It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ebola worse than HIV, SARS – UN official

The man leading the UN response to the Ebola epidemic, Dr. David Nabaro, says Ebola poses a worse threat to humanity than HIV or SARS and the global effort to combat it is woefully inefficient and that he needs $30 million now.

Nabaro was speaking after various presentations on how to combat the disease, including at the UN Security Council and General Assembly, before he returns to Europe and West Africa, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.

Ebola has so-far been centered on the West African countries of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, and has infected 6,553 people and killed 3,083. So far the outbreak looks like it’s been arrested in neighboring Senegal and Nigeria, but the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) believes that if it is not contained Ebola may infect 1.4 million by January.

“I can remember in Africa early on in HIV thinking ‘This is an unspeakably awful situation, but it will not decimate the population’…though we still lost millions. I watch this and I think it is much nastier than HIV. I remember working on SARS and being scared, but this is much worse than SARS. It is just spreading faster and faster and faster,” he told the paper.

I hadn't seen this before. That's some scary stuff.
edit on 8-10-2014 by RockerDom because: forgot the quote

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
This whole fever check at FIVE WHOLE AIRPORTS bs is simply that, BS. By the time they get their crap together and stop flights from the affected countries it will be too late.

Not to mention....

Ebola: are thermal scanners effective prevention tools or just a placebo?

Devices meant to detect high body temperatures as a clue for infectious diseases may prove more reassuring than effective.

How does a financial services conference expecting thousands of attendees coming into the US from more than 130 countries try to keep participants safe from Ebola? It takes their temperature.

Checking body temperature isn’t a sure-fire way to find individuals infected with Ebola. People can carry the virus for up to three weeks before showing symptoms, and are not contagious during that period. The patient in the US case, Thomas Eric Duncan, was reportedly asymptomatic when he travelled from Liberia to Dallas.

much more here

edit on 8-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Whoa, some scary stuff in the posts above! I just finished reading about the enterovirus, and how we have another case here in my county, which, according to the article, 14 cases of enterovirus in NJ. Odd having to worry about two awful viruses at the same time....If either ends up in my children's school, I'm pulling them out. I have a feeling this is going to be one hell of an awful winter for us....
edit on 10/8/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
Whoa, some scary stuff in the posts above! I just finished reading about the enterovirus, and how we have another case here in my county, which, according to the article, 14 cases of enterovirus in NJ. Odd having to worry about two awful viruses at the same time....If either ends up in my children's school, I'm pulling them out. I have a feeling this is going to be one hell of an awful winter for us....

If it end up in your kids school it may be too late to take them out before they are exposed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

If it end up in your kids school it may be too late to take them out before they are exposed.

Ssssshhhhhh.......I'm freaked out enough. I still feel safer if I can get them out ASAP. Actually, I'm not the only parent that said they were going to take their kids out if either of these two hit our school. I was highly surprised by the # of parents that said the same. But, yeah, you could be right because in the beginning, it's probably more like flu symptoms, & that's what most will think.....such a depressing topic, but I can't help but want to keep up with it all....as I said yesterday, im worried for my children, not myself. Which im assuming most parents are....So far, only 1 other child from the little boys class, the boy that died from the enterovirus, was being looked at. No following info yet on that child. Still waiting.....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Tonight on PBS NOVA the show is called "Surviving Ebola"

I just turned it late into the program, but now I know why big tobacco is involved. They use the tobacco plant to grow the protein for the Zmapp

I thought that was a little tidbit of info. And to be honest, glad at least something seems promising.

I plan on seeing the next time this airs and DVR it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wow...purple shirt aka Judge Clay Jenkins is in trouble with CPS.

DALLAS, Texas -- Breitbart Texas has learned a complaint was filed with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, also known as CPS. The complaint was filed on Sunday morning by a concerned Dallas citizen who had read about Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins going into the apartment where Ebola patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, lived while he was sick. Jenkins was in the apartment with four people who had been directly exposed by Duncan to the Ebola virus. Jenkins said, in a subsequent press conference that he was going home to his wife and nine-year-old daughter after he discussed being in the apartment again and driving the exposed family to their new home -- a forty-five minute drive. At no point did Jenkins appear to wear any protective clothing.

The concerned citizen reached out to Breitbart Texas in a phone interview and provided information about his complaint to CPS. He told Brietbart Texas he wanted to remain anonymous because he is a business owner and is concerned about retaliation. The concerned citizen said he felt Jenkins’ conduct was inappropriate when he unnecessarily exposed his child to potential danger. “I am doing this because I am concerned about the child,” the complainant said, “and I am concerned for the children in her school who might become exposed if the virus were to spread.”

Source

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

A fast-tracked study conducted in Britain to assess the safety of an experimental Ebola vaccine is expected to complete its first phase of testing by early December, the project leader said Wednesday.

The pace of the trial, which began on Sept. 17, has been dictated by the alarming spread of the deadly virus, said Professor Adrian Hill, a researcher and director of the Jenner Institute at the University of Oxford. He and his team are conducting tests on healthy volunteers of the Ebola vaccine developed by drug firm GlaxoSmithKline.

“The objective of this vaccine isn't to have it sold — it’s to have it deployed and used in a sort of emergency relief setting in the three afflicted countries in West Africa,” Hill said.

The volunteers chosen for the trials are healthy individuals between the ages of 18 and 50, he said.

good info there

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
check this out guys, he is kind of snarky but good info.

www.disclose.tv...

This is insanity!

