It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

You can say this was bad protocol all you want. The fact is doctors in Africa are dropping dead every day because of this virus. You are telling me that hundreds of doctors in Africa are loosely placing masks on their faces after watching their best friend Bob drop dead?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: LDragonFire

Maybe they shouldn't be flying in a commercial aircraft with other people. That's what I got from the story.
That also happens to be just what she did.

Are people getting infected from commercial flights or from hospitals?

The only thing I'm arguing against is the calls for her arrest.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
And hearing from Kent State:

Kent State holds press conference to address Ebola

"...KENT, Ohio — Kent State University officials are expected to discuss the three employees who came in to direct contact with a Dallas nurse diagnosed with Ebola.

The three family members of Amber Joy Vinson were asked by the school to remain off campus for three weeks to self-monitor their health for any signs of the virus."

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That is a question for the CDC.
They say you can't be infected by a person through 'casual contact', or by a person that is not showing symptoms...
Yet they are contacting the 132 people that were on the flight with her.
Ask them why they are bothering.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
CNN is showing the 2nd nurse being removed from an ambulance--the men are in full Hazmat gear ... except for one little guy on that tarmac who wore a short sleeved shirt and no mask. Wolf Blitzer just commented on this.
edit on 15-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The only thing I'm arguing against is the calls for her arrest.

nobody here is calling for her to be arrested.
i think several people have said if she recovers she should face charges....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Are people getting infected from commercial flights or from hospitals?

to the flights.....we will find out in 2-21 days
to the hospitals.....yes
two nurses have ebola. they were exposed at the hospital

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

originally posted by: Thorneblood
The hysteria is strong in this thread!
I get the feeling half of you would start sacrificing Duncans family, the nursing staff and the CDC to some demonic power if it will make the badness go away. Take a deep breath people, you are still more likely to be shot today then catch Ebola tomorrow.

Answers:
-Ebola won't get to the US.

-If it would by chance get to the US, our hospitals can handle it.

-The CDC has got this all under control.

Oh, and

You can't get it by sitting next to someone on a bus.

Responses to Answers:

Whew.

Oh, good, no worries then.

That makes me feel SO much better.

I think I'll plan a bus trip.

Nope, (I know you're being sarcastic but I still had to point this out for those unaware) they're saying to use the 3 foot rule. There goes the "not by sitting next to someone on a bus theory as no cause for alarm" theory because that person is definitely closer than 3 feet ! An expert this morning was saying if this second nurse went to the grocery store, then the cashier is going to have to be contacted and traced because that is within the 3 foot rule.
edit on 15-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I'm calling for her to be arrested. Shove her into a prison. That should cut down the prison population and save some tax payer money

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Did anyone hear Dr. Shep's lecture this afternoon?

Shepard Smith Lectures Viewers as Ebola Continues to Spreads

edit on 15-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyalBlue

originally posted by: Jansy

originally posted by: Thorneblood
The hysteria is strong in this thread!
I get the feeling half of you would start sacrificing Duncans family, the nursing staff and the CDC to some demonic power if it will make the badness go away. Take a deep breath people, you are still more likely to be shot today then catch Ebola tomorrow.

Answers:
-Ebola won't get to the US.

-If it would by chance get to the US, our hospitals can handle it.

-The CDC has got this all under control.

Oh, and

You can't get it by sitting next to someone on a bus.

Responses to Answers:

Whew.

Oh, good, no worries then.

That makes me feel SO much better.

I think I'll plan a bus trip.

Nope, (I know you're being sarcastic but I still had to point this out for those unaware) they're saying to use the 3 foot rule. There goes the "not by sitting next to someone on a bus theory as no cause for alarm" theory because that person is definitely closer than 3 feet ! An expert this morning was saying if this second nurse went to the grocery store, then the cashier is going to have to be contacted and traced because that is within the 3 foot rule.

There go my fall vacation plans.

Should I maybe FLY instead?????

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick

I'm calling for her to be arrested. Shove her into a prison. That should cut down the prison population and save some tax payer money

Somehow, probably won't save anyone any money. Is rather funny that people harp about individual rights or liberties, but when it gets down to it, they throw that aside and only care about themselves. One wonders if from the get-go it isn't about what is moral or ethical, but just exceedingly high levels of selfishness and hypocrisy. Rather tarnishes the ideals that people seem to fight for, it's selfishness across the board. Selfish villains and selfish victims.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Got a scare here in Ohio:

AKRON, Ohio - City and airport officials say Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is disinfecting key areas of the facility and providing personal protection for equipment employees after learning that a passenger who departed there Monday has Ebola.

A statement from those officials says the airport is implementing its infectious disease protocol and that the steps it is taking exceed guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

READ THE LATEST ON THE EBOLA SCARE IN OHIO

The city says its emergency medical responders have added Ebola-specific questions to better screen incoming calls for medical help.

The Cleveland Department of Public Health says the passenger was visiting family in northeast Ohio to prepare for her wedding. She is a nurse in Dallas.

Multiple national media outlets have identified the woman as Amber Vinson.

Health officials say she visited family between Oct. 8-13 and flew Monday to Dallas.

Vinson has been part of the team treating Thomas Eric Duncan, the Liberian man who died of Ebola at Texas Health Presbyterian.

Kent State University in northeast Ohio says three of its employees are related to a Texas nurse who visited family in Ohio and flew from Cleveland to Dallas shortly before she was diagnosed with Ebola.

SPECIAL SECTION: Ebola Outbreak

A university statement says the woman stayed with her family in Summit County but didn't visit the Kent State campus. The school has asked those three employees to remain off campus for three weeks.

