It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi was murdered three years ago. This is Libya now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Gaddafi was murdered close to three years ago, on October 20 2011.

Under Gaddafi, Libya was a prosperous and stable state. Its people were healthy, well educated, and enjoyed some of the best living standards in Africa. Its Human Development Index was the highest in Africa at the time, and even surpassed many other countries of the world:

Libya enjoyed free healthcare, free education and free medical supplies. The state embarked on campaigns to provide housing for all people, and even constructed a 'man-made river' which supplied water to key areas suffering from droughts and water crises.

While not everything was perfect under Gaddafi, there is no doubt that the overall condition of the country, under his leadership, was looking pretty well compared to other states.

Now?

Now, Libya is currently experiencing another civil war, three years after freedom and democracy were intended to be implemented. Radical Islamic terrorists control the capital city, Tripoli, and other key towns such as Benghazi. Islamic Emirates have been declared, Western states have evacuated its foreign diplomats, and two separate governments currently vie for control of the country. Egypt, Qatar and the UAE have all conducted military engagements inside the country, supporting one group or another. Pro-Gaddafi forces still fight for the ideologies and government once in control.

Libya is essentially a failing state, if it isn't already one.

Libya is screwed.

Once a wealthy and moderately healthy state, Libya is now no more than a radical Islamist's playground. Three years after Gaddafi's death, the democracy and freedoms of which were promised, are yet to fully arrive, and may never do so.

References:

www.theguardian.com...
www.britannica.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.water-technology.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-10-2014 by daaskapital because: sp/links

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
But hey least they are "free"

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Thought I would add a visual…

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Completely agenda based campaign. I don't know why he was killed or whom ordered the killing but the facts are facts; gaddafi helped Africa until the Americans came and made it worse. To see Obama speak at the Africa summit makes me sick

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thought I would add a visual…

Yesh,

The people hated him so much that he could drive around with the top down in public.

Not even the pope can do that.

And a US president? not a chance.

Yeah, he was hated so much.

Peace

+50 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

I can tell you exactly why.

The Gold Dinar

Gaddafi was going to convert and ONLY trade oil for gold.

~Tenth

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I fail to the see the issue, both America and Britain brought freedom and democracy to Libya, I plan on going there on holiday with my family next year to see the wonderful progress we have made.

I honestly cannot wait to meet the people we liberated, I just hope they appreciate this wondrous gift we have given them.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Uhhh... unless you are Libyan or have a death wish I wouldn't go...Seriously.. it IS a failed state and it has extremists running amok ... DON"T even consider going if your from a western country,
edit on 21-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Uhhh... unless you are Libyan or have a death wish I wouldn't go...Seriously.. it IS a failed state and it has extremists running amok ... DON"T even consider going if your from a western country,

I think he was being sarcastic

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good ol' wacky gadaffi.

He used to be my avatar. When the US started lighting up Libya in the press, I knew it was the beginning of the end. He was my favourite dictator by far, and it's too bad what happened to the people in that country.

The people are always left in the crosshairs after the despotic leaders are disposed of. As far as the best rule of a nation, they say it comes from an enlightened despot, while gadaffi wasn't exactly "enlightened", he did do more for his people than "peace and democracy" could ever achieve.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

There's no more need for outcry.

How is it possible to think that the sufferings of the earth aren't on purpose. Do you really think that this world couldn't band themselves together and fix our issues. If the world leaders really are who the masses think, and they're looking for a better world for us all; Then we truly have the most incompetent group of children running the show possible.

No, the issues that happen are carefully crafted by the will of whichever wise king truly rules this earth. If the leaders were supposed to bring peace by their deeds, they're wise and competent enough to do so. It's not happening.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Good ol' wacky gadaffi.

He used to be my avatar. When the US started lighting up Libya in the press, I knew it was the beginning of the end. He was my favourite dictator by far, and it's too bad what happened to the people in that country.

The people are always left in the crosshairs after the despotic leaders are disposed of. As far as the best rule of a nation, they say it comes from an enlightened despot, while gadaffi wasn't exactly "enlightened", he did do more for his people than "peace and democracy" could ever achieve.

I remember the avatar. It was one of my favorites.

I also remember "Curmudgeon"

Peace

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: gorsestar

I can tell you exactly why.

The Gold Dinar

That was the straw that broke the CIA's back. He could have kept running his mouth at the UN and shaking his fist at the US all day long until he tried to break the stranglehold of the good ole' USD. For that he and thousands of his countrymen were murdered. Our open support of Islamic radicals was never more blatant either. Why the public didn't raise holy hell over helping the guys who supposedly carried out 9/11 is beyond me.

edit on 21-10-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

S&F

Same could be said for Iraq

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think whole midd-east "liberating" movement has been about getting those rich asss natural resources and to build new military bases closer to Russia and China, to me its obvious our dear leaders dun care about peace and freedoms but world domination, thats the new age BS, they are already advancing to "next step of mankind evolution" by trying to dominate whole world and then they can move on to liberate whole humanity from their freedoms and rights. We are just cattle to them and we are too many to hold on by laws and what not, they gonna need some insurances over the population of earth, things like mind-police and all that sh1t, thats their new age world. But according to history, like every dam time they trying the same sh1t with different styles, physical slavery, mental slavery all them work for while until ppl got too brave and fight back but now we going trough all the sh1t same time, while its the same sh1t ppl seem to be like cattle without bars but still happy to stay in slaughter house.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well not only are they free now but they're enjoying the benefits of Americanization.....

He cared about his citizens, their health, their freedoms. He went against the Beast and paid with his life, his reputation. Gaddafi's body was shown like a bloody rag doll for all the world to see (and rulers owned but shunning TPTB) that if you dare stand up and create a happy population you will become another example.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Same with Saddam 3 weeks after stating that he was going to sell his oil in Euro`s he got the shock and awe of democracy.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You gave some very compelling reasons to strip the Nobel Peace Prize from Obama.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

But they got a centralized banking system in return.....and lost....
(should be was not is)
-There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
-There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.
-Having a home considered a human right in Libya.
-All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
-Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.
-Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.
-If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.
-If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.
-The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
-Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.
-If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.
-A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
-A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.
-40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.
-25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.
-Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

Link
edit on -05:00pmTue, 21 Oct 2014 12:45:39 -0500pm1020144521PM10 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on -05:00pmTue, 21 Oct 2014 12:52:11 -0500pm1020145221PM10 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Hey now you're also forgetting the Nike stores, McDonald's and vaccination programs

Gaddafi-era Libya wasn't perfect but it was much more preferable to this mess we live in.

TPTB also poisoned Libya's prehistoric, underground water reserves. Gaddafi wanted to provide free water for living/irrigation purposes to his people but they irradiated the water.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join