It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Deal with the Sentient Plasma Spheres?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

What is fantastical about Michael Persinger's theories?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: Answer

What is fantastical about Michael Persinger's theories?

Everything. All of our brains are connected and geomagnetic fields cause telepathy that is somehow responsible for mass sightings of paranormal phenomena?

While I do believe in the collective conscious and the idea that we're all connected, that notion and the idea of intelligently controlled plasma balls are equally "out there."

You can't use one outstanding claim to debunk another outstanding claim. For the record, I've seen one of these intelligently controlled orbs at a distance of 50 feet. I had a witness in my vehicle with me. It was not a notable event as it occurred but right after, she asked me "did you see that?" and I said "yep... I think we just saw a UFO." We said little more about it even though it was clearly a once-in-a-lifetime event.

While I do believe parts of what he's saying, I think that using his theories to debunk mass sightings is silly. One does not disprove the other.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Well I don't believe in 'weird critters, spiritual energies and Faeries'.

The only weird critters on this planet are the humans.

There ARE the normal life forms that the universe is filled with, as the
visible universe is something like 99% 'plasma' you know..
ask any astrophysicist.

[url=http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/1999/ast07sep99_1/]http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/1999/ast07sep99_1/[/ url]

These little islands of low energy worlds with complex biological life are the extreme
oddities.

That's the reason for the Fermi paradox.. not that many biological entities out there,
and most that do exist would probably be 'inferior partners' to the dominant life forms
if not out and out cattle.

Any variant of the 'ancient alien hypothesis' is a theory based on less than a 1% sample size.

Now I suppose that's possible.. but personally it makes my eyes roll quite a lot..

Thanks for your feedback.. you have some mighty fine posts on ATS.

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
It never over till the fat lady sings, or so they say. The concept of spirituality should be for self growth, awareness and wonder but trying to stay far from obsessions like pride.

Mysticism and religions have been at each other throats for centuries even though religion has the leverage over it in terms of propaganda, and much of religions believes stems from pagan or mystic views of the world at the times let alone practices. Regardless if a monotheistic sect claims to be the true path and tries to separate it self.

And as for what I say, I don't care if one living person finds the slightest
value in it.

Funny thing is, is that you do.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Religion and science seem to be on the same path: body and soul can exist independently of each other. However, in our solar system (that reaches to the Oort Cloud) the soul needs a body to grow. To grow on planet earth our soul needs a body even more than on the so called planet X. And to survive on this planet the body needs power, intrigue, egocentrism, material things.
In other universums the soul probably has evolved so far that she doesn't need a body anymore. She lives in a plasma sphere as 'a bundle of souls', feeds with electromagnetism and travels as a so called UFO through wormholes. And sometimes that plasma sphere comes in the neighborhood of earth, where the souls of earthly deceased people unite that plasma sphere. Think about near death experiences, about things some astronauts have told us about lights that seem to have an intelligent mind, and about all things Egyptian priests learned us about the aftermath. You notice: it's difficult to explain. But remember Plato's words if you think about it further on yourself, you even don't have to read between his lines: The material world is in fact a fake world. The soul can live apart from the body, it enters a great light after death.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yes it's all very interesting, early usage of stable electro-magnetic plasma discharge seems to have involved it's potential for cutting out electrical systems, bringing down planes, stopping cars in the middle of nowhere and spooking people, but as an advanced monitoring system the direct interaction with the human mind is more scary, in terms of direct extrapolation of information and also the introduction of one's own narrative into the mind of the subject, as we agree upon FL always consider Mil-Orbs in connection with neural programming, i think the connection valid.

Artificially Induced Magnetophosphenes

Handy, T. C., Borg, J. S., Turk, D. J., Tipper, C. M., Grafton, S. T., & Gazzaniga, M. S. (2005). Placing a tool in the spotlight: Spatial attention modulates visuomotor responses in cortex. NeuroImage, 26(1), 266-276.

Hsieh, P., Caplovitz, G. P., & Tse, P. U. (2006). Bistable illusory rebound motion: Event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging of perceptual states and switches. NeuroImage, 32(2), 728-739.

