It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishm

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
In the old days this never happen'd.
why is it happening now?

they just dont care any more.
it is setting the stage for another Hitler.

in the second world war
people did things they would Never think of doing normally.
they are being dehumanized.
so they will do any thing the next Hitler will tell them to do.

Cops killing people unnecessarily? Yep, happened in the old days, too. Just not to everyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

Yup it happened back the, but I don't think we saw it nearly as much as we do today and not because of the coverage.

This seems like something people would protest over but I've not seen anything about it besides here.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: FraggleRock

Let me start by saying that I think this a a huge tragedy and think that raids like this should essentially be done away with. The risks far outweigh the reward. There are far too many mistakes made. Most of these SWAT teams are not trained well enough, and suck far too much money from the taxpayer while simultaneously endangering everyone involved (or in the vicinity).

That beautiful little girl didn't need to die.

In response to your question though:

Because they charged him with involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter is reckless behavior that kills someone (without any intent) like a DUI, or killing someone on accident while committing another crime.

Of course everyone is going to say he was acting recklessly since he had his finger on the trigger and was bumped (which I don't buy), or that just participating in a no knock raid is reckless (which I agree with most of the time, certainly in this instance). But were his actions actually reckless?

I don't think anyone can say definitively. I don't know how to phrase this without it sounding jackbootish, but it wasn't his job to pick the door he went through. He didn't make the massive f-up getting the incorrect address. An analogy that I admit is a bit of a stretch would be being the guy that hits the button to demolish a building and kills someone because the person in charge of assuring that wouldn't happen did a crappy job. I think he is indeed a scapegoat.

So the problem here is that there is no 100% proof. Juries are instructed that if there is reasonable doubt they can't lay blame. There is reasonable doubt that Weekley wasn't bumped by the grandmother, just as there is reasonable doubt that he was. Yes, the girl is dead and we know who pulled the trigger, but if there is still some doubt the jury shouldn't be sentencing. You have to take two people at their word, and when that happens there is enough doubt. The same would be true if they were trying to charge the Grandmother.

Now do I think the Grandmother bumped the gun? I was going to say I was 90% sure she couldn't have, but I was thinking about how my place is set up. The couch is a LOOONG way from the front door in my home. If these folks had the couch right next to the door, I can see someone being startled and smacking at a gun. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable unless I see a layout of the house at the time of the raid.

So unless there is 100% proof that the cop was negligent (to a level that would satisfy a court) I can certainly see how the case keeps getting thrown out. It's distasteful, but it should be that way.

I think we all want someone to be punished when a child is shot in the head, but I don't think this thing is that black and white. The law isn't about vengeance. There is a reason for these protections. We should all be assured them.

+++++I'm going to use this as an opportunity to say that ALL cops need to be wearing body cameras. ESPECIALLY guys on SWAT teams. They will pay for themselves by knocking out frivolous lawsuits that routinely end up as settlements because it's cheaper than having the lawyers fight. They've been proven to drastically reduce reports of brutality. If this cop was wearing one the trial would have been over in minutes.+++++

Reasonable and logical. I'm with you, but up to a point.

a stun grenade was tossed right onto the coach where they were lying though. Or right next to it. One of things blowing up that close to you means you can't see anything but a sheet of bright white light in your eyes, and you can't here anything but muffled noises, it would be HIGHLY improbable of grandma to get up and do any mp5 sub machine gun smacking.

Then they did not arrest the grandma immediately, which they would have done if she did smack a gun. Then the family's accounts of the police making the family sit around in the blood of the little girl while they rummaged through the house.

Make an example of him and the person who ordered that family's home raided. Put them in general population for life.

According to the trial, the grandmother's fingerprints were NOT on the gun. Therefore the cop was full of bullcocky! Worse still they made the parents sit in her blood handcuffed. Nice touch guys! Nice touch! I'm sure mom and dad appreciated that.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Your meth head comment is inaccurate, because the Georgia raid was not a no knock raid.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Again this wasn't a drug raid. It was the apprehension of a murderer.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
First off I am deeply saddened by this tragic event. A child should never have their life cut short.

I understand why people are blaming the SWAT team here and rightfully so. But full scale the blame is on the stupidity of the american people. 100's of millions of just plain stupid people. There is a reason we have the police state the way it is. It's all of these stupid people that ruin it for the smart one's like myself. (By smart I mean not putting myself at risk or my families at risk because of illegal activity).

