It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sounds like you all are advocating martial law? Suspend the right to travel, arrest the sick, arrest the suspected sick. Should we just quarantine all healthcare workers, because they might become sick???

Fear much?

Ebola scares me but how will arresting our way out of this work?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Sounds like you all are advocating martial law? Suspend the right to travel, arrest the sick, arrest the suspected sick. Should we just quarantine all healthcare workers, because they might become sick???

Fear much?

Thank you! Seriously thank you. I couldn't agree more. This is my 150th post and I'm done. Can't understand those here who expect a nurse to time travel into the future and know her fate.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So if you get the flu or any other disease and goto the doctor or hospital you would accept being arrested for spreading the disease. !

nobody is talking about going to the doctor with the flu and getting arrested. well, only you are.

flying across the country after you know you have been exposed to ebola is quite a bit different than the scenario you outline......you already know that though

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
Can't understand those here who expect a nurse to time travel into the future and know her fate.

she didnt need a time machine...all she needed to do was use her brain.
was i exposed? yes
is it possible i am infected? yes
should i travel across the country and possibly expose others? nope

^^^^^i came up with that all by myself. no time machine

she could have waited 3 weeks to finalize the flower arrangements

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I am the biggest skeptic that is out there, I was looking at ebola in a way that it was not the right way, I thought that our nation health care system was more prepared and more intelligent.

Ebola is not a regular disease, is a killer virus is a possible biological weapon because is not cure as today, yes is plenty of trial vaccines but they are held up in bureaucratic crap of property rights.

If you get ebola right now you probably will die, that is the truth, if you are lucky the plasma from one of the survivors of ebola doctors that took the ZMapp, can help but you blood type has to be A any other blood type are out of luck.

So yes, if this deadly disease keeps spreading with not control, we may see many, many deaths before the vaccine be ready, supposedly as per WHO it be in Jan.

We are a nation of stupid people that think they are invincible, this type of arrogance will be our own decimation.

I don't care about adults getting sick, but can you imagine when children starts to get sick in entire schools and die.

No, is not a joke this reality, our health care system is a piece of incompetent trash and the CDC is the real joke.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well guys I don't like to be overly dramatic, but all I can say is that I'm glad I'm not in the States because potentially this is game over for a lot of you.

You had one infected person - ONE - and your medical teams couldn't even contain that and have now gone and spread it God knows where.

It beggars belief with the panic about this disease that your CDC and every other expert over there didn't come down on that first case like a tonne of bricks, but it seems it's been handled incredibly laxly with no proper protocol or idea how it should have been handled, and then has been compounded by the utter stupidity of supposed healthcare professionals.

It might if you're lucky be that it hasn't spread further because it can't spread on an aircraft, etc, but it doesn't look good with 2 people who came into contact with patient zero now having it as well.

Good luck, and I agree - no matter how much money it knocks off the economy travel HAS to be restricted in some measure ASAP until the incubation period has elapsed, otherwise it could be everywhere and you'll never stop it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

No, I don't expect her to see into her future. And I really don't mean to sound like "Sword of Vengeance/Wrath of God" about this...but the fact remains she provided VERY intimate health care for a VERY sick man, dying of a horrible, contagious disease that has killed thousands of people...with a very high fatality rate.

I expect her to use caution, intelligence and prudence. She put other people at risk...including (one would think) her own loved ones, by doing something that was very irresponsible given her vocation and her recent activity on the job.

And....worst-case scenario here...if someone she came in contact with contracts the disease and (God forbid) DIES from it...shouldn't there be SOME modicum of accountability on her part??

I mean, sheesh, people...bleeding hearts are fine...but let's require a bit of accountability here.
edit on 15-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It won't matter if we contain this in America for now. The spread in Africa is too far gone. Once Africa is over taken by the virus people will flee to neighboring nations and infect the Western Hemisphere. At that point we would have to shoot people to prevent them from crossing over here. This will just have to go through its course.

It is very depressing to know this will be the reboot for earth. This will be the end of earth as we know it.

For those of you with hope your hope is flawed. A vaccination is pointless even if we were to come up with one in a couple months. Ebola mutates too quickly and we will have multiple strands by then. We already have two strands in the Congo and west Africa.

Some history: in early 2000 it was theorized and is now being accepted that ebola was the cause of the Black Plague. This is concerning because the Black Plague would come and go for the next 300 years. This would imply the same would happen with this strand as it mutates. This would require yearly vaccinations as if it were the flu.

Good luck to everyone in their endeavors. I feel as though there is not much point in living if this prediction comes true.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick

Well that certainly brightened up MY day.

I'm a worst-case scenario type of person, as it is. But your post just depressed the heck out of me.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

I'm a worst-case scenario type of person

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Very sensible

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a little off topic i guess but huffington is running a story with duncans nephew.

www.dallasnews.com...

On Friday, Sept. 25, 2014, my uncle Thomas Eric Duncan went to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. He had a high fever and stomach pains. He told the nurse he had recently been in Liberia. But he was a man of color with no health insurance and no means to pay for treatment, so within hours he was released with some antibiotics and Tylenol.

