It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I will still feel a whole heckuva lot better about this if he's still feeling pretty good in a couple of weeks.

Because it just seems so coincidental that he came down with some kind of virus after spending...what was it? Thirty minutes (or more) in a small, contained environment harboring the Ebola virus.

I hope like crazy that he IS okay...along with the other deputies, healthcare workers, power washers and members of Duncan's family...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
medical care is not infallible.
people get diagnosed with one thing only to return to the er the next day all the time.

also, emergency rooms give care on an emergency basis.
if this guy came in saying he had a headache and a slight fever it is not unreasonable to be that he would get sent home.

did he say im from liberia?
or did he say i was in liberia a couple days ago?

lots of what ifs but it is clear this guy was not truthful. answering their questions honestly goes a long way to a correct diagnosis.

also, how do we know he wasnt sent home but told to come back if symptoms dont go away or if they get worse?
anyone who has been to the er knows thats what they tell you.

take these antibiotics and if it gets worse or persists then come back asap.

seems to me like that is what they did.

so whats the problem again?

non citizen liar did not get absolute perfect medical care despite his lies???

oh boo hoo

my local tv news today said that when duncan went to the hospital the FIRST time, he had a temp of 103 and told them he came from liberia.....
edit on 10-10-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: badgerprints

I've found the NY Times article. It does say they tried to get her into the maternity ward first, but were turned away, so they tried the ebola ward. It doesn't necessarily mean that they knew she had ebola - the hospital could have recommended she go there for emergency care. I don't see anything in the article that confirms they (including Duncan) knew she had ebola at the time they took her to the hospital.

Regardless of whether this Duncan guy was an irresponsible scumbag or an innocent good samaritan, the hospital must accept blame for the way they handled his first visit. I'm glad you agree with that.

Can't get her into the maternity ward? Lets put her with a bunch of ebola patients then. That'd be great for a woman who's seven months pregnant. Right? That's great logic. Put a pregnant woman who doesn't have ebola into an ebola ward.
Lovely. Freaking lovely. They would only try to put her into the ebola ward if she had ebola.

Anyway,
The family confirmed in CNN reports that the man had worked directly with ebola patients. There is no question that he didn't. There is just the ongoing effort to hide that fact for political reasons.

Was he a scumbag? Probably not. He got the disease while risking his life to help an ebola victim. That's not something I'd expect of a scumbag. He knew he'd been exposed so he was was probably scared as hell. Unfortunately, he stopped being so noble when he stepped on that plane.

He didn't help when he failed to divulge specific information to the people who might have saved him. It cost him four days and maybe his life.

I really say I'm not surprised by the hospital missing this because I know what they are like in Texas.
I also know that "Health Care" is now run by insurance companies and the US government that mandates how benefits now work and who gets paid for the treatment they offer.

A little example,
I was physically attacked by an individual a few years back. I managed to defend myself and subdue the attacker but not before he did a real number on me. I was bloodied pretty badly, Had holes in my face where my teeth punctured through from the inside when he kicked me and had a severe concussion. My equilibrium was really bad so I could barely walk.
I got a ride to the emergency room.

Emergency rooms in Texas are a lot of fun.

The law requires anybody with no insurance including illegals be treated in an emergency room.
There were about 30 people ahead of me in that emergency room (St. Josephs. Downtown Houston. I'd avoid it.)
I was the only one who couldn't stand up and was bleeding all over the place but I had to wait my turn while people went in and got checkups and free samples for coughs and sneezes. I know one woman was actually in pain because she was in the back hollering for about 12 hours. The rest played games on their phones, ate food they'd brought with them and sneezed and coughed all over each other to show everybody that they were "really" sick. They did stay away from the busted up guy in the corner though. Blood stains are hard to get out.

