It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge May Declassify Marijuana as Schedule I on Halloween

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For the past week there has been a buzz in Sacramento, CA. In a rare testimonial hearing for the scheduling of marijuana as one of the most dangerous drugs with no medical use, experts in the field of prescribing marijuana went head to head with testimony from one of George W. Bush's advisors. This groundbreaking hearing may be the foot in the door of rescheduling marijuana. The definition of Schedule I drugs is in question if marijuana actually falls into this classification. Read more at Yahoo or follow the daily reports from CANORML

Happy Trick or Treating

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
HI any links for details would be appreciated....(T&C demands a source anyways)
The Mary Jane lobby grows stronger all the time.....
It is an abject case of how the supposedly democratic government has again failed to respond the the demands of those governed by them.......Much more bull# from the government and they will lie themselves into superfluity.......
Then well just ignore them altogether....

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The words Yahoo and CANORML are links...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Crazy as it may sound this issue will be remembered as the "high" water mark
of the Obama presidency. The issue that has common ground for left and right.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
sorry no coffee yet.....missed yer links entirely.....
there is one link in the Monitor article that bears on this too.....
www.csmonitor.com...

The law is an ass.......that goes for government too......

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"Is that the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown?"

"Nah, it's just my dad lighting up"

So you're saying that a ruling will come down tomorrow (Halloween)? Would such a ruling remove the plant from schedule one, or would that just be a first or third step? Signed, Confused in Karachi
edit on 30-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The case in Colorado is something completely seperate.

Here's a few more specific links.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

THis is the last morning of testimony then Judge Mueller will decide if Marijuana Prohibition violates the 4th amendment.
edit on 30102014 by ChefSlug because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Puhlease, NORML is the biggest sham. They haven't done anything.

This country is so hopeless. What gives them the right to tell us what we can and can't do with our bodies? I'm sure this judge has a medical prescription. Washington DC has a medical program, while criminalizing millions of people across the country. They do nothing, it's all pipe dreams and we get the smoke they blow out.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The entire drug schedueling system is unconstitutional. The govt has no right to restrict the use of any substance no matter how "dangerous". If we would enforce the laws when real crimes are committed rather than trying to prevent them with regulation, maybe we would be a more responsible nation.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Cigarettes and alcohol are legal. They kill. Weed doesn't kill anybody. It's illegal. Tired of this hypocrisy.

People smoke in the White House, a citizen smokes they have to be locked up.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I expect this kind of hypocrisy from the govt, what gets me are the tight-assed fools that look down their noses at weed smokers, like their all a bunch of degenerates. The smartest and most respectfull people I know smoke weed like a chimney.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's a complete farce and we should be over throwing the government for causing the problems that have been a result of this drug war, gangs, prisons, Mexico, South America, and worst of all the police state.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is what the governments Harvard witness said:

Prof. Madra Defends US position

defending her contention that marijuana has not met the rigorous standards of FDA approval required of other pharmaceutical drugs

She's defending this mess:

CDC overdose facts

Of the 22,114 deaths relating to pharmaceutical overdose in 2012, 16,007 (72%) involved opioid analgesics (also called opioid pain relievers or prescription painkillers), and 6,524 (30%) involved benzodiazepines.6 (Some deaths include more than one type of drug.)

In 2011, about 1.4 million ED visits involved the nonmedical use of pharmaceuticals. Among those ED visits, 501,207 visits were related to anti-anxiety and insomnia medications, and 420,040 visits were related to opioid analgesics.2

Benzodiazepines are frequently found among people treated in EDs for misusing or abusing drugs.2 People who died of drug overdoses often had a combination of benzodiazepines and opioid analgesics in their bodies.6

Yea, its not a pill, get over it. You smoke it, Wah cry me a river...

Only a million percent safer than a pill, who'd a thunk it...

new topics

top topics

join