It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: texasgirl
Well...I'm thinking they're starting with the US's busiest international airports. People coming over from Africa would typically stop at one of those first, as Duncan stopped at Dulles.

That should still include DFW. It is an international airport and is the 3rd busiest.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Apparently not for direct flights frim Africa?

I'm not arguing with you...just speculating about their rationale and how they are playing the odds.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Apparently not for direct flights frim Africa?

I'm not arguing with you...just speculating about their rationale and how they are playing the odds.

No, you're right. But I guess we should be on alert now for other countries since Spain has a nurse with Ebola.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Has anyone heard about messages being sent from a Dallas area school about a child being hospitalized with possible ebola?

I was just reading this Washington Post article about the deceased Mr. Duncan. Read the lone comment at the bottom....just a sad hoax of a comment, or real?

DaveinDallas
6:22 AM EDT
Now, in what I am pretty sure is an example of the hysteria about this, the suburban school district where my kids go sent everybody a message, actually several messages, that a child has been admitted to a hospital because of ebola-like symptoms.

edit on 10/9/2014 by Olivine because: fix wonky link

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This virus would be any 'Jihadist' dream!

Think about it.... instead of strapping bombs to themselves... all they have to do is contract this virus and the go walk about... look at all he illegals crossing borders.... it's like n invasion by Ebola!

Seriously though, you never know who is carrying this # until its to late and if they aren't being checked for the virus, well, there could be thousands already over the borders!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Haven't heard a peep from any news source about Judge Jenkins this week. Though I believe that he may be facing quarantine, and also his family and anyone that they might have been in contact with. I personally think that this disease is waaaaaaay more contagious than we are being told. I would bet the farm that he's got it, and so does his family and kids and also the cops that were there with him and their families as well.

The question is, how many other people have they been in contact with? Not good at all.

And the calm mongering continues.

edit on 9-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

edit on 9-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spell

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Good Morning texasgirl

I do not understand why they couldn't just beef up the check points at ALL airports?

I think that if a passenger takes lots of tylenol and uses eye drops they can pass any check point anyway.

What about border check points?

What about cruise ships and import goods in large containers?

CDC finally admitted that the ebola virus stays on surfaces up to 6 days...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

I LOVE that

"The Calm Mongering"

edit on am1031amThu, 09 Oct 2014 09:01:11 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
This virus would be any 'Jihadist' dream!

Think about it.... instead of strapping bombs to themselves... all they have to do is contract this virus and the go walk about... look at all he illegals crossing borders.... it's like n invasion by Ebola!

Seriously though, you never know who is carrying this # until its to late and if they aren't being checked for the virus, well, there could be thousands already over the borders!

This is what I'm truly afraid of. I still can't believe they haven't tried this yet, as it seems the easiest and cheapest way to hit us hard along the border. They must be up to something even more sinister.....freaking goat lovers.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

From your link:

No funeral has been planned for Liberian man who died of Ebola in Dallas

I had the biggest visual of Duncan in suspended animation similar to the movie Coma...

Using him for his tainted blood to cure others...

No WAY will I believe and stated as much earlier in this thread that his body was rushed off to be incinerated asap. They will use it, dissect it, but not until the last cell has been utilized.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
At what point do we call this Bio terrorism?

Yesterday I was Mad, today I am sad... Going through the stages of death and dying.
edit on am1031amThu, 09 Oct 2014 09:08:41 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

texasgirl, I would pull my kids out.

Until this stabilizes.

Homeschool, Home Bound courses can be arranged.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Imagine a Hollywood script with a high concept plot: well-financed terrorist group takes advantage of the world's inadequate response to a virulent outbreak and launches a quiet campaign in the areas, offering pre-paid trips to the West--ferries, 777s, cruise ships, any portal of entry. Perhaps a plot point could be that the wealthy terrorist group could buy travel agencies, or even infiltrate local businesses, anything to obfuscate the paper trail.
A film like this would be given thumb's down by critics for not being "fresh" enough, for being too predictable.

edit on 9-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Guys, we have been following this long enough to see how "all in" elected officials like Judge Jenkins and entities like the CDC are to the no risk of exposure mantra, in that apartment. Riding on the outcome of new cases is a powerful political career of the judge who is on the November ballot. The CDC advised on the no risk motto without direct contact, while ignoring the qualifiers of how long the disease can survive outside the host.

These absolutes by authorities and the CDC have locked them into an outcome that they can't control, except by covering up contrary information. They have a lot riding on what cases develop, especially those not on their contacts list, but who should have been.

Does anyone here know specifics about how far they can hide behind HIPAA privacy laws as it relates to Ebola and a public health risk? What has to be disclosed and what can be hidden?

There are significant careers and credibility riding on what may or may not emerge. I don't underestimate the lengths to which individuals and organizations will go for self preservation. CNN just reported that Texas officials have said there is NO RISK that the deputy has Ebola. They are all in. That's dangerous, for anyone and everyone.
edit on 9-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

If real, that is sad and scary. Who did this child associate with? where did secondary contact come from? Did they go to school with Mr. Duncan's child? How was this child exposed?

Or is this just cautionary screening? Let's hope nobody else tests positive! All of this could be hysteria and or caution.

I for one will be taking precautions for the next month or so, just until we see if any further cases are PROVEN in Dallas.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
All I remember is that they would nit release the name of the third patient at Emory due to
HIPAA.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You make EXCELLENT points, DWW...

The fact that the CDC and government officials would be more worried about their reputations/careers than the public good is frightening. The fact that this theory doesn't surprise me in the least is very depressing.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
CNN just reported that Texas officials have said there is NO RISK that the deputy has Ebola. They are all in. That's dangerous, for anyone and everyone.

The deputy spent up to 30 minutes in a tiny apartment with no protective gear where Duncan (aka patient zero) had full blown ebola with multiple symptoms (sneezing, coughing, vomiting etc) to say that there is NO RISK is ignorant and irresponsible. Oh wait this is CNN and Texas officials we're talking about....

edit on 9-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Now it's about controlling the spread of information--to heck with the disease. The truth is buttoned up, and all pressers will be scripted. Their only worries are occasional wild cards. I don't think we would have heard about the deputy if he had not walked into the convenient care office.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

If he did not recover, how can they use his blood for survivor serum?

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join