It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Deal with the Sentient Plasma Spheres?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So, it appears that science (Condign, Hessdalen, Persinger, et al) has begun to recognize an illuminous plasma-type phenomenon that is capable of a cohesive state much longer than previously thought. So that's a good start to answer a lot of questions and shed light--ahem--on various sightings.

We also have peer-reviewed statements about the "life-like" abilities of plasma to organize into systems.

Either way it goes, it seems that we are on the verge of a much better understanding of some our most profound mysteries to include issues of the GREAT Conundrum: Consciousness.

The British ufologists have been way ahead of the rest of us in recognizing this area of study, to the point that it seems their work helped their own government begin to get a grasp on some core observations about UAPs (a term coined by Jenny Randles it's said.) That particular designation (UAP) is all over the CAIPAN syllabus, too. However, at least some of the government scientists obviously had some handle on the physics pretty early on as evidenced by the Project Kugleblitz article below, if it was/is a genuine project.

Does all of the above have enough impetus to pursue whether this aggregate of phenomenon might also reveal a framework that does contain, or is capable of developing, conscious life? It does for me, especially when considering other information and historical reports. And that, for me--history that is--is the next stop when considering not only the questions presented here, but the UFO phenomena as a whole. Some articles for consideration from Fortean Times:

Project Kugelblitz
Evidence that the US military planned to harness the power of ball lightning

Unfriendly Fire - Ball Lightning and UFOs

Unidentified Atmospheric Phenomena
Seeing the light

Sentient Fireballs and Biting Lights

ETA: Looks like FT has prevented me from linking directly to the articles, lemme see if I can fix 'em...Got the first two fixed, the other two will google up just fine.

edit on 12-10-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
Hi all.

I don't know if this footage has ever been debunked, but I find it absolutely fascinating. There are claims it was done before CGI was readily available, but I cannot vouch for the veracity of it. Certainly one of the more interesting orb videos.

I remember catching that family's story on some TV show before the plasma/UAP thing had caught my attention. The dad did come across as genuinely frightened and the video is pretty intriguing on first glance. Enough to investigate further anyway. Thanks for the share.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Plasma could in someway be the seeders and maintainers of life Universally. Maybe where we find Plasma we will find other life forms. Periodically they may guide civilizations towards an evolutionary leap, pushing us towards a better understanding of our place in the Universe. They could be the inspiration behind the whole Construct.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think the concern with such phenomena has to be more as a potential medium for the projection of intelligence, or even as a means of conveyance for trans-localized intelligence, rather than the spontaneous arising of intelligence, that would accord rather better with the traditional association with Faerie folk from the Land of Elsewhere.

It is of course possible by tradition to interact with or attract the attention of Faeries, and we might presume that if their mode of manifestation is through such electro-magnetic phenomena then their perception and recollection of what has occured is gong to be somewhat jangled, with temporal and memory dislocation.

What FL seems to hint at is that we have developed similar technological capabilities ourselves, and thus if we are using them as probes and propulsion systems to penetrate airspace in a surveillance capacity then that could be the same phenomena we have experienced over the centuries, the watchers.

Mil-Orbs

New Generation of Deceptive Weapons

edit on Kpm1031284vAmerica/ChicagoSunday1231 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've had one buddy I've been friends with for a long tell me about his plasma ball experience, was kind of shocking to hear it from. Long story short, his dog had gone missing for a day or two in the country side, and couldn't find him. Him and a friend of his said they saw a ball of light, and my buddy responded with the dogs name, and supposedly responded for a moment before disappearing.

I never had an incident with a small floating ball of plasma moving around like it were ghost, as for Ufos that another story. Also, I think the very nature of chi, qi(ki), kundalini, or whatever name makes it sound special, seeing as how religions concerned, is a weird form of plasma in our bodies.

