It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishm

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

It's very simple really, identify a threat before using lethal force.

Simple enough in training, for sure.

In law enforcement, you're not allowed to make mistakes that cost the lives of innocents. (In a real world)

Tell that to the little girl. These guys weren't "enforcing the law", by the way. They were assaulting a position.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

We don't blend in as well in the darkness as people like to joke, you know.

I wasn't joking. Something I think people aren't giving much thought too. Theres a reason why these "assault teams" dress in black.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Selective quotations much?
I can't even debate with you, it's like a Yak Bak that skips the important parts.

edit on 21-10-2014 by 0bservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would love to hear the 5 jury members state how they came to the realization that this guy was innocent...

The prosecutor here made a great point...

Prosecutor Rob Moran again poked holes in the police narrative. If Mertilla Jones grabbed for Weekley’s gun, as the officer alleged, then why did it take hours for police to place her in handcuffs, he asked. Wouldn’t police detain and arrest her immediately?

RIP little girl...

Seeing as the prosecutors can go after a 3rd trial I would hope they would... Justice needs to be served...
edit on 21-10-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thats about all the responce I can muster..If a cop involved in this type of incident doesn't quit after such an incident in disgust he is clearly a peice of sh#t and should go kill himself..too much..nah.

info added..now im not 100% sure about this..I will leave my original comment up because I felt it and said it.. but might be a bit over the top and wrong.
There were several mistrials in this case so nothing cut and dry..I doubt the grandmother grabbed for the gun though and a little girl shouldn't have died..screw EVERYONE responcible.
edit on 21-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So now I have had more time to read over this.

I found this info online:

Chauncey Owens, who was the boyfriend of Aiyana's paternal aunt LaKrystal Sanders,[21] was found in the upper floor of the duplex and surrendered without incident

The OP made it sound like the did not have a warrant for this address, when in fact they did, and the suspect was found at the address where the little Jones girl was shot.

I feel horrible for the death of the girl, but it does seem that this is a horrible example of bringing dangerous people around your family. It appears that not only was Chauncey a murderer, but that many members of his family were involved with the murder he committed. The girls own father was at the murder and provided the weapon used.

Source

This seems to be a TRAGIC example of criminal elements of society exposing their young children to potentially very dangerous and deadly situations.

Source
www.freep.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Source
Source

So for all those people only blaming the officers in this case, I suggest you actually use critical thinking here and apply the blame where it truly belongs. On Chancey Owens and Charles Jones, the FATHER of the little girl, who participated in a murder and sheltered the murderer in the very home his little girl was sleeping in.

Edit: I firmly believe this officer should have been removed from his post, with loss of pay and pension. Especially since the video from A&E supposedly shows the shot came from OUTSIDE the house.
edit on 21-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
So now I have had more time to read over this.

I found this info online:

Chauncey Owens, who was the boyfriend of Aiyana's paternal aunt LaKrystal Sanders,[21] was found in the upper floor of the duplex and surrendered without incident

The OP made it sound like the did not have a warrant for this address, when in fact they did, and the suspect was found at the address where the little Jones girl was shot.

I feel horrible for the death of the girl, but it does seem that this is a horrible example of bringing dangerous people around your family. It appears that not only was Chauncey a murderer, but that many members of his family were involved with the murder he committed. The girls own father was at the murder and provided the weapon used.

Source

This seems to be a TRAGIC example of criminal elements of society exposing their young children to potentially very dangerous and deadly situations.

Source
www.freep.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Source
Source

So for all those people only blaming the officers in this case, I suggest you actually use critical thinking here and apply the blame where it truly belongs. On Chancey Owens and Charles Jones, the FATHER of the little girl, who participated in a murder and sheltered the murderer in the very home his little girl was sleeping in.

Edit: I firmly believe this officer should have been removed from his post, with loss of pay and pension. Especially since the video from A&E supposedly shows the shot came from OUTSIDE the house.

does that mean next time i call the police, i can expect them to show up and shoot my 12 year old because they lacked the discipline to differentiate between an INNOCENT CIVILIAN and a SUSPECT?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: 0bservant

It's very simple really, identify a threat before using lethal force.

Simple enough in training, for sure.

In law enforcement, you're not allowed to make mistakes that cost the lives of innocents. (In a real world)

Tell that to the little girl. These guys weren't "enforcing the law", by the way. They were assaulting a position.

i was under the impression that competent officials (emphasis on competent) make sure to identify the inhabitants of any dwelling in order to make sure they are fully prepared. is that not worth the extra day or two it takes to minimize civilian casualties? and why are we making arguments in defense of an officer who clearly didnt give a crap that the house contained more than just the suspect they were being paid to apprehend?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Police are shakedown thugs for the mayor. When thing like this happen burn down the mayors house and leave an anonymous note stating that they were at the wrong address but like the SWAT team it is just collateral damage and he should accept it as the cost of society.

When you neighbors dog bites your child, you wouldn't sue the dog now would you? You would sue the owner.