Miller, M.B., & Wolford, G.L. (1999). Theoretical commentary: the role of criterion shift in false memory. Psychological Review, 106(2), 398-405.

Miller, M.B. & Gazzaniga, M.S. (1998). Creating false memories for visual scenes. Neuropsychologia, 36(6), 513-520.

Miller, M.B., Fendrich R., Eliassen, J. C., Demirel, S., & Gazzaniga, M.S. (1996). Transcranial magnetic stimulation: delays in visual suppression due to luminance changes. Neuroreport, 7, 1740-1744.

A challenging situation...

And what will be the response of the system in it's Universal entirety, that's the question...i shall consult the crystal ball.

edit on Kam1031285vAmerica/ChicagoMonday1331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kam1031285vAmerica/ChicagoMonday1331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Lovely video. Probably a hell of a lot of Plasma out there, some we can see and some we can't. Some maybe intelligent and some maybe not. I prefer the concept of Dark Plasma to Dark Matter.

In the Gnostic Gospels it say's that our little Grey friend's have been here since the early days of the formation of our Solar System. I take it Plasma has too, maybe there is a connection there.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

The full extent of my spiritual practise is the contemplation of Christmas trees, but anyway maybe time to let this slide and allow the return to unwitting normality or people will be freaking out.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
It never over till the fat lady sings, or so they say. The concept of spirituality should be for self growth, awareness and wonder but trying to stay far from obsessions like pride.

Mysticism and religions have been at each other throats for centuries even though religion has the leverage over it in terms of propaganda, and much of religions believes stems from pagan or mystic views of the world at the times let alone practices. Regardless if a monotheistic sect claims to be the true path and tries to separate it self.

And as for what I say, I don't care if one living person finds the slightest
value in it.

Funny thing is, is that you do.

Good observation.

Yes, of course I can feel slight 'stings' from people.. I'm human and all.
But I do not let this deter me in any way whatsoever from participating.

So since my behavior is not modified in ANY way whatsoever, other than
to show mild annoyance from time to time with particularly childish
behavior on the part of others, the net result is that I don't care.

Or if you must split a hair, I care very little.

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: DrunkYogi

The full extent of my spiritual practise is the contemplation of Christmas trees, but anyway maybe time to let this slide and allow the return to unwitting normality or people will be freaking out.

You've been reading too much Sir James Frazer!

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
a reply to: ATODASO

Religion and science seem to be on the same path: body and soul can exist independently of each other. However, in our solar system (that reaches to the Oort Cloud) the soul needs a body to grow. To grow on planet earth our soul needs a body even more than on the so called planet X. And to survive on this planet the body needs power, intrigue, egocentrism, material things.
In other universums the soul probably has evolved so far that she doesn't need a body anymore. She lives in a plasma sphere as 'a bundle of souls', feeds with electromagnetism and travels as a so called UFO through wormholes. And sometimes that plasma sphere comes in the neighborhood of earth, where the souls of earthly deceased people unite that plasma sphere. Think about near death experiences, about things some astronauts have told us about lights that seem to have an intelligent mind, and about all things Egyptian priests learned us about the aftermath. You notice: it's difficult to explain. But remember Plato's words if you think about it further on yourself, you even don't have to read between his lines: The material world is in fact a fake world. The soul can live apart from the body, it enters a great light after death.

You know, the invention of the concept of 'soul' is as recent as 4,000 BC. Earlier
humans had no such concept, word in their language, or need for such a fear-based
reaction. You can see the evolution of the concept in action, by examining how early
kingdom Egypt thought of the various parts; Ka, Ba, etc.

There are a few references to 'shades', but those were more a residue and were
expected to fade and die relatively quickly; which is quite on the mark.

Now, I'm not disputing the presence of what people call 'souls' - far from it.
But it takes a coherent brain to create a coherent 'soul' and as they say,
common sense is not so common.

Advanced species - sure. Humans --- the jury is certainly out on that..
and even an advanced human (Buddha; yes i Know a conflation of 5 or so people)
taught that 'souls' are a nasty business to be avoided.. until later perversions ruined
a brilliant (for the time) teaching.

