It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I heard somebody pop off once "it's all fun and games 'til your pants don't fit anymore".

I think we just found out we're a little too big for our bippies. And it aint funny anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

It says the symptoms of Ebola "...include high fever, headache, joint and muscle aches, sore throat, and weakness...."

followed by all the scary crap like explosive diarrhea, projectile vomiting and bleeding your spleen out through your eyeballs.

I feel like that everyday... looks like I would be clueless if I ever caught it, at least until the explosive diarrhea and the spleen thing kicks in.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Just thought I overheard on CNN that the expected phone wait time for the passengers who were on the same flight is 390 minutes. Haven't seen it mentioned, but could have missed it..

Did anyone else hear that? I feel like I must have heard incorrectly.

Yep, a couple of passengers are not happy right now. One phone call was disconnected while trying to transfer to another CDC rep. The passengers are getting the impression the CDC has no idea what it's doing.

Thank you for confirming.

Just to clarify, we are saying six and a half hours right? I would think they would give out a more private number to specific individuals involved, and then a 'public' number to cover all bases. Even then, I can't understand that wait time. There are ways to do this..

I am having trouble buying the 'incompetence' excuse at this point.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
twitter.com...

Eagle Mtn-Saginaw ISD: family w/ child at Lake Pointe Elem in isolation b/c family member was on plane w/ Amber Vinson. @NBCDFW

I just did a google map. that is 8.1 MILES from my Mom's house.

officially.freaked.out.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Here's the good news: this is all happening in relatively "wide-open-spaces" areas right now. Us MidCon people tend to maintain our personal spaces....so to speak. But if ONE person gets into an area where sidewalk striders like doing the bob and weave shoulder to shoulder with other pedestrians....like Manhattan....Katy bar the door. Not gonna want to be on THAT island!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Nurse Pham is Asian, Vietnamese American, she is doing well, she is the first nurse to get sick after treating Duncan, she received the plasma

The second nurse is African American, she is the one that flew to Cleveland and taking into consideration her position as a nurse and been taking care of Mr. Duncan.

Now this second nurse has been transported to Emory hospital in Atlanta, a more equipped hospital to handled her, that it seems she is in worst state than Nurse Pham, that means she was already felling sick when she flew, either that or they transfer her for her own safety.

I hope that help.

BTW the plasma only help people that can take type A blood, because that is the blood type of the host.

Unfortunately if her blood type doesn't match and she passes away, we'll Jesse come crawling out from under his rock bout how racist we are saving only the white people. If you want to survive people, make sure you are blood type A, if not, bend over, grab your ankles now and pucker up!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

It's all about the word choice. To me, contagious means the virus has overwhelmed the host and is being actively shed into the environment. Infectious ... whole 'nother territory.

Stop and ask yourself why some folks, who appear in the absolute best of health ... are completely, totally, and entirely excluded from donating their blood to the RC.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Shepard Smith: 'Do Not Listen To The Hysterical Voices' In The Media About Ebola

I'm not talking about the article, I'm talking about one of the comments...

Someone said that it's not hysteria, this thing is spreading, the nurse went on a plane, the crew went out to eat and nobody seems to be doing anything to contain it.

And another person replied this:

Do you have any idea how Ebola is spread. Instead of panicking simply wash your hands before you eat.

Well, folks, there you go. Wash your hands before you eat. Ebola can't get you if your hands are well washed before a meal.

...not.
edit on 15/10/2014 by LukeDAP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: kosmicjack

When I heard her say that, my depression level deepened to the Ninth Circle of Hell.

And yet there are people blithely expounding on how much we KNOW we know about Ebola....in this iteration. I'm just glad I started booting up my prep level. I just pray that I won't have to use my stuff for this.

Makes me wish my ex didn't sell my father's elephant gun. (Large rifle, my dad just called it an elephant gun, not for hunting elephants.) I've already started stocking up on canned goods and water gallons, now to get a hold of a shotgun, rifle, or recurve bow with lots of arrows. (Deadly with a bow, and deadly with handgun or rifle as long as you take the sight off. I HATE sights)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I can't say a ton, but I am the IT Manager for a large, non-profit call center. We've had discussions with the CDC about mobilizing for situations like this, but we have no contracts in place. We expect we'll be hearing from them pretty soon.

If we are activated, and we fully expect we will though we've not heard anything from them yet, I'll let you all know.

We would be somewhere the public could call to get information on local clinics, triage centers, outbreak information, etc. Again, all we've had so far are preliminary talks.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
See, the mystery deepens. She had PERMISSION from the CDC to get on that plane. What the hell are they trying to pull here? Either they have an agenda, or they really are the worst kinds of idiots.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm wondering who it was she called. Did she call the CDC home office? An information number? Who answers those calls? Did she talk to a healthcare professional?

Saying she called "The CDC" is pretty vague.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Yep, a couple of passengers are not happy right now. One phone call was disconnected while trying to transfer to another CDC rep. The passengers are getting the impression the CDC has no idea what it's doing.

Probably because they don't. I swear it's the cartoon Keystone Kops running the place! Between their incompetence and buffoonery, they are bound and determined to doom us to die. How Dr. Frankenstein became a doctor boggles my mind. I swear he cheated and napped through school, because he sure doesn't act like someone who is an actual doctor.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: calmbeforethestorm
See, the mystery deepens. She had PERMISSION from the CDC to get on that plane. What the hell are they trying to pull here? Either they have an agenda, or they really are the worst kinds of idiots.

Could it be both?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RockerDom

This thing is about to bust wide open isn't it RockerDom?
edit on 16-10-2014 by Justaposter because: forgot the word "it"

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Remember that toll free number the CDC wanted passengers to call?

"Your current estimated wait time is 282 minutes"

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

There's more hemorrhaging towards the end of the infection (Death) so more fluids being expelled and more opportunities to become infected. The virus remains as infectious throughout.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Serious? They closed the friggin schools?

www.wkyc.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: loam
I guess it's better than yesterday. Yesterday I believe it was something like 390 minutes...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: RockerDom
Saying she called "The CDC" is pretty vague.

I want to hear the recording of this phone call.

- Did she identify herself fully?
- Did she state that shes' on 'Ebola Watch' ?
- Did she state that she had direct contact with active Ebola?
- Did she state that she had a fever?

Or did she call and say 'I have a 99.5 temperature. Am I allowed to fly?'.
How much information did she supposedly give?

Either way ... this still goes back to her fault. She is an educated medical professional. She shouldn't be flying with ANY fever. She should know that fever = contagious ... no matter if it's ebola or the flu. To travel while sick is selfish and no one should be doing it.

She is at fault. And if the phone call turns out that she identified herself as on 'ebola watch', then the CDC is also at fault. But this alleged phone call does not relieve the woman of her responsibility in this matter.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join