It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

No the worst thing that could happen to someone is contracting ebola and infecting a nation. A little family trip isn't worth risking the infection of hundreds of more people.

It would be logical because of her own knowledge of the situation to convict her after treatment. Especially if she does infect someone else. If those lead to deaths she should get the chair.

You are too politically correct. You need to broaden your thinking rather than looking at the fine print.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000
Taken from another thread

Be brave. Don't be afraid.

link

I've said a couple of times that I'm not afraid of the virus. And I'm not. But I am afraid of the breakdown of society when this thing gets out of hand (which I feel it very likely will).

And...more than that...I'm just mad as heck.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick

She has a 7 in 10 chance of dieing, so its unlikely you will see her imprisoned.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

does your link take into account the dumb ass people like this nurse that decide to fly after they have been exposed?

people in the states take flights to other parts of the states all the time for various reasons.
how many people from west africa fly around to other parts of africa?

im sure it does happen but not like in the states.

you factor in how fast people can travel around the states and you will see that its a different animal

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Your post makes me sick. This is how all things start. You say less then one percent and I say the numbers are starting to grow exponentially. You remind me of the mass media comparing this to 55,000 flu deaths per year. They aren't compare able because the flu is everywhere and ebola isn't. Once ebola IS everywhere that's when you can spit these uneducated stats my way.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The woman has just be diagnosed with Ebola about the worst thing that could ever happen to a person, and you all want he arrested if she survives. Guess it doesn't matter if she infected anyone or not right??

Right... and how many people did she expose to "the worst thing that could ever happen to a person?" How can you take issue with the officials for all of their bad decisions and lack of proper precautions, and NOT take issue with this nurse. She made a bad decision and did not take proper precautions, risking the lives of others. She could be brought up on charges for making bad decisions and not taking proper precautions and causing the death of a patient in her charge. SHE HAD A PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE A RESPONSIBLE DECISION AND TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS TO MINIMIZE HARM TO OTHERS.

If she survived, she should face charges.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The people she may have infected also have a 7 in 10 chance of surviving.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NoAngel2u

To date how many people worldwide have been infected from a commercial fight? Or are you calling on her arrest based on fear mongering what ifs????

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick

Your post makes me sick. This is how all things start. You say less then one percent and I say the numbers are starting to grow exponentially. You remind me of the mass media comparing this to 55,000 flu deaths per year. They aren't compare able because the flu is everywhere and ebola isn't. Once ebola IS everywhere that's when you can spit these uneducated stats my way.

No, the truth make you sick.When Ebola riches peanut allergies deaths i will be worried.
Heart disease: 596,577
Cancer: 576,691
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 142,943
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,932
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 126,438
Alzheimer's disease: 84,974
Diabetes: 73,831
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,591
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 39,518

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant
Good point, but still not passing the red line of Pandemic.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Of course her best defense is to show that even the President of the United States says you can't catch it sitting next to someone with it on the bus.

Is it really her fault she took the chance?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I'm not sure... How many people have been infected with a fatal virus on a flight? Not many. How many health care workers take a big ebola dump on a subway? Not many but that's basically what she did.

edit on 15-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

To date how many people worldwide have been infected from a commercial fight? Or are you calling on her arrest based on fear mongering what ifs????

Okay seriously...enough with the "arrest" crap.

She shouldn't be arrested because she did something incredibly stupid and irresponsible. She should, however, face criminal charges for her conduct...which may, or may not involve arrest and incarceration...but if so.....um.....YES to what we've said.

And NoAngel2u has said it best.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You cant jump to those conclusions. The transfusion Pham got wasnt just plasma it was plasma from an ebola patient meaning it has ebola antibodies. Ahe was a match with kent brantley.. I imagine the aecond nurse wasnt.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How about a nice prayer for the woman, for her and her family? Why the negativity? Why not the fear towards current medical employees working at the hospital, what if they stop at the grocery store on the way home from work? Or stop and pump gas? Or should all healthcare workers working in a hospital with a Ebola patient be quarantined??

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Lol it's already predicted to reach 1.4 million without stopping? And the fatality rate is more around 90% because the WHO is counting ebola patients that are currently being treated as "survivors".

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

to date how many people infected with ebola have hopped on a commercial flight?

youre acting like it is common practice.

the cdc said she should not have flown....she knew she should not have flown...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Of course her best defense is to show that even the President of the United States says you can't catch it sitting next to someone with it on the bus.

Is it really her fault she took the chance?

Thats the point I'm trying to make.

link   

Yes... They should not have contact with anyone for 21 days...

link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

Heart disease: 596,577
Cancer: 576,691
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 142,943
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,932
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 126,438
Alzheimer's disease: 84,974
Diabetes: 73,831
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,591
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 39,518

im just curious here so forgive me...but

how many of those things listed can be passed on to others via bodily fluids/contact?
see the difference?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join