It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: texasgirl
My whole argument about the Dallas deputy Monnig having Ebola just collapsed. They recently interviewed him live on local news and he looks okay. He is feeling better, his fever has gone down, but he is still drained. He does have a virus, they just haven't identified which one yet. He expects to be back at work Wednesday.

At least I was right about him having a fever.

They gave him morphine. Seems a little extreme for just a virus.

I missed that part. They gave him morphine? Good grief.

Yes. Don't remember if he said it in the interview or I read it in the article.

He also said he woke up feeling like he had been hit by a bus.

For all we know he went to the hospital and got the new experimental drug and since he just started showing signs it cured him. Truth is... We will never know the truth. And when we do hear the truth we won't know if we should believe it or not since we have been lied to so much.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
You seem.... disappointed that he doesn't have ebola.

This is the feeling I have been getting from the various threads on ATS, when a suspected case turns out to be another false alarm. Provided someone who had close prolonged contact, such as Louise Troh, doesn't suddenly develop symptoms in the next 8 days, thus resetting the 21 day clock, we are at day 13 of the first 21 day window. With each passing day, the "Dallas Outbreak" that has been so hyped up by the media is diminished in it basis in reality. I would say that the chances are better of another case appearing somewhere else in America via some other Index Patient traveling from the infected region to America than an additional case appearing in the Dallas Metro Area.

The focus needs to be places back at the source of this outbreak and what can be done to contain it there... Dallas is an outlier that has garnered far too much attention.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: badgerprints

Even the hospital admits they screwed up:

His case exposed serious flaws in the emergency room intake process of a major hospital and alerted other medical centers across the country about the need to educate all staff about how to screen for Ebola. Both nurses and doctors who had initially assessed Duncan’s symptoms on Sept. 25 apparently had access to Duncan's travel history through the hospital electronic health record system, but they sent him home anyway with antibiotics -- a decision that may have potentially endangered his life and exposed scores of Dallas residents to Ebola symptoms.

But perhaps what’s more alarming is the way the hospital has released information about Duncan’s first contact with health care workers. In the very first press conference, a spokesman for Texas Health had nothing to say about Duncan’s gap in care or potential mistakes workers had made. Then the hospital admitted one nurse knew he had come from Liberia, but the information wasn’t properly disseminated. Then they said that a flaw in the workflow of the hospital's electronic health record system was to blame. Then it turned out both doctor and nurse did have access to his travel history, and that there was in fact no flaw with the hospital's record system.

“For me, the most disappointing thing isn’t that the system didn’t work, but in the aftermath, instead of helping every other hospital in the country understand where their system failed and learn from it, they have thrown out a whole lot of distractions,” said Dr. Ashish Jha, a professor at Harvard University’s School of Public Health, in an interview with The New York Times.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Oh and by the way, I still haven't found any source that confirms the pregnant woman was taken to an ebola treatment center. Every source says it was simply a hospital. The article I linked above also states that the pregnant woman was the first ebola case in Duncan's neighborhood, so it is definitely a possibility that no one knew she had ebola.

This is the source for the Ebola Treatment Facility statement.

The statement a lot of people keep trying to sweep under the rug. I've posted it enough times to have it bookmarked.

In a pattern often seen here in Monrovia, the Liberian capital, the family of the woman, Marthalene Williams, 19, took her by taxi to a hospital with Mr. Duncan’s help on Sept. 15 after failing to get an ambulance, said her parents, Emmanuel and Amie Williams. She was convulsing and seven months pregnant, they said.

Turned away from a hospital for lack of space in its Ebola treatment ward, the family said it took Ms. Williams back home in the evening, and that she died hours later, around 3 a.m.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ah nevermind.
edit on 10-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

a reply to: badgerprints

I've found the NY Times article. It does say they tried to get her into the maternity ward first, but were turned away, so they tried the ebola ward. It doesn't necessarily mean that they knew she had ebola - the hospital could have recommended she go there for emergency care. I don't see anything in the article that confirms they (including Duncan) knew she had ebola at the time they took her to the hospital.

Regardless of whether this Duncan guy was an irresponsible scumbag or an innocent good samaritan, the hospital must accept blame for the way they handled his first visit. I'm glad you agree with that.

You have to be kidding me.

Who the hell with any sense what-so-ever takes a pregnant woman to an Ebola Treatment Ward because everywhere else is full?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Umm everywhere else was full because so many people were ill with ebola.

That is a very real scenario anywhere this outbreak will occur. The people with ebola get all the beds, the healthcare system is overrun, and the people still needing normal/usual medical attention are exposed or have nowhere to go.

Just one of the many side effects of a epidemic/pandemic.
edit on 10/10/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It's still classified as an epidemic, and I'm seeing it as such for a few more weeks before it hits the pandemic stage.

World wide Ebola? *shudder*

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

It will be if they don't initiate a travel ban on people leaving the hot zones.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Umm everywhere else was full because so many people were ill with ebola.

That is a very real scenario anywhere this outbreak will occur. The people with ebola get all the beds, the healthcare system is overrun, and the people still needing normal/usual medical attention are exposed or have nowhere to go.

Just one of the many side effects of a epidemic/pandemic.

It just seems like to me common sense would say she might have a better shot AT HOME than EVER exposing an unborn child to an Ebola ward. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Why are we still dissecting the back story of Duncan at this point? He's dead. Whether you're of the opinion that he had no idea he was carrying Ebola to the States, intentionally came here for First World treatment options, or something in-between... what is the point??

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break

Why are we still dissecting the back story of Duncan at this point? He's dead. Whether you're of the opinion that he had no idea he was carrying Ebola to the States, intentionally came here for First World treatment options, or something in-between... what is the point??

Because this is a forum dedicated to finding out the truth of matters and denying ignorance. Source: It's the slogan. So why not.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yes... This is a discussion board where people go to "discuss" topics of interests.
Geeeez.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sickofitall2012

It may be a bit late now. Flare-up, hit that 1.2 million by January figure, then get some controls.

If, people don't panic.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just realized it's Friday night and I'm hitting the refresh button on an ebola thread

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You're arguing flaws in the back story... as if that back story was something real. It might be real, don't get me wrong. But even then, so what? Duncan came here to be saved, or he came here because he had previously booked a ticket.. or somewhere in between. I personally think the story is a human interest piece that was made up from the word go... I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to get at by picking at specifics in the story.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

I'm in the same boat.... Epic fail... lol

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break

You're arguing flaws in the back story... as if that back story was something real. It might be real, don't get me wrong. But even then, so what? Duncan came here to be saved, or he came here because he had previously booked a ticket.. or somewhere in between. I personally think the story is a human interest piece that was made up from the word go... I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to get at by picking at specifics in the story.

It's a conversation, I'm a part of it, have you read the past few pages? I am responding to what other's have said. That is why I use the "reply" button. Just like I did here with you. If you don't like what I have to say don't read it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

pregnant???

really?? if she was ready too deliver,,,where's the baby?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

She died.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 29m29 minutes ago
NBC crew that worked with cameraman who has Ebola was ordered into quarantine after it violated self-confinement, health officials say.

Interesting.

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join