It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: kosmicjack

A worst case for the Dallas FW area isn't really the Ebola.. Say (god forbid) there are 10 cases, then maybe 20-100 resulting from this... The potential panic could kill far more people than the virus would. And if they try to enforce a quarantine on an affected area there, it could be even worse.

To me, the Ebola isn't nearly as scary as what could happen if people panic and feel trapped.

Yes, I agree. I live here and all my friends are spooked.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I hope he wasn't living in a college dorm. any news on where he lived? Hopefully he didn't goto walmart......

We will know if Ebola starts pooping up in Dallas....

We need to pray for real

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What?

CDC Director said they would cast the net widely and track people who did not have direct contact with this patient.

What does that mean or imply?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
What?

CDC Director said they would cast the net widely and track people who did not have direct contact with this patient.

What does that mean or imply?

It means NSA is working overtime.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Easy he was infected for at the most 6 days before quarantine.. There is no telling how many have been infected, or where they are at now

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

They cured Ebola infected patients in Atlanta with an "experimental" drug treatment. Cured. They have a vaccine.

They can put this fire out, only question is... How long will they let it burn?

imo

Just in case, remember, in the unlikely event of an emergency, don't panic, remain calm, walk, don't run to the nearest emergency exit, and be assured, help is on the way.

I agree 100%. They have a vaccine.

Small point, but worth mentioning, you can't vaccinate someone who is already infected. The 'Vaccine' you are referring to that was administered to the evacuated healthcare workers was an anti-viral agent which was designed to restrict the production of the specific RNA that Ebola needs to attach itself to blood cells. Its tool early to say if the anti viral agent was effective.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

9/18/14 Infected (from 18th-->assume it was 17th or 18thfor instance,, said good-bye the night before,, wink,wink.)

9/21/14
10/12/14

21 Days.
from 18th to ,,,October 8th.

21 days.Oct.8th,, if the man is still alive,,on October 9th,,that would be good. or at least hopefull.

Oct 8th.

The world can wait a whole 8 days ,,right?

One thing not mentioned,,If u had contact with Mr. X or ground Zero,, take your pick,,is,,
"
go too your nearest Dr. and say,, "please,,test me for Ebola,,"i know Mr. X."

thats just common sence right??

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just listened to Sanjay Gupta on CNN. He said what concerns him, is the person was not isolated for four days while infected. They don't know who or how many have really been exposed. Including health care workers.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Found this in regards to their "wide net". Just checked out CDC's official youtube channel, and saw this video that they post a week and a half ago.

www.youtube.com...

They use "contact tracing".

"Contact tracing means finding everyone who comes into contact with an Ebola patient."

They ask the victim and victim's family who they were in contact with. Those people are then found and watched for 21 days. If any of them develop symptoms, the whole thing starts from the beginning. They find everyone that person has been in contact with, and monitor for 21 days.

"The process is repeated until there are no new patients."
"Even one missed contact can keep the outbreak going."

Sounds like fun.
edit on 30-9-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The press is reporting a different story than the CDC, the CDC is saying he was hospitalized and quarantined

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed today, through laboratory tests, the first case of Ebola to be diagnosed in the United States in a person who had traveled to Dallas, Texas from West Africa. The patient did not have symptoms when leaving West Africa, but developed symptoms approximately five days after arriving in the U.S. on Sept. 20.

The person sought medical care at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas after developing symptoms consistent with Ebola. Based on the person’s travel history and symptoms, CDC recommended testing for Ebola. The medical facility isolated the patient and sent specimens for testing at CDC and at a Texas lab participating in the CDC’s Laboratory Response Network. CDC and the Texas Health Department reported the laboratory test results to the medical center to inform the patient. A CDC team is being dispatched to Dallas.

CDC

The man, whose identity was not released, left Liberia on September 19 and arrived in the United States on September 20, said Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the CDC.

At that time, the individual did not have symptoms. "But four or five days later," he began to exhibit them, Frieden said. The individual was hospitalized and isolated Sunday at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

CNN

So he was infected days before the quarantine...

At least 4-6 days he was infected before quarantine!!
edit on 30-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LeviWardrobe
If I lived in that area I'd seriously consider working from home and avoiding all contact with others as much as possible.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So he got on plane and all those people are breathing his droplets in recycled air. Brilliant.

Explain to me why anyone is leaving affected areas of Africa? Why isn't it quarantined, and if Africa can't do that WE can refuse entry to people from affected areas.

This was meant to spread. If they really wanted to control this outbreak, no one would be flying in and out of affected area. Period.

CdT

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Me too. If there is an outbreak, I'm hunkering down.

Found this at rt news.

rt.com...

"Ebola does not spread during the eight-to-10-day average incubation period, which can last as short as two days or as long as 21 days. All air travelers leaving West Africa are screened for fevers both before and after the flight." Well clearly that's helpful.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

They cured Ebola infected patients in Atlanta with an "experimental" drug treatment. Cured. They have a vaccine.

imo

Just in case, remember, in the unlikely event of an emergency, don't panic, remain calm, walk, don't run to the nearest emergency exit, and be assured, help is on the way.

Small point, but worth mentioning, you can't vaccinate someone who is already infected. The 'Vaccine' you are referring to that was administered to the evacuated healthcare workers was an anti-viral agent which was designed to restrict the production of the specific RNA that Ebola needs to attach itself to blood cells. Its tool early to say if the anti viral agent was effective.

I understand the difference of a cure and a vaccine. I was implying that they have a vaccine as well as an "experimental" drug/cure.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

imo

I understand the difference of a cure and a vaccine. I was implying that they have a vaccine as well as an "experimental" drug/cure.

I guess I should also mention that this vaccine is/will not be available to everyone.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I said it when this out break started that it was going to eventually come every one labeled me a fear monger now as i am going to say "I TOLD YOU SO"!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe

Me too. If there is an outbreak, I'm hunkering down.

Found this at rt news.

rt.com...

"Ebola does not spread during the eight-to-10-day average incubation period, which can last as short as two days or as long as 21 days. All air travelers leaving West Africa are screened for fevers both before and after the flight." Well clearly that's helpful.

Juan Williams just suggested a fever test isn't good enough and we need higher standards before letting anybody into the country that might be carrying.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He probably must have infected his children and when they went school, they infected their class and when the school children went home, they too infected their family and it goes on.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I agree, a fever test is peanuts in the face of screening possible Ebola-infected travelers. The worst part is if they screen each passenger individually, do in-depth tests and have people on queues until they pass the test, it'll back up travel for millions.

Imagine having to wait until the test results arrive before you can board a flight. People would be pissed, and I doubt TPTB would allow it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I hope he wasn't living in a college dorm. any news on where he lived? Hopefully he didn't goto walmart......

We will know if Ebola starts pooping up in Dallas....

We need to pray for real

We have to remember as well , that the infection rate was at least doubling every 2 weeks in Africa...

Im not sure how this will compute here

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join