Since plasma is considered to be a gas that being charged with energy then this could hugely be in a large assortment of many life forms. Our physical bodies are bio-chemical reaction machines, breaking down solid states of food into liquid gases or chemical storage to be used when necessary when our bodies are doing work, which is kind of "restorative" in alchemist view. Nerve endings are pretty much electrical conductors sending signals throughout it entire system at incredibly fast speeds, and probably more of solid liquid in it state. In one mere millisecond you got thousands of nerve ending firing off, burning or transforming energy into another state.

However, in most scientific view plasma, it just seems to be more destructive, or de-generative then re-generative. Im no brain surgeon.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

You bring up a very interesting point by mentioning 'Kundalini'.
I was part of a 'Kundalini cult for a long time, and the only
'status' obtainable was to master 'Kundalini'.

Only; about 99.9% of what you can read about 'Kundalini' is
pure crap. And the very best material, which you can find
only in Tantra and in certain of the more ancient Hatha yogas,
and of THAT, about 80% of that is wrong and the other 20%
is misunderstood.

So of course being the obsessive mad-scientist that i am, I
simply HAD to master that material/process; and in my
case to 'master' meant I had to understand it in great part
in terms of science.

Well the reason I went through that, was so that I could answer
two things that you said;

1) yes, 'mysticism' is the art of learning to work with plasma
entities in your body. Nothing more fancy than that. Of course
people think that the feelings of 'sentience' are 'theirs'; they
think that they are working with THEIR 'soul', 'spirit', 'higher
self' or what not. Only they aren't. They aren't working with
'demons' or what not either. There is no such things as
'personal' in this universe, not really --- everything is shared..
all 'being' is shared.. and composed of many streams.

Your observation about 'plasma' is right on.... it's more of a
blanket phrase. Sure in traditional science 'plasma' might
mean a mixture of gas, protons, ions, electrons.. and that's
cool. But that's not the only 'plasma' out there.. that is just
one example... though as you mentioned, our bodies are
simply full of free electrons and ions. But the extra
interesting point is in 2) below:

2) One of the more critical stages of so-called 'ascension'
is the mixing of let's call them 'plasma energies' with the
GASES in the stomach. If you don't do this stage right,
then the 'sexual plasma' won't gain the ability to travel
the body to the brain and mate with the... um... let's
call it 'sky plasma' and form an offspring.

I've always wondered why it was so important for the 'energy'
to mix with the gas in the stomach..

What mystical people don't realize, is that so-called 'full'
"kundalini awakenings' are designed to birth a plasma
entity.. and for 'plasma' to form, we need a gas component.

'Ascension' is for the plasma entities.. not organic humans..
the human is just the incubator of the worthwhile entities..
that's how humans are viewed far and wide. "nobody"
talks to us, because for them, we are not worth talking
to... almost nobody talks to their toaster for example..

Your post jogged my memory of that process...

Well I hope someone found that interesting.. since I don't
want to write a book or gain notoriety i'm forced to leak
things slowly over a few hundred posts on ATS. And on
ATS I'm kept humble, because so many tear at others
like rabid dogs. If I were part of a small group or what not,
it would all go to my head and ruin me.

;-)

Kev

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Ill be honest, my view on mysticism are rather doubtful on its claims to control supernatural forces, much like how religion has little control on the forces of heaven, or making it rain so crops could grow. Or how a powerful kingdom could do little to control the tides, to prevent it from being flooded.

It no different then giving a destructive force a name so a culture could give a name to their destruction, or creative for that matter.

As I said earlier, anyone could give kundalini whatever name they want, where the perception of beauty is in the eye of beholder here. Catholics or Christians would call it the Holy Ghost, Muslims would probably call it blessings from Allah, while yogi in India would obliviously call it Kundalini. In some Eastern views, it could be viewed as opposing force constantly trading blows with each other. Yin or Yang, positive or negative, or the TIger and the Dragon.

As for entities beyond our ideas of ether living or dead, I think Shakespeare wrote it down.