Things are seldom so simple as we wish them to be, but i do wish the human race
well; I'd love to see them slip off the chains of self-imposed slavery and to attain
a beautiful future.

Kev
edit on 13-10-2014 by KellyPrettyBear because: the word 'egypt' was accidentally omitted

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
these don't interact with anybody but they act like there is some kind of agenda and she does a great job of following through with radar reports and actually going to the areas where they seem to be spending most of their time. and she's not the first person to mention they seem to intentionally decide to cloak themselves as conventional craft. a reply to: ATODASO

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi

Lovely video. Probably a hell of a lot of Plasma out there, some we can see and some we can't. Some maybe intelligent and some maybe not. I prefer the concept of Dark Plasma to Dark Matter.

In the Gnostic Gospels it say's that our little Grey friend's have been here since the early days of the formation of our Solar System. I take it Plasma has too, maybe there is a connection there.

The thought that always pops into my head, is that if the entire 'system'
of human culture (of which spirituality and religion are a major part)
is 'corrupted', then how can you believe ANY such material?

If you look at spirituality, religion and other facets of human culture,
they are all rather nasty systems, which solidify the power of the
few.

Human culture is is in fact an automatic unconscious response to the
pain of existence, caused by the cognitive dissonance of holding
a few concepts as unchanging, which are in fact not true at all.

(self, 'soul', 'god', etc)

get rid of such unsupported confused thinking, and humans could
go back to the way they were circa 6,000 BCE, when humans
were largely equitable, fair, honest, supportive of each other
and not monstrous towards the world (I'm not referring to the
myth of the golden age).

Now of course I'm a fan of antibiotics and flush toilets and such
things.. so I do not yearn for the 'noble savage'.

But there could be a balance one would hope..

And yes.. there are things to be said about 'selves and souls' and
all that... just not the way any human culture teaches IMHO..

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think just about all religions are control systems KPB. Although i also tend to treat them as one would disinformation, by that i mean that there are some golden nuggets of information that have slipped through the net. I try to piece together my own understanding of who we are and where we are going, although my outlook has a tendency to change as i take in new information. It hasn't changed drastically over the years though and i judge the information i read from the heart. The brain can be overloaded with all sorts of garbage, but to date, my heart has never lied.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I think just about all religions are control systems KPB. Although i also tend to treat them as one would disinformation, by that i mean that there are some golden nuggets of information that have slipped through the net. I try to piece together my own understanding of who we are and where we are going, although my outlook has a tendency to change as i take in new information. It hasn't changed drastically over the years though and i judge the information i read from the heart. The brain can be overloaded with all sorts of garbage, but to date, my heart has never lied.

Well said.

I just like to hear you say that you concur about the control system
aspect. There is nothing more dangerous than a system which
proclaims to be 'the truth'. I much prefer people and systems who
are RESEARCHING the 'truth'.

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
When you two Gurus stop trying to snatch the metaphysical pebble from one another's hand, can we talk about plasma stuff?

edit on 13-10-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Cheers Kev.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

LOL....Sorry mate, got carried away there

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
When you two Gurus stop trying to snatch the metaphysical pebble from one another's hand, can we talk about plasma stuff?

THAT was hilarious!

You know it's my view that humans have co-evolved with 'plasma stuff'
since day one.. and that coming to understand 'plasma stuff' will answer
many of the big questions.. but yes...busted ;-)

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

LOL....Sorry mate, got carried away there

Haha, I understand.

Okay, here's some more unknowns from Project Bluebook. Some pretty cool ones in this batch:

June 22, 1952; Pyungthek, Korea. 10:45 p.m. Witnesses: Two Marine Corps Sergeants. One 4 ft. diameter object dove at a runway shooting red flames, hovered briefly over a hill, turned 180 , flashed twice and was gone.

June 23, 1952; Owensboro, Kentucky. 10:00 a.m. Witness: National Guard Lt. Col. O. L. Depp. Two objects looking like "giant soap bubbles", reflecting yellow and lavender colors, flew in trail for 5 seconds.

