It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Ok now it is English. Regarding the rapid deteriorating. ...

Still cant wait for transcripts!!!!!

No amount of funding that will stop this. Shipments of PPE sitting in docks at Freetown, due to private shipment for public use unknown to authorities.

PPes not sufficient. Touching and being close, touching part off their culture. cant change culture though funding.

No need for media to cause mass panic.

Several Dr's are dying.

(just a few footnotes)

US now speaking, kissing arse to and thanking everyone...

Humbled by great efforts of your people...

Cuba 165 health professionals and sending more millions sent by?? Obama 106 million and over 100 CDC, now sending 4000 troops to make 100 bed treatment center...

Dig deeper and do it faster.

24 counties pledge 1 million

Doubling in Liberia every 2 weeks, Sierra Leon , Guinea every month.

Have only 1/4 of beds needed

400 heath workers infected,

More nurses Drs more labs PPE and Money

Jennas story (CBS)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@222

S.Africa Will

largest and most deadly and in need of basic infrastructure

Laboratory expansion for Liberia

Field hospital in Freetown staffed by 75 professionals

Active leadership in this effort

Private parties will help more as needed

Wait this was back in September??? I thought current? OK where are these transcripts???

edit on pm1031pmFri, 10 Oct 2014 12:08:38 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: research100
Duncan didn't tell them that he had been physically exposed to ebola and then lied on his exit paperwork when he flew out of Africa. He said he hadn't been in proximity to the disease or anyone who had it.

Criminal act, by the way.
Then he exposed himself to hundreds of strangers and his own family.

Had he walked into the hospital and stated " I just came from Africa where I physically touched a woman who was dying of Ebola.", things would have gone differently.

Of course, he'd have had to admit he intentionally risked the health and lives of all of those strangers and even his own family. Obviously, we can't expect people to go around being accountable for risking others lives and intentionally hiding information from those that might help you survive a deadly disease, can we?

Why would we blame a potential mass murderer who won't tell the truth even to save his own life?

Better for us to blame medical personnel who see dozens of minor fevers and stomach aches walk into the hospital every day.
Right?

Mass denial of accountability has made the whole planet crazy.

edit on 10-10-2014 by badgerprints because: just because

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If you use the below link, there is a box below the video to choose the language. If you choose english, all foreign languages will be translated for you.

UN Webcast Live

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth

S. Africa just said they will start training personal on September 20 something? This is not live.

I guess that is as current as the Ministry of Majic I mean Ministry of Information will allow. The transcript is worth far more than this thank you fest. This is such a depressing political circus. I know that while they deliberate people ae in need of basics, Water, Food, and furthermore it is a crime to quarantine sick and well people and leave them without water or food.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Well they would have sent him home anyway. He would have been told to watch for symptoms and until then enjoy Dallas.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Interesting. Says Live on the video feed.

I wasn't watching before... I'll watch now to see if I hear any old dates.

ETA: Looks/sounds live to me.

edit on 53America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:27:53 -05000000003112 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No,
They would not have sent him away to wait for symptoms to show.
He walked in exhibiting symptoms but the symptoms were considered nonspecific given the information the hospital had available.
They turned him away because he didn't use the words "I touched a woman who was dying of EBOLA."

Had he told them the truth, they would have been able to do something about it.

Had he told the truth, he'd never have left Liberia.

edit on 10-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There are some things here that don't make sense. If this man thought/knew he had ebola, why would he be secretive about it the first time he went to the hospital? Why even bother to go to the hospital if you don't want them to know you have ebola?

I don't think he knew he had ebola. I don't think he knew the woman he helped had ebola. What people tend to forget here in the land of luxury, is that there are a whole hell of a lot of diseases in that part of the world. Even with the numbers going up, ebola has only killed a tiny fraction of that population compared to other diseases.

I think he was honest about where he came from. I think this fact alone should have alerted the hospital to at least follow protocols -- which is to isolate and test for ebola. They screwed up. No doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: texasgirl

Except that he doesn't have any symptoms anymore.

