It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un Coup Attempt: North Korean Leader may have Fled Pyongyang Amid Threats to Life

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Perhaps it Will be disasterous for the Korean people, and have shockwaves effecting other parts of the world as well. But a change for the positive will not be easy. The potential struggle that approaches on the horizon is perhaps a necessary one. A brilliantly beautiful pheonix can rise from the ashes. The fact remains, that things cannot stay as they are, assuming all the nightmare stories are true, as it seems they are indeed true.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
he is probably chilling in the alps with dennis rodman munching on swiss cheese

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Remember, his dad's Legendary Golf Game? It was a CIA plot to show him a liar and discredit him among American business men. Why believe anything about him or that country from a media no one here trusts? I don't get the logic.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I may be a romantic at heart, but i say bring back the Korean Royal Family.

after all " The assassination of the Korean Empress was kinda a big thing.

But i vote for Kim's Sister,,,

not Kim's current wife.

thats if one could vote for such things.

ps thats her in the middle.
edit on 10/6/2014 by BobAthome because: ya never know.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

after all " The assassination of the Korean Empress was kinda a big thing.

But i vote for Kim's Sister,,,

not Kim's current wife.

thats if one could vote for such things.

ps thats her in the middle.

Thanks for the gigantic red circle pointing her out, you know for a second there I thought she was one of the four surrounding gentlemen

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LordOfDarkness

four surrounding gentlemen
i have no clue who they are, seem happy though.

But ya she is much more photogenic.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Late to the party.

I hope this is true for the North Korean people. However what if the coup places a even worse tyrant in power. That would be unfortunate for them...

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Has North Korea’s Kim Jong Un Been Toppled?

Hwang’s trip South on Saturday comes on the heels of a widely publicized report that Kim has been deposed. Jang Jin Sung, a former North Korean counterintelligence and propaganda official, is claiming that the Organization and Guidance Department of the Korean Workers’ Party, responsible for promotions within the regime, has taken over the country. Kim, according to Jang, is now merely a “puppet.”

Also extremely unusual: The reports on the meeting from the state-run Korean Central News Agency mention Kim—first secretary of the Workers’ Party, first chairman of the National Defense Commission, and supreme commander of the People’s Army, all the top positions in the state and party—only at the end and only in passing. In a regime like North Korea’s, these state media reports spell political infirmity.

I really do think we are seeing the collapse of the North Korean government under Un and most likely the prelude to the collapse of N. Korea.

Nonetheless, there are too many rumors and reports to allow one to conclude that all is well in Pyongyang. The story that the city is in lockdown —no permits to travel in or out issued since September 27—suggests that an extraordinary event has occurred. The mid-December execution of Jang Song Thaek, once thought to be Kim’s regent, and the subsequent eradication of his nationwide patronage network are symptoms of distress.

The continual purges during Kim’s short tenure cannot be a good sign. In the space of 15 months he switched out his army chief three times, and it appears he replaced about half of the top 218 military and administrative officials. Pyongyang, according to the Financial Times, has not seen such turmoil since the late 1950s, when his grandfather Kim Il Sung eliminated opposition after his failure in the Korean War. As famed Korea watcher Bruce Bechtol has pointed out, the constant purges of senior civilians and flag officers over the last few years is proof of Kim’s inability to cement his position at the top of the political system.

“Senior officials in North Korea’s Workers’ Party and military are increasingly objecting to policies or ignoring orders from leader Kim Jong Un, leading to rumors that his grip on the country is weakening,” noted the Chosun Ilbo, the most widely read newspaper in South Korea, in late July. Defying instructions would have been unthinkable during the tenure of his father or grandfather.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Has North Korea’s Kim Jong Un Been Toppled?

Hwang’s trip South on Saturday comes on the heels of a widely publicized report that Kim has been deposed. Jang Jin Sung, a former North Korean counterintelligence and propaganda official, is claiming that the Organization and Guidance Department of the Korean Workers’ Party, responsible for promotions within the regime, has taken over the country. Kim, according to Jang, is now merely a “puppet.”

Also extremely unusual: The reports on the meeting from the state-run Korean Central News Agency mention Kim—first secretary of the Workers’ Party, first chairman of the National Defense Commission, and supreme commander of the People’s Army, all the top positions in the state and party—only at the end and only in passing. In a regime like North Korea’s, these state media reports spell political infirmity.

I really do think we are seeing the collapse of the North Korean government under Un and most likely the prelude to the collapse of N. Korea.

Nonetheless, there are too many rumors and reports to allow one to conclude that all is well in Pyongyang. The story that the city is in lockdown —no permits to travel in or out issued since September 27—suggests that an extraordinary event has occurred. The mid-December execution of Jang Song Thaek, once thought to be Kim’s regent, and the subsequent eradication of his nationwide patronage network are symptoms of distress.

The continual purges during Kim’s short tenure cannot be a good sign. In the space of 15 months he switched out his army chief three times, and it appears he replaced about half of the top 218 military and administrative officials. Pyongyang, according to the Financial Times, has not seen such turmoil since the late 1950s, when his grandfather Kim Il Sung eliminated opposition after his failure in the Korean War. As famed Korea watcher Bruce Bechtol has pointed out, the constant purges of senior civilians and flag officers over the last few years is proof of Kim’s inability to cement his position at the top of the political system.

“Senior officials in North Korea’s Workers’ Party and military are increasingly objecting to policies or ignoring orders from leader Kim Jong Un, leading to rumors that his grip on the country is weakening,” noted the Chosun Ilbo, the most widely read newspaper in South Korea, in late July. Defying instructions would have been unthinkable during the tenure of his father or grandfather.

Not a done deal ... yet.