Start at the top and work your way down.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
Police are shakedown thugs for the mayor. When thing like this happen burn down the mayors house and leave an anonymous note stating that they were at the wrong address but like the SWAT team it is just collateral damage and he should accept it as the cost of society.

When you neighbors dog bites your child, you wouldn't sue the dog now would you? You would sue the owner.

Start at the top and work your way down.

comparing dogs to police is apples to oranges, but you raise an excellent point. these cops are following orders and the people giving the orders are the ones letting them get away with it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

No, they did not.

Without warning, officers simultaneously attempted to breach entrances of two discrete living units of the duplex: the suspects’ location and the neighboring residence. What occurred at 4054 Lillibridge — where the suspect did NOT live — would be devastating.

One of the major deceptions permeating the coverage of this case was the notion that Aiyana lived in the same residence as the subject of the search warrant. This was plainly false, as the building was a duplex with separate units, not connected internally whatsoever.

Furthermore, police charged into the raid with an improper warrant to search both units, Mr. Fieger asserted. After improperly raiding both living units, police went back and covered their mistake by acquiring a retroactive search warrant for the second half. The official story glossed over that detail.

If you've ever seen a duplex you'd know that they consist of two separate living units with two separate addresses. They had a warrant for one unit but attacked both. It's being argued by the attorney for the family that the police decided they would need a warrant for the second unit after the attack and murder took place.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

no the aggressive dogs(pigs in this instance) get put down ..especially it it wasnt his first time biting

aldf.org... if-your-dog-has-bitten-someone-who-is-now-suing-you/

The hearing officer may order that your dog be euthanized,

and this wasnt the pigs first sign of aggression

then

your sue the owner
edit on pm1020143101America/ChicagoTue, 21 Oct 2014 13:04:27 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This happened 4.5 years ago!!!! You know you have the MSM crawling all over a justifiable shooting in Ferguson, but a shooting of an innocent 7 year old requires two hung juries before any news of it is ridiculous. Its proves that the attention given to the Ferguson shooting is a psyop to contain expectations for reform of killer cops. Let people spin themselves out on the 24 news cycle on a case where no reform or conviction is possible, pure psyop controlling peoples demands for reform.

As far as this shooting, this is where the MSM attention needs to be, if the MSM were real news. But they aren't, the MSM is controlled to prevent calls for reform.

And so we have killer cops roaming the streets with impunity, acting like they have free get out of jail cards. The really sad commentary is that the cop lovers and boot lickers on the jury are not fulfilling their responsibility to protect the innocent amongst us and to protect our constitutional rights. All I can say is pray for the innocent, and know that there is no forgiveness for child killers, he burns child killers.
edit on 21-10-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well you'd be calling the police yourself now wouldn't you. They wouldn't be looking for a murderer in your residence would they?

Your analogy is disingenuous.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

I am sorry, you are wrong. Yes, the suspect did NOT live there, but the warrant WAS for that unit (4054). Do some research. The units were side by side, both were two floors. You can clearly see that they went into 4054 first which is where they set off the flash grenade and fired the shot. That was the unit they found the suspect in upstairs. (4054)

They also raided the next door unit after shots were fired, but it has nothing to do with where Chauncey was found. Once shots were fired they were within the legal right to secure the premises, which includes making sure nobody busted through a wall to get to the attached unit.

It is worded very poorly in the OP and the article they linked, but if you look into the local news stories you can clearly see the house the girl was killed in was the one they had a warrant for as well as where the suspect was found. Both the OP and the article they quoted/sourced use specific wordplay of "SUSPECT DID NOT LIVE THERE" which has nothing to do with where the warrant was served. The warrant was served for 4054. While the suspect did not live there, he was staying with the father of the girl in his bedroom upstairs.

AGAIN, THE FATHER OF THE GIRL WAS AN ACCOMPLICE TO THE MURDER. HE WAS GIVING REFUGE TO THE MURDERER.
edit on 21-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dieseldyk

I actually remember this, and it got TONS of national attention, I just forgot about it until this thread. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were all over this one.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Swat teams love these masturbatory penis contests. When I see them doing their maneuvers, it's always so funny to me. I have to laugh. Especially when they are all yelling unintelligibly. It's like little league football. I could watch that all day.
edit on 10/21/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

…and why are we making arguments in defense of an officer…

I'm doing no such thing. Sorry if you got that impression.

…who clearly didn't give a crap that the house contained more than just the suspect they were being paid to apprehend?

You don't know his state of mind either.
edit on 21-10-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…and why are we making arguments in defense of an officer…

I'm doing no such thing. Sorry if you got that impression.

…who clearly didn't give a crap that the house contained more than just the suspect they were being paid to apprehend?

Neither do you know his state of mind.

i can assume he wasnt thinking or that little girl would still be alive.

and if he WAS thinking, then he needs to find a different job that doesnt put him in such a position ever again.
edit on 21-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Well you'd be calling the police yourself now wouldn't you. They wouldn't be looking for a murderer in your residence would they?

Your analogy is disingenuous.

and you are being facetious. get outta my face.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join