I sat in an emergency room in a major hospital in one of the biggest cities in the country for 7 hours waiting for treatment. I was finally admitted and laid in a treatment bed for 3 more hours before being seen. I then begged the doctor to look at my eyes because I had noticed the right one was dilated way beyond normal size in the bathroom mirror. I had to prove my insurance would pay for a cat scan before they sent me to get one and then waited another 2 hours for the result. Then I waited some more. Oh, guess what. Big ole concussion and the doc acted pissy because I had to ask several times before he would tell me what they found in the cat scan. It was almost 12 hours after being beaten to a pulp before I was actually treated and the doctor on call didn't even wait for the pain killer to take effect before he started stitching up my face.
Farm animals are treated better.

There aren't that many decent emergency rooms in the border states any more. It's too expensive to operate them as free clinics. They get massive traffic and most of the traffic they get is colds, flu and minor injuries because people get in for free instead of paying at a clinic or their doctor. The majority of cases seen in emergency rooms in Texas are literally fever, stomach ache and nausea presented by patients who are non citizens.
Literally millions of these cases a year.
Overworked medical staff that is presented with the same thing every day, over and over, for free, understaffed and overworked.
Yeah, I can see them screwing up when the patient won't tell them what's wrong.

This hospital did treat him though.
They tested him for various diseases but NOT ebola.
Maybe if the term "Ebola" had come up, he'd have been tested for that too.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I'm still waiting for the CDC test results on the Dallas deputy. Can't find anything on the official site, no news, nothing.

Hold on & give me a second to rewind my DVR, he was just speaking to the press......he was very scared when his temp. Hit 101.7, he said he wondered if his ticket had been punched. Testing came back negative.....

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Did you notice in his photo with the mystery woman at the airport, the whites of his eyes were totally blood shot red. Even I noticed it in the pic.....did anyone else notice it??

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

my local tv news today said that when duncan went to the hospital the FIRST time, he had a temp of 103 and told them he came from liberia.....

i thought we went over the whole 'came from' part.
i come from detroit but i have not been there in 20 years.

did he say im from liberia? or, i was just in liberia?

it really dont matter now.

edit on 10-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

Did you notice in his photo with the mystery woman at the airport, the whites of his eyes were totally blood shot red. Even I noticed it in the pic.....did anyone else notice it??

Didn't see that.
I get bad eye infections some time. Whites get so blood shot that they look like pitted cherries.
The first time I went in with that I had to tell the nurse to look at my eyes. She just stood there with the clipboard asking questions. Never looked at me.

It's all about the insurance.

Lots of people have bloodshot eyes after getting off of international flights by the way.
Late night flights are called the redeye for a reason.

I found a pic with the woman's face blurred out. His eyes do look a little red but after an international flight that's not really out of the ordinary.

I always had red eyes after international flights.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

As a NON flyer, I find that interesting. Never thought of that! I have severe altitude sickness, hence, no flying. That's by choice, I can't stand the pressure of my head feeling like it's going to explode from the inside out, then comes the severe nausea.......anyway, back on topic, interesting!! Thanks for that info, I never knew about how air travel can effect the eyes!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: research100

i thought we went over the whole 'came from' part.
i come from detroit but i have not been there in 20 years.

did he say im from liberia? or, i was just in liberia?

it really dont matter now.

Yes, dear - he would have put the date that he was last there. That is the whole point of the question.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

As a NON flyer, I find that interesting. Never thought of that! I have severe altitude sickness, hence, no flying. That's by choice, I can't stand the pressure of my head feeling like it's going to explode from the inside out, then comes the severe nausea.......anyway, back on topic, interesting!! Thanks for that info, I never knew about how air travel can effect the eyes!

Air travel is hard on a lot of people. After overseas flights, I'm sick for days.
It's hard to tell when deplaning passengers are sick or just miserable from the flight.
That's why it's more important to prevent a sick person from getting on the plane.
By the end of the flight a lot of people look sick.