Details ... details. -sigh-

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

They had an expose on Korean TV a couple years back. The only known surviving member was homeless ... living out of a van, not two blocks from my apartment.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have nothing to add to this thread except my appreciation for the thread and all the thoughtful posts.
I've not had time to follow this issue in the news so I thank you all for your efforts.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur
Remember, his dad's Legendary Golf Game? It was a CIA plot to show him a liar and discredit him among American business men. Why believe anything about him or that country from a media no one here trusts? I don't get the logic.

I have tried to make this same point to people. It goes right over their head. The people that told America that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq are the same people who have told America everything they know about North Korea. Everything that comes out of the mass media and the US government is a lie. Everything we are told about Ukraine is a lie. Everything we are told about ISIS is a lie. Everything we are told about Ebola is a lie. Everything we are told about China and Russia is a lie. People say that they don't trust the media or government, yet believe everything they tell them especially on North Korea. According to the UN, North Korea will be self sufficient in food production in 3 years. That doesn't sound like a starving country. North Korea has a nuclear weapons program on par with the United States in terms of technical knowhow. They just don't have the same numbers. They have road mobile ICBMS. They have cruise missiles. They have submarine launched missiles. They have battlefield nuclear weapons, which is where most of their nuclear work is concentrated. They have plutonium production and uranium enrichment. The idea that they can't miniaturize a warhead is absurd. Now they are developing a capability for nuclear related computer simulations. They just held a conference on discrete mathematics and computational geometry. They have an advanced drone program. They have a space program and a satellite in orbit. They just completed construction work on their space launch facility that will allow them to launch larger rockets. North Korea is an advanced industrialized nuclear weapon state, just like the USA. The real fear is the self sufficiency of North Korea. North Korea refuses to be a slave. North Korea and Iran have the potential to further areas of research that are suppressed in other countries by the influence of the US, namely alternative energy sources. That is the real fear, the end of oil. When North Korea announced a breakthrough in nuclear fusion, it should not be discounted.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

Calm down, you're running things together. After four or five tries, DPRK has successfully launched one satellite. It lacks the industrial capacity to create any but the most primitive fission weapons. If it could create a fusion weapon, it would have tested one by now. Here is a comparison of DPRK and American military forces. DPRK has never been a threat to the United States, but it could destabilize Asia and draw America into yet another war.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

Eh...US does not lie about everything. I was in USAF for 20 years and deployed to various wars for most of it. What media was showing you was truthful. If anything they may hold stuff back like all the civilians we killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They hide stuff from you like live actions videos of shooting and killing and bombing where you can actually see humans being blown in half and bleeding after air attacks.

US does keep secrets from its people, US does "spin" stuff to make it look good or push its agenda but in general the government is suppose to tell you the truth and most of them do.

There are obviously individual cases where government officials and politicians lie but it usually happens to protect themselves fro their own corrupt actions rather than some huge government conspiracy.

Politicians will tell you anything to get your vote.

Federal Reserve is probably the only real conspiracy and secret that goes over into unethical and corrupt policies on the scale of Government Conspiracy.

Media molds itself to spin stuff for political interests so why they may not always lie they certainly ignore things they don't support politically and spin things for their own political agenda's.

As I posted before I think dear leader is dead and the generals are lost trying to figure out what to do about it.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

They had an expose on Korean TV a couple years back. The only known surviving member was homeless ... living out of a van, not two blocks from my apartment.

you must have missed this part where I said,

I vote for Kim's Sister,,,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only known surviving member was homeless,,did not known that,,found in the North or South?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If Kimmy is dead, then surely this would be broadcast on North Korea by now with lots of propaganda and funeral music. Maybe it is more conceivable that he has been taken seriously ill, perhaps a stroke or something, the heavy limping may have been a precursor to it. And that they will wheel him out with this big bash that is due (National Congress/Party pow wow) and he will be doped up on meds but given prompts via an ear piece to tell him when to wave, smile etc. I dunno. Or perhaps he himself has defected to go and play basket ball in the west?!!

We will know in a few days I guess when the big Party pow wow takes place. In a way I would rather he be alive. Better to know who you are dealing with than try and figure out who is the Controller behind the curtain! And also if North Korea does implode then the Kimmy and those who supported this brutal regime are brought to justice. Locking them up in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives with just bread and water and straw for a mattress should be ample justice served.

I hope the ordinary people of North Korea get their freedoms and those locked up in concentration camps are also liberated. Although I strongly suspect that what will be revealed in the camps will be on a par with Nazi Germany. A modern day Holocaust that stretches back to when the Kim family took power.

FREE NORTH KOREA!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
People seem to forget that China isn't going to let NK join SK. China would send in troops before they would let that happen.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Ancient Champion because: Added a letter

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So far, all signs point towards a media beat-up.

The delegation to the South is very interesting though, whether he is alive or dead.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
People seem to forget that China isn't going to let NK join SK. China would send in troops before they would let that happen.

Why? If NK joins SK they lose an unstable neighbor and the Korean War officially ends which removes the US excuse to have a military presence in the area. Reunification is very much in Chinas interest.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Reunification is an unlikely end to US military presence on the peninsula.

It would likely have a strong influence on the persistence of a four-star combined military command under US leadership. This 'had' been a plan in the works and was only recently reconsidered (redacted to some degree) by the sitting South Korean president.

OTOH, reunification might weaken Korean/Japanese relations, making the entire region more susceptible to Chinese influence/politics.

This is a situation which warrants watching. I'll guarantee something is in the works, but there's still a possibility of return to the status quo ... and that probability grows in two simultaneous directions daily.

Probability of spillover at any border: highly unlikely to non-existent

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join