It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi was murdered three years ago. This is Libya now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And who might be giving these figures for the US ? Have checked how creditable they are. Most stats now and days from the US are so untrust worthy and flase its funny. 99% thats unlikey even for the US maybe in the 50s

Like the stat the says we are now in recovery. HA
Like the stat that says unemployment is dropping. HA

And like Krazyshot said, litteracy means nothing. Our country is very litterate and look how many wars we started and fought in and how many soviergn nations we have destroyed.

edit on 24-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: MGaddafi

The literacy rate was not higher...the highest Libya ever was was 95%. USA is 99%. He also did not pay the Libyan people. You do know he had BILLIONS of dollars hidden in accounts and cash all over the world right? He had siphoned almost 80 billion dollars away from Libyan people. You are ignorant.

99% literacy rate? Where did you get that number? This source says it's about 76% AND that it hasn't changed in over ten years.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thats exactly why I said maybe in the 50s. I applaud your lack of laziness to find the info I couldnt.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yes and apparently, even now, Libya's literacy rate is higher at 89.5%.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Still higher than the US and there is constant bombing runs and tribal attacks. Thats saying something truly

I love my country and I dont want anyone to get the wrong idea about my opinions.
Like Thomas Jefferson said "The hate of ones govt should not lead one to hate their country" And I stand by this motto.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wow, your source is the huffington post. good on you sir.

A real source

United States 99% 99% 99% age 15 and over can read and write (2003 est.)[1]

Another Source

The United States has many competitive private and public institutions of higher education. According to prominent international rankings, 13 or 15 American colleges and universities are ranked among the top 20 in the world.[414][415] There are also local community colleges with generally more open admission policies, shorter academic programs, and lower tuition. Of Americans 25 and older, 84.6% graduated from high school, 52.6% attended some college, 27.2% earned a bachelor's degree, and 9.6% earned graduate degrees.[416] The basic literacy rate is approximately 99%.[141][417] The United Nations assigns the United States an Education Index of 0.97, tying it for 12th in the world.[418]

And yet another source if you don't like Wiki:

Yet another source

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Hah, and did you see what your source said about USA?

From your source:

Source: CIA World Factbook - Unless otherwise noted, information in this page is accurate as of August 23, 2014

What does that say about the USA?

Hey, look at that:

Country 1979 1999 2003
United States 97 97 99

99%....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Only all he did was confirm what I said...sorry brah. In fact, it looks like he intended to find a lower literacy rate for the USA. When you google "Literacy, USA" all links point to the 99% number.

However if you search for "USA has a low literacy rate" you get his huffington post article, however if you go to the links that blogger used as his source:

Source
Source
Source

You see that the 99% number is accurate and the blogger misread the papers.

The blogger on Huffington post did not account for those with cognitive disabilities (about 27 Million in the USA) who are excluded from literacy numbers officially. A good chunk of those are unable to read.

Another group of people who are excluded are those who's language barrier is too great, which is another 4 million people. Literacy in the USA is based on English. Those who are not English speakers are excluded from the official numbers.
edit on 24-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The literacy rate was LOWER in the 50's...About 12% of the population could not read or write, mainly due to the lack of education for African and Native Americans.

Source

However if you actually believe that 1 in 4 american's can't read or write, then that explains how you are so delusional about Gadaffi.
edit on 24-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

lol the huffington post? so when Gaddaif was in Charge huffington claimed it was 76% and now after the peace loving bombs its at 89%? somehow i am starting to doubt that source.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I wouldnt trust the two sources as i can clearer see they are used for an agenda.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Im just wondering who gathered these stats ? How reliable are their past studies ? Who pays them for these studies ?
These are questions that must be asked when looking at the litteracy rate for the US. If everything has been twisted and manipulated, then why not these figures ?
One must not look blindy at statistics or studies and blindly accept the outcomes with no effort to studiy to subject your self. Take your own opinions with your research applied.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Right, so because the stats disagree with you, the stats were manipulated. Got it. Good one. Almost as delusional as Gadaffi himself.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This has to be one of the weirder threads I've seen on ATS. A lot of Gaddafi was actually a good guy just misunderstood and Libya was awesome!

Arab spring. No mention of the Arab spring protests, uprisings, civil wars, and rebellions going through the middle east?

The people of Libya overthrew Gaddafi and killed him on the street and killed most of his family, that's how great he really was.

Libya has had a civil war rebellion and overthrown the government and leader but of course everything was great and it's all America's fault. Sounds like some kind of alternate reality and history on this thread.

Gaddafi was actually a megalomaniac pedophile psychopath despot. And I'm not being mean to poor old Muammar it's true. He was also quite insane in the later years as can be seen at his famous UN address.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Im sorry I dont blindly assume things without research.
If Gaddafi was a monster and an evil dictator that most think then I would agree he should have been taken out, but his policies and programs elevated the Libyan peoples higher than they had ever been. Look where they lie with out him.
Seems to me he made a number of significant improvements to his country.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Some of that may be true but the fact of the matter is Libya has had a civil war and rebellion, the government and Gaddafi have been overthrown and now Gadaffi his dead, killed Mussolini style in the streets by his own people.

Obviously if any country has a civil war and the government and leader are overthrown you're probably not going to end up with a stable democracy after a couple of weeks.

Who is responsible for Libya now? The Libyan people I suppose and they have their own destiny in their hands. There is no going back.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

He was only overthrown because he was ready to accept the african dinar.
Nato and the west could not have this so they paid rebels to invade, same tactic as Isis. The people of Libya loved him. The man who killed Muammar wasnt even Libyian. It wasnt his people that killed him. There was protest going on before the Nato bombing against western powers invading. They didnt want our democracy or currency.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I don't believe it was a civil war at all.
Most of the rebels were put in there by the west.
My video...earlier in the thread...proves the UK and France had already planned war games as early as October 2010.
They also lied about his threat to killing his own people which brought on the no fly zone.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

Ah someone who doesnt completely buy into the MSM. I applaud your research.
edit on 28-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join