It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly! And they are very close in contact with eachother, really young ones always putting stuff in their mouths that others may have touched, i see how quickly my kids spread a bug to one another it doesn't take long and how quikly bugs travel around a classroom at my daughters school, ugh!! This whole thing makes me want to sit in a bath of dettol or possibly bleach.. Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nano silver - anyone have any info that doesn't come from some shady site? All I can find is personal opinion that it helps Ebola.....

ETA - this seems the most informative, but it seems like a sales brochure.
drrimatruthreports.com...
edit on 1-10-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
But all we can do is go day by day and keep an eye on the spread, i.

But now we just need to deal with it

we can do much more than go day by day and keep an eye on it.
it is here and we do need to deal with it. thing is more needs to be done to deal with it.

the us has not restricted travel to africa yet...that is something that can be done
the us has not restricted travel from africa yet....something else that can be done

our gov and other gov's around the world can put pressure on the correct people/gov of africa to start burning their dead instead of burying them. religious practice and rituals be damned......that is something that can be done.

obama wants to send 3k us citizens into the danger zone to fight this....well, m not sure i agree with that but this gov should be making damn sure that EVERYTHING possible is being done BEFORE citizens from other countries travel to the danger zone.

those are just a couple things off the top of my head that can be done.....could be done yet it is not.

that is a major ball drop.

people keep saying this is going to be like the plague....if that is the case then LOCK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, i know i keep saying the us but thats cause i live there. if you live in italy then substitute the us for italy. same deal though. lock it down.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Michelle129th

Then, someone comes from an infected area displaying symptoms and they send him home? So much for that training.

That is one of the reasons why Ebola is so problematic.

It hides, it pretends to be something else… It is impossible to test everyone who has a fever and impractical to quarantine every one with a slight headache or raised temperature.

After a protracted incubation, then a realization that its more serious than "just a flu", a potential victim makes their way to the medical facility where they may or may not be diagnosed. I know that my many ventures to a hospital over my life time have been met with a tiered response to any complaints I had. Usually ending with a handful of antibiotics. They want to try this first, sort of approach.

Thats why that guy was turned away the first time.

You can bet they are on hi alert now and that is why Ebola is so serious. It goes to the hospital and gets away clean. Then it takes out an Ambulance and EMTs. First Ebola strike on city defenses.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
Nano silver - anyone have any info that doesn't come from some shady site? All I can find is personal opinion that it helps Ebola.....

I read about that on here a couple months back! But i think it was just personal opinion, strangely i was talking with my partner about this before when we were discussing Ebola & i did a search and couldn't come up with much other than personal opinions not any real studies but if you do find info confirmimg it works could you please let me know? I will do the same if i find anything worth reading!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

This whole thing makes me want to sit in a bath of dettol or possibly bleach..
]
LOL, don't do that, you'll bleach yourself. Wonder how many people are running the stores there for disinfectant, though?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Regarding Zmapp, et al:

Major pharmaceutical companies have shown little interest in developing effective treatments for diseases such as this. There’s no incentive for the commercial risks of research and companies naturally prefer to focus on diseases that can sustain large markets of wealthy regular users.

Let’s consider the most advanced drug: ZMapp, which is produced by Mapp Biopharmaceuticals and is the experimental treatment the fuss has been about. The incentive for developing ZMapp was clearly not its broad commercial potential. Instead, it is for developing capacity for biodefence.

How Western national interest drives Ebola drug development

So the "miracle cure" the press has been touting is the result of biodefense R&D.

If we see a glut of research begin in this field, we can only assume they plan on having "large markets of wealthy regular users."

As to Zmapp' manufacture:

Figure 4 shows the dynamics of the population age for 1% and 5% w/v inoculum sizes and the subsequent prediction of antibody r14D9 accumulation. According to the model, we assumed that proliferating cells produce the recombinant protein. Expression of r14D9 began on the fourth day, when cell proliferation ends, continued up to the tenth day (1% inoculum size) or eighth day (5% inoculum size), and then abruptly decayed.

Mathematical Model for Production of Recombinant Antibody 14D9 By Nicotiana tabacum Cell Suspension Batch Culture

If I'm reading this right, the tobacco stops producing the antibodies after 8 to 10 days and I would presume be harvested. After all, after the anibodies are no longer produced, why allow the plant grow further?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Sadly, is an agenda behind ebola right now, remember that if you have searched into the ebola vaccine US has funded with tax dollars 13 different research labs with tax dollars in the millions since 2003, but because ebola is been limited to the poor countries in Africa nobody was in a hurry to finish a vaccine, 11 years of testing and millions of dollars and all the research labs had to show for was a serum that never was tested in humans until this year when the two American doctors got sick.

