A 17th century depiction of the Tablet by Heinrich Khunrath, 1606
Heinrich Khunrath The Emerald Tablet
Alchemy and Mysticism from The Hermetic Museum Author: Heinrich Khunrath Work: Amhitheatrum sapientae aeternae Date: 1606
This work is over 400 years old, in the public domain.
A new translation bypassing the Latin has just been published by Nineveh Shadrach from the original Arabic of Book of Causes attributed to Apollonius
1. It contains an accurate commentary that can't be doubted.
2. It states: What is the above is from the below and the below is from the above. The work of wonders is from one.
3. And all things sprang from this essence through a single projection. How marvelous is its work! It is the principle [sic] part of the world and
4. Its father is the sun and its mother is the moon. Thus the wind bore it within it and the earth nourished it.
5. Father of talismans and keeper of wonders.
6. Perfect in power that reveals the lights.
7. It is a fire that became our earth. Separate the earth from the fire and you shall adhere more to that which is subtle than that which is
coarse, through care and wisdom.
8. It ascends from the earth to the heaven. It extracts the lights from the heights and descends to the earth containing the power of the above
and the below for it is with the light of the lights. Therefore the darkness flees from it.
9. The greatest power overcomes everything that is subtle and it penetrates all that is coarse.
10. The formation of the microcosm is in accordance with the formation of the macrocosm.
11. The scholars made this their path.
12. This is why Thrice Hermes was exalted with wisdom.
13. This is his last book that he hid in the catacomb.
A 17th century depiction of the Tablet by Heinrich Khunrath, 1606
One translation, by Isaac Newton, found among his alchemical papers as reported by B. J. Dobbs in modern spelling:
1. Tis true without lying, certain most true.
2. That which is below is like that which is above that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing.
3. And as all things have been arose from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
4. The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
5. the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse.
6. The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
7. Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
7a. Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
8. It ascends from the earth to the heaven again it descends to the earth and receives the force of things superior and inferior.
9. By this means ye shall have the glory of the whole world thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
10. Its force is above all force. for it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.
11a. So was the world created.
12. From this are and do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (Or process) is here in this.
13. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.
14. That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished and ended.
Another translation from Aurelium Occultae Philosophorum by Georgio Beato:
1) This is true and remote from all cover of falsehood.
2) Whatever is below is similar to that which is above. Through this the marvels of the work of one thing are procured and perfected.
3) Also, as all things are made from one, by the consideration of one, so all things were made from this one, by conjunction.
4) The father of it is the sun, the mother the moon.
5) The wind bore it in the womb. Its nurse is the earth, the mother of all perfection.
6) Its power is perfected.
7) If it is turned into earth,
7) Separate the earth from the fire, the subtle and thin from the crude and coarse, prudently, with modesty and wisdom.
8) This ascends from the earth into the sky and again descends from the sky to the earth, and receives the power and efficacy of things above and
of things below.
9) By this means you will acquire the glory of the whole world, and so you will drive away all shadows and blindness.
10) For this by its fortitude snatches the palm from all other fortitude and power. For it is able to penetrate and subdue everything subtle and
everything crude and hard.
11) By this means the world was founded
12) And hence the marvelous cojunctions of it and admirable effects, since this is the way by which these marvels may be brought about.
13) And because of this they have called me Hermes Tristmegistus since I have the three parts of the wisdom and Philosophy of the whole
14) My speech is finished which I have spoken concerning the solar work.
Contemporary rendering of Latin text
1. True, without error, certain and most true
2. That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to perform the miracles of the one thing.
3. And as all things were from [the] one, by [means of] the meditation of [the] one, thus all things of the daughter from [the] one, by [means of]
4. Its father is the sun, its mother[,]the moon, the wind carried it in its belly, its nurse is the earth.
5. The father of all the initiates of the whole world is here.
6. Its power is integrating if it be turned into earth.
7. Separate the earth from the fire, the fine from the dense, delicately, by [means of/to] the great [together] with capacity.
8. It ascends by [means of] earth into heaven and again it descends into the earth, and retakes the power of the superior[s] and of the
9. Thus[,] you have the glory of the whole world.
10. Therefore[,] may it drive-out by [means of] you of all the obscurity.
11. This is the whole of the strength of the strong force, because it overcomes all fine things, and penetrates all the complete.
12. Thus[,] the world has been created.
13. Hence they were wonderful adaptations, of which this is the manner.
14. Therefore[,] I am Hermes the Thrice Great, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.
15. What I have said concerning the operation of the Sun has been completed.
There is more work by Heinrich Khunrath... mostly found in the Rosicrucian camp, and only recently made public... in this version the 'gate' has
Porta Amphitheatri Sapientiae Aeternae
this version dates M.DC.II (1902)
The Entrance To The House of Eternal Mysteries
From Khunrath's Amphitheatrum Sapientiæ, etc.
This symbolic figure, representing the way to everlasting life, is described by Khunrath in substance as follows: "This is the Portal of the
amphitheatre of the only true and eternal Wisdom--a narrow one, indeed, but sufficiently august, and consecrated to Jehovah. To this portal ascent is
made by a mystic, indisputably prologetic, flight of steps, set before it as shown in the picture. It consists of seven theosophic, or, rather,
philosophic steps of the Doctrine of the Faithful Sons. After ascending the steps, the path is along the way of God the Father, either directly by
inspiration or by various mediate means. According to the seven oracular laws shining at the portal, those who are inspired divinely have the power to
enter and with the eyes of the body and of the mind, of seeing, contemplating and investigating in a Christiano-Kabalistic, divino-magical,
physico-chemical manner, the nature of the Wisdom: Goodness, and Power of the Creator; to the end that they die not sophistically but live
theosophically, and that the orthodox philosophers so created may with sincere philosophy expound the works of the Lord, and worthily praise God who
has thus blessed these friend, of God." The above figure and description constitute one of the most remarkable expositions ever made of the
appearance of the Wise Man's House and the way by which it must be entered.
Secret Teachings of All Ages
Still more work by Heinrich Khunrath. "Amphitheatrum sapientiae aeternae". [Hamburg: s.n., 1595.].
This is an Alchemy classic... and its the best copy I have ever seen in all my years. Its not hosted at some new age or other 'dubious' website.
It is in the special collection of the University of Wisconsin Madison...
the same University that is the forefront of FUSION research, particularly He3 (Helium 3)
Fusion Technology Institute
the same University that is the home of HH Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut, Senator, Geologist and owner of Inter Lune Inter Mars Initiative, an off
world mining concern
FTI Research Projects :: 3He Lunar Mining
Here is the complete works of the "Amphitheatrum sapientiae aeternae" in very high res scans with translations and comment
University of Wisconsin Madison Special Collections
So this 'hoax' material is good enough for such an august institution, but not of any use to the 'experts' here at ATS
Well let me see similar documentation on those ten commandment tablets
[edit on 13-8-2009 by zorgon]