The hospital said earlier in the day that Monnig was in good condition and being kept in isolation. He did not have a fever, vomiting or diarrhea.

www.cbsnews.com...

Isn't that convenient? Well, he never had vomiting or diarrhea to begin with. That usually starts on the 4th or 5th day. It's only day 3 since he woke up not feeling well.

Here's what I think: That article I replied to was the first interview, the one outside the hospital room door where he was kept. It's the article where she found out through the media that her husband tested negative and she was mad. Sooo...She claims he had a HIGH fever. No one said anything about a fever when he was brought in. The earlier interview with the son specifically said there was no fever.

Now, the second interview,a live local news one that I saw on tv has the wife slightly changing her story and saying his fever is 'gone'. She knew he did not have Ebola. The highest point his fever reached was 101.7.

Wanna bet the officials saw the first interview and told her she needed to revise her story about the fever? Damage control!! Now I bet they made her say his fever was only 101.5 at its highest, except she goofed and said 101.7. Fever symptoms of Ebola are greater than 101.5.

I totally smell a rat here.
edit on 10-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
He was renting a room in Liberia from a woman who had ebola and her family. She was on the way back from an ebola treatment hospital because the hospital ebola ward was full. She collapsed Duncan and others picked her up and carried her inside. Duncan was in the car with her on the way to the hospital and back. He helped carry her when she couldn't walk. (The part about the woman returning from the ebola treatment center seems to be flying under the radar in most news stories but the New York Times has details in at least 1 article.) She died the day after he was in contact with her but he didn't leave the room he was renting at the dead womans family home for 3 more days.

He lied on his paperwork before leaving Liberia. The president of Liberia spoke about Duncan saying it was an unpardonable act for him to get on the plane.
He would have faced charges had he survived and returned to Liberia.

Maybe he was scared so he didn't say anything. Maybe he just didn't care who he infected but he physically helped to take the woman to the ebola clinic and back. He knew he'd been exposed.

This is why we should fear ebola.
Not because exposure is uncontrollable but because people will intentionally circumvent controls and expose others.

edit on 10-10-2014 by badgerprints because: x

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

WEll I have said as much, it was my impression from the first reports that he had stated he had been in Liberia, at that point the intake at the hospital probably did not know that Liberia was on the continent of Africa, specifically west Africa...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth

Well right after the Lady from the Us speaks he comes on and I think he represented S. Africa. Halfway through his short speech he says that they will be training on September 20 something.
edit on pm1031pmFri, 10 Oct 2014 13:04:29 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here are a few things to consider.

1. US troops on the ground, amongst several other nations militaries who are there or on the way.

2. A created scenerio by world governments to control west African land masses to secure resources.

3. Massive energy reserves off the coast of all infected, soon to be occupied countries..ie. Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.

West Africa vs East Africa: The battle for oil and gas supremacy

(PDF)
Exploration could unlock West Africa frontiers

Not saying this is why a false flag may have started, however generally speaking it usually is the case.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Then why not lie about where he came from when he went to the hospital if he was intentionally withholding information? He went to the hospital because he wanted help for his illness. If he knew he might have ebola, intentionally not telling them about the woman would not have helped him - he would have known that. I haven't seen anywhere in the media whether the hospital asked him specifically if he had any exposure to someone with ebola. Don't you think they should have asked that question, knowing where he came from? If they had asked that question and he lied, don't you think they would have broadcast that to the world to cover their own butts? That tells me they never asked the question. They did ask where he traveled recently (standard form I guess), and he told the truth.

Regardless of whether he knew or didn't know that he had been exposed, when he told them where he came from, the hospital should have followed protocol. No, they can't isolate and test every Tom Dick and Harry that walks in with a fever, but any Tom Dick or Harry that comes in with a fever who comes from West Africa needs to be isolated/tested.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

WEll I have said as much, it was my impression from the first reports that he had stated he had been in Liberia, at that point the intake at the hospital probably did not know that Liberia was on the continent of Africa, specifically west Africa...