What that tells you, now more millions of dollars in the pocket of big pharma and now the vaccine is been tested

But no enough money to push it in Africa, but alas ebola in the US, stock markets booming for those behind the vaccine, now is money to be made.

No, the government is not going to close the borders, is not going to restrict travel because they need infected people in the US.

What that tells you, people still doesn't get it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yeah this is not going to end well.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

I think it will, we may have some people dying, but big pharma is going to reap billions for the vaccine that has been financed by us the tax payers

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

i dont know how deep that conspiracy really goes, if it is even a conspiracy.

there is money in medicine though. thats nothing new.

why should meds for ebola in africa be any different?

r&d companies/big pharm are not going to spend millions of dollars and years on developing a treatment/cure for a disease only to give it away for free.
its never happened and it is not going to happen.

should they be doing that is a whole different discussion.

either way you said all we can do is take it day by day and watch. that is not true though

there COULD be a lot more to be done to stop/slow this down
i cant say exactly why they are not but they could.

you think you have it figured out and you very well may be right.

they could do more but theyre not.....thats a fact

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

There are plenty of anti-virals that are easily had and proven effective. Garlic, eat a raw clove every day. Turmeric and oil of oregano can be taken in capsules. Keep a cheap humidifier in your home and add tea tree oil to the water. I use about 20 drops per gallon of water. The expensive humidifiers have too many filters for the tea tree oil to muck up. Keep a small spray bottle of alcohol with tea tree oil around at all times, especially when you are out and about. About ten drops per 4oz of alcohol, use it to clean your hands and objects you may have to come in contact with. Spray down the inside of your car when you get home. There is a lot of prevention that can be gotten easily, common sense being the most important.

When it comes right down to it, I don't trust the experts. They managed to bring this virus to us, the CDC attempted to hide it, and the experienced hospital workers here have testified to the fact that most hospitals are in a position to spread this thing further through negligence.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I think it will, we may have some people dying, but big pharma is going to reap billions for the vaccine that has been financed by us the tax payers

you may be right about that as well.
just glad myself and my family dont live in africa.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Doodle19815

There are plenty of anti-virals that are easily had and proven effective. Garlic, eat a raw clove every day. Turmeric and oil of oregano can be taken in capsules. Keep a cheap humidifier in your home and add tea tree oil to the water. I use about 20 drops per gallon of water. The expensive humidifiers have too many filters for the tea tree oil to muck up. Keep a small spray bottle of alcohol with tea tree oil around at all times, especially when you are out and about. About ten drops per 4oz of alcohol, use it to clean your hands and objects you may have to come in contact with. Spray down the inside of your car when you get home. There is a lot of prevention that can be gotten easily, common sense being the most important.

yeah i love this

who needs the vaccine when you can eat a bowl of broccoli and clear that ebola right up

wow

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: larapa
a reply to: criticalhit

So we know it can survive in his refrigerator for 50 days

Anyone over who took food over 4 days?

What was he in Liberia for, drugs? sex trade why does anyone who is not a doctor actually go to Liberia? lets be real

If he was a sex addict or a user as is likely did he share a needle or a straw or even a pipe with anyone in that 4-5 days?

Did he have any partners state side?

If this prick was indecisive in a 24 hr supermarket in the meat or milk section and handled 20 or so products in that time your all screwed....

Africa must be sex and drugs maybe monkey aids?!?.... well no he went to visit his family . Come on calm down what we have here is an isolate case with a low (has potential) liklihood of spreading look at the containment in senegal and nigeria at the moment .

Also I am and im sure others would be much happier if you refrained from name calling and deformation of character of a sick dying man and his family.

Get a grip.... the boogeyman under your bed is from the third world and hes coming to get you one needle riddle sex adddict at a time!

You know you and most Americans and Westerners have had it so cush for so long your virtually mentally ill in regards to the actual dangers certain things and situations really pose.

Where do you get off deciding this guy was just visiting family and even if so, are you even remotely aware what daily life is like in LIBERIA, it's not some ghetto in the states where the kids think they are hard and get pissed off because the white kids get the xbox one a few weeks faster than they do... it's Liberia, it's a nightmare state, jobs virtually don't exist half the female population are whores the other half have been raped, every disease known to man is ripe in the streets, drug use is a way of life for almost everyone, murder is daily reality the warlords are sometimes cannibals, child prostitution and child sex tourism is a way of life...