June 27, 1952; Topeka, Kansas. 6:50 p.m. Witnesses: USAF pilot 2nd Lt. K. P. Kelly and wife. One pulsating red object which changed shape from a circular to a vertical oval as it pulsed. Was stationary for about 5 minutes, then went out.

June 28, 1952; Nagoya, Japan. 4:10 p.m. Witness: Capt. T. W. Barger, USAF electronics countermeasures officer. One dark blue elliptical-shaped object with a pulsing border flew straight and level at 700-800 m.p.h.

July 9, 1952; Colorado Springs, Colorado. 12:45 p.m. Witness: USAF pilot Maj. C. K. Griffin. One object shaped like an airfoil less its trailing edge, luminous white, moved slowly and erratically for 12 minutes.

July 14, 1952; Norfolk, Virginia. 8:12 p.m. Witnesses: Pan American Airways First Officer William Nash, Second Officer William Fortenberry. Eight large, round, glowing red objects maneuvered below their airliner, in formation.

July 17, 1952; Lockbourne, Ohio. 11 a.m. Witness: Air National Guard employees. One light like a big star was seen for 3 hours, but disappeared when an aircraft approached. Also seen the night of July 20, 22 and 23.

July 18, 1952; Miami, Florida. 11 a.m. Witnesses: E. R. Raymer and daughter. One opaque, silvery bubble flew very fast at a right-angle to the wind direction for 10 seconds.

July 18, 1952; Patrick AFB, Florida. 9:45 p.m. Witnesses: three USAF officers and four enlisted men. Over an hour period, a series of hovering and maneuvering red-orange lights were observed moving in a variety of directions.

July 19, 1952; Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. 11:35 p.m. Witnesses: USAF pilot Capt. C.J. powley and wife. Two star-like lights maneuvered, hovered and sped for 5-7 minutes.

July 20, 1952; Lavalette, New Jersey. 12:20 a.m. Witness: Seton Hall Univ. chemistry professor Dr. A.B. Spooner. Two large orange-yellow lights with some dull red coloring flew in trail, turned and circled for 5-6 minutes.

July 21, 1952; Weisbaden, West Germany. 6:30 p.m. Witnesses: USAF pilot Capt. E.E. Dougher, WAF Lt. J.J. Stong, situated miles apart. Four bright yellowish lights were seen by Dougher to separate, with two climbing and two flying away level in the opposite direction. Stong watched two reddish lights fly in opposite directions. Sightings lasted about 10-15 minutes.

July 22, 1952; between Boston and Provincetown, Massachusetts. 10:47 p.m. Witnesses: pilot and radar operator of USAF F-94 jet interceptor. One round blue light passed F-94, spinning.

July 22, 1952; Trenton, New Jersey. 10:50 p.m. t.o 12:45 a.m., July 23. Witnesses: crews of several USAF F-94 jet interceptors from Dover AFB, Del. Thirteen visual sightings and one radar tracking of blue-white lights during two hours.

July 23, 1952; South Bend, Indiana. 11:35 p.m. Witness: USAF pilot Capt. H. W. Kloth. Two bright blue-white objects flew together, then the rear one veered off after about 9 minutes.

July 26, 1952; Kansas City, Missouri. 12:15 a.m. Witnesses: USAF Capt. H. A. Stone, men in control towers at Fairfax Field and Municipal Airport. One greenish light with red-orange flashes was seen for 1 hour as it descended in the northwest from 40* elevation to 10* elevation.

July 26, 1952; Kirtland AFB, New Mexico. 12:05 a.m. Witness: Airman lst Class J.M. Donaldson. Eight to ten orange balls in a triangular or V-formation flew very fast for 3-4 seconds.

Aug. 1, 1952; Lancaster, California. 1:14 a.m. Witnesses: sheriff's deputies and other persons, one named Mallette. Two brilliant red lights hovered and maneuvered for 5 minutes.

Project Bluebook "Unknowns"
edit on 13-10-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join