It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am just absolutely disgusted.

I remember six or eight weeks ago when it was first diagnosed in Nigeria that they were all like - "This is a worst case scenario, it is now in a major population center!"

But let it come to New York, a month after Duncan, no flights stopped, two health care workers infected and it's like - "Oh, no worries, we got this."

This is simply surreal.

I'm sick of the hocus pocus reports of infections, changing data on: contagiousness, infectiousness, when someone is symptomatic, convenient CDC protocol recommendations, accusations of fear-mongering, magically healed patients a week later - and MOST OF ALL - information management instead of crisis management.
edit on 10/23/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bug out mode initiated.
Get yourselves gloves. Wear them often and always.
Face masks and goggles in public transport recommended until this virus dies out! You can and will survive in the cities if you keep yourselves sufficiently protected. Panick is useless. Going out in the right gear and preparing is best thing you can do. If you live or work in a public building, go around handing out rubber gloves etc and put signs up on walls and door about using gloves at all times in the public areas to defend yourselves against ebola contamination (dont expect anyone else, the government or any "authorities" to take this initiative! YOU MUST do it for yourselves!) Avoid using lifts and busy escalators etc without googles and face masks. Dont touch anything out there wth your bare hands and dont touch your bare face with your gloves.

a reply to: whoreallyknows

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
His GF and everyone he was in close contact with will go poof, like Duncan's family.

This is not good Friends...not good at all.

Damn piss poor President won't stop flights. If he had stopped flights 2 weeks ago. NY wouldn't have this case of bowling ebola now. Damn him...he's going to go down as the worst President in history.

I can see the Dem, politicians up for re election in 12 days, cringing about now.

Damn, I hope this Dr. didn't expose a lot of random people in his arrogance and stupidity.

Des

sounds like just a few of the places he was at last night has the potential to effect a lot of people. I wonder if the OPOTUS will even consider closing the borders now. I am sure he will wait for the advise of his Czar.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yea, the CDC has this Ebola virus under control.

Here's a doctor who was treating Ebola patients decides when he arrives in the U.S. to go and have fun for a night on the town. In the mean time possibly passing on a deadly virus to unknowing victims. Really? The CDC still isn't tracking U.S. doctors and other health care workers who are treating Ebola patients in Africa?

There's no excuse, this doctor should have known better! There should have been strict enforcement of all health care worker arriving back on U.S. soil to be immediately subjected to a 30 day quarantine. I can just imagine the people who were in the same locations as this doctor are now concerned for themselves and their families that they could be a carrier of this deadly virus.

This CDC and this doctor's actions after returning home is simply negligent and dangerous.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
a reply to: RunForTheHills

At least he had the presence of mind to quarantine himself.

Was that before or after he took a cab to go bowling?

second line

(For a doctor, we have another idiot!)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
www.cnn.com...

He tested positive.

I hope none of the patients he treated recently were exposed. Or anyone else in the crowded city.

Oh crap.

Here we go again. Any bets on where they'll send him? Nebraska has a bed open now. Emory has two full and Maryland one full. Then there's always Missoula. Surely they won't leave him in NYC. All we need is ebola medical waste washing up on the Jersey shore.

ETA: WHEN are they going to start quarantining these healthcare workers BEFORE they go back home?

Wonder if Dr Brantly will be flying to NY now to donate blood.
edit on 10/23/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Remember Nina Pham's boyfriend was admitted to the hospital in Texas and quarantined as well.

Not one word has been said about him. Not one peep

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

But but but, people on here keep saying it's almost impossible to catch ebola. According to the ats experts it's as hard to catch as AIDS so unless you were sharing needles or sex organs with the good doctor you should be fine. Seems legit

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

At least he had the presence of mind to quarantine himself.

Was that before or after he took a cab to go bowling?

second line

(For a doctor, we have another idiot!)

I think it was after. He wanted to spread the love around before he knew he had to check in. "rolls eyes" You would think as a DR he would have some common sense. I hope no one loses their life because of him being an idiot!.

+5 more 
link   
So...he was magically not infectious/contagious last night while out on the town - but he's carted off with a 103 degree fever by hazmat suited officials today?

