It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Right and in middle and high school many children sit in each others chairs/desks. College even worse.

I am thinking about how the entervirus68 sprang up this fall, and with it's complications and contamination levels so easily contracted, could it have actually been a harbinger of something even worse to come?

This year has seen more allergies and allergy related illness than ever in the past, people who have never had allergies have suffered. My point is that it is interesting these types of "cold" type illnesses have been rampant and it makes me sense that perhaps it's the way to make ebola airborne through coughing and sneezing.
edit on pm930pmTue, 30 Sep 2014 18:25:00 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: antar

And how many of those children came into direct physical contact with their class mates and during break time playing sports, sweating and again coming into physical contact with others and they come home infecting more friends and family.

How is this going to be traced and stopped before it's too late?

We must also remember that apparently you are not contagious unless you are exhibiting symptoms.

Just in time for flu season which had similar symptoms of fever body aches etc

How many people will try to fight this thinking it's like the flu and not seeking proper treatment exposing others

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Wrong!! You need to see what Canada's CDC type agency says about that. It can live on simple everyday hard surfaces for days. This is a very resilient strain and that is why it has spread so bad. Probably a Bio weapon but im no Microbiologist.

Ever wonder about the Mosquitoes carrying this dam thing around the country? They carry enough viruses and plagues already.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly what I was thinking, how many will go un-diagnosed until it is both too late and spreading faster than they can stop it.

*phone call* brb

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I hadn't been a doomer in a couple of years but even I'm worried now. Ebola is nothing to f around with, you know? Why the hell weren't the borders closed?
edit on 30-9-2014 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

link   
Im sure they knew but they arent going to say it i can gaurantee you!!! a reply to: thesmokingman

link   
So what scares me so much about Ebola is how quickly it's evolving. Normally it destroys itself by being so deadly with low incubation periods. Now the virus is hyper-evolving - I fully expect it to be airborne by this point.

BTW, Patient Zero in Dallas wasn't forced into the hospital, he WALKED in.....he's already infected many people by now.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wills120

I'm afraid of that, too,

It's maddening, I left all of this to be a normal teen and I come back to this. I wouldn't recommend prayer being an atheist and all, but we could use it.

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

And how many of those children came into direct physical contact with their class mates and during break time playing sports, sweating and again coming into physical contact with others and they come home infecting more friends and family.

We must also remember that apparently you are not contagious unless you are exhibiting symptoms.

How many people will try to fight this thinking it's like the flu and not seeking proper treatment exposing others

Good point, but I know when I have the flu, I aint getting out of bed to socialize with anyone myself.

link   
Texas has had an average of 90 degree temps with 50% humidity for the past month.

"Sweat" is a bodily fluid.

Never trust anyone who says a virus is 'contained' You can contain a person, but that doesn't mean their virus is contained.

link   

originally posted by: wills120
So what scares me so much about Ebola is how quickly it's evolving. Normally it destroys itself by being so deadly with low incubation periods. Now the virus is hyper-evolving - I fully expect it to be airborne by this point.

BTW, Patient Zero in Dallas wasn't forced into the hospital, he WALKED in.....he's already infected many people by now.

I thought he was broughtin by ambulance...........

After being sent home btw the first time

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Comments like this just give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

CDC director: "It is certainly possible someone who had contact with this individual could develop Ebola in the coming weeks"

Amen dude, amen, just makes me want to rip my hair out and go running off down the street screaming.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Good point, but I know when I have the flu, I aint getting out of bed to socialize with anyone myself.

That often depends on the person, Ive worked with the flu , but then I have a high threshold so I think that depends on the person..

And many still have contact with others when they have it , go to the store etc

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Logically, and scientifically, all this guy had to do is hand someone change from his pocket, and he could have transmitted the virus. Like I said, 90 degree temps and 50% humidity average in Dallas
edit on 30-9-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

Wrong!! You need to see what Canada's CDC type agency says about that. It can live on simple everyday hard surfaces for days. This is a very resilient strain and that is why it has spread so bad. Probably a Bio weapon but im no Microbiologist.

Ever wonder about the Mosquitoes carrying this dam thing around the country? They carry enough viruses and plagues already.

Wrong? I provided my link, did you?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To those afraid of airborne, I suspect at best this will be spread by droplets (still not good, i agree).

My reasoning? HIV mutates much faster and has not become airborne.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have dumb #$%@& in charge. I wish they would work on a cure/vaccine for stupid.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wills120

You are spot on and FEMA protocol normally says to shut that mother down, lock down the city so it can not get out.

That is what they should do. Screw one city to save the country, yep that is the only solution that makes any sense. It will spread like wild fire now.

Yet they left the borders wide open to these countries in Africa so this is done intentional. Canada already said it will survive for day just about anywhere. They normally burn the whole dam village down in Africa to stop Ebola.

It is time to panic, Get to your bug out locations NOW OR VERY SOON before you have a chance to be infected because you know our evil government will spray us with this crap if they can. You all know the Government people who are in the loop have been inoculated against this since the doctors were cured.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
How many days was this guy in the States before quarantine?

Anyone?
edit on 30-9-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
To those afraid of airborne, I suspect at best this will be spread by droplets (still not good, i agree).

My reasoning? HIV mutates much faster and has not become airborne.

Great point!!!

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join