your kiddies.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It kind of made me lol a bit
I think it's cute!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I cant say I disagree with them on their logic.

I hope it doesnt suck as well as being about, like, Satan and stuff.

Oh well, its valid.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This was in direct opposition to Florida schools allowing bible giveaways to kids. Yes, you heard that right Islamaphobes, American schools do not forbid Christianity like your anti islam narratives would like to suggest.

That's the beauty of America, unconditional fairness. I don't like it, but I'm against forbidding it.

AAC

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
I view bible study on campus after hours, along with a bunch of mini bibles being passed out as harmless personally. Satanist literature? Probably harmless but that stuff creeps me out. No thanks. Just my two cents.

i get what you are saying...just dont agree.

the bibles and christianity is what creeps me out

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I cant say I disagree with them on their logic.

i feel the same.

im kind of making light of it...
in all honesty i dont want anyone passing literature out to my kid....

i guess they try to get em young.....

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think they should have the right and I wouldn't be upset if it was my kids.

I know this next sentence isn't quite right but it is my first and most peoples first perceptions of Satanism. Why would your religion be build around the guy that loses in the Bible? Why not pick a totally different religion. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why do poor goats have to get dragged into this kerfluffle? Goats are cool critters and anyone that doesn't agree can go F@@@ themselves with a water hose.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

i wouldnt go so far as to say i would be upset...just dont want any group trying to get at my kid...

my reaction would depend on their age.....
if they are still young enough to be coloring then yeah, i would pitch the bible and we would color.

if they were in their teens and they came home with a bible and wanted to read it then its on them....

im not going to force my child away from religion(although i hope they dont get involved) but i am certainly not going to introduce it either...

as to your question about picking the side that loses in the bible...

didnt jesus lose in the bible as well?
i mean getting nailed up onto a cross does not sound like my idea of a win
edit on 31-10-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't see satanists worse than any other wacko group trying to push their idea on kids. I don't' know why you are singling them out.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Satanism shouldn't be regarded as the cult of evil, ancient traditional pagan cults fell into that order as well and there is nothing wrong with them.
The problem is often related to the execution of rituals ...
You would be shocked if your local pastor gets charges for cannibalism incitations after he gave the church presumably the flesh of the Christ.
I think the book itself is more a form irony than a true attempt to destabilize the young kids.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Well without getting too theosophical, Americans always love an underdog

Nah. It's all a bunch of malarkey. Just remember the next time you find yourself taking satanism seriously, their was Crowley. Same for Christianity. My favorite reference for that particular foible is The Munster Rebellion
edit on 31-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I know this next sentence isn't quite right but it is my first and most peoples first perceptions of Satanism. Why would your religion be build around the guy that loses in the Bible? Why not pick a totally different religion. Just saying.

To Satanists it's not a matter of power but rather a matter of message. God wants you to worship him and do as he says, if you don't you're punished in the afterlife with purgatory. Satanism is all about looking after yourself, fulfilling your own goals, and making yourself happy without being a slave to a higher power.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join