It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emerald Tablets of Thoth say a spaceship is under giza platueu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well, does anyone have a Pic?????? thats all i would need!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The tablets are a "Golden Knowledge" type hoax.

In this type of hoax, someone shows up with a "translation" of something that contains knowledge undiscovered by modern science/history/religion, the words were written on some sort of unusual substance, the words were seen only by the one who wrote the message down, and the guardian (angel/monk/etc) just happened to be the only person with the "key" to translating this "lost knowledge." The mysterious tablets then vanish.

There's a number of these running around.

Can you say Joseph Smith and the Golden Tablets?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So there is no "set" proof they are fake....I'm curious here about this....

EDITED to add

If this is just a story and no one has seen these tablets.....it does make one think "hoax" but it can't be proven either way.....

[edit on 12/9/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is recent relevant thread on the tablets:
Only by sound could their [Serpent] faces be seen.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
According to this,

The Tablets where held atop with the Records of atlantis....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
if it was near sand would'nt the glass (sand) reflect the scans or am i just being stupid?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
DrHoracid, and every one else who talked about the vault under the sphinx paws,
Thanks for all the info you posted on that. I was also aware that the Egyp Gov. Shut off all info on that find. The conspercy of it goes to a prediction that was made many years ago that something would be found there that would anser the questions of how the sphinx and pyrmids were built. So from there you can go any direction. Anti gravity? Help from aliens?
And what will the Egyp Gov do with that new found knolege?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I may be willing to think about the possibilty of Atlantis etc, but the following sounds too cheezy to my untrained ear:

They consist of twelve tablets of emerald green, formed from a substance created through alchemical transmutation. They are imperishable, resistant to all elements and substances. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, no change ever taking place.

In this respect, they violate the material law of ionization.

That's just a pile of garbage. Atomic and cellular structure? And what about the material law of ionization? Somebody tried badly to sound scientific, and a load of crap came out.

Definitely a hoax.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Upon them are engraved characters in the Ancient Atlantean language;

While a firm believer in the (historical) existence of Atlantis, I am unaware that we had ANY examples of Atlantean "language", nor a translation of said language...(unless of course, you're talking about early South American languages, hehe...)

Obviously, unless someone comes forward with the physical examples, such stories of these tablets are pretty unbelievable at best...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Byrd...so your saying that the tablets have been proven fake!?

I'm saying that this is a common type of hoax.

The Tablets consist of twelve Tablets of Emerald Green formed from a substance created through alchemical transmutation. They are imperishable, resistant to all elements, corrosion and acids. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, and no change can take place, thus violating the material law of ionization.

As someone has pointed out, this is a desperate attempt at "scientific veracity" (another hallmark of these hoaxes.)

* the "tablets" aren't available (vanished)
* how do we know they're imperishable? Well, by golly, someone says they are.

Upon them are engraved characters in the Ancient Atlantean language; characters which respond to the attuned thought waves of the reader and which release much more wisdom and information than the characters do when merely deciphered.

Really?

Show me the Ancient Atlantean Language alphabet. And I'd like to see some information on the language (proving that it is one of the ancient ones and not some pigdin of modern English.) Better yet, show me the picture of the tablets with the writing.

(warning for anyone trying this: I've studied languages and I do know a false construct from a real language. So don't try photoshopped garbage here. You'll be "outed" by me and by several others.)

The Tablets are fastened together with hoops of a golden colored alloy suspended from a rod of the same material. they are supossed to be dated back some 36,000 years B.C....

Really?

How were they dated?

...and don't leap on "Carbon 14!!!" because the tablets aren't organic. You can't date crystals and metals by C14.

Compare that to the Odd And Weird But Verifiable things like the unreadable hieroglyphs inside the Isthmaen mask: www.100megsfree4.com...

Here we have a picture, a site, pictures of the writings, people who own the object, and a place you could go to photograph it or ask about it.

In a hoax, there is no primary person available (the original "keeper") and the object is "unavailable" (taken by angels, etc, etc.) In a hoax, the translation is not done over a period of years and the material isn't released in little pieces and verified by scholars.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ok, keep in my mind i am just as skeptical about this as most of you, supposedly these tablets were found in mayan ruins in 1925. i am not about to jump on a band wagon here and say they are "atlantean" but there interesting. could be that the language was mayan.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
here is a link with some more info

www.davidicke.net...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
At least he ADMITS that this theory is pretty much just speculation, hehe... Have you read Icke's full story there...???

Wow, he really likes to stack supposition on top of conjecture, doesn't he?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It is a Perfect theme to sell books, posters, and confuse peoples lives with.

It is a romantic tale, you become part of something bigger than yourself, there is no evidence to refute, dismiss, or debate.

Perfect.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I read David Icke's link and found it very interesting. I am also familiar with Dr. Gene Scots research on the pyramid.

What I don't understand is why can not we find the rest of the "underground complex" today, or maybe, it has already been found but is being kept a secret?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by LadyV
Byrd...so your saying that the tablets have been proven fake!?

I'm saying that this is a common type of hoax.

