It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

Czech hospital tests man with Ebola symptoms - @Reuters

Man hospitals are going to be heaving with people that just sneeze , this is a tough situation .. do you take the chance? and if not how can you possibly fund whats needed to cope?

NEWS LINK

Q

Interesting. Your comment made me realize, what kind of "financial strain" is this going to put on the already overpriced insurance industry ? And I'm not talking about the costs of actual Ebola cases, yet. I'm talking about all the people running and getting tested for Ebola because they are "sneezing" or such. Or all of the costs of quarantining only suspected cases ? What is it going to do to the price of insurance and healthcare costs when we are already struggling to get it under control ?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah...I'm really confused on this as well. I hear all kinds of conflicting "facts." And doesn't the test take up to 48 hours to get results?? Didn't they just admit him to the hospital yesterday?

edit on 9-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy
There are apparently 30-minute, one hour, and two hour tests from what I've read. But I believe all of them only work after the person is showing symptoms, which he still may. Didn't someone else post he's still under quarantine though?

Sigh.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
a reply to: woodsmom

That was me asking about when to pull my kids out. We are in Kentucky. My husband said wait until there are case near here. Now I'm worried that even if there are cases, we may not be told.
Jillian

I did too!! Your worry is the same as mine. My 13 yr. old came home from school today & told me the very second he hears of an Ebola case in NJ, he is going to school in a mask & gloves, & he doesn't care what anyone says!! GEEZ.......myself & other parents from our local elementary school, agree we are taking our children out if either Ebola or enterovirus hits the school. But, as another poster posted, we really wont know for sure, because at first, it probably will just seem like the yearly flu.....My 10 yr. olds best friend has been out of school sick this entire week. I had my son call him last night to check up & see how he was feeling. So far, he just seems to have a cold, but the little guy is in high spirits. I think we are o.k. SO FAR!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Deputy's wife learned of test result from CBS

Apparently the news knew he was "negative" before he did himself. He was released shortly after CBS broke the test results. It's been stated multiple times that the results take 72 hours, not the possible ~24 which occurred between his hospital admittance and release.
edit on 9-10-2014 by JG1993 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Today I feel like crying. Even for same shirt Judge and his family. Perhaps they were fooled into thinking that this was escapable in terms of a pandemic.

I have to say that life would be so much easier if I had been dumbed down instead of lead into the information sharing networks. This is worse for someone who is not an intellectual or brilliant academic. I say that because it is like trying to write a symphony with only 1 note, or a letter with only 3 words in my vocabulary to express what I would like to say.

Intuition and common sense are a blessing but they are also a challenge when your gut tells you one thing and the media tells you other wise. You just have wait until it all plays out.

I am not sure what I am trying to say, I guess just connecting with you. I dreamed of your wolf in your Avatar 2 nights ago. He was nose down moving between a couple of my out buildings, headed west to east. I sensed Loyalty and other silent type warnings that I can feel but not intellectualize.

It took me awhile to find what I felt compelled to share after reading your beautifully written post. You made me remember this...

How Wolves Roll - Wolves always travel in single file. This is done to conserve energy and clear the path for the rest of the pack (packing the snow down, etc) -- the first wolf in line is known as the "trailblazer". When the trailblazer tires, he falls to the back of the line and another wolf steps forward. Cooperation like this and conservation of energy are some of the reasons that wolves are so successful.

We are like that here, in this world-wide collective of minds and souls, on ATS. Throughout my time here, there were times I could help lead, times I could only follow behind, and times I had to be a lone wolf and be away for one reason or another. But I always find myself drawn back to this pack on one random isp in all the places one could travel on the web. Each post following the trail of the one before it.

When Ebola began to make headlines a world away from my own family, even then there were many here who foresaw that where we find ourselves now, was inevitable without a massive response. We know who they are and they continue to lead us, inform us, challenge us and stand behind us as we search for truth.

I believe each person here wants to be of service to this world we live in. We dream of a more just world, albeit one that may look very different from the societal constructs we find ourselves within now.

You are not alone. None of us is. For that, we are all grateful. We are awake. We will work together to learn and hope to help paint a picture of truth and reality, that only in realizing, can we manifest our dreams for a better tomorrow.

Collectively, all of us can work together, with others, and even Ebola and the fear it creates can be contained. Together. With truth first.

And yes, I have danced with wolves, the real kind and those who appear in sheep's clothing. I have danced with the wolf in my avatar and he is magnificent.

Blessings to you and I was so very moved by your post.

Thank you.

edit on 9-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
www.wsoctv.com...

Boone, NC

A patient who had recently traveled to a foreign country showed up at a Boone hospital with a fever, according to the Appalachian Regional Healthcare System.

edit on 9-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So here's a question. Has the W.H.O, the CDC, Doctors Without Borders or any organization started an Ebola Survivor's Blood Bank, aside from the "black market?" If not, why not?

It might help new patients and survivor blood donors in Africa could perhaps be compensated. It might have helped Mr. Duncan since the hospital says there was no match for his blood type. Would it help?

The hospital was unable to provide him a blood transfusion from someone who had survived an Ebola infection because it could not match his blood type. Such a transfusion might have given him antibodies to fight his deadly infection.

“Mr. Duncan did not receive the same type of serum transfusion as the patient in Nebraska because his blood type was not compatible with the serum donors,” the hospital said.