The parents lived downstairs in a duplex. The cops were there to arrest the person who lived upstairs. The parents had committed no crime. Apartments are separate on duplexes. I've lived in many. Just because I know who my neighbors are, doesn't mean I am culpable in the crimes my neighbors may commit. The cops warrant had only one address, not both the upstairs and down. The cops hit BOTH, the up and downstairs address, the set the warrant up retroactively to reflect both addresses.

After the 7 yr old was murdered, the cops handcuffed the parents and sat them on the couch in their child's blood. (Lovely, right?) While they "arrested" grandma and took her to the station, eventually she was released. They saw the toys, they knew children were present, it obviously did not bother them. As long as they got to go home to bed that night, protected from those dangerous children!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Did you read Any of it???

The father of the girl was an accomplice in the murder...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Did you read Any of it???

The father of the girl was an accomplice in the murder...

I posted this as a reply back when I was still on page 4, before I learned of dad's involvement. Dad should have been arrested for being an accomplice, however, it does not excuse the murder of his daughter. Dad is just as culpable as the cop, in bringing the criminal element in, yet the cop shot a 7 year old child point blank in the skull while she slept. Some hard core criminal she was! TAKE HER DOWN! *eye roll* GMAB! And let's not play "Grandma grabbed my gun", shall we? Only prints on the gun were his according to trial transcripts. So that right there is thrown out of the window. Now matter how this swings, the girl was innocent in this, regardless of dad's involvement.
edit on 10/22/2014 by Anyafaj because: Oddity showing up

edit on 10/22/2014 by Anyafaj because: same oddity

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
How many police officers are ex-military that got desensitized during the war on terror overseas ?

One of these days they are going to kill somebody by accident, that might cause vigilante justice, if the courts won't give it out. This is negligent manslaughter at the very least.
I am thinking if police were to raid an ex-military special forces persons house by accident and kill their child by accident. Oh and the father was an expert sniper too.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I really dont think thats the problem. ALL THE CONTRARY. Military are usually better trained and more professional. The root of this is a psychotic, imbalanced, and self aggrandized civilian population that police recruit from.

I will refer you to the guy that responded to me before and every other psychotic person who advocated mass violence of near genocidal proportions over a single death. A wrong and reprehensible death, but still just one innocent person compared to possibly millions of innocent cops that people wanted to kill along with the bad cops.

Our society is full of crap too, when it says its not their own fault (no responsiblity for ones actions is seen as sociopathic behavior)and some will probably respond like angry children to this comment by me with the highest order of emotional distortions just to feel justifiable in advocating mass violence and murder....of bad cops, but not limited to just them.....over this.

Our society is rotten and our people are insane. Thats why we have rotten and insane cops. I will say it again. We get what we deserve. (to save time) No not this girl, cheapo rebuttals from knee jerk reactionaries responding to this....no, not her. We as a country, we are psychotic and get psychotic people in charge from government to religious leaders, to cops to civil groups. Insane people live here and so insane people run the show. Thats why I say what I do. Personal responsibility will vary but ultimately our collective reasoning and accepted ethos and moral code assign blame universally by all who reinforce those things in their communities.

You guys want to blame someone? Dont blame the military or some far off "them" or any good cops just because there are bad ones. Blame yourselves. yeah. I know. Still true though....
edit on 10 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

In the neck, but makes no difference. I do believe the officer is just as culpable. I haven't defended him. I disagree completely with no knock warrants. I feel the no knock was the issue here, so the judge who issued it is just as guilty.

The officer was put in a position where he thought he was entering the residence of a cold blooded killer. The girl was put in a position where here father had her in a life threatening situation.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

I went through all the police photos and you are correct. The door on the left goes to a stairwell.

I also found this:

Duplexes have different addresses, therefore the agents would only enter the area that was designated in the warrant. If the warrant said duplex apartment "A" and "B" they would search both. If it only named one apartment they would only be able to search that one unless there was just cause to enter the other area. If it did not specify either one but simply the address, it might be a valid warrant regardless if both or only one apartment were searched. The legality of such a warrant is determined by several factors, state and/or federal law, the circumstances and of course the judge's ruling, if it came to that.

