It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking the Strong Delusion: Our Morality vs. God's Morality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No you aren't, and no you don't.

One can't believe in the words of Jesus if they don't believe in the rest of it (the Bible). It's impossible.

edit on 2-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto
a reply to: windword

Who am I, or any other Christian for that matter, going to believe? Some heretical man, or God? Sorry, but I just don't believe that you were ever saved.

God said that "no man may pluck them out of my hand."

Right. I was NEVER "saved" because your version of salvation is fantasy. There is nothing to be saved from.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

My point exactly. You don't believe the Bible and you don't believe God.

My version of salvation is Biblical.

Either you were never saved, or God is a liar. I'm inclined to agree with God. Sorry!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

LMAO!!!!

Says you... According to your church or your dogmatic views

You're pretty funny man...

IF you think a label saves you... you got another thing coming...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Again, you are not God's equal. And you can write any lie you want but it won't change the fact that you're seeking to judge him - that you want to raise yourself up - and I'm not giving you that...

I am giving you proper answers. And it is not my fault that you think that you are so deserving. Seriously, what are you deserving of? What have you done for God? What awareness of the Spirit have you that is worth saving - anything?

Read: Hebrews 11:1
Read: Luke 17:5-10

The problem is that you have simply no idea as to what you're talking about. Why are you even asking for answers to questions that you demand to be false? It makes no sense the way you structure your arguments and demand rights.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Another think coming?

"Says me?"
Says The Bible.
I didn't say anything about a label. I'm talking about taking God at His Word and resting on Jesus for my salvation.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Interesting that most of these people's problems are the same problem that Lucifer/Satan had. Pride. To exalt themselves above God.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I was raised going to church but was also raised to think for myself and come to my own decisions about my life. When I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior it was a powerful experience. In a quiet, dark place I prayed and I told God I realized I was a sinner etc. and asked him to be my Lord and Savior. At that moment in time I literally felt a "rushing wind" up inside me (if that makes sense, hard to explain) and was overjoyed and could feel the change inside. I attributed that as confirmation of my beliefs for a long time but now I realize that it was not. The mind is a powerful thing.

edit on 2-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Look dude... Once upon a time I believed the whole book was all true... the inerrant word of God

And that was because it was what I was told I had to believe as a Christian...

Then I actually tried reading it... studied it for many years... and found the real truth...

Your "version" of Christianity is different then many others... so what makes you believe you are "saved" and others are not?

Most of Christianity relies on Pauls verison of being "saved"... Faith alone by grace... which is a white wash... and makes Jesus' words null and void

And don't tell me what I did or didn't believe... OR that I wasn't a Christian either...

You don't know me from Adam... OR my past... Or my future...

Quit being a typical Judgemental Christian...

Geez

"Says me?"
Says The Bible.

Yes... Says YOU

the bible does not say " you have to believe every word of this book to be saved"

Though im sure you believe it does
edit on 2-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

There is no Biblical God.

I once believed that the Bible was God's word, just like you. I believed in the biblical God and that Jesus died for my sins, just like you.

I preached the gospel to the point of nausea, just like you. I believed in the Second coming and the rapture and prayed and spoke in tongues and read the Bible and quoted scripture like nobody's business, all over the place.

I know now that I was deluded and brainwashed, just like. Some day, you too may see the light too.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Being saved isn't some emotional experience. It's a change in what a person believes. It isn't supposed to be some "powerful experience."

You were likely deluded in the mind, sounds to me like.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I'm not the one calling you a liar. The Bible is. I'm simply relaying that to you. Pretty much the only thing you ever fall back on in your arguments is that "PAUL WAS WRONG" "Let's strip out of the Bible everything that Paul wrote because I don't agree with it."

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You spoke in "tongues?" Like the Pentecostals? Wow, you really WEREN'T saved were you?

The Biblical reference of "tongues" means languages. These people spoke OTHER LANGUAGES that OTHER PEOPLE could understand. They weren't "holy rolling" and speaking gibberish.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You already told me im a liar at the top of the page...

wanna do it again?

Feel free...

Like I said, the bible does not say "you have to believe everything in this book"...

It doesn't say it has no errors either... In fact... It doesn't even say "this book is the word of God"

SO get over yourself...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Well than I was saved when my beliefs changed from Christianity to atheist. Before that I had nothing to change from because I was.. oh I dunno.. seven. Also, I guess you missed the part where I said I felt the change of "being born again" (which is what you really mean by change, I assume). I don't care if you think I was a legit Christian or not. You weren't there and know nothing about how my Christian life was. I matched all the criteria I've seen you list so far..

edit on 3-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Interesting to note also, that it seems you people who are "ex-Christians" seemed to believe in works based salvation. Lot's of emphasis on the things you did and not alot of emphasis on what you actually believed.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

These people believed / believe in "works based salvation."

The only thing I, or any other saved person, for that matter, would be asking God in that day (if we found ourselves being condemned) is : "Lord, you told me to believe on Jesus Christ. Are you a liar?"

Not : "Lord, I did this, and I did that, and I did this, and I did that!"

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Too bad you pay too much attention to Paul...

Those people had "faith"... but no works...

They choose who needed help and who did not....

IF they Believed in him, they would have been doing what he asked of them...

You fail the test by the way... clearly

You are not Christian... You're a Paulian...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Oh! So Pentecostals aren't saved either?

I love how you Christians judge and condemn each other. Why should I, a non-Christian, worry about your judgement now?

I used to believe in Santa Clause. I wrote wrote him letters, telling him about my good deeds. I baked him cookies and left them out with a glass of milk on Christmas Eve. I even tried to stay awake to catch a glimpse of him. Are you going to tell me now that I never believed?

edit on 2-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

And their faith was enough to get them to heaven. Now, if we love God, we SHOULD do the works. Not, we MUST do the works. I can't even argue this with you because you like to strip away 1/4 of the Bible. Can't do it, won't do it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It's pretty simple man. We are to judge righteous judgement. So we can tell who from who. I never said that "Pentecostals aren't saved." I'm sure that some of them are. What I AM saying is that the holy rolling and gibberish speaking is not of God.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join