It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

I think they're trying to keep people from worrying.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Have they said if they have quarantined the family members he was staying with?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

quarantine everyone coming in for 21 days. Sorry - I'd rather be safe than sorry.

This may explain the free and open travel.....
www.cnbc.com...

Shares of pharmaceutical companies working on a drug to treat Ebola spiked Tuesday after the Center for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the first case diagnosed in the United States.

link   

originally posted by: loamThis says to me the healthcare workers on that first visit were certainly at risk.

And that the system for identifying and isolating potential cases is a *FAILURE*.

link   
a reply to: LeviWardrobe
Sick on 24th... went in for a look on the 26th... left and came back days later.

Oops yeah, others he came into contact with are doomed.

link   

They're too busy telling everyone we have nothing to really worry about.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: jhn7537
Comments like this just give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

CDC director: "It is certainly possible someone who had contact with this individual could develop Ebola in the coming weeks"

So matter of fact...

Why is that *at all* acceptable to anyone at the CDC or in the U.S. Government!!??

Citizens should be outraged. IMHO this is an outright failure of our government to protect us, no less than the failure to secure our borders.

He also said he is certain and without a doubt that they will keep Ebola from spreading widely if they follow procedure. Surely you all heard him say that too? What makes that part of his statement less important than anything else he said?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

A worst case for the Dallas FW area isn't really the Ebola.. Say (god forbid) there are 10 cases, then maybe 20-100 resulting from this... The potential panic could kill far more people than the virus would. And if they try to enforce a quarantine on an affected area there, it could be even worse.

To me, the Ebola isn't nearly as scary as what could happen if people panic and feel trapped.

link   

THEATER. All just theater. There is no real plan, strategy or system for this.

link   

originally posted by: loamThis says to me the healthcare workers on that first visit were certainly at risk.

And that the system for identifying and isolating potential cases is a *FAILURE*.

This is what really scares me.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Gully

I think they're trying to keep people from worrying.

You could restate that as...lets keep the people unconcerned so they don't do anything to protect themselves or get pissed at us (the government). Remember the JV group called ISIS? Remember the "muslims angry over a youtube video" called Benghazi? Lies and distraction...just like a magician...watch this hand, not that one.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: clenz

Because that hasn't worked in West Africa yet.
Western health care workers who have taken extreme precaution have still come down with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: LeviWardrobe

Sick on 24th... went in for a look on the 26th... left and came back days later.

Oops yeah, others he came into contact with are doomed.

They're not releasing any information on the patient and I live in Dallas. How do I know he hasn't been to same pharmacy as me or if he lives in my area?
edit on 30-9-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

To me, the Ebola isn't nearly as scary as what could happen if people panic and feel trapped.

You're right, it's a damn fine line to walk - which is why I personally do not feel they are being completely candid.

link   

Exactly.

It's ludicrous the way they keep downplaying this. It reduces vigilance.

How does that make sense?

link   
So its likely he did spread this virus before being quarantined?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Well if you get sick go to a hospital where ebola patient isn't, just in case?

link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
So its likely he did spread this virus before being quarantined?

Yes, absolutely. I would bet on it.

link   

a reply to: clenz

Because that hasn't worked in West Africa yet.
Western health care workers who have taken extreme precaution have still come down with it.

Well haven't they stopped the spread in Nigeria so far with the same procedure? So surely they are doing something right. If they can stop it there I feel that they can also stop it here.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
And so it begins...No one should be really caught off guard by this, it was just a matter of time. Human history has shown many times that we are a reactive culture, and this will be no different. I love some of the cavalier attitudes towards this I have seen. We are the USA, we can kill anything of any size. I wonder how long it would take to vaccinate 313 million people. Maybe there is some math that can be done.

21 day (roughly) incubation period. Lets say that patient zero infected 5 people, out of the 500 or so he may have been in contact with since first arriving back, which is a 1% infection rate. The infection starts to spread. 21 days later after patient zero is identified, 5 more now come down with ebola. Now each one of those people has the same rate of contact percentage as patient zero. 21 days later, 25 people are listed as infected. Each follows the same rate of infection. 21 days later, 125 people are infected, infecting others at the some rate. 21 days later, 625. 21 days later, 3125. 21 days later, 15625. 21 days later, 78125. In 6 months or so at that rate, over 390,000 people will be infected.

People are waiting 30 minutes for an ambulance in SF, and that is for a gunshot. How long you think it would take an elderly person, or disabled to get diagnosed and treated before spreading it. What about the people confined to their homes, only make one trip a month to the doctor (just long enough to get infected)

I think we are in for world war Z, without the zombies. Hope I am wrong

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join