It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been mentioned but it strikes me that each time before bad news breaks, the CDC announces some new protocol or strategy they will put in place.

Like yesterday they announced that people coming from the affected regions (like this doc) will automatically be monitored for 21 days. Then this. It takes the sting out a bit...controls the narrative or backlash to a degree.

Just like before the second Dallas nurse infection was announced, they said they were going to monitor all the Duncan HCWs. But it was widely reported on this forum and others that another was already sick.

There is another example but it escapes me at the moment.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just saw it on skynews. Another mess with this guy. He's been places in those 10 days for sure but what gets me is he knew he had a chance of getting infected but he still went about his daily business as if saying 'I am fine, I havn't got anything wrong with me' .... well, now he has the symptoms. Also, how come he wasn't asked to stay 21 days in Hospital?

A New York hospital is testing a doctor who has returned from West Africa with "Ebola-like" symptoms, says the city's health department.

The patient at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan is a healthcare worker who came back to the US within the past 21 days, it said.

Test results for the doctor, who has a 103-degree (39.4C) fever and gastrointestinal symptoms, are expected by Thursday evening.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: FlyersFan

CNN Story on the NYC Possible Ebola Case - 12 minutes ago

The law enforcement official said the doctor was out in public. Authorities also quarantined his girlfriend, with whom he was spending time since his return from Africa.

The doctor began feeling sluggish a couple of days ago, but it wasn't until Thursday, when he developed 103-degree fever, that he contacted Doctors Without Borders, the official said.

He felt sluggish a couple of days ago? Then went bowling? And who knows where else he went, and how (car, subway, etc). This is not good.

He went by Uber cab to the bowling alley. What the heck is an Uber cab?

It's a ride-sharing company based in San Francisco. Here's an excerpt from the Wikipedia article about this company:

Uber (/-bɚ/) is a ridesharing service based in San Francisco. The company uses a smartphone application to connect passengers with drivers of vehicles for hire.[1] Customers use the app to request rides and track their reserved vehicle's location.[2] As of September 16, 2014, the service was available in 45 countries and more than 100 cities worldwide, and was valued at more than US$15 billion.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Hopefully they will be able to trace the cab.....it's driver and all passengers who rode in it since the patient did.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

So he's an Ebola hipster? LOL!

Is it true that he first told authorities that he self-quarantined and it was later discovered that he did not?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Uber taxi = ride sharing ???
My face just can't help smiling at the absurdity of it all.
Hyell, why didn't he also call a dating service while he's at it...Ebola sharing supreme!

It just gets more ridiculous every day...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I don't know if it's been mentioned but it strikes me that each time before bad news breaks, the CDC announces some new protocol or strategy they will put in place.

Like yesterday they announced that people coming from the affected regions (like this doc) will automatically be monitored for 21 days. Then this. It takes the sting out a bit...controls the narrative or backlash to a degree.

Just like before the second Dallas nurse infection was announced, they said they were going to monitor all the Duncan HCWs. But it was widely reported on this forum and others that another was already sick.

There is another example but it escapes me at the moment.

Its just like the Federal Reserve, before bad economic news comes out, I'm serious. They hammer gold and silver, to make the dollar appear better. Smart economists throughout time know gold is not just a "safe haven" as parroted to death on the MSM, it is really a barometer of the current world currency. If gold and silver get out of control to the upside, the dollar will die.

Anyway, you're right, I'm sure this strategy is part of some kind of damage control/crisis playbook, attempt to appear to be in control before events are made public which could undermine one's control.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's been rather quiet for the last 5 days. Looks like things are getting ready to break out again.

Here's another one.

State monitoring N.O. area man for signs of Ebola

State health officials are monitoring a New Orleans area man for signs of the deadly Ebola virus, a Department of Health and Hospitals spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.

The federal Centers for Disease Control alerted the state to the individual who had just returned from a visit to an Ebola affected country, said DHH communications director Olivia Watkins

source

and then there is this about the girlfriend of the doctor in NY

Health officials say girlfriend of doctor being tested for Ebola in New York has been quarantined as precaution - @NBCNews

edit on 23-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Thanks for bringing that to light for us MrLimpet!