So the warrant very well could have just been for the entire duplex, and later they specified the exact addresses of the duplex.

For example one of the duplexes I own is 508 and 508 1/2, however another one I own is 40-101 and 40-102

So it is very possible they did not know the exact numbering/lettering of the duplex addresses when they got the warrant, so they just did a generic one encompassing the entire duplex.

Edit: Also, some states allow the killing of officers in a no knock raid if it was self defense...so that is interesting:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

May the light find this poor soul and take her home where it is safe and free of danger. God bless her and her family that witnessed this tragic incident.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

OMG. If someone smashes your window, your WHOLE FAMILY WOULD BE MOVING AND MAKING SUDDEN MOVEMENTS ASAP 100% FOR EVERYONE ON EARTH!!!!!!

Now, I don't know what the hell training you are talking about. THIS IS NOT A WAR. AND JUST A FEW YEARS AGO, EVEN IN SELF DEFENSE WITH EVERY OTHER MEANS BEING TRIED TO NEGOTIATE, DISCHARGE OF WEAPONS WENT BEFORE TRIBUNALS.

THAT IS THE ONLY LEGAL WAY THEY ARE ALLOWED TO OPERATE!!!!!

THIS IS MURDER ONE FOR THE WHOLE TEAM AND I CONSIDER THE JUDGE A CONTRIBUTER TO IT SO GUILTY AS WELL!

edit on 22-10-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If you don't like dangerous jobs, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BECOME A COP. FIREFIGHTERS ARE HERO'S AND IN DANGEROUS JOBS. YOU ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING.

edit to add: I believe that crew and the police knew perfectly well who lived there and that the granddaughter was 7, and it was a RITUAL SACRIFICE. THEY ARE MOSTLY ALL CORRUPT ANCIENT VERSION OF SATANISTS AND THEY SACRIFICE EVERYTHING THEY CAN.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Discharge of weapons went before tribunals? I think you are confused unless you want to source that...

My Grandfather was in WW II, then a police officer for 34 years. He killed 7 people in the line of duty and not once was he ever brought before a tribunal. (Twice he was in the paper hailed as a hero...) He died at 77 over 20 years ago so he would have been one of those "how it used to be" people. I believe he was shot twice? (maybe only once and stabbed another, but he was def shot at least once and stabbed another time). These were mafioso types though that he was up against, not your standard street thug of today.

If anything, there is more coverage of shots fired now than there ever used to be.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

No, I grew up on a very steady diet, my family watched news from morning to night, and every news type talk show, not the Oprah types, but news ones, where they actually interviewed both sides and didn't take the governments position, like 20/20 and the 5th Estate, but more the university PHD and witnesses!

And for decades many cases of use of weapons used in states and Canada, BEFORE TRIBUNALS. Nor could you just bust into anyone' s home and shoot. You risked your life as a cop and you did everything under the sun to not shoot.

I WANT THE REAL TRAINING AND DUTIES BACK ASAP!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Again can you please source these "tribunals" you are talking about?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well just go there then and execute the lot of them yourself. After all you are judge jury and executioner, right? I though thats wants wrong with this whole police state venture we are on?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Bundy

Yeah thats insane. You would make an excellent bad cop.

EDIT TO ADD:
This proves my point however that bad cops come from an imbalanced civilian population...Our society is rotten.

I wouldn't make an excellent any type of cop. I've only ever known one person in life who became a cop, he was a friend of mine. His reasoning when I asked why he wanted to become a cop was "So i can do whatever the F i want". That is the police mentality. I was in no way surprised by what he said because it's what i assume every cop in America would say if they trusted the person asking enough to tell them the truth.

Bad cops may come from an imbalanced civilian population, but they're supposed to be weeded out not not protected and allowed to carry on as they see fit without any stress from worrying about being punished.

Our justice system is a farce and those who work within it are corrupted to the core. I only find solace in that i believe what Helious says that this, hopefully, is coming to an end within my lifetime.

I see it like a foreign occupation. These people are foreign to me. Maybe not in terms of their birthplace, but definitely in terms of their beliefs and actions.

If this cop truly shot this child by accident, the least he could do is turn in his badge. I know he never will though, because once you're a cop there is no other line of work that will satisfy you. They are the only people in this country who are free. Free to do whatever, whenever, and wherever.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join