It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

So you think she should be charged? I think locking people up in jail for Ebola is the dumbest thing you could do at this point!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

So you think she should be charged? I think locking people up in jail for Ebola is the dumbest thing you could do at this point!

hell yes...

not saying deal with all that right now but once this little outbreak situation gets handled and everything is quieted back down then yes, charge her.....
why should she get a pass?

she knew she was exposed and she knew she might be infected.....
that should come with some penalty....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

If you put yourself in the shoes of the nurses, could you stand there taping your scrubs to gloves because that is what the CDC or your boss or head nurse is telling you to do? I want to know how in any nurses mind it was ok to walk into that ebola infested situation without being 100% confident that you were doing all you could to protect your OWN life and the lives of everyone around you. Surely they knew this wasn't right.

link   

link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I tell you what, right now only adults has been infected, wait when the first child comes down with ebola because the stupidity of one person, that is when people is going to ask for some heads.

Been blamed for the possibility of a spread of ebola in an entire state should be grounds for prosecution, now, that if the woman happen to survives the disease first.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
also, does it take 70 people to care for 1 person? i know ebola is nasty and it probably takes some work but cant 5 people do it? 10?

why 70?

I think they have multiple teams. Like two doctors, three nurses, three people to help clean up. Then another team comes once the first one's shift is over. Then another. Then they start mixing them up, according to the workers' day off?

I mean, I think it's overkill too, especially since they knew they were dealing with a disease that's highly contagious, making it stupid to expose so many people at once for only one patient, but logistically speaking, it makes sense that 70 people would have treated him/been around him at some point. I don't think these 70 people were ALL taking care of only him and nobody else.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildoracle13
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

If you put yourself in the shoes of the nurses, could you stand there taping your scrubs to gloves because that is what the CDC or your boss or head nurse is telling you to do? I want to know how in any nurses mind it was ok to walk into that ebola infested situation without being 100% confident that you were doing all you could to protect your OWN life and the lives of everyone around you. Surely they knew this wasn't right.

Probably because the nurses are being told the same as me and you , Don't worry its safe as long as we follow the protocols , I am surprised more of the nurses and health workers haven't walked out yet as they did in Spain .

Q

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

yea she should be charged... Her ignorance has put others at risk...

It is just a reflection of the stupidity and lacking the understanding of right and wrong, or just not caring has effected the sociology of mankind...

When idiots are idiots they need to be reminded they are idiots...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The CDC says she should not have flown.
CNN

The second Dallas health care worker who was found to have the Ebola virus should not have boarded a commercial jet Monday, health officials say. Because she had helped care for Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, and because another health worker who cared for Duncan had been diagnosed with Ebola, the worker was not allowed to travel on a commercial plane with other people, said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There is the official answer from the government.
I still don't trust the govt.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

hosted.ap.org...

On Monday, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the infection of the nurse means the agency must broaden the pool of people getting close monitoring. Authorities have said they do not know how 26-year-old nurse Nina Pham was infected, but they suspect some kind of breach in the hospital's protocol.

Until now, the CDC has been actively monitoring 48 people who might have had contact with Duncan after he fell ill with an infection but before he was put in isolation. The number included 10 people known to have contact and 38 who may have had contact, including people he was staying with and health care professionals who attended to him during an emergency room visit from which he was sent home. None is sick.

"If this one individual was infected - and we don't know how - within the isolation unit, then it is possible that other individuals could have been infected as well," said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the CDC. "We do not today have a number of such exposed people or potentially exposed health care workers. It's a relatively large number, we think in the end."

Caregivers who began treating Duncan after he tested positive for Ebola were following a "self-monitoring regimen" in which they were instructed to take their temperatures regularly and report any symptoms. But they were not considered at high risk.

Monday was the 13th. That was the day they extended their monitoring to include those healthcare workers working isolation. Amber Vinson left Dallas on the 10th and came back on the 13th.
edit on 15-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

i guess i can see how the numbers add up.
few docs on rotation. few nurses. intake people. cleanup people. people in the lab.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
the worker was not allowed to travel on a commercial plane with other people, said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control .

well, someone needs to own up to that.

now we have gone from she should not have flown to she was not allowed to fly

which is it?
edit on 15-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

but of course since she is black, we will all be racists for wanting her charged, talking about how sick our sociology is now..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76

but of course since she is black, we will all be racists for wanting her charged, talking about how sick our sociology is now..

black?

looked to be of the asian persuasion to me

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry if she followed there procedures she shouldn't have been infected. If the procedures failed thats on the government. She is a American with the right to travel, was she under a order to quarantine? What law did she break???

Lock some one up in a jail with Ebola and see what happens...crazy!
edit on 15-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

take another look...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Sorry if she followed there procedures she shouldn't have been infected. If the procedures failed thats on the government. She is a American with the right to travel, was she under a order to quarantine? What law did she break???

Too bad there isn't some sort of list of people who are not allowed to fly. Maybe call it a no-fly list...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

We lock people up for involuntary manslaughter when they do something stupid that kills others. We lock people up who have HIV/AIDS and purposely spread it and give it to others. We lock people up for drunk driving and putting others at risk of death on the roads.

Locking people up for knowingly spreading a deadly disease ...

No free passes.

link   

The first was Asian, the second was African American.

link   

Who is responsible for allowing 29 year old nurses with a couple years experience combined, to work with ebola patients? Where is the caution?????

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join