And yeah i'll get into the deformation of character of a sick man, he's a piece of trash, your in the middle of an outbreak of ebola and you travel if your not in health care? that's an ill informed, careless, waste of a human being, I'm supposed to believe this moron didn't know he had encountered anybody with Ebola when they are burying people left and right? Or that he wasn't just trying to save his own skin while putting people at risk? What he obviously cared about was getting the hell out of Liberia which I can echo the sentiment and understand but it still doesn't make him a decent person.

The containment in Africa is ONE location, it's not America, the boogey man in this case is absolutely REAL we have an incredibly different situation here and the TRUTH is that the potential for an epidemic here is vastly worse than in Africa, okay Viruses are by design creatures that limit themselves in order too replicate and not kill off the host species, epidemics happen when NEW sets of circumstances arise by accident, the virus can live 50 days at 37 F, 50 days at 37 F, 50 days at 37 F... I repeat that so you geniuses actually UNDERSTAND that this virus is being entered in THIS country under circumstances UNLIKE Africa where the environment wont kill it fast on surfaces and NO place in Africa has the day to day commerce or transportation systems we do nor these temperatures, it's cold as hell on many of our subways and busses, our cities are riddled with rats in certain locations and YES they are a vector.

AFRICA does not have the conditions for this to become a true Plague, it's the Viruses natural environment, it is entering an environment where in some places as much as 6-7 months of the year the god damned thing just wont die outside or on money or handrails etc, etc.... The mosquitoes are different, the bats are different, the livestock is different NO ONE has any idea what species could become rampant vectors and unlike Africa we mass cull our livestock too

Get it in your THICK skulls people... The CONDITIONS for this to become rampant exist in the modern world not in Africa, the temperature, the different species the way we conduct daily life is DIFFERENT and this is exactly how a disease becomes a pandemic... the only damn reason it wont with this case is because it's still to warm in Dallas most likely, this happens in November and the guy has a couple of weeks to trot around it will become a PERMANENT environment in North America and it absolutely has the potential to take down whole cities in this country.

NO ONE should be allowed in from these locations unless under strict medical supervision and the only reason they are doing that is because they are as scared silly as this MICROBIOLOGIST is....

And stop being a PC jerk... QUARANTINES are not about your bs PC wanna be humanitarian make myself feel good about myself puke... it's called Quarantine for a reason it has a definition it has nothing to do with race ideology or tolerance to sex and drug practices, it's about not killing your neighbors by being a imbecile and Liberia absolutely, absolutely beyond any reasonable doubt is IS a Cesspool of transmissible behaviors across the vast bulk of the population.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Uhmm, can I remind you that it is already catastrophic in Africa? You know, I care about All (good) People!

I was speaking globally, not only about the U.S okay? If you're very lucky it will end well in america, but what about Europe and Asia (There are Lot of asians in africa)

In a perfect world the disease would've been terminated before killing anyone but it looks like we're facing the opposite.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So we fly two infected Americans home on a specialized plane and transport them to a specialized hospital. This guy shows symptoms here and tests positive for Ebola but no specialized plane to take him to the specialized hospital?

I guess the damage has already been done?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Yep. That simple. First line of defense is your immune system.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It is, but as you see, big pharma careless about the poor and dying in Africa, millions of dollars on research but not help for Africa, now the irony, US ebola, now is money to be made.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

And yeah i'll get into the deformation of character of a sick man, he's a piece of trash, your in the middle of an outbreak of ebola and you travel if your not in health care? that's an ill informed, careless, waste of a human being,

NO ONE should be allowed in from these locations unless under strict medical supervision

And stop being a PC jerk... QUARANTINES are not about your bs PC wanna be humanitarian make myself feel good about myself puke... it's called Quarantine for a reason it has a definition it has nothing to do with race ideology or tolerance to sex and drug practices, it's about not killing your neighbors by being a imbecile and Liberia absolutely, absolutely beyond any reasonable doubt is IS a Cesspool of transmissible behaviors across the vast bulk of the population.

i dont know about your talk of temperatures and vector rats but i do like what you said up there.
all those place are # hole dumps.
since there is an outbreak there and there is a chance for it to spread to other countries then those other countries need to restrict travel. they need to not let people from africa into their countries right now.
if say it spreads from africa to france then other countries need to restrict travel from africa and france into their countries..

screw their feelings. screw peoples right to travel.
there is something much bigger at stake here.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join