He obviously felt that he had to test the geographic knowledge of the admitting attendant. I guess you and Duncan have conclusively proven the pressing need for better geography grades in med school.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

You are probably right about that. They might not have had a clue that Liberia was a hotspot for ebola. But it is their job and their responsibility to know that. There have probably been bulletins sent around to all the hospitals with a list of the ebola-ridden countries. It should have raised a red flag with them as soon as he listed Liberia on his form, and the date he came from there. I don't think they were paying much attention because they thought it just would never be an issue for them - in Dallas, Texas. But that doesn't excuse them. I mean isn't it possible that someone might walk in not knowing if they were exposed? Of course it is. If not Duncan, then someone else. The hospital staff have the responsibility to ask the right questions in order to diagnose. It's the patient's responsibility to be honest and truthful in their answers.
edit on 10-10-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This is how it should be.

It is not.

We are not ready for ebola in America.

Period.
edit on 10-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
They asked...at some point. Or more specifically, a was said to have asked but it gets squirrelly from there.

Just a question. If you'd been living in the same home for two years with a person who'd died from ebola a few weeks prior, and you felt ill...
Would you NOT tell the medical staff you'd been in contact with an ebola victim? Of course not. You'd play Jeopardy with the admitting attendant just to see if you could fool the doctor and win a stuffed animal off of the top shelf. Right?
I doubt it.
I suspect you are smarter than that.
I also suspect you might not have intentionally exposed hundreds of people and your own family to this disease.
That would be irrational.

Everybody wants to blame the hospital for some reason. What about the fact that this guy didn't tell anyone he suspected he had EBOLA? Or that he physically helped carry a woman who died of ebola only hours later?

His brother in law called the CDC before anything was done about it.
This doesn't sound like the hospital dropped the ball on their own.
It sounds like he was seeking help while hiding what he knew.
It was his FAMILY who outed him to the authorities.
He didn't tell them what they needed to know.
His own family did.

Maybe,
Just maybe, he did try to inform them.

Maybe the hospital did ignore him.
Maybe (Like everyone seems to believe) he walked into the hospital with a T-shirt on that said "I just got back from an EBOLA HOT ZONE and I brought back more than this lousy T-shirt.
Maybe he was begging the doctors to help him because he had a fatal disease and they just smiled and gave him a lollipop and an aspirin.

I doubt it.

He gets a pass for illegally leaving his home country, falsifying paperwork, exposing 3 planeloads of passengers and 3 major airports, not to mention everyone he contacted in Dallas, but he's somehow expected to have acted in a perfectly truthful manner at the hospital?

I think that expectation may be a bit irrational.

edit on 10-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I smell a rat too, I mean, really? Really? They KNEW that he had been inside the hot zone apartment where ebola was. To suggest that they didn't even suspect that he might have had ebola is absolutely an insult to anyone with a fricken brain!

a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: research100

they just released on the tv news, when mr duncan went to the hospital the FIRST time he was running a fever of 103 and he told them where he came from.....how could they not suspect ebola??????

gonna have to go with no.

saying 'im from liberia' is not the same thing as saying 'i just came from liberia'

im from detroit but i have not been there in 20 years.

why would staff in texas have to know where the ebola hot zones are?

medical professionals do not know everything about every disease nor do they know where every city in the world is.

like i said in another thread, would a doctor in osaka suspect rocky mountain spotted fever if they got a patient with fever and muscle pain? of course not

there is no reason medical staff in dallas needs to know anything about a disease that was(up until then) only found in africa.

people are just trying to lay blame.

this non citizen lied on his exit of his country to come here and get free care.
now the family wants to be paid

medical staff are not geography masters. no reason they should be

also, i doubt a disease outbreak in africa makes the local hospital bulletins in dallas.

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join