It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishm

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

i can assume he wasn't thinking or that little girl would still be alive.

and if he WAS thinking, then he needs to find a different job that doesn't put him in such a position ever again.

I wasn't there either. Reportedly, he saw movement and reportedly, the grandma on the couch reached to protect the little girl.

In the OP link…

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What in my post was an attempt at humor in any way? I was being dead serious. Why in the world would police be raiding your house with flash bangs and a shoot first mentality if you actually called them?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18562073]bigman88[/ I CAN'T IMAGINE SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPOENING TO ME I WOULD HUNT DOWN ALL INVOLVED AND GO BIBLICAL ON THEM AND THEN FACE MY GOOD LORDS WRAITH. THESE CAMERA GLORY FOOLS AND THIS STUPID RATING HUNGRY NETWORK CAUSED THE WHOLE THING

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

What in my post was an attempt at humor in any way? I was being dead serious. Why in the world would police be raiding your house with flash bangs and a shoot first mentality if you actually called them?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

perhaps you should be asking the police that question.
edit on 21-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
First off I am deeply saddened by this tragic event. A child should never have their life cut short.

I understand why people are blaming the SWAT team here and rightfully so. But full scale the blame is on the stupidity of the american people. 100's of millions of just plain stupid people. There is a reason we have the police state the way it is. It's all of these stupid people that ruin it for the smart one's like myself. (By smart I mean not putting myself at risk or my families at risk because of illegal activity).

Did you read the article? They had nothing to do with the activities of the target.

You don't have to do anything illegal to get a swat team at your door.

Yes I did but you are misunderstanding me. I understand why they are angry at the SWAT team and rightfully so as you stated. My point is the "stupid" people have caused these men to have itchy trigger fingers.

I'm talking big picture. It only takes one bad experience to ruin it for everyone. One bad guy to open fire on police and then they are on edge. Police have to be trained and unfortunately if someone does make a move whether it's just natural or in self defense they jump to the conclusion that they could be grabbing for a weapon. And it goes the same way for the people because of how the bad cops have treated the people. All in all it's a bad situation for everyone.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What do any of those links have to do with my question to you? Do you honestly believe if you call the cops that chances are they are going to shoot you or one of your family members?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

The OP made it sound like the did not have a warrant for this address, when in fact they did, and the suspect was found at the address where the little Jones girl was shot.

No, they did not.

You are not doing your cause any favors by furthering inaccuracies or false hoods.

Without warning, officers simultaneously attempted to breach entrances of two discrete living units of the duplex: the suspects’ location and the neighboring residence. What occurred at 4054 Lillibridge — where the suspect did NOT live — would be devastating.

The shooter lived upstairs. Duplex is used for rental purposes and mailing, but this wasn't an well-to-do-suburbian duplex.

One of the major deceptions permeating the coverage of this case was the notion that Aiyana lived in the same residence as the subject of the search warrant. This was plainly false, as the building was a duplex with separate units, not connected internally whatsoever.

Not connected internally? OK..let's do a little reality check...Google Street View of the "Duplex" at 4054 Lillibridge..

www.google.com...

If you've ever seen a duplex you'd know that they consist of two separate living units with two separate addresses. They had a warrant for one unit but attacked both. It's being argued by the attorney for the family that the police decided they would need a warrant for the second unit after the attack and murder took place.

Again..."Duplex" simply means two separate, rentable, units...the shooter lived upstairs, see above.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What do any of those links have to do with my question to you? Do you honestly believe if you call the cops that chances are they are going to shoot you or one of your family members?

those links demonstrate that whether its MY family or not, families are being scarred by the exact same people they rely on to protect them. in other words, our security system is busted and needs replacing.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

Maybe its time to do away with no knock raids? I do understand that the police are trying to take down some very bad people and don't want to give them time to grab weapons. But the potential for disaster is too high a price for ordinary people. They took down the criminal with no problem. He got to live I see,but for this little girl? Yeah,this has gone too far.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

What am I wrong about? According to the information I've seen they had a warrant for the incorrect unit and attacked both. They had a warrant for the lower unit but the suspect lived in the upstairs unit. And the suspect was captured in the upstairs unit.

Mertilla Jones testified that Owens lived in the upper unit with her daughter, LaKrystal Sanders. Police found Owens in the upstairs flat and he was arrested.

Source

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong though. He was found in the upstairs flat, the unit they should have had a warrant for but didn't. Keep in mind this is a duplex with one unit on top and one on bottom. This is not two side by side units.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

i can assume he wasn't thinking or that little girl would still be alive.

and if he WAS thinking, then he needs to find a different job that doesn't put him in such a position ever again.

I wasn't there either. Reportedly, he saw movement and reportedly, the grandma on the couch reached to protect the little girl.

In the OP link…

the fact that the man surrendered without a fight indicates that there was a somewhat low probability of serious conflict. which means all the guns and flash grenades were more for the testosterone than for actual practicality, particularly given that the ONLY casualty was a kid.

unnecessary, every inch of it. "Lets pretend to be badasses" yeah, and kill a kid in the process. i hope they have nightmares about it for the rest of their lives.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

This point is confusing...a duplex is side-by-side as we see this one is. I don't see any external stairway. So was this a separate unit from the ground floor or not?

Maybe just not visible ... or Google Maps is off?

If the duplex was truly converted to having 3 units then I can see how one would be unsure of where to look. So just wait it out...right?

EDIT: I didn't consider that one of the front facing doors lead directly to a stairwell. I guess that's the layout here. Even so ... wait it out rather go in guns blazing!

edit on 10/21/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

A duplex can be either a side by side or an up and down. I've lived in an up and down duplex which was two separate residences.

The way this duplex seems to be, based on all the sources I've looked at is an up and down. The left side door leads directly into the lower unit. The right side door leads to the stairs to the upper unit. There does not appear to be any external stairs for the upper unit.

Where the confusion could be coming from is the legality of a search warrant for a duplex with two separate residences. I'm not a legal expert nor do I pretend to be and I've yet to find any clear answer. So perhaps someone with legal knowledge could help clear up how such a warrant works. Obviously, to me, if the attorney for the family is making the legal argument there must be some legal basis.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Somebody should have been all over it..a child was killed, unfortunatly those 2 were the ones.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well then it's ok his child was killed.

Yeah, gimme some of that ol' time religion, where we punish people for the sins of their parents.

I mean, how dare she live with criminals! Clearly the 7 year old girl was asking to be shot in the head by having been born into such circumstances.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Americans aren't banding together and shooting the cops that do this. We either do that or take our buggering in quiet submission.

That's all there is to it - none of us is brave enough to stand up to the people who we pay to protect us, but who actually murder us.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Here is a excerpt from the Huffington Post.

"He was swinging his weapon to point toward the couch, Weekley testified, when Aiyana's grandmother, Mertilla Jones -- who had been sleeping on the couch with the girl -- smacked his weapon, an MP5 submachine gun, with her hand, causing him to pull the trigger. The bullet struck and killed Aiyana.

At the time, Weekley said, he didn't even realize he had fired his gun, thinking the shot had been fired by someone else. His lawyer later described it as a tragic accident."

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

If I was rudely awoken from sleeping on my couch, overwhelmed by noise, light and smoke, only to find to someone with a loaded gun pointed at me, I would likely try to push it away as well.

This wasn't a tragic mistake - it was a tragic murder.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If this behavior isn't quelled very quickly with very broad sweeping changes, there is without doubt, a revolution coming. Enough is enough.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If I were a member of this family I might want to see this cop suffer an "unfortunate" accident sometime in the future.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join