It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The CDC says it's not airborne, yet it is known to have jumped from infected monkeys to pigs that were isolated from each other.

The CDC says it's not contagious until symptoms appear, meaning a person could not be a 'carrier'?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't put much faith in the CDC. They've been known to be wrong before, and they've been caught in blatant lies on more than one occasion.

Guess that stockpile of FEMA coffins may come in handy after all.

link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Yes I know the history of "Liberia" or let say Americo-Liberians), that is why the man had no problem with traveling from his country into the US.

Perhaps a history research is in line here?

That doesn't excuse the fact that he came from a country that is suffering from a epidemic, and that our government has not restricted the travelling of the possible infected into our nation.

Is an issue of security, nothing else.

link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Doodle19815

There are plenty of anti-virals that are easily had and proven effective. Garlic, eat a raw clove every day. Turmeric and oil of oregano can be taken in capsules. Keep a cheap humidifier in your home and add tea tree oil to the water. I use about 20 drops per gallon of water. The expensive humidifiers have too many filters for the tea tree oil to muck up. Keep a small spray bottle of alcohol with tea tree oil around at all times, especially when you are out and about. About ten drops per 4oz of alcohol, use it to clean your hands and objects you may have to come in contact with. Spray down the inside of your car when you get home. There is a lot of prevention that can be gotten easily, common sense being the most important.

When it comes right down to it, I don't trust the experts. They managed to bring this virus to us, the CDC attempted to hide it, and the experienced hospital workers here have testified to the fact that most hospitals are in a position to spread this thing further through negligence.

What is wrong with you?

Broccoli and Garlic wont stop Ebola, your immune system has no natural response to a virus it never encountered before, it can help, but you still need a natural immune response which will take way too long for a westerner first exposed to develop, i'm a giant advocate of these things but it needs something to work with the blood saturation levels to eliminate anything aside from topical applications are simply way too high, Vit C would work INJECTED only and no one really has the ability to do that constantly over duration, garlic would slow in massive doses slow the progression maaaaaybe help you live through it but there is no "cure" in this

There would only be one answer to this if the US conditions turn it into a Pandemic and it gets a foot hold in our eco system and that happens... Quarantine, and that is a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

a reply to: CardiffGiant

Yep. That simple. First line of defense is your immune system.

i agree with that but come on man...
you really think garlic and tumeric and ceyanne pepper is going to save your ass?
if so more power to you. good luck

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

come on criticalhit.

all a person needs to do is put some extra oregano and garlic on their pasta sauce and theyll be good to go.
bwuahahahaha

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Yes I know the history of "Liberia" or let say Americo-Liberians), that is why the man had no problem with traveling from his country into the US.

Perhaps a history research is in line here?

That doesn't excuse the fact that he came from a country that is suffering from a epidemic, and that our government has not restricted the travelling of the possible infected into our nation.

Is an issue of security, nothing else.

Amen Sister, preaching to the Choir

We are letting our ideals get in the way of common sense here and it really does have the potential to kill Millions and they are lying through their collective teeth.

And your right, it's the govt I should be bashing not this poor clueless idiot, he couldn't have done something this stupid if air traffic was restricted.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I was responding to a member that was asking about colloidal silver. You brought the broccoli into the conversation. My emphasis was on prevention, such as keeping yourself safe out in public. Rather than depending on the experts to protect or cure us, which they won't, I am simply suggesting that we take care of ourselves first.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i cant believe when facing a pandemic people are still worried about feelings and being pc and all that crap.

not just that and not just other countries...

they still are not burning their dead over there. they bury them and then animals drag the carcasses back.

they are more worried about traditions and/or religious ceremonies to i dont know, DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS DISEASE.....

people are unreal.

as smart as humans are and all the things we have figured out and accomplished, we are still dumb as hell.
i mean globally as a species....
priorities are still not straight. still worried about the small things and the small picture.

maybe klatuu does need to come save the earth from us.

in the big universal picture that might be best

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why didn’t the USA and CDC close all flights to and From Africa?

