It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un Coup Attempt: North Korean Leader may have Fled Pyongyang Amid Threats to Life

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Kim Jong-un absent at anniversary celebration of Worker's Party of Korea

North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un was nowhere to be seen at the 69th anniversary celebrations of the founding of the Worker's Party of Korea, the party of his grandfather and North Korea's founder Kim Il-sung.

Mr Kim would normally pay tribute to his late grandfather, as well as his father, Kim Jong-il, at the event, which is held at the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun.

The event is usually heavily covered by state media, but there have not yet been any reports or footage of Mr Kim's attendance, suggesting his absence from celebrations.

www.abc.net.au...

So then...anyone have any idea where he is? Lol.

I think the description posited by Reuters is probably the correct situation. That Kim Jong-Un has damaged tendons in his leg. It may account for his limping, before he disappeared.

Still, Kim's injury doesn't explain the sudden meeting with the south, the allegations of a Pyongyang lockdown, and the sudden changes in diplomatic tactics. Perhaps he is finally feeling comfortable in engaging diplomatically.

edit on 9-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hope he has been eaten by dogs.. and then
vomited up by said dogs...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Now, I'm no investigative journalist by any stretch. But with a little of research I think I've just found Dear Leader, and it seems he is right next door in China...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Rather worryingly South Korea has just announced that it has returned fire after it was hit by arty fire on the land border - details here.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Rather worryingly South Korea has just announced that it has returned fire after it was hit by arty fire on the land border - details here.

A couple days ago N. Korea warned the south about the launching of balloons into the north. The group who launched them, as they have done in the past, is not part of the S. Korean government.

Apparently Un has been out of sight for almost 40 days now.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
An interesting read.. Apparently former N. Korean officals who fled / defected etc met in September to discuss whats going on in N. Korea.

Their conclusion -

Oct 2 2014 - Former Top Official Says Kim Jong-un Is No Longer in Control of North Korea

An elite group of exiles from North Korea gathered in September in the Netherlands to discuss the state of the regime they used to serve. The conference included top diplomats, an ex-senior official of the Ministry of Security, and a high-ranking military officer, but the keynote address was given by Jang Jin-sung, formerly a key member of Kim Jong-il's propaganda machine. Included in Jang's speech was a surprising assertion: North Korea is in the midst of a civil war.

According to Jang — a former counterintelligence official and poet laureate under Kim Jong-il — members of the government's Organization and Guidance Department (OGD), a powerful group of officials that once reported only to Kim Jong-il, have stopped taking orders from his son, Kim Jong-un. The OGD, Jang says, has effectively taken control of the country, and a conflict is simmering between factions that want to maintain absolute control over the economy and others seeking to gain wealth through foreign trade and a slightly more open market.

"On one hand, it's people who want to maintain a regime monopoly," Jang told VICE News through a translator in an interview Thursday. "On the other hand, it's not like people are fighting against the regime, but in a policy sense they want to take advantage to get influence. It's not actually consciously civil war, but there are these two incompatible forces at play."

Click link for remainder of article...

If its already been posted my bad.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

A couple days ago N. Korea warned the south about the launching of balloons into the north. The group who launched them, as they have done in the past, is not part of the S. Korean government.

Apparently Un has been out of sight for almost 40 days now.

Perhaps he's stuck in his giant underground Dr Evil-lite base? On a more serious note, am I right in thinking that this is highly atypical behaviour even for North Korea?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Perhaps he's stuck in his giant underground Dr Evil-lite base? On a more serious note, am I right in thinking that this is highly atypical behaviour even for North Korea?

I heard he was at his moon base with the kidnapped scientists..

The way its being reported its apparently way out of the norm. Other talking heads on tv pointed out that if Un only has a health issue that it may very well result in him being removed from power. Apparently the N. Korean system is the exact same as the Klingon system.

which is to say if you are a leader and can no longer fulfill the obligations of leadership, a subordinate kills him and takes over. They also speculated that should Un be removed that we would most likely see the top generals going at each other in an effort to become N. Korea's next top model, errr dictator.

Missing the latest workers party gathering and the fact he has been out of site for 37 days is what the latest round of speculation is based on. While the leaders have taken vacations, its never been for more than a week or 2.

Who knows...