“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Nah, that seems silly to invert the deal like that. We have plenty of anecdotal and medical data that support that what people are seeing is manufactured by their brains, and we have 0 of "these things", by which I take you to mean, what? Living plasma creatures?

Great theory. Too bad it all falls apart when there are multiple witnesses involved in the sighting.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Oh you are singing to the choir here.

Not one single "mainstream" word about spirituality, mysticism or religion
on this entire planet is true.

And as for what I say, I don't care if one living person finds the slightest
value in it.

Someday, if humans survive the next few centuries, perhaps science will
make all our speculations completely moot.

Kev

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Sometimes there are multiple witnesses literally miles apart
which see the same phenomenon. You can only stretch that
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy or trans cranial induction theory
so far... not to mention the radar evidence.. radiation
evidence..

Kev

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Would you explain your thoughts on the one link in your signature line please;

I can't IMAGINE how dressing up some technology to look like a plasma ball
could have any useful strategic military purpose?

It's like trying to smuggle Santa Claus across a border by dressing him up
as the Easter Bunny.

(scratch head)

Unless ALL the governments of the world believe in these 'orbs'/'intelligences'
in orbit, and thus if the US government say can 'impersonate a deity' so to speak
then they can run the world..

Kev

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Have they been known to heal?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Have bubbles been known to burst...

edit on 12-10-2014 by Maghda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

My thoughts, well lets consider this, that we are reaching the same technological levels that enabled an advanced extra-terrestrial race to install a monitoring and observation system based on generating electro-magnetic information relay conduits from hardware located deep underground and powered by the Earth's natural energies.

The fact that 'mysterious lights' are associated with very ancient sites is simply down to the fact that is were the subjects for observation were congregated, so it made sense to install the systems in that locality, they may also have had the site chosen for them due to it's geological suitability, hence the Faeries and the ancient burial mounds.

So an Earth based monitoring system possibly capable of distant remote control, the intelligence behind the Faerie lights, seemingly with a sense of humour, it might also be considered that such information relay conduits have the capacity to interact with the human mind if in close proximity and introduce narrative as memory, but you should never believe anything the Faeries say, by tradition.

There is every indication this is the weird science that is in the current experimental stage, that the effects with regards to the human mind and inducing mystical paradigm shifting experience are being tested, initial developments in it could date back as far as the 1940's and the Foo Fighters which have remained Highly Classified, but still if people want to believe in weird critters, spiritual energies and Faeries i guess that's more reassuring all things considered.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm guessing these are mostly hallucinations or improperly perceived stimuli. Some stories sound like eye-flashes and floaters, which are ophthalmic in origin.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Too bad it all falls apart when there are multiple witnesses involved in the sighting.

Michael Persinger has one of the most developed theories as to how it may be possible to have multiple witnesses involved in a "sighting".

Have you ever seen this? It's just an hour long.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexball
I'm guessing these are mostly hallucinations or improperly perceived stimuli. Some stories sound like eye-flashes and floaters, which are ophthalmic in origin.

Many, I'm quite sure you are right, but have you dug into the issue at any depth or is that off the cuff?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
There is every indication this is the weird science that is in the current experimental stage, that the effects with regards to the human mind and inducing mystical paradigm shifting experience are being tested, initial developments in it could date back as far as the 1940's and the Foo Fighters which have remained Highly Classified, but still if people want to believe in weird critters, spiritual energies and Faeries i guess that's more reassuring all things considered.

I'll second that with a big "heck yeah." I don't even include FL (Forgotten Languages) material in my musings because, as you probably know, there's all kind of evidentiary information that make that a good candidate for further research. Foo-Fighters, good one. I was planning to bring them up (still am) because the military recognizes and doesn't deny them, and the reports are numerous and robust and...remember that Project Kugleblitz story from Fortean Times? It's also a fact that the Navy, especially, has experimented with "steered" plasmas. They got real hush-hush on it a few years back and their research continues.

