It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is getting crazy.
I just want to say thank you all for the excellent information updates. I don't even know what to say about it all except this is beyond scary now. As a busy mama, you are providing the best possible combination of the info out there.

Texasgirl, hang in there sweetheart. I have to say I agree with Antar, maybe homeschool isn't such a terrible idea. I homeschool my two boys and it can really be made into a very fun family thing. If I can help in anyway, please feel free to ask. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom
This is getting crazy.
I just want to say thank you all for the excellent information updates. I don't even know what to say about it all except this is beyond scary now. As a busy mama, you are providing the best possible combination of the info out there.

Texasgirl, hang in there sweetheart. I have to say I agree with Antar, maybe homeschool isn't such a terrible idea. I homeschool my two boys and it can really be made into a very fun family thing. If I can help in anyway, please feel free to ask. Good luck!

I don't have kids. I am single. It was someone else who asked about pulling her kids out and homeschooling, but thank you for the advice, anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: texasgirl

texasgirl, I would pull my kids out.

Until this stabilizes.

Homeschool, Home Bound courses can be arranged.

Thank you for the advice but I don't have kids. I'm single. (Someone else mentioned pulling their kids out, not me)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

My mistake, the offer stands to anyone who may want some help.
Good luck with it all still.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Today I feel like crying. Even for same shirt Judge and his family. Perhaps they were fooled into thinking that this was escapable in terms of a pandemic.

I have to say that life would be so much easier if I had been dumbed down instead of lead into the information sharing networks. This is worse for someone who is not an intellectual or brilliant academic. I say that because it is like trying to write a symphony with only 1 note, or a letter with only 3 words in my vocabulary to express what I would like to say.

Intuition and common sense are a blessing but they are also a challenge when your gut tells you one thing and the media tells you other wise. You just have wait until it all plays out.

I am not sure what I am trying to say, I guess just connecting with you. I dreamed of your wolf in your Avatar 2 nights ago. He was nose down moving between a couple of my out buildings, headed west to east. I sensed Loyalty and other silent type warnings that I can feel but not intellectualize.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Oh texasgirl, not sure why I thought you had children, your family I know are close so maybe that was it. On any account, I have thought of you often since this thread began and always think positive thoughts towards you.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Today I feel like crying. Even for same shirt Judge and his family. Perhaps they were fooled into thinking that this was escapable in terms of a pandemic.

I have to say that life would be so much easier if I had been dumbed down instead of lead into the information sharing networks. This is worse for someone who is not an intellectual or brilliant academic. I say that because it is like trying to write a symphony with only 1 note, or a letter with only 3 words in my vocabulary to express what I would like to say.

Intuition and common sense are a blessing but they are also a challenge when your gut tells you one thing and the media tells you other wise. You just have wait until it all plays out.

I am not sure what I am trying to say, I guess just connecting with you. I dreamed of your wolf in your Avatar 2 nights ago. He was nose down moving between a couple of my out buildings, headed west to east. I sensed Loyalty and other silent type warnings that I can feel but not intellectualize.

Antar,

I think it's good not to be 'dumbed down', as they are the ones who will be paralyzed when it all finally goes down. This way you are armed with information and can make better decisions. By being in the know you have a better chance of surviving if SHTF.

As for same shirt Judge they let him loose so he could talk his a** off and brag about how he went into the apartment to show you can't catch it this way. Poor guy, now he looks like a total fool and we haven't heard a peep from him.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: antar
I understand how you feel, Antar. Maybe it's the multiple simultaneous happenings like the airplane cleanup crews striking (the beginning of a strike snowball, IMHO), nurses beginning to bail in Spain and here, incompetence everywhere (purple shirt politician, "isolating" a Spanish nurse with only a curtain/panel, sending deputies into a virulent apartment with no protection, etc.), obfuscation surrounding PZ's death, and then the whole head-in-the-sand approach by US football-crazed, Taco Bell-swilling screen junkies.

I fear that our society's epitaph will be "If Only..."

