It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

I did not think Nina Pham or Amber Vinson was on the list of those being monitored on the 10th. I'm looking for that link. If this is the case then Amber Vinson is not guilty of anything criminal.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

That's the thing tho, even though I know better, I usually hope that things will be a lil less "yahoo comments section" around here.

I guess I jusr want everyone to keep in mind that over reacting to situations like this can open us up to more control and tighter restrictions that may never be relaxed.

So far I have seen the following openly suggested:
Closing all American borders - no one in means no one out either.
State border checkpoints run by national guard/army - Well we finally have a use for all our tanks.
Invasive medical tests at all major airports and community event locations - We start with Ebola checks, we stop when and where?
Isolation camps - Fema and the CDC, taking Americans to camps for the protection of its citizens. I am going to have to listen to people sayong Alex Jones and Jesse V were right?!

TSA anyone?
edit on 15-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

So a health worker that performed care, including (apparently) catheterization, on an Ebola patient who DIED from the disease:

a) wasn't on anyone's radar for monitoring of symptoms
b) didn't even consider the fact that she might possibly be in jeopardy of contracting the disease

So both institutional incompetence and personal incompetence are in play. But I was not aware that personal stupidity was ever grounds for defense in criminal prosecutions. I still say, if she lives, she should be held liable.

And I don't intend to change my view, even within the bounds of pity.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru

I did not think Nina Pham or Amber Vinson was on the list of those being monitored on the 10th. I'm looking for that link. If this is the case then Amber Vinson is not guilty of anything criminal.

she was caring for duncan when he was sickest...so, why was she not on a watch list?

she should have been.

i think she should face charges. as a nurse that currently works in healthcare she needs to be held to a higher standard than others.

she knew she was exposed to ebola.....that means she knew she could have been infected....and, she traveled anyway.

being a selfish dumb ass is not a legit defense....

link   

originally posted by: Jansy

So a health worker that performed care, including (apparently) catheterization, on an Ebola patient who DIED from the disease:

a) wasn't on anyone's radar for monitoring of symptoms
b) didn't even consider the fact that she might possibly be in jeopardy of contracting the disease

So both institutional incompetence and personal incompetence are in play. But I was not aware that personal stupidity was ever grounds for defense in criminal prosecutions. I still say, if she lives, she should be held liable.

And I don't intend to change my view, even within the bounds of pity.

The y should have never had 70+ people taking care of Duncan.
How could they ever police 70+ people.
Vinson is a total idiot for getting on a plane.

But chances were good that at least one of the 70+ was a total idiot.

link   
I remember the CDC saying that all staff at the hospital that attended Duncan would be monitored, after Nina Pham was diagnosed.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i did a scan of the last 7 pages to see if this was posted didn't see it , just posting whatever info i can.

just got back from work

right click open image in new tab to read

Q

edit on 15/10/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Great question.
Now, with each new infection, the numbers multiply.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If she knew she had a fever and she got on that airplane ... she's guilty of assault.
If she didnt' know ... then she's guilty of being an idiot.
Involuntary manslaughter ... people who do stupid things that get others killed.
If anyone catches ebola from her .. involuntary manslaughter. IMHO

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well 2gd2btru's point was that Amber flew the day Nina was diagnosed. (Did I get that right, 2gd2btru??)

But it still doesn't abrogate her of any responsibility. She's a freaking NURSE. She handled bodily fluids from an Ebola patient. I don't give a hoot in Hades what the stupid CDC's protocols were...what she did was criminally stupid, irresponsible, whatever you want to call it.

Nurses are not rocket scientists, but they have SOME sense. She was selfish, pure and simple. And she should be held accountable.
edit on 15-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

If she knew she had a fever and she got on that airplane ... she's guilty of assault.
Involuntary manslaughter ... people who do stupid things that get others killed.

Can i just say? if i was running the hospital in dallas.... EVERYONE that was involved with treating the deadly disease patient should be monitored maybe quarantined for 21 days and my number 1 rule would be ... NO AIRPLANES

It is madness unfolding

Q

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes, but they should have contacted her immediately and had her quarantine in place, instead of letting her fly in a plane full of people after she may or may not have developed a fever (depending on which story you want to believe).
I fault the CDC.

link   
So how many of these 70 people that treated Duncan will be or is likely to be infected? Isn't this the same way Ebola is being spread in Africa? But didn't the government say that it wouldn't spread like that here in the states?

Is the government blaming the staff instead of blaming the procedures? Have there procedures completely failed?

link   
I do not think her blood is going to match the guy with the super blood either... I am not to impressed with this woman's judgement... OR she knew she was sick with ebola, and decided to go say good bye I dunno..

Logically that makes sense... To be honest I would think a Nurse had to take a vow to protect and save lives...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

even if she didnt have a fever when she got on the plane, she knew she was exposed and could start running a fever. she got on a plane anyway.
anyway you slice it, this lady risked others.

also, does it take 70 people to care for 1 person? i know ebola is nasty and it probably takes some work but cant 5 people do it? 10?

why 70?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I mean if anything man, West africa, should be a damn learning ground that you cannot protect yourself enough from getting infected. hell Doctors over there are getting the disease and dying!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Gully

Great question.
Now, with each new infection, the numbers multiply.

Apparently that's the number of staff involved in direct care of Duncan. Seems like the biggest mistake yet. Allowing 70 or more people contact with the guy. I thought it was isolation and quarantine and such. Don't forget the nurses didn't even wear much protection.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
I do not think her blood is going to match the guy with the super blood either... I am not to impressed with this woman's judgement... OR she knew she was sick with ebola, and decided to go say good bye I dunno..

Logically that makes sense... To be honest I would think a Nurse had to take a vow to protect and save lives...

And use her brain for something other than to keep her hair in place.
edit on 15-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Doctors over there are getting the disease and dying

I realized that something was wrong with this strain of Ebola when the leading expert on the virus contracted it and died. If he wasn't safe, we're all screwed.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76

this is a good point m8 ,

If you want the authorities to deal with this situation properly they must make tough decisions , if that was you or me that suspected we had contracted Ebola what would we do in this situation? , I for one would not endanger people I love , nor fellow humans but we are not all the same.

We can't fall into the trap of blaming the individuals , this is easy , this is what tptb want us to think and are constantly directing us to think, ( they didn't follow protocol etc )

people with the scientists , money and resources .. aka the people we vote to better our society ( Stifled laugh)
They are to blame

although maybe no matter how hard they try our arrogance of superiority will eventually kill us ..

Q

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join