Much less sure am I about the question of plasma intelligences, but I must say that in my opinion the evidentiary items in that category continue to show promise and even Science itself seems to be inching ever closer towards the mind-blowing possibilities inherent in the quantum equation.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The following reports are excerpted from the work of Don Berliner, who compiled a listing of the "unknowns" from Project Bluebook. They are direct quotes from the Project. If you haven't read it before, I think it's worth reading the whole thing no matter your particular POV.

I pulled some of the ones that might(?) relate to the topic of discussion here. "Unknown," of course, only means they couldn't find an "Ocaam" so to speak.

There's a hundred or so, so I'll only post a partial list. If the OP thinks it's too much text, I won't post the rest. Of course you can also just go to the link and read the whole list (maybe 600 or so cases, formatted like these:

Project Bluebook "Unknowns"

You may also catch some names you know not only in my excerpts, but by reading all of them. Quite interesting that. Okay, here we go.

July 10, 1947; Harmon Field, Newfoundland, Canada. Between 3 and 5 p.m. local time. Witnesses: three ground crewmen, including Mr. Leidy, for Pan American Airways. Watched briefly while one translucent disc- or wheel-shaped object flew very fast, leaving a dark blue trail and then ascended and cut a path through the clouds.

Sept. 23, 1948; San Pablo, California. 12 noon. Witnesses: Sylvester Bentham and retired U.S. Army Col. Horace Eakins. Two objects: one, a buff or grey rectangle with vertical lines; the other a translucent "amoeba" with a dark spot near the center. The arms of the "amoeba" undulated. Both objects traveled very fast.

Dec. 3, 1948; Fairfield-Suisan AFB, California. 8:15 p.m. Witness: USAF Sgt., control tower operator. One round, white light flew for 25 seconds with varying speed, bouncing motion, and finally a rapid erratic climb.

July 24, 1949; Mountain Home, Idaho. 12 noon. Witness: Henry Clark, manager of a flying service, flying a Piper Clipper. Seven delta-shaped objects, 35-55' in span, 20-30' long, 2-5' thick; light colored except for a 12' diameter dark circle at the rear of each. They flew in a tight formation of twos with one behind, and made a perfect, but unbanked, turn. During the 10 minute sighting, they displayed decreasing smooth oscillations. Clark's engine ran rough during the sighting, and upon landing was found to have all its spark plugs burned out.

Feb. 24, 1950; Albuquerque, New Mexico. 1:55 p.m. Witnesses: Municipal Airport Weather Observers Luther McDonald, Harrison Manson. One white, slightly elongated oval was watched for 1.5 minutes through a theodolite while it flew straight and level.

Sept. 20, 1950; Kit Carson, Colorado. 10:49 a.m. Witness identified only as a "reliable source". Two large, round, glowing objects and three smaller, internally lit objects. Two hovered for 1 minute, moved, and three smaller ones came from behind or within the two larger objects, and all sped upward and away.

Nov. 5, 1950, Oak Ridge, Tennessee. 11:55 a.m. Witness: Fairchild Aircraft illustrator Don Patrick. One translucent object, light grey with dark core, shaped like a pear or bean. Flew for 5-10 minutes with rapid, darting movements.

Jan. 12, 1951, Ft. Benning, Georgia. 10 p.m. Witness: U.S. Army 2nd Lt. A.C. Hale. One light with a fan-shaped wake remained motionless like a star about 20 minutes and then sped away.

Oct. 2, 1951; Columbus, Ohio. 6 p.m. Witness: Battelle Memorial Institute graduate physicist Howard Cross. One bright oval with a clipped tail flew straight and level, fading into the distance after 1 minute.