IMO this would be common sense and a simple deterrent if this disease is so deadly, it's almost like someone, or group wants chaos to ensue.

link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The CDC says it's not airborne, yet it is known to have jumped from infected monkeys to pigs that were isolated from each other.

The CDC says it's not contagious until symptoms appear, meaning a person could not be a 'carrier'?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't put much faith in the CDC. They've been known to be wrong before, and they've been caught in blatant lies on more than one occasion.

Guess that stockpile of FEMA coffins may come in handy after all.

This video offers some clarification. Great channel

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

link   

I was responding to a member that was asking about colloidal silver. You brought the broccoli into the conversation. My emphasis was on prevention, such as keeping yourself safe out in public. Rather than depending on the experts to protect or cure us, which they won't, I am simply suggesting that we take care of ourselves first.

i know i mentioned broccooli. just being a smart ass i suppose. its what i do.
we should take care of ourselves first. im sure garlic and oregano AND BROCCOLI(hahaha) will not do any harm to people but at the same time i think it will do absolutely nothing to save you from ebola.
my opinion

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is very very scary, because the man that has Ebola, had to have flown over here, so who knows how many people on that plane came into contact with it, Ebola has a 20-30 day incubation period, before you even know you have it. So that means that Ebola could potentially spread very rapidly without anyone even knowing it is . By then its too late, and personally I believe it is too late. Avoid contact with people as much as possible. Clean hygeine, wash hands, if you start to feel sick, dont panic, just go to the hospital and get checked up. Better stalk up on non perishable foods just in case you have to isolate yourself from the public. Isolation is the only way to beat this.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant Do your research-- Witness2008 is completely accurate. We've been so conditioned to think we need big pharma to save us from illnesses but we don't-- that's the western way of thinking

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Erm.... Didn't mean to start a debate and derail the thread.

Thank you for the preventative advice. Though I did read that boosting your immune system may in fact make this particular virus worse.

I use tea tree oil faithfully. I put drops in hand soaps, shampoos, and conditioners. I also mix it with coconut oil and use for a moisturizer/sanitizer during cold/flu season.

Now, back on topic, I will keep researching the nano silver.

link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Could be. But I think it's about the economy.

link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Isolation is the only way to beat this.

exactly. so countries need to isolate themselves.
restrict travel to and from africa. if travel to and from other places need to be restricted as well then so be it

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't blame the man and neither his family, is more than that, when it comes to the links of Liberians and the US, the citizens for US ancestry has been fighting for dual citizenship for years.

They see their nation as a extension of the US.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Because the GOV does not care about you

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360
a reply to: CardiffGiant Do your research-- Witness2008 is completely accurate. We've been so conditioned to think we need big pharma to save us from illnesses but we don't-- that's the western way of thinking

ive looked into it before. no need to do it again.
we are going to need big pharm to save us from this. veggies and spices are not going to do it.

im not going to get into this discussion any further. ive debated it numerous times.

think what you want and i will do the same.

good luck with your garlic and oregano. ill be standing in line for the vaccine

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Here's a snippet from a National Geographic article, dated July 2014.

Why Deadly Ebola Virus Is Likely to Hit the U.S. But Not Spread
Air Passengers Monitored

Several West African nations are planning to set up monitoring at airports to try to identify people with fevers before they board planes. It makes more sense to put checkpoints in West African countries than to scan incoming passengers in the U.S., said Martin Cetron, the CDC's director for Global Migration and Quarantine.

There are few direct flights from West Africa to the U.S., so most feverish passengers entering American airports will have something far more routine and less risky than Ebola.

Ebola is contagious only when symptomatic, so someone unknowingly harboring the virus would not pass it on, Monroe said.

Even passengers showing symptoms are unlikely to pass the disease on to fellow travelers, he said.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join