It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
I assure you, your race wont matter enough to affect you. It will kill you black, white, latin, asian, pig, monkey, or gorrilla.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
originally posted by: LDragonFire
How about a nice prayer for the woman,

I AM praying for the woman...women...praying for Pham, too. They have brutally hard jobs, should be applauded for being on the front lines and putting their own lives at risk. (I don't applaud Vinson for putting OTHERS at risk, however.) And I am also praying for all of the health care workers who will be exposed to this...AND Duncan's family, who is in mourning (even though I think what HE did was wrong, too).

Just because I disagree with someone, or don't approve of their actions, or feel they have been negligent or stupid (or worse), does not mean I don't have compassion for them.

I don't think expecting accountability for someone's actions that put other people at risk is being negative. IT'S BEING RESPONSIBLE.

Now I think I have flogged the deceased equine mammal enough...and I'm going to leave this alone. Carry on with your obfuscations...hope you have a good time.
edit on 15-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

How about a nice prayer for the woman,

oh jesus my jesus[/dead poets]
please please please let this selfish, dumb as hell nurse who risked thousands of lives recover from her illness.
please baby jesus let this happen....

then baby jesus, please let her be brought up on charges...

there

happy?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

a reply to: NoAngel2u

To date how many people worldwide have been infected from a commercial fight? Or are you calling on her arrest based on fear mongering what ifs????
I am not calling for her to be arrested. Fear monger much? As far as how many people worldwide have been infected from a commercial flight? None that I'm aware of yet, but there are PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN INFECTED BY SOMEONE ELSE WITH EBOLA. It doesn't matter if on a plane or on a train, she acted negligently, and only time will tell if she risked others lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Have they said why they transferred the 2nd nurse to Atlanta. Is it because she's more ill than the previous nurse, or have they finally decided that hospital is not capable of handling this.

Did they confirm the type of contact she had with the patient? Did she have close contact with Duncan or was she just working in the same wing or area. I'd like to know more. Could she of felt she was at lower risk due to not touching him or not coming in close contact and yet now has still caught it?

I think she def should not of traveled. But to pile on her is interesting when you have a hospital that sent a man with a 103 temp home and a CDC whose own distributed guidelines have left everyone at that hospital at risk. Those two errors alone put the population at risk long before she got on a plane.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick
a reply to: xavi1000

Lol it's already predicted to reach 1.4 million without stopping? And the fatality rate is more around 90% because the WHO is counting ebola patients that are currently being treated as "survivors".

You attack CDC and now you trusting them ?
CDC are Wrong!

Maximum cases in US is approx 30 000 infected.10-15000 will die.More people commit suicide per year in US.Ebola is bad in one way only.Symptoms and time before death.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows

Did they confirm the type of contact she had with the patient? Did she have close contact with Duncan or was she just working in the same wing or area. I'd like to know more. Could she of felt she was at lower risk due to not touching him or not coming in close contact and yet now has still caught it?

there are links in this thread that cover that...
she was handling catheters and drawing blood.
is that close?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

Maximum cases in US is approx 30 000 infected.10-15000 will die.More people commit suicide per year in US.Ebola is bad in one way only.Symptoms and time before death.

i cant catch suicide from you though.
your points are not making me feel better

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You don't make any sense. Where is your logic? America is not equipped to treat over 100 people with ebola. Tell me how we would treat 30,000 patients while containing it and I'll believe you.

And what are you even talking about? I was surprised the WHO admitted that we will see this many patients. I'm confused where you think you "got me" on my logic.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And the third worst outcome is the effect on society, or effectively ending society. Are schools open in western Africa? How about commerce and trade? Has the medical industry there collapsed?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

i cant catch suicide from you though.
your points are not making me feel better

My points are facts.Nothing to do with your emotions.Ebola is not danger to US, people like you who spread panic and fear are more dangerous.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Lol man your cracking me up. You list facts that aren't even relevant. This is the beginning of ebola not the end.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick

Lol man your cracking me up. You list facts that aren't even relevant. This is the beginning of ebola not the end.

Nigeria is winning the war on Ebola and you are afraid of US which health care system is 3 classes above Nigerian can not handle Ebola ? Stupid nurses and guys like Frieden can only slow the victory.Frieden is only a tv puppet, other people are running the show.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

So basically we should expect a case in akron. She went to visit across country to see her fiancee.. one would expecr some affection. When they say you are not contagious unless symptomatic they mean leaking infectious fluid.. but if the virus is replicating in your body and you kiss someone you can infect them before symptoms manifest.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

My points are facts.Nothing to do with your emotions.Ebola is not danger to US, people like you who spread panic and fear are more dangerous.

no danger?
how can you say that?

up untill a couple weeks ago there was never ebola in the states? now the 1 person that came here with it from africa has already passed it on to 2 others...
one of those 2 decided to jump on a plane and travel across the country so yeah, i think there is a risk.

you say nigeria is winning the war.....well, they have only been fighting it 39 years.
no risk to the us....thats a joke

1 guy had it. he is dead. now 2 people have it and they got it from him...
you should be able to extrapolate from there

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

now the 1 person that came here with it from africa has already passed it on to 2 others...

2 that we know of..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You're creeping me out. I feel like I'm talking to a robot. Americas situation is far worse than Nigeria's now.

www.slate.com...

Again it won't matter because Africa's case is unstoppable. It's only a matter of when this will over take the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Well thanks for the reassurance, see I just found out that the ebola nurse infected airplane did a landing in Atlanta, my neck of the woods.

but is ok, Obama just told me that don't need to worry because I have not chance to get infected everything is peachy now.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Her fiancé will be next if they exchanged intimate time like the CDC was trying to hint. That will start the spread in that state.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Actually there was an outbreak of ebola in Virginia in the 80s. But it was a strain that only killed monkeys though it did infect a few lab workers.

Also this woman was irresponsible but she didnt know the first nurse was sick until she returned.

Im concerned about Vinsons fiancee. I bet he is sweating right now. May lose his fiancee and very likely be infected himself.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join