It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Made a Coloring Book for Public Schoolkids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is what the group creating and supplying the comic books hold to be true:

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS.

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

The Satanic Temple - The Seven Tenets

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Oh for real? That is profound. Forgive me for hopping on the freight train to hell for thinking people like you are part of the problem. My .02 take it or leave it. Thank you for your factoid though I appreciate an open discussion
edit on 31-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Why do they call themselves Satanist and associateththemselves with cliche symbols that Goths and memos associate " Satan" with.. I think its hilarious they even use the word beelzebub that's a Christian name. These guys need to do a little more research. ... th shock factor is overrated and played out
edit on 31-10-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I lol'd at cerberus. What is cerberus dreaming of? Flowers and sun shine apparently.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

History of School Shootings in the United States 1700s The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indian entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only two children surviv[/exnew

www.k12academics.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Why do they call themselves Satanist and associateththemselves with cliche symbols that Goths and memos associate " Satan" with.. I think its hilarious they even use the word beelzebub that's a Christian name. These guys need to do a little more research. ... th shock factor is overrated and played out

Perhaps you should research Theistc Satanism and find out what real Satanism is.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Cool. Now all the Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and atheist parents can all swap their nonsense.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amtracer
Cool. Now all the Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and atheist parents can all swap their nonsense.

You forgot satanists/Illuminati

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

originally posted by: amtracer

You forgot satanists/Illuminati

Why are Satanists and Illuminati conjoined in your mind?

And, follow-up, which Satanists? LaVeyans, Setians, Luciferians, Theistic ... ?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I
I know this next sentence isn't quite right but it is my first and most peoples first perceptions of Satanism. Why would your religion be build around the guy that loses in the Bible? Why not pick a totally different religion. Just saying.

This is where you have to be able to differentiate between theistic Satanism where they actually worship the Christian Devil because he had the stones to oppose their version of god and something like LaVeyan Satanism which is actually an agnostic/atheistic philosophy more so than an actual religion. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. In LaVeyan Satanism, the individual is viewed as the equivalent of Nietsche's Über Mensch.

In LaVeyan Satanism we believe that satan, just like god, Zeus, Thor or any other supposed deity is merely a myth. Its more about self deification or self empowerment. Honestly, I find that the moral outlook is far more solid than anything preached by the Abrahamic religions.

The Nine Satanic Statements
Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.
Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years.[29]

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm young children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.[30][31]
The Nine Satanic Sins
In 1987, Anton LaVey has stated that followers of LaVeyan Satanism should avoid the following actions, calling them the "Nine Satanic Sins".[32]

Stupidity
Pretentiousness
Solipsism
Self-deceit
Herd Conformity
Lack of Perspective
Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
Counterproductive Pride
Lack of Aesthetics[33]

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Anton LeVay should not be taken seriously in any form of legitimate Satanism.

He just wanted an excuse to have orgies.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I suppose that depends on what one considers "legitimate" Satanism. By that do you mean Theistic Satanism? Though honestly, when you get right down to brass tacks, each of the many various versions of Satanism, whether they be theistic or philosophical, feels that their own outlook is THE end all be all just like any other religion thinks they are the one true form or their deity is the only true version. For me, it was the philosophical outlook LaVey wrote about not his motivations. However, despite most peoples drastic misconceptions, Orgies aren't part and parcel with LaVeyan Satanism and while they did sometimes occur, it was not common let alone the norm. Sexual rituals and free form orgies were much more Crowley's domain. LaVey started his COS in '66 at the height of hippiedom and free love, when they occurred it was a sign of the times not an aspect endorsed or espoused by the Church or LaVey. In fact, LaVey viewed those who were attracted to his Church with the misunderstanding that it was rife with weekly orgies as losers.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: amazing

Well without getting too theosophical, Americans always love an underdog

Nah. It's all a bunch of malarkey. Just remember the next time you find yourself taking satanism seriously, their was Crowley. Same for Christianity. My favorite reference for that particular foible is The Munster Rebellion

Crowley wasn't a Satanist. I'm not a fan of his, just stating a fact.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Satan is a Christian name, too. Duh.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Don't forget how many Christians are cheering Halloween tonight.

Let's not associate Samhain with Satanism.Let the fundamentalist Christians spread that lie. Samhain means "summer's end" and is a pagan festival of Celtic origins. It had zero to do with Satan. Because the Celts believed that days began at sundown, our October 31st eve is the start of their November 1. Therefore, Samhain is celebrated on November 1, not October 31. Hallowe'en is a perversion of the Samhain festival.

Now, back to discussing the Satanists' coloring book. Christians should expect this if they want to bring religion into the schools.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

originally posted by: amazing
Why would your religion be build around the guy that loses in the Bible? Why not pick a totally different religion. Just saying.

Satan is rebellion, intelligence, anti-religion, anti-god.

If Satan is rebellion that's kind of OK .But if he is intelligence ,anti religion and anti god he has got my vote for world leader . Can you even begin to imagine a leader that would not tolerate religious differences . Well there would be none as anti god would stamp those differences out . But the intelligence thing worries me ,what would we do with all the politicians .

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Satan is a Christian name, too. Duh.

Thanks for adding on to my point cptn obvious!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

This isn't about Satanism vs Christianity its satanism vs all religions
Let's not associate Samhain with Satanism.Let the fundamentalist Christians spread that lie. Samhain means "summer's end" and is a pagan festival of Celtic origins. It had zero to do with Satan. Because the Celts believed that days began at sundown, our October 31st eve is the start of their November 1. Therefore, Samhain is celebrated on November 1, not October 31. Hallowe'en is a perversion of the Samhain festival.

Now, back to discussing the Satanists' coloring book. Christians should expect this if they want to bring religion into the schools.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Better yet Satanic coloring books for adults...more age appropriate.

Why are we even having this discussion?
It's because we have no cultural values in America any more.
We're on the slippery slope and our butt has hit the ground and we're bouncing headlong towards the bottom.
But of course we're going to blame it on politics. There has to be a scapegoat. After all, we can't be made to be responsible for our own behavior. It's a tough pill to swallow I know.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

This isn't about Satanism vs Christianity its satanism vs all religions

You have accidentally added a first sentence to my post that I did not write. My post began with, "Let's not associate..."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join