Thomas Eric Duncan was cautious. Among the most offensive errors in the media during my uncle’s illness are the accusations that he knew he was exposed to Ebola — that is just not true. Eric lived in a careful manner, as he understood the dangers of living in Liberia amid this outbreak. He limited guests in his home, he did not share drinking cups or eating utensils.
And while the stories of my uncle helping a pregnant woman with Ebola are courageous, Thomas Eric personally told me that never happened
. Like hundreds of thousands of West Africans, carefully avoiding Ebola was part of my uncle’s daily life.
And I can tell you with 100 percent certainty: Thomas Eric would have never knowingly exposed anyone to this illness.

link   
a reply to: Jansy

I'm sorry I am depressed on the matter also. I've have been researching a lot. Each time I dig deeper it becomes more depressing. I have spoken to multiple colleagues and professionals on the topic and it comes to the same conclusion. There are not many professionals (unless they are trying to prevent mass hysteria) denying that this will be a terrible outcome.

link   

Well that is what happen with Mr. Duncan he flew out of Africa infected thinking that in American he was going to survive, I hope he was comfortable enough before passing away, because is very sad that the nation that is supposed to be the leader in technology could not even help him.

Right now is thousands and thousands of people from poor ebola ridden countries dying, and more trying to do anything to get a visa into the US

Very sad in deed, that it have to take a big affluent country scare of wide spread contagion to get a vaccine ready.

What that tells you.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I read a different story coming from Liberia from people that knew him while he was living in that country and is not what the Nephew is telling.

That is the reason that the authorities in Liberia wanted to charge him for leaving the country and lying about his sickness.

He, knew he was sick.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
Can't understand those here who expect a nurse to time travel into the future and know her fate.

Straw man.

There is a good reason for being on quarantine when you've been exposed to a contagious and extremely deadly disease. The point is that no one knows if they are going to get it or not and therefore they should not be around people until they are clear of it. Common sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I too am a couple hrs from Dallas and this has got me very concerned. This has been mishandled from day one and seems to continue to be. They certainly are not getting this under control, and still haven't shut down flights. Just thinking about the shear amount of contacts that may have happened is scary. Yet they are still in cover up mode. While I understand the need to keep people from panic they need to get people concerned. Too many are complacent about it all. And get all these people quarantined! It's apparent that self monitoring and voluntary quarantine are not working. How many more people have to get infected before they get their heads out if their butts? The level of incompetence and downplaying the severity is becoming surreal. I hadn't looked at anything today until a little while ago. The first thing I see is this second patient and so many critical errors coming to light.

a reply to: grumpydaysleeper

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I read a different story coming from Liberia from people that knew him while he was living in that country and is not what the Nephew is telling.

That is the reason that the authorities in Liberia wanted to charge him for leaving the country and lying about his sickness.

He, knew he was sick.

of course he knew he was sick.
this is just the nephew back peddling with a little bit of coaching from our favorite race pimp jj

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sounds like you all are advocating martial law?

Another straw man.

Already asked and answered. Anyone who knowingly puts the lives of others at risk are arrested ... be it HIV transmission or drunk driving or erecting shoddy buildings etc etc. Ebola transmission is no different and should be treated the same.

Arresting those who travel and who know they are within the quarantine 'ebola watch' time period is SMART. If the idiots don't care about the lives of others, then get them the heck off the streets. It's safer for humanity.

What this woman did was freak'n ignorant and selfish.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Sounds like you all are advocating martial law?

Another straw man.

Arresting those who travel and who know they are within the quarantine 'ebola watch' time period is SMART. If the idiots don't care about the lives of others, then get them the heck off the streets....

I don't think that is SMART at all, I think you're putting the horse after the cart.

By the time the "idiots who don't care about other people" have been on an airplane or exposed other people to it - it's ALREADY TOO LATE.

You need to stop it from even being possible for that to happen - stop all travel immediately.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
a little off topic i guess but huffington is running a story with duncans nephew.

www.dallasnews.com...

On Friday, Sept. 25, 2014, my uncle Thomas Eric Duncan went to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. He had a high fever and stomach pains. He told the nurse he had recently been in Liberia. But he was a man of color with no health insurance and no means to pay for treatment, so within hours he was released with some antibiotics and Tylenol.

Thomas Eric Duncan was cautious. Among the most offensive errors in the media during my uncle’s illness are the accusations that he knew he was exposed to Ebola — that is just not true. Eric lived in a careful manner, as he understood the dangers of living in Liberia amid this outbreak. He limited guests in his home, he did not share drinking cups or eating utensils.
And while the stories of my uncle helping a pregnant woman with Ebola are courageous, Thomas Eric personally told me that never happened
. Like hundreds of thousands of West Africans, carefully avoiding Ebola was part of my uncle’s daily life.
And I can tell you with 100 percent certainty: Thomas Eric would have never knowingly exposed anyone to this illness.

Sounds like the family may be trying to cover up Mr. Duncan's (and their) negligence. That story about him helping the pregnant woman did not come out of nowhere. There was some basis for it and although I feel sorry for this nephew and the rest of his family, I think they may have known, too, and are now in cya mode.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join