Okey dokey!

link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
a reply to: Biotech2024

trying to locate everyone that ws in the taxi or at the bowling alley (those are just a few that we know of) will be next to impossible.

Don't forget the other places he may have gone to, not to mention mode of transport.

He may have taken the subway. Or bus. Or car.

He may have gone to Walmart, a few restaurants, a gas station or two.

The possibilities are endless. Wouldn't it be nice if the CDC would publish a list of all places (as many as can be remembered) each patient has been to since falling ill so that the public would be aware if they are at risk?

That would be too simple.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
... - and MOST OF ALL - information management instead of crisis management.

Times 1000.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I live right next door (NJ) This seems so surreal. My boyfriend thinks that I am infected with fearbola, lol, He is very critical of anyone who is overly concerned about this. I constantly tell him that some people are pro -active and others constantly Reactive. He falls in the latter category. Prevention is better than having to cure in this case. I don't understand how he can't grasp the simple concept that extreme caution, concern and preventative measures is what will keep this thing from getting out of hand. If The sh!ht hits the fan here in the U.S, Imagine how much harder it will be trying to help diminish this at the source in africa.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
according to the article he felt "out of sorts" on tuesday..was running around to the bowling alley and such on wed, wakes up this morning with 103 temp........what the HELL was he thinking??????

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

a reply to: Biotech2024

trying to locate everyone that ws in the taxi or at the bowling alley (those are just a few that we know of) will be next to impossible.

Don't forget the other places he may have gone to, not to mention mode of transport.

He may have taken the subway. Or bus. Or car.

He may have gone to Walmart, a few restaurants, a gas station or two.

The possibilities are endless. Wouldn't it be nice if the CDC would publish a list of all places (as many as can be remembered) each patient has been to since falling ill so that the public would be aware if they are at risk?

That would be too simple.

But didn't the president say you couldn't catch it on a bus! But he forgot to warn us about bowling alleys, taxi's walmart..etc. Also they announced anyone returning from the affected areas were to be in quarantine for 21 days.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper and an expert are actually saying it's unreasonable to request a brave health care worker who valiantly volunteers their skills to battle the disease in W. Africa to quarantine themselves for 21 more days upon coming home.

Really?

Do they want to battle it here too?

I think they would have a 21 day supply of free beer and pizza from everyone in the U.S. if they freaking did.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

As yet, the only one I have heard of is North Korea.

li nk

This is bad when North Korea will close their borders to protect their citizens when the USA wont! Great find. Thanks for sharing.

I never thought I'd see the day when Kim Jung Il would use more common sense than our own elected officials. Gmab. I wish the President, Senate and Congress would DO SOMETHING NOW.

Like no international traffic in and out of the U.S. Not just for West Africa. No planes, buses, trains, car or on foot. All borders, inc. northern and southern.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: BlueAjah

www.cnn.com...

He tested positive.

I hope none of the patients he treated recently were exposed. Or anyone else in the crowded city.

Oh crap.

Here we go again. Any bets on where they'll send him? Nebraska has a bed open now. Emory has two full and Maryland one full. Then there's always Missoula. Surely they won't leave him in NYC. All we need is ebola medical waste washing up on the Jersey shore.

ETA: WHEN are they going to start quarantining these healthcare workers BEFORE they go back home?

Wonder if Dr Brantly will be flying to NY now to donate blood.

Poor Brantley, giving all his blood away. Let someone else donate for a change.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Anderson Cooper and an expert are actually saying it's unreasonable to request a brave health care worker who valiantly volunteers their skills to battle the disease in W. Africa to quarantine themselves for 21 more days upon coming home.

Really?

The seriously said this? Holy holy they've lost the plot. They should be quarantined BEFORE coming home. This is freaking nuts.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ive heard rumours, but unlike Ebola i dont think you can catch AIDS by simply sharing a toilet seat, which is exactly what many of us have to do with potentially hundreds of others on a daily basis...
a reply to: hogstooth

Eta: how do we defend against that one!?

Every public toilet should have a sign above it with instructions on how to decontaminate the toilet seat and flush handle before and after it being used. Next to each toilet should be a box with enough decontamination wipes to last a day as well as decontamination spray to be applied before using the wipes. If a public toilet doesnt meet these standards they should be closed down during a pandemic.

edit on 23-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join