It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Starling

No, good, is getting uglier and uglier by the minute.

Wait when the flu season starts, the symptoms are about the same as ebola in the beginning.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly

BSA Lockdown

as of 6:30
"...Officials at BSA tell Pronews 7 the Emergency Room is no longer on lock down.

And, they tell us the person the patient came in contact with had not traveled to an affected country in the last 21 day..."

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

How do you know Duncan was the only one coming from West Africa infected?...Texas is a huge state and this is a big world with lots of travelers going back and forth. Just because Duncan's the only one we know about doesn't mean scheit.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Unless we have some unknown person dying of ebola right now in some hidden area who else it could be.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The plane carrying a Dallas health care worker who contracted the deadly Ebola virus has arrived in at DeKalb-Peachtree Airport and the worker is on her way to Emory University Hospital.

ABC News has confirmed the patient’s identity as Amber Vinson.

Vinson is the second health care worker to be infected after treating a Liberian man, Thomas Eric Duncan, who died of Ebola last week at a Dallas, Texas area hospital.

Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, says Vinson traveled to Ohio before she knew that the first nurse had been diagnosed. She was undergoing self-monitoring at the time.

Vinson flew to Cleveland on Friday, the same day a colleague, nurse Nina Pham, was hospitalized. Pham's diagnosis with Ebola was disclosed on Sunday.

2nd health care worker brought to Atlanta
edit on 15-10-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Uh... speaking of travelers-

Obama: I Hugged and Kissed Ebola Healthcare Workers

Being reported on multiple sources.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

Somebody needs to get the best reliable information because as 6:56, it was still on lockdown and this is what it said.

A spokeswoman told Nexstar Broadcasting that the patient hasn’t traveled outside the country recently but did have contact with someone who has been to one of the three African countries in the heart of the Ebola outbreak.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

BSA Speaks
It was the only thing I could find that quotes BSA. I think I'd wait to reopen if I were BSA though...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So with first the nurse they tried to blame her and say she broke protocol... we later find out their protocol amounts to what you cover a 5 year old in before painting time along with mask for good measure, while in your own labs you handle Ebola test tubes that are sealed in hazmat suits.

Then, you publicly slam the 2nd nurse for traveling and allude to her leaving isolation unauthorized... and yet we later find out she called the CDC and they told her she was good to travel.

Stick-eye... we're onto you. Cut the crap and stop trying to find a scapegoat for the horrible handling of this situation.

If they keep this up, people won't die because the Ebola spread so fast it will be because:
1-Nurses will be scared to tend to patients.
2-Patients will be afraid to admit they're sick due to public backlash and being treated like a walking biohazard who has some secret agenda to infect is all.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oh, I am not going on you because the source, I am just showing that is two different stories, sorry if I sounded too hard.

we need to find something more reliable.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Right at the end of August I was at a Walmart in Cypress, Texas....and there was a Nigerian guy there getting a new cell phone. He was getting ready to fly to Nigeria to see his mother, had a cotton bandage on is arm where he had just done finished up health checkup so he could travel, he was leaving on a flight that night. I remember it sending chills through me at that time, wanting to ask him why he wanted to take the chance, but I didn't. He seemed so excited. And that was BEFORE Duncan. I know they reported Nigeria got its outbreak under control, but still.

My point is.... it's happening everyday, people travelling to and from Africa, all around us. Duncan wasn't the only one.

edit on 15-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue

I understand, but when you have ebola symptoms, trust me is not pretty, symptoms are gruesome, it can not be missed.

If the person in Amarillo contracted ebola from somebody else it means that other person is already very advance in his disease, meaning the diarrhea, vomiting , sores and bleeding can not be ignored.

Hopefully is just a false alarm, we do not need anymore cases around.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I agree totally with you, don't worry. One reason I try to follow the boards is because no one person could monitor the news feeds and information pools. We all need to be on top of discrepancies as they come up and try to resolve them because I'm afraid if we don't not too many other boards will.

I'm still trying to get my head around Fun Boy hugging and kissing the Ebola care staff. I wonder if that's not the real reason he cancelled that fund raiser.

And speaking of info overload, you guys want to parse these feeds?

Ohio health department tracking down Ebola patient Amber Vinson's contacts on plane, in state

Ohio Nurses flew With Texas Nurse

Plane Grounded

Obama Cancels Trip

I have got to take a break.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
then theres the whole open border thing.

it is Texas after all.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the links I will check them, the ebola issue is just getting very heated around here, every bit of information helps a lot.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Central Texas students on flight with nurse who has Ebola

BELTON, Texas (KCEN/KXAN) — A letter went home to parents of Sparta Elementary School and North Belton Middle School in Belton on Wednesday saying a student from each school were aboard the Frontier Airlines flight that was carrying Ebola-victim Amber Vinson.

“This afternoon we were made aware that one of our students traveled on Frontier Airlines Flight #1143 from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday and attended classes on Tuesday and Wednesday,” the letters read.

The siblings who traveled on the flight with their parents are not showing any symptoms but are being monitored by the Bell County Health Department of State Health Services.

The students are considered low risk because they didn’t have close contact with Vinson on the plane. After consulting with local and state health officials and the CDC, the district says there is no imminent risk to the rest of the children.
kxan.com...

“While we anticipate some parents keeping their kids home from school on Thursday, we’re encouraging parents and students to come to school,” said Belton ISD Superintendent Dr. Susan Kincannon.

The district said in a news conference later in the day that the students are not a risk to the public and will be allowed to return to school Thursday.

I provided this information as its realtime on how this is being handled by local authorites.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My big concern with this situation is that if the training, protocols and equipment were substandard for the nurses at the hospital, what is the competency level of their facilities personnel. All it takes is one shred of soiled gauze, or drop of fluid from a tube, gets consumed by the wrong animal / pest, and you will be rolling the dice to see how well the virus can survive in the wild in an American host. The media needs to be asking what has happened to every item used, what was the protocol, was it followed diligently by people who understood it. Is it enough?
They should be trapping and testing all rodents, bats and birds near both the hospital and Mr. Duncan's apt.
May Mr. Duncan's soul rest in peace, and thanks to the neighbor who persisted in eventually getting him to the hospital.

M

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue

Thanks for that information, what an idiot, but is ok, because CDC told her she could fly, what in the heck that woman was thinking she was not a child, she knew she was sick and still expose innocent people with a possible deadly infection.

I am so upset about children been caught up on stupidity.

Things in this country are going to become a wake up call for many people with children.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

At this point, I can't blame her at all. She only did what the CDC apparently told her was safe and given that they're the supposed experts, its really not her fault for believing them.

On the flip side, the CDC is looking frighteningly inept in this whole situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: k3d59

Uh... speaking of travelers-

Obama: I Hugged and Kissed Ebola Healthcare Workers

Being reported on multiple sources.

Great! Put both he, and dumb arssed purple shirt Judge, in the same isolation ward together...

Does what he said make me feel any more secure...NOPE...just shows me how arrogant and dumb he is.

I'm sure some of his golf buddies may not be calling for a tee off time as much as they used to, after hearing that.

Des

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join