It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Guy on Fox just said it's highly likely 1 or 2 people the guy came into contact with will come down with Ebola. But they don't expect a large outbreak.

What what about the people those 1 or 2 come in contact with?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I thought that the only place that had a 'special' quarantine room was in Maryland or wherever they sent the DR who was infected? I thought that they made a big deal of that at the time so my question is having worked in healthcare and in hospitals how safe is the quarantine room in this Dallas hospital?

I have seen cross contamination from supposed quarantine rooms, from infected healthcare workers leaving that room and passing the disease onto others. The closed system for air is also oftentimes in need of repair or outdated.

This is concerning, time to really discuss with your family, your children, churches, neighbors and friends. A 10 dollar box of gloves at walmart for when you go into public so that you have less chance of picking up this virus for starters.

Family protocols need to be implemented now. Talk to your kids about how they can pick up germs and how to avoid infecting themselves. Use hand sanitizers but wash hands every chance they get.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control is advising funeral homes in the United States on how to handle the remains of Ebola victims, although officials are keen to stress that the development is not a cause for alarm.

This story broke before dallas ebola paient story was released by the way!!!!
text

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
He probably must have infected his children and when they went school, they infected their class and when the school children went home, they too infected their family and it goes on.

It can only be spread through bodily fluids.

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with

blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
infected animals
Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: texasgirl

Guy on Fox just said it's highly likely 1 or 2 people the guy came into contact with will come down with Ebola. But they don't expect a large outbreak.

What what about the people those 1 or 2 come in contact with?

Guy on fox clearly has a cerebral disconnect between his statement and how outbreaks happen.

Its a muliplier effect......lol herp derp.....

I live 45 miles west of DFW next few months is going to be interesting.......

Im wondering how honest the media is going to be with this...

It really isnt something you can downplay on the news when its happening in your country...

I heard the other day it takes around 25 workers to care for ONE person with Ebola....what happens when you have 50 or more?

THat will start to take a toll on our medical practitioners, at some point you either run out of man power or they decide the risk is too great to stick around

link   
This is crazy. When is everyone's end game? Like when do I stop showing up for work and lock myself/family down? What are u looking for/see before u bug out?

In my professional opinion, this is air born. I base this on the number of health care workers who have been affected! If it is "simply" bodily fluids then why r they getting sick?

link   
a reply to: Gully

Exactly. Any number of people could be carrying it by now, and we might not know for days or weeks.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Just noticed this on CNN and Yahoo, but of course the most rational and interesting discussion can be found right here on ATS. Good thread and heads-up, S+F. That said, if this particular strain was to go airborne, I might be tempted to head for the hills or some local blue mountain shale cave systems. Nevertheless, I am surprised news of this first domestically diagnosed case was made public. With some luck, and taking into consideration all I have read thus far, this will hopefully be the only US case.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Your not taking into consideration the 947 times ebola has mutated since it started op. a reply to: thesmokingman

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How many relatives, children gave him BIG HUGS upon his return? They then went onto school, work, stores etc. Just patient zero alone has a road map that is impossible to track.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kupoliveson
This is crazy. When is everyone's end game? Like when do I stop showing up for work and lock myself/family down? What are u looking for/see before u bug out?

In my professional opinion, this is air born. I base this on the number of health care workers who have been affected! If it is "simply" bodily fluids then why r they getting sick?

I already avoid people at work like they have the plague. Especially when I see idiots barely wet there hands after using the restroom... holy cow, dudes, use soap. Luckily I'm not near Dallas but if I hear about somebody I know having been there you better believe they won't see me in person.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: StoutBroux
The patient displayed non-specific symptoms and checked into the hospital on the 24th. The hospital released him and he was checked back in on the 28th. (The patient didn’t get sick until 4 days after he got off the airplane. He left Liberia on the 19th and arrived on the 20th.) The thing is, the doc says a person could display symptoms anywhere from 2-18 days after exposure so there is a possibility he COULD have gotten it after arriving in the US but it is likely he got it while in Liberia. It sounds like the hospital got more worried after finding out the patient had been to Liberia but they would have know this on the first visit it seems to me. CDC is just giving an update on Fox news. They won’t release his nationality but he evidently was with family after arriving in the US.

