It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
well thus far it is not really an outbreak huh.

1 confirmed in dallas who has already died. a couple confirmed that were flown in for treatment.
a few suspected that turned out negative

now just waiting to see if duncan passed it on to anyone else....

i would have thought we would have seen more cases by now...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Deputy Monnig could still have Ebola:

www.cbsnews.com...

I believe the Austin lab used a PCR test on him, which could produce a false negative if the infected person showed symptoms in the first 3 days. Someone could be in the hospital 3-5 days before a diagnosis is confirmed.

Also, one of the symptoms is a fever over 101.5. His wife said his fever reached 101.7.

Still waiting on the CDC results...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i kind of feel like we dodged a bullet.
im sure we will still see more isolated cases but by now i think people thought we would be in the middle of a full blown style contagion style pandemic
dont seem to be the casr

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
i kind of feel like we dodged a bullet.
im sure we will still see more isolated cases but by now i think people thought we would be in the middle of a full blown style contagion style pandemic
dont seem to be the casr

I wouldn't be dry-cleaning your scary clown suit for a party just yet. A growing consensus on ATS seems to be that we're not being told the truth about the active cases. And, we're still well inside the 21-day incubation period for those who came in contact with Thomas Duncan.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh, and purple shirt Judge Jenkins is back in the news again reiterating the disease is not airborne. I can't handle him anymore!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

This is an eye opener...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: digoots

I am more than interested in watching this video, but again is CBS the media outlet with the sole rights to bring this to the worlds attention? Is this for more funding that never reaches the most needy but instead llining the pockets of the elite?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure

I wouldn't be dry-cleaning your scary clown suit for a party just yet. A growing consensus on ATS seems to be that we're not being told the truth about the active cases. And, we're still well inside the 21-day incubation period for those who came in contact with Thomas Duncan.

the general consensus may not be the case at all. just speculation at this point really and symptoms could show before 21 days.
i know its not an all clear yet...
still though.
i think we will be fine. just like with aids, sars, h1n1...

its always going to be 'the 1' that does humanity in and then it never happens

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
Deputy's wife learned of test result from CBS

Apparently the news knew he was "negative" before he did himself. He was released shortly after CBS broke the test results. It's been stated multiple times that the results take 72 hours, not the possible ~24 which occurred between his hospital admittance and release.

This article mentions he had a 'high fever'. She's mad that the CDC didn't tell her the test results before the media posted them? Maybe that's why she came out and said he had a fever when everyone else was pounding it in our heads that there was no fever.

I don't get it. They released him because he tested negative and didn't fit the classic ebola symptoms. He was fatigued, had fever greater than 101.5, muscle soreness AND stomach pains. Uhhhh....those are CLASSIC symptoms of early stage ebola. The only thing missing is a headache. And I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did have a headache too.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
i know its not an all clear yet...
still though.
i think we will be fine. just like with aids, sars, h1n1...

its always going to be 'the 1' that does humanity in and then it never happens

Like Ripley said to an overconfident Vasquez in Aliens, "I hope you're right. I really do."

Statistically speaking, there will be a "1" of some kind, at some point that knocks out the human race. It may not be health-related, but it will be something.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Ageed, I am not even going to attempt to recreate my reply to the CBS Video... Ah well. What to do?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Except that he doesn't have any symptoms anymore.

The hospital said earlier in the day that Monnig was in good condition and being kept in isolation. He did not have a fever, vomiting or diarrhea.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

so how come we are not hearing anything about duncans' family members???? just heard on the news that they have a first suspected case in south america

www.buenosairesherald.com...

The man, who was being kept isolated, had arrived in Brazil on September 19 travelling from Guinea, and on Wednesday he informed he had a fever. if it is ebola then that is an incubation period of 18 days.....guess we keep an eye on this and see

edit on 10-10-2014 by research100 because: added sentence and a link

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Live video UN meeting on Ebola. It started about an hour ago.

Source

edit on 10-10-2014 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

I'm not sure what you mean. As of yesterday, they said none of Duncan's family have exhibited any symptoms.

Officials say none of Duncan's relatives have shown any signs that they are infected.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv well, I missed that, thanks for reposting...that is good to hear...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

they just released on the tv news, when mr duncan went to the hospital the FIRST time he was running a fever of 103 and he told them where he came from.....how could they not suspect ebola??????

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Good GOD.

I've had 102.7 before when I was a really small girl and I was hallucinating. That's insane they sent him home!!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My guess is an overworked intake person combined with little to no interest in the outside world other than what comes in on the idiot box.

You'd think anyone in thr medical field would be more aware of this deadly disease, but the sad fact is, most of them are too busy running the well-designed rat race that is our society.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Its just a jumble of non English languages. I guess we wait for the transcripts? This is important that much must be so.

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join