It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un Coup Attempt: North Korean Leader may have Fled Pyongyang Amid Threats to Life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Theocracy is a form of government in which a deity is officially recognized as the civil Ruler and official policy is governed by officials regarded as divinel

So his sister,
could be a new Queen Victoria lover,,
hey its the 1960''s in North Korea,,after all the have been other Dynastic, Korean Woman Rulers,, of a Unified Korea.

why not?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
Theocracy is a form of government in which a deity is officially recognized as the civil Ruler and official policy is governed by officials regarded as divinel

So his sister,
could be a new Queen Victoria lover,,
hey its the 1960''s in North Korea,,after all the have been other Dynastic, Korean Woman Rulers,, of a Unified Korea.

why not?

or does it go Communist. There is no God. Period.regarded as divinel is against Communist Religion.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: daaskapital

It's good news for a western standpoint but I can't help feel the timing of this along with other events right now is truly amazing!

Do you really think that Kim Jong Un was behind all the threats to the west?
I don't think so, he has grown up in the western world and loves basketball and disney. If anything, he was holding his generals back to actually attack someone.
When he is gone, the power vaccuum needs to be filled and I seriously expect a military general to be even worse.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Do you really think that Kim Jong Un was behind all the threats to the west?

No, of course not.

he has grown up in the western world and loves basketball and disney.

Is that 2 strikes or 3? I hate corporate tax-free sponsored games and Disney - don't get me started!

As for a power vacuum, evil generals, more panda born kin, I doubt they would make it past SK or China's land grab strategy before they got the chance to bother anyone else. And even if that didn't happen the CIA would love a chance to buy out more alliences in the waiting. Small countries like NK don't have the ultimate say in starting a great war, they can just back up the ones that do.
As for their people they have been oppressed for generations, murdered for rediculous acts and cut off and out to big time world issues/changes. It couldn't get worse unless they decide to nuke themselves in some form of cultist act of desperation.
Technology is probably the biggest factor to blame on this, the internet has a way of cherry coating things, word of mouth did the rest. As for how it starts or ends is incidental now, this was bound to happen eventually.
But we will see soon enough. . .
edit on 10/5/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe that sacrifices must be made in this day and age of tit for tat. What I mean is, seeing the ongoing protests in Hong Kong, the protesters are numbered from thousands to millions and the Chinese don't like anything upsetting their cash cow which is Hong Kong. Knowing full well that any armed put-down of the "students" in Hong Kong will result in sanctions from the west particularly the US and Great Britain, the Chinese have to sacrifice something to keep Hong Kong communist Chinese.

That sacrifice will be North Korea. They will allow the two countries to join as one and it will be "democratic". While all the hoopla and fireworks is occurring, Hong Kong will be a blood bath and nary a finger will be raised nor a blurb on the main stream media will be uttered.

Sacrifices must be made...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Actually China has gone on record saying that Pakistan is their Israel.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
People forget that a united Korea will be a nuclear armed country. Will have massive military and its natural hatred for Japan will remain.

Korea traditionally stayed in China's orbit. This is the fate again.

Train links from South Korean ports to China and Russia will be restored. This will provide surface links to South Korea thus reducing dependence on sea lanes.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
People forget that a united Korea will be a nuclear armed country. Will have massive military and its natural hatred for Japan will remain.

Korea traditionally stayed in China's orbit. This is the fate again.

Train links from South Korean ports to China and Russia will be restored. This will provide surface links to South Korea thus reducing dependence on sea lanes.

mmmm I don't actually know any Koreans who hate the Japanese or even many Japanese that hate Koreans, just a very vocal group of idiots in Japan that by and large the typical Korean seems to try to ignore as well as the bulk of the Japanese people.

Honestly, I just don't see any of the regions conflicts coming to a head, ever, if North and South Korea unify...

Don't get me wrong no one knows the resolve of any East Asians when they are stuck on something and japan can be impossible, I deal with the Japanese all the time... the refusal to apologize to China siiigh, The cultural superiority angle vs other Asians... siiiigh

You'd think it wouldn't resolve right?