Passengers who were on Monday's Frontier Airlines Flight 1143 to Dallas with her have been asked to call the CDC.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

How that plays out will probably depend on how many infections turn up in Ohio. The buckeyes don't look real happy, .

Did you encounter Dallas Ebola patient Amber Joy Vinson in Ohio?

Smallwood v. State, 680 A.2d 512 (Md. 1996)

"...unlike the case where a Defendant has fired a deadly weapon at a vital part of a person’s body, death is not to the same extent a probable consequence of exposing a person to the HIV virus. In the cases cited as precedent by the state, the defendants have either made explicit statements that they intend to infect their victims with AIDS and have taken specific action demonstrating such intent..." might preclude prosecution but not guarantee immunity from civil action-especially since this was a person with a medical background. Nasty situation. Poor Mr. Duncan might have had a very bad time of it had he lived, God grant him peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
nobody here is calling for her to be arrested.
i think several people have said if she recovers she should face charges....

Yes you have, and she has been called a terrorist:

she was caring for duncan when he was sickest...so, why was she not on a watch list?

she should have been.

i think she should face charges. as a nurse that currently works in healthcare she needs to be held to a higher standard than others.

she knew she was exposed to ebola.....that means she knew she could have been infected....and, she traveled anyway.

being a selfish dumb ass is not a legit defense....

Another call for her arrest:

originally posted by: FlyersFan
IF this woman survives ... and if anyone gets infected because of her abject stupidity in jumping on an airplane and traveling while on 'Ebola Watch' ... then she needs to be prosecuted for assault or whatever the heck they can prosecute her with. Seriously.

And she is a terrorist:

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: FlyersFan

She is a terrorist, flyer, that is what she is a terrorist.

The woman has just be diagnosed with Ebola about the worst thing that could ever happen to a person, and you all want he arrested if she survives. Guess it doesn't matter if she infected anyone or not right??

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1

Somehow, probably won't save anyone any money. Is rather funny that people harp about individual rights or liberties, but when it gets down to it, they throw that aside and only care about themselves. .

should the rights of a few be stepped on to save the lives of a nation?

im sure everyone has their own answer.

i still fail to see how putting someone who was exposed to ebola in isolation is trampling on their rights...

i really dont think it is but people need something to complain about

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

Can you take a joke? I know this wouldn't be a money saver after medical bills geez. Anyway you will soon see how selfish people will become when they are starving. This will get to the point where people will risk getting ebola to rob someone's home of food.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yes you have, and she has been called a terrorist:

she was caring for duncan when he was sickest...so, why was she not on a watch list?

she should have been.

i think she should face charges. as a nurse that currently works in healthcare she needs to be held to a higher standard than others.

she knew she was exposed to ebola.....that means she knew she could have been infected....and, she traveled anyway.

being a selfish dumb ass is not a legit defense....

i dont see anything in there calling for her to be arrested.
i said she should face charges...thats not the same thing.

in a later post i clarified and said IF she recovers and one this ebola situation is under control then she should face charges..
flyers fan said she should face charges
marg said she is a terrorist....

i dont see anything about saying she should be arrested...

i have to ask and this is an honest question.

what is your problem

you are picking apart what people are saying and your reading comprehension is way off

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

. Guess it doesn't matter if she infected anyone or not right??

not really. not to me.
get a lawyer and fight it out..

if you open fire on a crowd you still face charges even if nobody dies
if you burn a building down you still face charges even if nobody dies...

if nobody gets infected cause of her thats great. the risk is there though.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Taken from another thread

Let's put this Ebola outbreak into perspective.

Facts:
1)The populations of Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone are respectively 4.3 millions, 11.75 millions, 6.1 millions. Total combined population is roughly: 22.15 millions.
2)In these three countries where most of the Ebola victims have been identified, 8000 have been diagnosed and 4500 have died.
3)The populations of these three countries live in densely populated area, and lack adequate sewage systems in their neighborhoods, sometimes running water. Their healthcare systems are primitive at best. Their populations are exposed to infected CORPSES lying in street, infected family members and neighbors.
4)Mortality rate has increased from 50% to 70%.

Analysis:

1)Even so we see a tiny fraction of .036% of the population getting infected and half of that dead over an 11 months outbreak.
2)So even living in these impoverished countries, your chance of dying from Ebola is minuscule in an 11 months period. Where are the millions of dead African???
3)With superior healthcare system, advanced sewage system in the US and Europe, the rate of infection and death should be VERY, VERY SMALL. There will be NO outbreak in USA or Europe.
4)TPTB has tried to scare the public again by announcing that the mortality rate has increased from 50% to 70%. This in fact is GREAT NEWS. It means that the virus has mutated into a dead end. For any parasitic organism, killing the host is a bad mutation. The higher the mortality rate the LESS likely it is for a person to be an ASYMPTOMATIC CARRIER. (Basic high school biology)
Repeat, this is a dead end mutation. This is GREAT NEWS.

Ebola doesn't look so fearsome after facts are examined, is it?

The real threat is the suspension of laws, civil rights, and grabbing of power by scaring the bejesus out of the population. Case in point: Connecticut. Everyone should be wary of this fear mongering. Everyday: ISIS, Ebola, ISIS, Ebola every fives minutes on TV. The real fear should be directed at The Power That Be.

Possible scenarios using Ebola fear mongering:
1)Crash market and bankers steal more money.
2)Escalate Syrian war.
3)Pass laws to clamp down internet.
4)Elect a traitor, globalist puppet as president of USSA.

Be brave. Don't be afraid.

link
edit on 15-10-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join