Also. Try being stuffed into an airbus 380 from say, Singapore to LAX. You are in a big aluminum tube with 500-800 people depending on the configuration. You share air, BO, passed gas, toilet stench and general funk with several hundred people in an enclosed environment for 12 to 14 hours. Not to mention the fact that you are jammed in elbow to elbow like sardines with each other. Eating, drinking speaking at about 14 inches from your seatmates face.

Low pressure, dehydration.....lots of that.... water is heavy and they only bring you about 6 ounces at a time.
Nausea, exhaustion, a constantly circulating swill of airborne viruses and bacteria contributed by every, single, person.

I could never work as a flight attendant.
All of the demands of a restaurant, bus, bathroom, isolation ward, movie theater and homeless shelter.....sealed in a metal tube with wall to wall people and no means of escape.

I'm getting claustrophobic just writing this.
I think I'll go take a walk.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

My whole argument about the Dallas deputy Monnig having Ebola just collapsed. They recently interviewed him live on local news and he looks okay. He is feeling better, his fever has gone down, but he is still drained. He does have a virus, they just haven't identified which one yet. He expects to be back at work Wednesday.

At least I was right about him having a fever.

They gave him morphine. Seems a little extreme for just a virus.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I worked in the ER so I know he was treated just like everyone else is for those types of symptoms. The family is just looking for a pay off, because 2 of them work in healthcare so they know that he was treated the same also.
ER's aren't use to screening for Ebola in the US. Everyone has been told over and over by the idiots in Washington that the virus wouldn't spread here and to not worry about it, while the borders stay wide open to people from those infected regions every day. I assure you, anyone that has any similar symptoms or is from Africa will be tested in all hospitals now.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

My whole argument about the Dallas deputy Monnig having Ebola just collapsed. They recently interviewed him live on local news and he looks okay. He is feeling better, his fever has gone down, but he is still drained. He does have a virus, they just haven't identified which one yet. He expects to be back at work Wednesday.

You seem.... disappointed that he doesn't have ebola.

No, I posted yesterday how happy I was that he tested negative. The emoticon is embarrassment. Sorry if you misread it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

I missed that part. They gave him morphine? Good grief.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

According to my Dallas ABC TV he told them he was recently in West Africa. West Africa has 17 different countries.

www.wjla.com...

One of the problems with Ebola is there is such a stigma people exposed are ostracized. They are afraid they will be trapped in an infected area if others find out how close they have been to the disease, especially during the time they are hoping to be one of the ones who have escaped infection. Their fear takes over and they are not as forthcoming with information. Until those in the Hot Zones are better taken care of and have a place to be treated with dignity I expect further confusion.

For me I prefer to be angry with the disease and accept others for who they are...fragile and vulnerable.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

I will still feel a whole heckuva lot better about this if he's still feeling pretty good in a couple of weeks.

Because it just seems so coincidental that he came down with some kind of virus after spending...what was it? Thirty minutes (or more) in a small, contained environment harboring the Ebola virus.

I hope like crazy that he IS okay...along with the other deputies, healthcare workers, power washers and members of Duncan's family...

Yeah, I spent all day today pointing out the coincidences. I'm glad he's feeling better. But I am embarrassed I spent so much time on a theory I had. If he takes a turn for the worst will we hear about it?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yes. Don't remember if he said it in the interview or I read it in the article.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for the CDC test results on the Dallas deputy. Can't find anything on the official site, no news, nothing.

Hold on & give me a second to rewind my DVR, he was just speaking to the press......he was very scared when his temp. Hit 101.7, he said he wondered if his ticket had been punched. Testing came back negative.....

Right but it's the first test, which came from an Austin lab. The second test, the final confirmation, is from the CDC. Has anyone heard the final confirmation? Was supposed to be out today.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yes. Don't remember if he said it in the interview or I read it in the article.

He also said he woke up feeling like he had been hit by a bus.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Don't be embarassed...everyone here is trying to figure this thing out and news is fluid, at best. You're closer to the situation than most of us (although I'm only a couple of states away)...so your concern is heightened.

No one will feel better if (when?) he turns out perfectly fine than you...so no worries!

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join