8 soldiers die of ebola. (British)

The deceased, according to our source, contracted Ebola recently at the Edward Binyan Kesseley (EBK) Barracks when a lady unsuspected of carrying the disease, visited one of the victims, Cpl Floson Louise.
The ‘concubine’ who visited the late soldier has also been victimized by the disease. She is yet to be identified.
“When she slept at the EBK, it was thereafter the soldiers contracted the disease, and could not survive despite “intensive treatment” at the various Ebola Treatment Units in Monrovia,” our source disclosed.
This latest setback among the rank and file of the already sparse number of soldiers has reportedly created panic among them, to the extent that some of them have begun to desert the various barracks across the country.

www.liberianobserver.com...
edit on pm1031pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 22:30:58 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I unfortunately don't have anything helpful to contribute to this thread. But I do want to say that I am starting to FREAK OUT a little. I am a germaphobe who is always sick. I'm a germaphobe BECAUSE I am always sick. I have immune system issues which has caused me to be a freak about cleanliness, etc over the years.
This is my worst fear coming true. MY WORST FEAR. I fear nothing like I do diseases and pandemics.

I have done so much research over the years... I should have initially become a micro-biologist. Hindsight...
Anyway, on a separate but related note, if everything I have researched about the "Fema Camps" is true, then a lot of these weird seemingly unrelated pieces to the puzzle are going to start piecing themselves together very soon. Big pharma, bio weapons, population control, etc.
edit on 8-10-2014 by alishainwonderland because: !

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here we are sending in troops by the thousands, when the word on the streets is that we the US were the ones who created this disease as well as AIDS and so I have to question not only the safety when it comes to going into a Hot Zone, but also of the individual safety as the country is already distrusting of us and that will only complicate things when they see a militarized take over atone of the scariest times in their history.

Millions died and continue to die from aids but this pandemic is killing more people each day.

This cannot end well for our troops, in this thread today it was addressed and the question posed about where we will house and care for the troops when they stat getting sent home infected.

Ebola, AIDS Manufactured By Western Pharmaceuticals, US DoD?

Reports narrate stories of the US Department of Defense (DoD) funding Ebola trials on humans, trials which started just weeks before the Ebola outbreak in Guinea and Sierra Leone. The reports continue and state that the DoD gave a contract worth $140 million dollars to Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company, to conduct Ebola research. This research work involved injecting and infusing healthy humans with the deadly Ebola virus. Hence, the DoD is listed as a collaborator in a “First in Human” Ebola clinical trial (NCT02041715, which started in January 2014 shortly before an Ebola epidemic was declared in West Africa in March. Disturbingly, many reports also conclude that the US government has a viral fever bioterrorism research laboratory in Kenema, a town at the epicentre of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The only relevant positive and ethical olive-branch seen in all of my reading is that Theguardian.com reported, “The US government funding of Ebola trials on healthy humans comes amid warnings by top scientists in Harvard and Yale that such virus experiments risk triggering a worldwide pandemic.” That threat still persists.

www.liberianobserver.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They will welcome our troops no better than we would a militarized takeover by other nations in the event of a pandemic on American soil. I have a horrible feeling about where this is headed.
edit on pm1031pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 22:58:19 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Wow! That merits a thread of itself.
The source, is it credible by ats standards?

edit on 8-10-2014 by Kaworu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

I agree with other posters this info needs a thread of it's own. If the US and Canada caused this by accident or.......I do not even want to think that way. If they played a part in this the world will demand answers and no amount of lawyers or flag waving will stop the questions.

Personally I think a accident happened and they are trying to cover it up. From what I understand they left Africa in a hurry and no one in the mainstream media is asking any questions. This might be the long awaited proof that the mainstream media is in fact part of the government. History and the world will be watching this time around. This is going to turn into a much bigger deal as time passes.

If you are part of the mainstream media and are reading this post........Ask the hard questions history and the world are watching.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

thnk u.

was going to do a 21 day watch on the deputy, but it got vetoed,, booted,,

its just math and guesswork.

Oh and common sense.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I haven't read the thread so hope no one has posted already.

Has anyone seen this?

US Army Research Institute of Infectious Diseases - ebola airborne in colder climates?

edit on 4am1009America/ChicagoThu, 09 Oct 2014 01:08:58 -0500081012014-10-09T01:08:58-05:00 by wanderingconfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Newly Vigilant, U.S. Will Screen Fliers for Ebola

However, health experts said the measures were more likely to calm a worried public than to prevent many people with Ebola from entering the country.

Also screening just the people (with a non-contact thermometer) whose travel originated in Africa "in case they develop symptoms in flight." Wouldn't they need to screen people leaving the U.S. now too?

Dulles, JFK, Newark, Atlanta, and O'Hare airports.

"But none of this would have helped in the case of Thomas Duncan, who didn't become sick until days after he arrived."

Here comes more profiteering...I mean, here are the touchless thermometers being used at Dallas-area schools, and I'm assuming at the airports?

edit on 10/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
They have closed the CareNow clinic for a deep cleaning. The ambulance that transported the Dallas Deputy is now out of service and the guys transporting him are on a 2-day leave.

I still haven't heard anything more about the other 2 officers showing illness. Could the media be confused about the ambulance driver and paramedics being on leave when it's actually the other 2 officers showing illness?

This is getting so confusing.

And where is Judge Jenkins? He was constantly doing press conferences last week but now he's nowhere to be seen. Unless I'm wrong?? Has anyone seen him on the news yet?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Why is Dallas/Ft. Worth airport not included in this list of airports for Ebola screening? I mean, we're the ones who had the Ebola patient and now another possible case!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
Well...I'm thinking they're starting with the US's busiest international airports. People coming over from Africa would typically stop at one of those first, as Duncan stopped at Dulles.

Plus, by this logic, other countries should/would now be screening flights coming in from the US.
edit on 10/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join