Another doctor. Well this is probably good news (for us). Only those who have come into close contact with the disease during the later stages of infection seem to show up with symtpoms here in the west. And those people are usually doctors who have sense enough to keep themselves in isolation when they feel symptoms of an infection coming on. a reply to: MrLimpet

Those include nausea and a 103-degree fever, sources said.

Preliminary results of tests don

Yeah, I don't know about that. I just heard they were taking this case seriously because he was not in self-quarantine. He was out in public and was also around his girlfriend.

So much for being a smart doctor...

exactly....Craig Spencer, who recently returned from disease-wracked West African country Guinea, hit the lanes in Williamsburg and used Uber taxis to get around, sources said.

The shocking revelation that Spencer was roaming around town — after first telling authorities he self-quarantined himself — emerged after the 33-year-old medic was hauled off to Bellevue Hospital in a protective suit with symptoms of the deadly disease.
edit on 23-10-2014 by research100 because: erased duplicate sentence

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

So he's an Ebola hipster? LOL!

Is it true that he first told authorities that he self-quarantined and it was later discovered that he did not?

This appears to be the case:

The Harlem doctor who was rushed to a hospital Thursday with suspected Ebola symptoms had gone bowling in Brooklyn the night before. Craig Spencer, who recently returned from disease-wracked West African country Guinea, hit the lanes in Williamsburg and used Uber taxis to get around, sources said. The shocking revelation that Spencer was roaming around town — after first telling authorities he self-quarantined himself — emerged after the 33-year-old medic was hauled off to Bellevue Hospital in a protective suit with symptoms of the deadly disease.

www.nydailynews.com...

This is unbelievable. I don't know what else to say.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

We were thinking the same thing, weren't we???!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starling

Uber taxi = ride sharing ???
My face just can't help smiling at the absurdity of it all.
Hyell, why didn't he also call a dating service while he's at it...Ebola sharing supreme!

It just gets more ridiculous every day...

I agree this is getting ridiculous. As a physician he should have known better, just like Nancy Snyderman.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune yes, we were thinking the same...this does not bode well.....at all.....I am going to go play some solitaire.....don't want to hang in the ebola threads too much...I'll be back later

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Great thread, s & f. If it starts spreading throughout NY, we're all screwed...

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Ok, what the hell. Here is a medically trained person going out immediately after coming from Africa. He even goes bowling and uses a bunch of taxis. WTF. Did he rent bowling shoes too? I mean come on. Even I would know of the dangers of where I just was.

This is why I say STOP going to Africa. They are only giving comfort to sick people. Its not like they are curing people.

Call me cold hearted but this man probably killed a couple of people now at home. Really responsible doc. I am sure it was all worth it so you can add this "adventure" to your resume. Did anyone you "helped" not die? Because I am pretty sure some people will die at home in a best case scenario ....worst case....he just killed hundreds...

There was a member saying how they were considering going to Africa to "help". Please take notice of this you noble adventure seeker. Dont come back.....

Stop it. You arent "noble" for coming home to kill us from your "helping" Africa.

edit on 10 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stardust22
Great thread, s & f. If it starts spreading throughout NY, we're all screwed...

They have 8 days to find anyone he may have had contact with the day before he self quarantined.

I worry about neurotic intellectuals who go to West Africa to help but end up with a psychosis. With psychosis a false sense of retribution may develop where said individual infects as many people as possible before seeking medical help.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stardust22

Well, there will be a certain sad irony if a hipster brings down NY.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I just played golf with a buddy whose wife is the head of a part of a hospital in south florida. I asked him if her hospital was preparing and he said she is under strict orders to not share anything with anyone including him. So it sounds like not only is the media covering things up but the healthcare system is under strict rules regarding ebola.

This is just retarded how they are going about it.

It's like the 2yr old and the game that - when he shuts his eyes, I can't see him.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

That thought just crossed my mind.

Did he have his own bowling ball and bowling shoes or did he rent them?

Feet sweat and so do your hands. If he didn't have his own toys for his night out, how many people used either after he did?

edit on 23-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

psychosis

Too early to diagnose imho.

edit on 23-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Concessions & restroom?

Wonder how he will feel if other people become
infected, especially his girlfriend?

Cheers
Ektar

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join