What I am becoming concerned about is what occurred today with N. Korea firing into S. Korea. If Un is out of the way and generals are trying to position themselves they may very well try to show off what kind of ovaries they have and get aggressive with south Korea to try and prove their own authority.

An action that could very well restart hostilities.

Last part is my speculation. Its the first time I have seen N. Korea give a warning to the South and actually do what they stated they would.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I was also thinking back a month or so ago where N. Korea and China stated Un would be coming for a visit. If Un is having medical issues its entirely possible he went to China for treatment.

The goofy part was both nations commented on Un going to China but we never heard anything else about that supposed trip (at least I have not seen anything discussing it). If it were to leak out he is in china getting treatment we could be seeing the results of that.

How many Dictators take a vacation for an extended period of time outside the country they solely control? Usually they dont for fear of someone else taking over.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if he is in a prison cell or dead. It just doesn't seem like he is in power. Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm just going to bring this hypothesis to the table: PROPAGANDA.

Remember who we're dealing with. North Korea doesn't mind shelling the South, even if a few rural civilians are killed.
It could be real,and hopeful thinking sometimes gets the best of us. But living on a similar "revolutionary" place myself, i am quite used to all styles of machiavellic propaganda (Venezuela).

Many times some things happen, things too good to be true. Then people start reacting to these events in a positive/negative manner.These reactions sometimes turn out to be more collective,widespread and loud.
Everyone would react to these events, from a peasant to,say, a general.

Ok im using too much words now, it can be a false-flag event to root out dissent,disloyalty in Kim Jong Un's inner circles. I wouldn't rule this out, after all, an isolated country doesn't have to worry about public opinion.

Or does it?

EDIT: I forgot to point out the psychological effects on those that we're hoping for the best. Oh,the disappointment and morale.
edit on 10-10-2014 by metodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
I would not be surprised if he is in a prison cell or dead. It just doesn't seem like he is in power. Time will tell.

IF he was removed from power why would they turn around and tell everyone the sister is running the country? I guess its possible she could be used as a puppet however I think that scenario would collapse quickly.

@ Metodex
There is nothing wrong with speculating and talking about whats going on, or not going on. North Korea is one of those countries where they might as well be Klingons. Based on the history of NK I dont think anyone on this site believes info outright.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Hope he has been eaten by dogs.. and then
vomited up by said dogs...

Then eaten again by another dog, because that's how dogs roll.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The goofy part was both nations commented on Un going to China but we never heard anything else about that supposed trip (at least I have not seen anything discussing it). If it were to leak out he is in china getting treatment we could be seeing the results of that.

No one is entirely sure what is going on inside of N.Korea. Thats the beauty.

Out of all the countries - thats THE ONE that remained the lone wolf. Now it's making moves.

Not only that, NoKo has bargaining leverage.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica
Not only that, NoKo has bargaining leverage.

Lol no it doesnt.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

North Korea Holds Potential 216 Million Tonnes Rare Earths

The deposit not only makes China's reserves appear small, but it will also help improve North Korea's relations with Japan and South Korea, two of the world's biggest importers of the minerals.

Come again?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

North Korea Holds Potential 216 Million Tonnes Rare Earths

The deposit not only makes China's reserves appear small, but it will also help improve North Korea's relations with Japan and South Korea, two of the world's biggest importers of the minerals.

No one is going to import goods from NK, they're too unstable to base a supply chain on.

Come again?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I don't even need to go into how S.Korea's President Park Geun Hye has had a MAJOR hard-on for Reunification & going out of her way to make it possible.

Not a surprise. And now N.Korean high ranking officials are having 'Snap' Peace Meetings - That doesn't strike you as a bit out of the norm?

Even by N.Korean standards?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

and Japan and the US have developed technology making China's monopoly on rare earth elements null and void. Secondly N. Korea can be sitting on top of a mountain but since not many countries do business with N. Korea your statement is based more on fantasy than reality.

A nation that cant feed itself whose policy is still military first. A purge in the areas of natural resources in N. Korea saw several ranking members executed for selling resources at a loss and pocketing the money.

yeah.. I dont think rare earth elements is N. Koreas saving grace but think what you want.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Since N. Korea called off all further meetings when the balloons crossed into the North, resulting in exchange of fire between the 2 Koreas, I dont see reunification (peacefully) anytime soon..

Do you?
edit on 12-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join