It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

I remember you having gone through a lot a while back...I trust you're doing much better now though?

That's crazy, but you're right. Only one thing smells like gangrene and it's probably what he had, however, they should have informed you.

We tear our rooms apart and routinely move our pts that live on our unit to another room just to clean it. Each time a room is cleaned, it gets a new bed, curtains, etc. Now, if it was a pt with one of the real super bugs, they even strip and relax the floor. We throw everything away that isn't used, open or not, on everyone.

I did see on our facility website a mention about Ebola and the steps they're taking. I was ready to leave so I didn't read it. I will check it out tomorrow though. There's only a few units with the negative pressure type rooms with ante rooms. We have neg pressure rooms, but none with ante rooms. We had a kid with TB (encapsulated, not contagious) and some were fitted with the hazmat suits then, but that's the only time I have seen them and we didn't have the respirators.

In that photo above, I guarantee that's be what the nurses ewe provided to wear. CDC is LYING!!

Plus, there's this:

Nurse OK'd to Fly By CDC
edit on 15-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Check this out.

Dallas Ebola patient Amber Vinson told CDC she had slight fever before boarding flight and was not told she could not fly, official says - @nbcdfw

Vinson had been self-monitoring and was reporting her temperature to CDC epidemiology teams routinely.

The federal government spokesman who spoke with NBC News said that Vinson called the CDC on Monday before flying from Cleveland back to DFW on Frontier Airlines Flight 1143, and she reported that she had a temperature of 99.5 degrees.

According to the government spokesperson, when Vinson called in, the staff she talked with looked on the CDC website for guidance. At the time, the category for "uncertain risk" had guidance saying that a person could fly commercially if they did not meet the threshold of a temperature of 100.4.

www.nbcdfw.com...[[edit by]edit on 15-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Wait, CNN just reported that the CDC told her it was okay to fly back to Dallas.

Is this accurate?

Link...

According to Huffpost it is....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The plane carrying a Dallas health care worker who contracted the deadly Ebola virus has arrived in at DeKalb-Peachtree Airport and the worker is on her way to Emory University Hospital. [Source]

There is something off with these timings. If it was tail number N544PA as I guessed earlier in my other thread (might be a wrong guess but coincidentally it flew from Love Field in Dallas to Peachtree Dekalb in Atlanta.

Oct 14? And 21 hours ago? And 4:12am on Oct 15?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If it's not that tail number...what a coincidence, eh? Maybe it flew some CDC people.

ETA:
They are so not showing the tail number.
Raw Video

edit on 10/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

This is absolutely horrifying to ponder. If it is correct, who the hell is in the hot suit in that picture?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

I'm just trying to gather information and get the tail number of the plane that took her to Emory and when.

Odd too how they finally took our advice and landed closer to Emory than with the first two patients (I'm not sure of the path of the third...she is the fourth coming here to Atlanta).

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just got home and flipped on the news, heard them say obama is canceling all of his trips. Is this to look like he's busy working on the problem or to avoid ebola??

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Ha, he will not be so lucky, his ratings are down in the floor now, no good for mid term elections in the coming weeks for his political party.

I guess the dining, campaigning and golf playing has to stop for now.

edit on 15-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What sort of mind does it take to behave the way this woman did? Apparently, one with no working brain cells left....
I would be far more understanding had she not been at the very same hospital as Mr. Duncan...the usual excuse...."I never watch the news, it's too depressing...." might have been an explanation, weak though it might be.
But now do we see why some people need to be compelled by law to do what is right?
We can rage all we like about having rights taken, but when it comes down to cutting the bacon---evidently there are folks out there who should know better but don't and it will take the full force of law to force them onto the right path.
My friend and his daughter who fled Dallas with their family look like true prophets at this point. His words were, "Well, hearing what I'd heard and knowing that this was in no way being taken as seriously as it should have been, it wasn't hard to predict this type of scenario. Anyone with a functioning brain should have figured it out by Friday."
Who told this nurse she could travel if she was one of Mr. Duncan's caregivers? Have the rest of the staff who helped to care for him been put in forced isolation? The word my friends are getting is that in reality, nobody was isolated---most of those people are still working!!!
What happens when we have more than 19 people infected? Will various army units be sent to sites of infection to "fight ebola" here in the US?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have to say..I find it hard to believe how lackadaisical the US health authorities are being about trying to contain the spread of this virus.I am not American,but I expected better,I expected the relevant US authorities to be super-efficiant and capable.I read on another thread that there were not even proper protocols in place to safely dispose of Thomas Duncan's used and highly bio-hazardous discarded bedsheets,etc-how can this be,in America? From what I've read so far,how things have been handled since Duncan tested positive,the US authorities and relevant departments are handling this on par with a third world country,seriously.I expected better,Much better handling of this situation,from a country with such superior medical infrastructure,such a large pool of highly skilled medical professionals.Yet,I see so many stupid mistakes,such an almost cavalier attitude regarding the handling of the American cases,and the possibility of unnecessary contamination.

Such a lack of erring on the side of caution.I'm starting to sound like the captions on a Dogue picture,so I 'll just conclude that I don't understand this,for a South African like myself it makes no sense. reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Helmut up people, here we go.

Dallas Commissioners Will Declare State Of Disaster Tomorrow Over Ebola

While the message from the President is 'keep calm and avoid bodily fluids', it appears the commissioners in Dallas are slightly more concerned at the potential for Ebola to escalate:

*DALLAS COMMISSIONERS TO DECLARE LOCAL STATE OF DISASTER TOMORROW: NBC-TV*DALLAS COUNTY CONSIDERS DECLARING STATE OF DISASTER FROM EBOLA*DALLAS DISASTER DECLARATION WOULD ACTIVATE EMERGENCY PLAN

source

*Adjusts tinfoil hat chin strap*

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
I think the top one is what they actually used to do the cleanup...the bottom one is the joke.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

They're erring on the side of trying not to upset the bleeding heart, liberal do-gooders who will have us all exposed for the sake of saving a few.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Well, well, well, only two infected nurses and now is a declaration of emergency, I guess with all the bureaucracy that our nations has dig itself in, they need state of emergency to be able to function, because obviously they are nothing but a whole bunch of morons making decisions.

Will a state of emergency increase the intelligence of the morons"?, nah, this is to be able to appropriate federal funds to pay for more bureaucratic crap.

you can no fix stupid

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomePeople

They're erring on the side of trying not to upset the bleeding heart, liberal do-gooders who will have us all exposed for the sake of saving a few.

Seriously? Using this to bolster a political agenda or slam one? Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Only? Only?

The shouldn't bloody be any at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
On another note, did anyone document the timeline of when she got on the flight? Was it before they isolated the 70 or so healthcare workers? After? And if after, why did they not isolate her in place, particularly now as we know the CDC okayed her to fly with a fever?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm the same way. I got a really bad summer cold this summer. First time I've had any kind of cold like that in years and years. Ended up with "walking pneumonia" and a very bad ear ache after 2 weeks of trying to "walk it off" on my own. Springer finally made me go to the doctor after 2 weeks. He was checking my temperature through-out that time. I never made it up to normal body temp. I'm ALWAYS below temperature. So there I was with my ear drum about to burst from infection and full upper respiratory distress and I still wouldn't have qualified as "symptomatic" according to this particular criteria.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: SomePeople

Seriously? Using this to bolster a political agenda or slam one? Unbelievable.

think I misunderstood your post. I first thought you meant I was pushing an agenda - sorry for the mistake.
edit on 15-10-2014 by SomePeople because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join