I say yeah it will

And here's why, the Koreans and Chinese are just as stubborn in many ways BUT, in the end, realistically China, Japan and a United Korea have waaaaay more to gain by hashing it out, waaaaaay more in common with each other than the outside world, incredible financial incentive

AND... all 3 have barbarians at the Gate...

There is nothing like a common enemy and you have the USA holding Japan to things, lets face it our ideas of cultural diversity we wish to impose are far more threatening than being nice to your nearest Asian neighbors, Islam is out for the globe via immigration, no one in all 3 countries wants that bs coming home to roost and my guess is your going to see a day come when MOST of the world is stuck in religious ideology and the East Asians are the rational scientific minds of the planet

I think in 20 years you will See a very United Asia, Japan and Korea in orbit around China not the USA, Taiwan having reunited with the mainland and places like Indonesia and Malaysia and Kazakhstan and on from there starting to fall to the Juggernaut

Just saying, The USA and Islam is going to force them to unite and get past the bs like some gas lines or tiny islands because of mutual threat to culture and society.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

GB has already pissed China off by involving itself in the situation. They have stated the Chinese government has broken the treaty that returned HK to China.

N. Korea as a sacrifice? I dont think so because China is at its end with them. They have increased checks at the border and have cut fuel supplies to N. Korea. China is not going to risk itself trying to defend N. Korea. I do seem them possibly "invading" North Korea in order to stabilize and keep the buffer.

Part of me wonders if the recent indications of a new nuclear test aren't the reason for Un and his "issues". Un ignored China and held the last nuclear test.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This really makes me wonder about Un. He went from moderate Chinese relations when he got into power to very poor relations. Surely he must realize that China is a massive military threat unless NK can act as a stable buffer zone.

Any ideas on the strategy there?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
There was no coup attempt. Top North Korean officials were going to visit South Korea. To make sure that they didn't try to defect, Pyongyang was put on lockdown so that their relatives could not attempt to flee. This probably wouldn't have happened anyway since these officials are very loyal, but they didn't want to take the chance. It would have been very embarrassing if a top general defected in the middle of a meeting with South Korean officials. Kim Jong Un has gout like his father and grandfather did.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

This really makes me wonder about Un. He went from moderate Chinese relations when he got into power to very poor relations. Surely he must realize that China is a massive military threat unless NK can act as a stable buffer zone.

Yeah, start a slow process of reunification with South Korea, massively increase your economic and military clout almost instantly, be part of a nation suddenly who happens to currently hold the UN secretary general position, find yourself suddenly under the protection of the worlds super power the USA, while having your own nukes none the less and also suddenly be a part of one of the worlds top "soft power marketing machines" outside Hollywood the South Korean pop Industry

That would do the trick

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

North Korea has nothing to fear from China. North Korea has dozens of nuclear weapons as a deterrent. North Korea is not the same country that is portrayed in the media. According to the UN, North Korea will be self sufficient in food production within 3 years. That doesn't sound like a country whose people are starving. China has good relations with North Korea despite what the media would have you believe. North Korea has good relations with Russia as well. All the "crazy" behavior of North Korea is in response to the crazy US behavior. The US conducts monthly military exercises that include simulated nuclear attacks on North Korea. Their behavior seems quite logical.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: daaskapital

It's good news for a western standpoint but I can't help feel the timing of this along with other events right now is truly amazing!

What's next Putin is really transgender?

Close! He is actually a clone of Roman emperor Julius Cesar.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Whistleblower666 because: first post. do not know how to insert pictures.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

North Korea has nothing to fear from China.

China is larger and more technologically advanced. China could crush DPRK like a bug.

North Korea has dozens of nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

It is unclear how many nuclear weapons North Korea actually has; certainly no more than two or three or they would have "tested" another by now. Furthermore, they have no way of delivering them. Old fashioned fission devices are too heavy for the unreliable Long March missiles, and any Korean bomber would easily be shot down. Even if they did deliver a nuclear strike to a Chinese target, China could obliterate half the peninsula in moments.