You likely won't hear much about WHO this person is. If you do...I would watch out for lies. Who this person is, is important toward knowing how and why. Which is why we will never know. I've been curious about Obama's change of attitude since his last vacation. To me, it seemed that he was given bad news that he couldn't control and was in a state of depression. Spending time with family, a less-than-energetic appearance, etc. Just my thoughts at the moment.

I got the same impression, but thought i was being paranoid. He looked very visibly aged and tired. I wondered why he was on vacation at all given what was going on in the world (ebola,ISIS, Ukraine, etc.) because I would expect some resolve to act more urgently than he was. The only reason I could think he would not, is if he knew it would be in vain, and then there was that look on his face like he was bearing the burden of a massive unpleasant secret.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That's true, but doesn't necessarily mean much. This man shared a kitchen and bathroom with people. Exactly how hygienic are people? Not very. There are a million ways this can be transmitted by bodily fluids. Simply having a toothbrush in the same holder as others could be enough to spread it. Taking Listerine out of the cap. Wiping your face, hands or toilet seat with toilet paper, and then someone else takes out the garbage bag. There are so many ways in the bathroom alone, for bodily fluids to swap. And all it has to do in be in contact with mucous membranes, which are plenty. The eyes and mouth being the most obvious.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Your not taking into consideration the 947 times ebola has mutated since it started op. a reply to: thesmokingman

You mean the CDC is not taking that into consideration? www.cdc.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

And how many of those children came into direct physical contact with their class mates and during break time playing sports, sweating and again coming into physical contact with others and they come home infecting more friends and family.

How is this going to be traced and stopped before it's too late?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AphoticJoe

Just noticed this on CNN and Yahoo, but of course the most rational and interesting discussion can be found right here on ATS. Good thread and heads-up, S+F. That said, if this particular strain was to go airborne, I might be tempted to head for the hills or some local blue mountain shale cave systems. Nevertheless, I am surprised news of this first domestically diagnosed case was made public. With some luck, and taking into consideration all I have read thus far, this will hopefully be the only US case.

I hope it is too, but I would bet the mortgage that it will not

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: antar

And how many of those children came into direct physical contact with their class mates and during break time playing sports, sweating and again coming into physical contact with others and they come home infecting more friends and family.

How is this going to be traced and stopped before it's too late?

We must also remember that apparently you are not contagious unless you are exhibiting symptoms.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well looks like this is no longer a 3rd world problem. We will now see if the many people saying that this wouldn't spread in the US because if our 1st world status and care will hold true.

I personally think that it has the potential to spread faster in the US due to our interconnected cities and commerce. People here travel a lot and often, and many people have terrible hygiene.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So... do I commit suicide now or do I wait for that

I've been eighteen for approximately two months, what do I do? Do I give up hope or whatever? Not that I have much, so what do I do

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
So he got on plane and all those people are breathing his droplets in recycled air. Brilliant.

Explain to me why anyone is leaving affected areas of Africa? Why isn't it quarantined, and if Africa can't do that WE can refuse entry to people from affected areas.

This was meant to spread. If they really wanted to control this outbreak, no one would be flying in and out of affected area. Period.

CdT

It's not airbourne, people breathing the same air as someone on a plane are not likely to get it. There have been cases before were people were infected, boarded planes and passed nothing to other passengers.
Apparently this man wasn't symptomatic when travelling so there's even less chance he spread anything on the plane.

Plane travel hasn't stopped because Africa is a huge place with huge borders and people can pass from country to country by land and then board a plane somewhere else. The governments of the whole of Africa would hardly agree to shut all their borders so it just wouldn't work. Also it's about trade and money so I suppose our governments see it as worth the risk if a few cases come over.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join