What say we try something completely unheard of and ask if they've been proven authentic. For that matter, let's see if anybody can prove that they ever existed at all. How is it that the tablets never seem to turn up. That's why I like Sitchin- at least he has the decency to lie about writing that really exists.

The Tablets consist of twelve Tablets of Emerald Green formed from a substance created through alchemical transmutation. They are imperishable, resistant to all elements, corrosion and acids. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, and no change can take place, thus violating the material law of ionization.

As someone has pointed out, this is a desperate attempt at "scientific veracity" (another hallmark of these hoaxes.)

* the "tablets" aren't available (vanished)
* how do we know they're imperishable? Well, by golly, someone says they are.

Alchemical transmutation? Now we're just being silly aren't we? Alchemy, also known as basic classroom experiments that most of us have done in highschool chemistry courses, was never able to accomplish transmutation. I can only guess that the craze started when some alchemist accidentally purified metal that he didn't know was in a compound by simple chemical reaction. He thought he had created the metal and the hunt for a way to create gold from other chemicals was on.

Upon them are engraved characters in the Ancient Atlantean language; characters which respond to the attuned thought waves of the reader and which release much more wisdom and information than the characters do when merely deciphered.

Really?

Show me the Ancient Atlantean Language alphabet. And I'd like to see some information on the language (proving that it is one of the ancient ones and not some pigdin of modern English.) Better yet, show me the picture of the tablets with the writing.

(warning for anyone trying this: I've studied languages and I do know a false construct from a real language. So don't try photoshopped garbage here. You'll be "outed" by me and by several others.)

I could show you something that I am fairly confident is Atlantean language or at least something similiar to it, but I can't say I'm -SURE- of it. The source of confusion is that it's not generally called Atlantean- it's called Greek. Plato's limited account of the war between other Greek city states and Atlantis leads me to believe that "Atlantis" was a Greek island of some importance to the copper trade. It also seems pretty clear that by the time Plato recieved the story Atlantis had been SERIOUSLY trumped up, probably for the purpose of glorifying those who defeated "Atlantis".

The Tablets are fastened together with hoops of a golden colored alloy suspended from a rod of the same material. they are supossed to be dated back some 36,000 years B.C....

Really?

How were they dated?

...and don't leap on "Carbon 14!!!" because the tablets aren't organic. You can't date crystals and metals by C14.

Let's see... they dated them without any reliance on the materials becuase those "violate the law of ionization" and "never change", so they may have dated them without even possessing them. They didn't date them according to where they were found because they were supposedly found in Myan ruins, which we are pretty sure were not there 36,000 yaers ago.
EUREKA- THEY GUESSED!

Compare that to the Odd And Weird But Verifiable things like the unreadable hieroglyphs inside the Isthmaen mask: www.100megsfree4.com...

Here we have a picture, a site, pictures of the writings, people who own the object, and a place you could go to photograph it or ask about it.

In a hoax, there is no primary person available (the original "keeper") and the object is "unavailable" (taken by angels, etc, etc.) In a hoax, the translation is not done over a period of years and the material isn't released in little pieces and verified by scholars.

You have to be careful with the word scholar. As long as you know the correct letters to designate a doctorate in the appropriate field, any hoax can have a scholar in it.
(I'll have to start carrying a tape recorder so that I can share with you all next time my buddy Manuel invents a PhD holder to cite for his latest medical news on Gulf War Syndrome.)

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As I read this thread, I feel vaguely displaced some well written individuals. The gut reaction of any claim without empirical evidence is one of rejection; a dogma of scientific thinking is that only testable ideas shall be entertained. However, as much as white-coats and their advocates can not believe, knowledge does not require science and its method, nor does science and its method necessarily generate knowledge.

I am not sure about any of the claims presented here, but I am always disappointed from biased positions from either end of the spectrum, "Well, prove that this is not so!" or "Well, I consider it false until you prove it!" Both are horrible reasoning.

Other examples of horrible reasoning:
1. Some hoaxes sound like this, so this might also be a hoax.
2. A person used big words in an odd way, so they obviously are trying to trick you.
3. I have not seen this object, so I should not entertain its existence.
4. Ancient languages that happen to look like a rearranged form of english probably are hoaxes.

I plead with everyone to argue in a rational mindframe, and not from one of a hardened bias. Let's be philosophers, and seek wisdom and truth -- not application experts, who only seek to apply a scientific method.

Sighing,
Radardog

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a lot of people here are way too quick to disprove somthing to the point that if it was true they would find a way to disprove it how does that help research when nothing could ever be right if we really want to find out the truth we must have a balanced mind open minded but willing to find facts to back it up.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Emerald Tablets of Thoth say a spaceship is under giza platueu
Although I havn't read this thread I would just like to commend the poster on having the greatest title of a thread I have seen this year.

Totally sums up the conspiracy focus

To make it better we would only have to add...

Illuminati informers release infrmation that the Emerald Tablets of Thoth say a spaceship is under giza platueu

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I believe that The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall had some information on this supposed tablet(s) and perhaps a drawing of it(one). Been so long since I read it, I'm not sure. I don't own a copy.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join