It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
From the link earlier:

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley, and then took a taxi home.

www.nytimes.com...

He took the freaking subway!?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
From the link earlier:

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley, and then took a taxi home.

www.nytimes.com...

Oh god.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Anderson Cooper and an expert are actually saying it's unreasonable to request a brave health care worker who valiantly volunteers their skills to battle the disease in W. Africa to quarantine themselves for 21 more days upon coming home.

Really?

The seriously said this? Holy holy they've lost the plot. They should be quarantined BEFORE coming home. This is freaking nuts.

Yes, because "no one will want to volunteer". The brave health care workers are scared of being inconvenienced.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

If not for ATS we may not know it even existed.

Had a conversation with a young lady in line at the grocery store the other day. I asked what she thought about Ebola. She said she hadn't heard of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

We took our daughter to the clinic yesterday and they asked us, after apologizing for having to do so, if any (and yes, I confirmed she meant all of us, not just our daughter) were having any the following symptoms:

Fever
Severe headache
Joint and muscle aches
Chills
Weakness
Nausea and/or vomiting
Diarrhea
Red eyes
Raised rash
Chest pain and cough
Stomach pain

We got the same question each time we spoke with someone at a computer terminal, the receptionist, the doctor, and again at checkout.

Kind of makes me wonder what happens if you answer "yes."

I'm from Central NY, just a few hundred miles north of NYC. A few days ago I passed a dentist's office in town and they had a sign in the window with pretty much the same symptoms as those on your list.

If it gets any closer I'm going to bug out.

I'm in Eastern PA, about a half hour from Pittsburgh. My doctor referred me to a dentist here in town since I couldn't find one to take my insurance when I moved here. I went in after seeing him today to make an appointment and there, smack on the door, EBOOOOOOLA!!! In black and white, "Have you travelled to Africa recently, do you have these symptoms? blah, blah, blah, Please let the receptionist know immediately!"

Me, I would call 911 from my cell phone to reduce risking more people being infected, but that's just me.

link   
NYC will activate it's emergency operations center in Brooklyn in order to track down anyone who came in contact with the doc - because he did not self-quarantine.

per CNN

+4 more 
link   

Anderson Cooper and an expert are actually saying it's unreasonable to request a brave health care worker who valiantly volunteers their skills to battle the disease in W. Africa to quarantine themselves for 21 more days upon coming home.

Really?

Do they want to battle it here too?

I think they would have a 21 day supply of free beer and pizza from everyone in the U.S. if they freaking did.

Anderson Cooper has just made one of the dumbest statements that I have heard! I think I have heard it all now! Maybe the DRs coming back from Africa should hang out with him for 21 days and see if it see if he changes his mind.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
This is true. We had no trouble obtaining Ringer's last winter. By early summer, McKesson was "out of stock" due to a shortage. I didn't connect it to Ebola until this fall, after I read comments on ats about the scarcity. The government reminds me of a tricksy wealthy woman who buys all of the petit fours at the bakery, leaving nothing but crumbs for everyone else. Only in this case, a bag of RL could mean life or death.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

From the link earlier:

www.nytimes.com...

Well, that's just dandy. A subway car packed with people like sardines. What a fine way to start an actual pandemic.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am a Lic Vet Tech currently not working & I had been
wondering over the past month or so if there was going
to be a shortage of fluids. I wish I had some in my ER bag!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
My sister works at an animal hospital and they have had difficulty procuring IV fluids. Their supplier says that the federal government has been buying massive amounts of them.
I don't think they are telling us everything.

price jumped 10 fold.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

Iv fluid is not so hard to make.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

That's just morally corrupt, IMHO.

I know, I know, "Capitalism".

But that's exactly what's wrong with health care now.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

If not for ATS we may not know it even existed.

Had a conversation with a young lady in line at the grocery store the other day. I asked what she thought about Ebola. She said she hadn't heard of them.

I'm not surprised, a lot of people in my small home town haven't heard of it either.
A lot of people tell me they do not listen to the news because it is too depressing for them.
I can't help from thinking they are like mushrooms.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Gupta (who tweeted at NY0 a week ago, they're friends) just nonchalantly said over the phone on CNN that the doctor went to the hospital several days ago with symptoms and was sent away.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Don't panic!

FDA updates on saline drug shortage

[10/16/2014] In response to the ongoing shortage of 0.9% sodium chloride injection (normal saline), B. Braun Medical Inc. of Bethlehem, Pa., will temporarily distribute normal saline in the United States from its manufacturing facility in Germany. FDA is temporarily exercising its discretion regarding the distribution of B. Braun’s saline product from Germany, in addition to Baxter’s saline product from Spain and Fresenius Kabi’s saline product from Norway, to help address this critical shortage, which poses a serious threat to patients.
FDA inspected B. Braun’s facility in Melsungen, Germany where its normal saline product is made to ensure the facility currently meets FDA standards. FDA asks that health care professionals contact B. Braun directly to obtain the product.

In addition to this source of normal saline as well as B.Braun’s normal saline that is manufactured in the U.S. , FDA will continue working with Baxter Healthcare Corp., Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC., and Hospira Inc. while they continue distributing their respective saline products and seek to restore their supply of normal saline for U.S. hospitals and health clinics.

While the shipments described above continue to help reduce current disruptions, they will not resolve the current shortage of 0.9% sodium chloride injection. Preventing drug shortages is a top priority for the FDA, and we are doing everything within our authority to alleviate this and other drug shortages. [From FDA]

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Get out!

You cannot be serious?

Either it's not accurate or it is? Surely Gupta is not so stupid as to joke about that?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
Gupta (who tweeted at NY0 a week ago, they're friends) just nonchalantly said over the phone on CNN that the doctor went to the hospital several days ago with symptoms and was sent away.

Is our officials trying to spread Ebola. If not they are complete idiots. So now we may have a case where this DR has been spreading Ebola for a week! I am at loss for words.

link   

originally posted by: JG1993

Wait...Is this Dallas? No, this is New York City. Is it happening all over again?

link   
That Gupta thing better be a joke.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join