March 23, 1952; Yakima, Washington. 6:56 and 7 p.m. Witnesses: pilot and radar operator of F-94 jet interceptor. On either occasion, a red fireball increased in brightness and then faded over 45 second span. Stationary both times.
Note: Project Blue Book Status Report #7 (May 31, 1952) says target was also tracked by ground radar at 78 knots (90 m.p.h.) at 22,500' and 25,000' altitude.

April 12, 1952; North Bay, Ontario, Canada. 9:30 p.m. Witnesses: Royal Canadian Air Force Warrant Officer E.H. Rossell, Flight Sgt. R. McRae. One round amber object flew fast, stopped, reversed direction, climbed away at 30' angle during a 2 minute observation.

April 17, 1952; Longmeadow, Massachusetts. 8:30 p.m. Witnesses: S.B. Brooks, chemical engineer J.A. Eaton. One round, deep orange object flew fast and erratic, occasionally emitting a shaft of light to the rear during a 40 minute sighting.

April 18, 1952; Bethesda, Maryland. l1:30 a.m. Witnesses: R. Poerstal and three other men. Seven to nine circular, orange-yellow lights in a 40^ V-formation flew overhead silently for 4-8 seconds, from south to north.

April 24, 1952; Bellevue Hill, Vermont. 5 a.m. Witnesses: crew of USAF C-124 transport plane. Three circular, bluish objects in loose "fingertip" formation twice flew parallel to airplane during 3-4 minute period.

April 24, 1952; Clovis, New Mexico. 8:10 p.m. Witness: USAF light Surgeon Maj. E.L. Ellis. Many orange-amber lights, sometimes separate, sometimes fused, behaved erratically. Speed varied from motionless to very fast during 5 minute sighting.

April 27, 1952; Yuma, Arizona. 8:30 p.m. Witnesses: M/Sgt. and Mrs. G.S. Porter (he was off-duty control tower operator). Bright red or flame-colored discs, appearing as large as fighter planes. Seven sightings of one disc, one of two in formation during 2 hours. All seen below 11,000' overcast.

May 5, 1952; Tenafly, New Jersey. 10:45 p.m. Witness: Mrs. M.M. Judson. Six or seven translucent, cream-yellow objects. One moved in an ellipse, while the others moved in and out.

May 14, 1952; Mayaquez, Puerto Rico. 7 p.m. Witnesses: Attorney and ex-USAF pilot Mr. Stipes, Sr. Garcia-Mendez. Two shining orange spheres: one was stationary, while the other darted away and back for 30 minutes.

May 29, 1952; San Antonio, Texas. 7 p.m. Witness: USAF pilot Maj. D.W. Feuerstein, on ground. One bright tubular object tilted from horizontal to vertical for 8 minutes, then slowly returned to horizontal, again tilted vertical, accelerated, appeared to lengthen and turned red. The entire sighting lasted 14 minutes.

June 5, 1952; Lubbock, Texas. 11 p.m. Witnesses: Dan Benson, Mr. Bacon. A total of eight yellow circular objects, like large stars, were seen during 45 minutes. The first two were in a trail formation, the others were seen singly.

June 5, 1952; Offutt AFB, Omaha, Nebraska. 11 p.m. Witnesses: 2nd Lt. W.R. Soper, a Strategic Air Command top secret control officer and former OSI agent; and two other persons. One bright red object remained stationary for 4.5 minutes before speeding away with a short tail.

June 13, 1952; Middletown, Pennsylvania. 8:45 p.m. Witness: R.S. Thomas, Olmstead AFB employee and former control tower operator. One round, orange object traveled south, stopped for 1 second, turned east, stopped 1 second, and went down.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Too bad it all falls apart when there are multiple witnesses involved in the sighting.

Michael Persinger has one of the most developed theories as to how it may be possible to have multiple witnesses involved in a "sighting".

Have you ever seen this? It's just an hour long.

I find it funny when skeptics grasp at straws to justify their theory... as though Michael Persinger's explanation is any less fantastical than the idea of intelligently controlled plasma balls.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join