It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I don't know if it's been mentioned but it strikes me that each time before bad news breaks, the CDC announces some new protocol or strategy they will put in place.

Like yesterday they announced that people coming from the affected regions (like this doc) will automatically be monitored for 21 days. Then this. It takes the sting out a bit...controls the narrative or backlash to a degree.

Just like before the second Dallas nurse infection was announced, they said they were going to monitor all the Duncan HCWs. But it was widely reported on this forum and others that another was already sick.

There is another example but it escapes me at the moment.

I do a version of this sometimes with my five year old.

I know he is going to whine and complain while getting family pictures taken so I pack a bag of goodies. I don't let him know how many goodies I have, or what they are. After every few shots that the photographer takes, out comes a prize from the bag. I do this so he will be quiet and do what the photographer and I tell him to do. Photoshoots require a LOT of distraction to keep a 5 year old from complaining.

Imagine how much distraction an entire nation requires to keep them from complaining about a potential pandemic?
edit on 23-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

cab ride to the bowling alley. Not good.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

trying to locate everyone that ws in the taxi or at the bowling alley (those are just a few that we know of) will be next to impossible.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: tadaman

That thought just crossed my mind.

Did he have his own bowling ball and bowling shoes or did he rent them?

Feet sweat and so do your hands. If he didn't have his own toys for his night out, how many people used either after he did?

the possibilities of infection is endless with this DR.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

That's tons of people. Not only that but anything they might've exchanged like money has to be taken into consideration.

I read his girlfriend has been quarantined.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I also seen there are others with possible Ebola that are waiting on testing. This could spread very fast. I wonder if Africa will stop the flights from USA if we have an epidemic? I am sure they will!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Not necessarily.
We dont even know if its Ebola yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
my source is from Dennis Michael Lynch (DML) is an award winning entrepreneur, acclaimed filmmaker and public speaker. DMLdaily.com, Twitter @DennisMLynch. Dennis alos has announced that he will be running in the 2016 presidential elections. I do believe he is an incredible source. I am still trying to find something in the news media.

Are you native advertising?

No, just had to reveal my source. Good catch.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Goodnight Records just sent out the message that "Unfortunately our CMJ show is canceled tonight as The Gutter can't open because of "Unforseen circumstances."" The Gutter is a bowling alley in Williamsburg that is not Brooklyn Bowl, and which matches the description related ot the ebola scare happening in NYC right now.

This is a very popular, very crowded place on most nights.

www.brooklynvegan.com...

I was just over there. The entire place is sealed off. People are freaking out. I don't know if I am going to be seeing any shows here for a while guys. Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2014 7:06 PM

edit on 23-10-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Sounds the alarm!

originally posted by: Biotech2024

originally posted by: stardust22
Great thread, s & f. If it starts spreading throughout NY, we're all screwed...

They have 8 days to find anyone he may have had contact with the day before he self quarantined.

I worry about neurotic intellectuals who go to West Africa to help but end up with a psychosis. With psychosis a false sense of retribution may develop where said individual infects as many people as possible before seeking medical help.

It seems you were right.

edit on 23-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia

Goodnight Records just sent out the message that "Unfortunately our CMJ show is canceled tonight as The Gutter can't open because of "Unforseen circumstances."" The Gutter is a bowling alley in Williamsburg that is not Brooklyn Bowl, and which matches the description related ot the ebola scare happening in NYC right now.

This is a very popular, very crowded place on most nights.

www.brooklynvegan.com...

I am sure with him being a young single DR he hung out at the best of places. Lets hope the night he was there it wasn't crowded.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I totally agree!

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: wwe9112
This Ebola thing has been blown way out of proportion. People, more people die from Aides every year than Ebola; yet no one is wearing a rubber when having sex but all of a sudden -- run a fever -- and everyone goes nuts. More people die from the flue every year -- no one covers their mouth when they cough. There is over 6 billion people on this planet; a few thousand with a disease that only kills a fraction of what other diseases do and the world goes in an uproar.

I hear the flu arguement all the time, but the flu doesn't have a 70-90% kill rate.

Comparing the flu to Ebola is apples and oranges. I've survived lots of flu in my life, but I don't think at my age I have a prayer of surviving Ebola. I would however survive another bout of flu and wouldn't be at all surprised if I get it again, even with having the flu shot.

As for comparing Ebola with AIDS, that doesn't hold water anymore either, with proper medication AIDS patients have been living up to 20 years after diagnosis and very very very few die quickly anymore. The kill rate for AIDS has dropped through the floor. The kill rate for Ebola is frequently 90%.

BTW,

He was suffering from Ebola-like symptoms — a 103-degree fever and nausea, sources said. While he was in Africa, the doctor had been treating Ebola patients in Guinea, sources said.

This was in the NY Post 30 minutes ago. See posts above this one for links

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia

I was just over there. The entire place is sealed off. People are freaking out. I don't know if I am going to be seeing any shows here for a while guys. Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2014 7:06 PM

Sounds like you found the correct bowling alley. I'm still in disbelief that he would visit any of these places until he knew he was safe or out of his 21 day period. This is unacceptable from a Dr.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

I really want to get out of Brooklyn right now.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I didn't realize you were in Brooklyn!!! I think you need to take a 10 day vacation away from there too or at least be extra cautious until we know more. I was hoping that it did not reach New York due to crowded population.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
My sister works at an animal hospital and they have had difficulty procuring IV fluids. Their supplier says that the federal government has been buying massive amounts of them.
I don't think they are telling us everything.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

As yet, the only one I have heard of is North Korea.

North Korea to ban foreign tourists due to Ebola concerns:

li nk

edit on 23-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You know it, my gf's family and I are headed up north. People for the most part are same old over here. I'm way south of Williamsburg but it's no excuse to stay.

Better safe than sorry. Taking a car helps too. No public transit, tolls in exact change, no transactions. Gas stops to a minimum with gloves and alcohol (like it helps against this lol) and no food/bathroom stops.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

As yet, the only one I have heard of is North Korea.

li nk

This is bad when North Korea will close their borders to protect their citizens when the USA wont! Great find. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know how you feel. I live in east london, a lot of west africans live around here. A woman in my building has a relative in ghana with Ebola. I heard her talking about it down the coridoor at the end of last week... right before the "calm mongering" began is when i started bugging out. This case in NY highlights the fact that you should never underestimate human stupidity, and never over estimate the governments ability to govern... Ever... We live in a society where money is king... People are very fickle because of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join