It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

This getting bad, if hospitals starts to get into lock down every time they get a possible ebola case Texas is going to have a problem with emergency patients care.

Let no forget all the health car personnel that will stop showing up for work.

And also I will not leave the possibility of an exodus of people out of the state.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm gonna go out on a limb and take Phoenix Air for $500.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: halfpint0701

Sure looks like a gov't plane

And who's the idiot standing there without protective gear??

Look at the protection they're wearing, compared to what the nurses were probably wearing at Texas Presbyterian:

First off .....Lovebeck great catch and a great thead.......S&F
As you know I was a sick puppy awhile back and the second time I was hospitalized they put me in a room with
a guy whom just had his leg amputated. This was a room that could be sealed as in glass sliding door and no windows.
The very next night the Nurse walks in and and smells something wrong and immediately leaves the room.
10 minutes later three nurses come into the room wearing yellow full body suits and remove my bed from the room
and place me down the hall.
They were wearing full protection body suits with booties and face masks, They then moved me across the hall so I got out of bed to watch what was happening. They totally tore that room apart ......I mean the guys mattress and all his stuff was hauled out of there pronto.
All night long they worked on that room spraying some kind of liquid every where. I believe it was gangrene setting in but they never told me when I asked them.

My point is this was just for a common issue and not Ebola.......Why someone is allowed on a jet full of people with that kind of recent history boggles my mind.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 15-10-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall

I'm gonna go out on a limb and take Phoenix Air for $500.

Cartersville-based Phoenix Air, which transported previous Ebola patients to metro Atlanta, would not confirm it is flying the Dallas nurse here as well. However, the company is the only operator that does this type of transport.

Phoenix has done about a dozen Ebola-related missions, and now has a contract with the State Department to be on call 24/7 on 12-hour notice.

But if the Ebola problem broadens, said Randy Davis, Phoenix Air’s general counsel, “We are concerned about getting overwhelmed” and the company is equipping an additional Gulfstream III aircraft for the transports. “It’s a challenge and we’re trying to rise to the occasion.”

The aircraft are specially-equipped to transport the patients. As of yet, “We have had no problems,” Davis said. The company’s employees are all fine, he said. [Source]

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wait, CNN just reported that the CDC told her it was okay to fly back to Dallas.

Is this accurate?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Holy Contagion Batman!!

2 students were on the same flight as Ebola Nurse number 2, this town, is roughly 41 miles and minutes from me. Just a hop, jump and a skip away down i-35

Temple Scott & White will be the "Designated" hospital.

I know, I know ebola hard to catch, blah blah blah blah, but my 'ebola free zone' from dallas just shrunk literally in half.

*hope I used the right smilie emoticon thingie, I can never figure out what these damn things are*

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Oh geez. It can't be? Although, weren't about 70 healthcare workers in isolation after the first nurse came down with it? I've lost the thread on the timeline of her illness and the second one's trip.

I just read the plane finally got grounded in Cleveland after doing a big loopty loop. Insanity.
edit on 10/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Wait, CNN just reported that the CDC told her it was okay to fly back to Dallas.

Is this accurate?

w...t....f????

I've got money on this is true. Even if the statement disappears, I'm betting some worthless hind tit at the CDC said, yep, my checkbox says 100.4...you're good to go! The cow still isn't off the hook though. She should never have traveled at this time.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I would have posted sooner but I was on the phone to my stock broker ordering 100,000 shares of Phoenix Air.
Now that I am a billion air I will be ready to fly out of here on my own jet.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Ha. In August I actually drove up there. Nothing to see. Pretty innocuous, but apparently they're very into rendition flights and the like.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
a reply to: halfpint0701

My question now is, shouldn't precautions also be taken with passengers who flew on that plane back to Cleveland the next day? Yes, the plane was "cleaned" but not cleaned like is being done now.

Good point and might I ask what about the cleaning crew and their families?
I doubt the cleaning crew knew just what a deathly situation they were involved in.

Regards, Iwinder

That's what I was trying to say.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

Yes and 100.4 is the new parameter for transmission, lowered from something else before. They don't know if it won't be lowered still...it was a totally clueless and derelict call.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
uuuuuuuuuugh now in Amarillo TX is in lockdown because a patient is showing Ebola like symtoms and has been in contact with someone who reciently from Africa, and a heathcare worker is in isolation

Hospital is Baptist St Anthony's

News source, my local ABC station KXXV during their news broadcast. A last minute blurb before the end of the show.
edit on 15-10-2014 by Justaposter because: needed to add a source.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just adding to the advice of the CDC, I just heard Chris Matthew say that the second nurse called them-theCDC-suspecting that she was infected. They told her to fly and, if true, they told her to fly symptomatic.

Talk about making things worse!

link   

Yes and 100.4 is the new parameter for transmission, lowered from something else before. They don't know if it won't be lowered still...it was a totally clueless and derelict call.

That's less than two degrees off-normal.

My 'normal' body temp is 96.8 (and I'm accused of dyslexia for it). Not everyone rides the same line.

Just sayin's all.

link   
CONFIRMATION
Ebola nurse got CDC OK for Cleveland trip

DALLAS — The second Dallas nurse diagnosed with Ebola shouldn't have traveled on a commercial flight due to her exposure to the virus prior to her diagnosis, said Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But the CDC has now confirmed that it gave Amber Vinson permission to make a trip to Cleveland.

CNN is also reporting she was transferred to Atlanta because of fears the Dallas nursing staff was preparing to walk off the job.

Source

That she was approved to travel by commercial airline while symptomatic....is.....an OUTRAGE.

My apologies for SHOUTING!!!!
edit on 15-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
amarillo case needs its own thread plz

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

That she was approved to travel by commercial airline while symptomatic....is.....an OUTRAGE.

I don't believe you are going to get any arguments about your above statement.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

My 'normal' body temp is 96.8 (and I'm accused of dyslexia for it). Not everyone rides the same line.

Just sayin's all.

Hey me too! Matter of fact, "normal" temp reading is my fever.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter

originally posted by: Snarl

Just sayin's all.

Hey me too! Matter of fact, "normal" temp reading is my fever.

LOL I am not alone!!

I have to do a math drill with the doc anytime in sick. They wouldn't give me the time of day if I didn't work in the hospital. I MAKE them note my temperature in writing every time it reads 96.8 with a side note confirming it wasn't a dyslexic juxtaposition of numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join