Source
edit on 9-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was thinking on this earlier. Seems all we ever hear about is Dr. Brantly's blood. Could you imagine being him, oeople are fighting over his blood re: Duncan as we speak. How surreal that must be.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah...I'm really confused on this as well. I hear all kinds of conflicting "facts." And doesn't the test take up to 48 hours to get results?? Didn't they just admit him to the hospital yesterday?

Apparently there are TWO tests; one from Austin and one from the CDC. The Austin one came back negative but we still need to hear the results from the CDC, which should come back today.

I still don't understand why the son or anyone else did NOT mention the deputy had a fever when they whisked the deputy away.They even made it a point to say he did not have one. When they interviewed his wife yesterday she was relieved the test was negative, even though she thought it was a slim chance he contracted it. But she also proudly said the "fever was gone." She said it was at its highest at 101.7.

And what about the other two deputies? It's not like some random person said they were ill, too. It was Scott Guiselman, President of the Dallas Sheriff Fraternal Order of Police! And it was reported on CNN, too. Why has this suddenly disappeared?

***He was released from Texas Health last night. Huh....
edit on 10-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I wonder if the blood of a survivor cured by zmapp or another treatment would be of any use. I think (opinion/guess of a non-expert) that only the blood of someone who survived naturally would have the antibodies in their blood that might help others.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

The blessings of truth overflow in this moment.

Your post should be memorialized in the annals of ATS.

Powerful, insightful, clean and true.

It feels like your words wash over me right now, Thank you.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Right especially since he has not even seen his son by her in 12 years... Couple that with her residence so conveniently located walking distance from the hospital. This whole things so contrived and preplanned.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have a request from everyone, last night I was on a search for any real time tweets or blogs, posts from any of the survivors or eye witnesses to the ebola situation in Africa. I tried to locate pictures of the bodies, the patients in the hospitals, anything that could show what the actual effects from this disease are such as the hemorrhagic side, the symptoms, how people think they contracted it when others did not.

The only thing I found were CBS/BBC type news reports, which were good, but not what I was looking for. Now I realize that a few days ago the Ministry of Information requested that no information be released until it was cleared from them, but even going back to last March when this began to evolve, nothing, zip.

Now when I did find a couple cases that were accepted to released to the media, they all seemed very scripted.

I think to understand more clearly and to lean from the people who have been living this nightmare we need more eyewitness accounts from the African regions affected.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
From what I did find, the virus does not match what science has written about Ebola, the symptoms were Fever of 104 for several days coupled with fatigue, hiccups, body aches and rash. No mention of blood blisters, bleeding or anything else we dread about this virus.

Yet, the citizens still continue to fight going into the centers for help, only 18% have supposedly opted to go in and that was only after the symptoms were in full vial mode. They do not trust this, they do not trust the aid workers there to help, nor the centers themselves.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
And why are we not able to get interviews and updates on the Duncan family?

I am not saying that there is no threat. This is still something that needs to be taken seriously, but ATS, we are missing something here, something that could blow the top off this if only we put our collective minds together to uncover. We need some courageous whistle blowers to come forward if nothing else.
edit on am1031amFri, 10 Oct 2014 07:37:30 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I have a request from everyone, last night I was on a search for any real time tweets or blogs, posts from any of the survivors or eye witnesses to the ebola situation in Africa. I tried to locate pictures of the bodies, the patients in the hospitals, anything that could show what the actual effects from this disease are such as the hemorrhagic side, the symptoms, how people think they contracted it when others did not.

Dearest Antar, I am almost hesitant to send you here...if you Google "ebola" and then click the "Images" link, you'll get plenty of images, including bodies, buboes, charts that describe the symptoms, etc. (Forgive me if you've already tried this and I misunderstood the request.) Also, please don't do it while eating breakfast!

Here's a simple symptom progression chart from the search results.

On a side note, here's a live chart of how the term "ebola" has spread on Twitter. Hopefully, the recent surge in activity means that more real info. is forthcoming.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Vice News is a very solid and informative source. They tend to put boots on the ground in the most dangerous of places.

Vice News - Ebola

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

And why are we not able to get interviews and updates on the Duncan family?

I am not saying that there is no threat. This is still something that needs to be taken seriously, but ATS, we are missing something here, something that could blow the top off this if only we put our collective minds together to uncover. We need some courageous whistle blowers to come forward if nothing else.

I know, I'm not seeing anything about the Duncan family on the local news, either. Why hasn't Anderson Cooper done another live interview with Louise?

I believe the family of the Dallas Sheriff's deputy was told what to say and to specifically NOT reveal he had a fever. It would account for the 'slip' his wife made about his fever being 101.7. I also noticed when they played that interview on the news again this morning it was so brief they cut that part out.

There's definitely a cover-up going on here.
edit on 10-10-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure

Dearest Antar, I am almost hesitant to send you here...if you Google "ebola" and then click the "Images" link, you'll get plenty of images, including bodies, buboes, charts that describe the symptoms, etc. (Forgive me if you've already tried this and I misunderstood the request.) Also, please don't do it while eating breakfast!

Here's a simple symptom progression chart from the search results.

On a side note, here's a live chart of how the term "ebola" has spread on Twitter. Hopefully, the recent surge in activity means that more real info. is forthcoming.

Great chart! Can someone tell me how many days you have to show symptoms before the Ebola test is effective? It appears that chart actually fits Dallas deputy Monnig's symptoms in the earliest stages. The aches, fatigue, and now fever (as his wife claimed) Would that test come back negative since he's only in day 7-9?

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join