North Korea is not the same country that is portrayed in the media.

I assume you have visited there if you can make this assertion.

According to the UN, North Korea will be self sufficient in food production within 3 years.

In other words, it will be three years before DPRK can feed itself.

That doesn't sound like a country whose people are starving.

It sounds like a country that will starve if it bites the hand that feeds it.

China has good relations with North Korea despite what the media would have you believe.

Are you speaking on behalf of the Chinese Central Committee?

North Korea has good relations with Russia as well.

Russia needs all the clients it can get at the moment.

All the "crazy" behavior of North Korea is in response to the crazy US behavior. The US conducts monthly military exercises that include simulated nuclear attacks on North Korea. Their behavior seems quite logical.

Is having your uncle torn to shreds by rabid dogs in front of your military's high command a logical response to crazy US behavior?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There has been a major event held in Pyongyang to welcome North Korean athletes returning from the Asian games...

Kim Jong-Un wasn't reported to be there...no mention of him in the state media. It is odd, considering top party officials and military leaders were there to greet the athletes. Not counting the fact that Kim Jong-Un is a massive sports fan and would have likely been there to welcome home any athletes...

And if that isn't enough, this was the best performance on behalf of North Korea since 1990. One would think Kim Jong-Un would be there...

North Koreans have lined the streets of Pyongyang to welcome home their Asia Games athletes, state media says, but there's been no reported appearance by the communist country's sports-fanatic leader.

Top Workers' Party officials and military generals welcomed the athletes at the airport on Sunday, the state media said, but they made no mention of leader Kim Jong-Un attending the event.

Kim has not been seen in public for more than a month, prompting speculation about his health. Top officials on a surprise visit to South Korea denied that there is anything wrong with Kim.

Hundreds of thousands of citizens came out onto the streets to greet the athletes who took part in the games in the rival South, the reports said on Monday.

The 150 athletes won 11 gold medals and 25 silver and bronze in their best Asian Games performance since 1990.

www.skynews.com.au...

Still waiting for October 10 though. If Kim Jong-Un doesn't appear for the anniversary of the Korean Workers' Party, something is up.
edit on 6-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Considering the mindset forced onto the N. Korean people about their leaders being Gods... I am thinking Un might have bought into that image hook line and sinker. He is used to getting what he wants and when he wants and if it does not happen then chances are someone is going to be purged.

Its one thing to feed propaganda to the masses. Its another issue entirely when those putting out the propaganda believe in it.

N. Korea has absolutely no strategy aside from blackmailing countries over its nuke program and threatening to rain down fire on S. korea every other day.

He is a spoiled brat who needs a huge bite of a reality sandwich. One would think when you have only 1 ally who gives you the things needed to keep your government up and operating that they would show a bit more gratitude.

We are seeing the collapse of the N. Korean government.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is bad news. North Korea is one of the last remaining left-wing paradises. It is the most environment-friendly, the least capitalist, the most equal of all countries in the world. If it collapses it will be corrupted by the capitalist pigs of South Korea.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnduranceArtist
This is bad news. North Korea is one of the last remaining left-wing paradises. It is the most environment-friendly, the least capitalist, the most equal of all countries in the world. If it collapses it will be corrupted by the capitalist pigs of South Korea.

Corrupted?

hows the N. Korean economy working out?
Food?
Technology?
Lights?

i think it might be easier to just list the items N. Korea has instead of listing the ones they dont. While N. Korea ponders that comment people in S. korea are not starving, arbitrarily killed, killed for folding an image of the dear leader, talking to foreigners, being sent to concentration camps up near Pyongyang....

edit on 6-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

There's the remote possibility that after mini-evil is deposed, the generals will take the example of Burma and slowly release their population from decades of totalitarian imprisonment, abuse and murder.

Maybe there could be something good about this. The world sure needs some good news about now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join