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

That was me asking about when to pull my kids out. We are in Kentucky. My husband said wait until there are case near here. Now I'm worried that even if there are cases, we may not be told.
Jillian

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I know we live in a world of "pics or it didn't happen" But I just wanted to share my and my families experience with Enterovirus. Take it for face value. We had it about a month and a half ago. The first week of school...

I was just sitting here thinking about how the symptoms we experienced in the early stages are similar to ebola. Minus the bleeding from every exit in your body! lol
Especially now that I am seeing ads circulate with "sore throat" being listed as a symptom of ebola.

I initially got sick and then my kids a few days later ironically. I have no idea where I picked it up from and I am a nazi about cleanliness. It started with some serious gastro issues... I was nauseous, couldn't eat and had a pretty high fever and body aches. Then it turned into upper-respiratory crap with a bad sore throat and I had a hard time breathing.

My kids started the same way. But they vomited a few times, had high fevers and really bad red eyes. Then it turned into a bad sore throat and a bad cough. My oldest son has asthma and he is still coughing pretty bad and it has been a month since it hit our state and us badly. (Colorado)

I know that if Ebola was present in our state and they had those early symptoms now, off to the ER we would go! I would be freaking out. They were so incredibly sick and the symptoms mimic ebola very much in the beginning before it turns into more of a bad cold.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If the school child really has it, forgot what were the contacts , how do we stop it .. you should all be thinking about damage limitation now i bet the tptb are.. drip drip

Guess what you didn't stop it now your in a deep pile of .. doodoo due to arrogance and incompetence

Again I say as I did at the beginning of this thread.. and in the middle.. and again now.

BUY some supplies whilst its still their and relatively cheap , even if it is contained it wouldnt hurt to say have 1 month worth of supplies for you and your loved ones, earthquake? flood ? rolling blackouts? it would help in these situation also

Get prepared bugging in is the new bugging out!. remember the bleach

Q

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
a reply to: woodsmom

That was me asking about when to pull my kids out. We are in Kentucky. My husband said wait until there are case near here. Now I'm worried that even if there are cases, we may not be told.
Jillian

If it were me ma'am .. and me and the wife had already discussed this , if it was prevalent in the next State ( your states are a lot bigger than our counties )

we will pull our kids out of school , if its started and i still hope it hasn't proper, your gonna do it eventually so why not early rather than waiting for it to come move in next door

Q

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoAngel2u

If he did not recover, how can they use his blood for survivor serum?

The immune system failed to defeat the virus before the host died, but some antibodies were produced. Even in death, Mr. Duncan will continue to exist until his usefulness has been exhausted.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Remember to SANITIZE everything that comes into your home and steer clear of fresh fruits and produce and anything else you can think of that could have been coughed on, sneezed on or # on before it was packaged off to America. I think they know the food chain has been compromised for they doth protest too much about food not being affected...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Yep, that is "If" he actually died and is not being kept in a state of animated suspension...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That's a safe bet, Antar. I would do just that if given the opportunity. However due to the massive liquefaction of the internal organs of a late-stage ebola patient I do not know if that is possible.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Thats true but this may not be anything that has been studied in the past through pigs and monkeys. It has different qualities than anything I have read about. I think about how Autopsies were cancelled much like with Alzheimer's, but is it because of the spread or other hidden reasons? We know organ failure seems to be a problem in the late stages, hell not even sure with what now constitutes the end stages as that seems to change with each patient.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Look everyone they have a new plan which should ease all worried minds.

we're asking passengers to fill out a declaration about what symptoms do you have? Are you feeling ill? Where have you been for the last 21 days and where will you be for the next few days?

And, through a non-contact thermometer, we're going to be taking the temperatures of every passenger that comes from one of the three affected countries. "

As long as you fly into one of the 5 major airports we selected (DFW excluded) didn't take any aspirin and tell us the truth.

Don't you feel safer already?

Excuse the sarcasm but this is ridiculous.

link
edit on 9-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Why are they trying to make Duncan and his girlfriends a tragic love story? I don't believe it for one minute!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Me either.

I'm becoming a very angry person.

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join